Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Heaven's Will ❯ Prologue, part 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Heaven's will

Fandom: Gundam Seed

Genre: Romance/General

Rating: PG-13

Type: Multi-part, chapter 1/???

Pairings: Yzak/Mirialla, Nicol/Melody (OC), Athrun/Cagalli, Kira/Lacus, Dearka/Michelle (OC).

Disclaimer: No, I do not own Gundam Seed

Author's notes: My first official Gundam Seed fic, this fic is set in the Alternate universe with some linkage to the original fandom in the beginning. This is not related nor does it consist of Gundam Seed Destiny events.

Summary: What happens if Mirialla Haww's family members, except for her parents, were all situated on Heliopolis when Zaft attacked? What happened if both her sisters were taken back to Zaft by respective Zaft pilots during the chaotic situation, whereas she had been situated with the Earth Alliances forces on board of Archangel?

***

Prologue - Part 1

Mirialla, Michelle and Melody Haww were sent to Heliopolis; a colony which belongs to their hometown, ORB, to complete their education. The three of them were very close to one another in terms of relationship, despite their difference in age. Mirialla and Michelle were closer in age since they only had a difference of one year, while Melody was a total of three years younger than Mirialla. All the girls have short brown hair, but that is where the similarities end.

Mirialla is a very easy going person who enjoys making friends, while Michelle is harder to get along with. She has a very tight circle of friends, only befriending people from first impression and relies mostly on her instinct. However, once you got to know her, she could be a very loyal and responsible friend. Melody, on the other hand, is shy and helpful by nature. She will only talk to that person after observing them for quite some time; otherwise, she will usually remain silent while the others converse. Despite having differences when it came to their social life, the three sisters remained close-knitted to one another. They shared secrets and enjoyed discussing their recent happenings together.

The day when Heliopolis was attacked, both Michelle and Melody were studying peacefully until they heard a series of gunshots. They quickly took off in search of their elder sister, Mirialla, as they feared for her safety. Together, they searched and combed every area they usually saw their sister hanging out at, yelling Mirialla's name. Hoping to catch a glimpse or even hear their sister.

Meanwhile, Mirialla was running along with Sai and her boyfriend, Tolle, when she thought she heard her sisters' voices. She paused mid-step and tried to locate the direction when she found herself rooted to the spot despite her logical mind telling her to move. Standing tall in front of her was no doubt, a Mobile Suit, which she later knew the exact term for. Before she knew what had happened, she felt herself being pulled away from the spot by Sai.

Meanwhile, Melody and Michelle was so engrossed in the task of searching for Mirialla that they failed to notice three mobile suits surrounding them. It was not until they found themselves trapped in the middle of a crossfire that they realized the danger they were in.

"Nicol, you done?" Yzak asked as he started up the system of GAT-X102 Duel.

"Wait, just a minute." Nicol replied as his fingers worked on the configuration of the GAT-X207 Blitz.

Nicol Amarfi, Yzak Jule and Dearka Elthman were part of the Zaft elite soldiers selected to pilot the latest mobile suits developed by the Earth Alliance (?). The three of them were just about to take off when they noticed the two girls trapped between the crossfire with nowhere to run.

Being kind and helpful by nature, Nicol decided to interfere and help the two girls despite Yzak's protest. Dearka, on the other hand, remained unaffected and only helped because he wanted to flirt with the girls.

"Nicol, what are you doing?" Yzak growled as he noticed Nicol exit the cockpit and head towards the girls. He snuck a glance at the other side and found Dearka doing the same. 'Not you too, Dearka!' Yzak grumbled mentally.

The girls were jerked back into reality when they felt someone pulling them, snapping their attention to the culprit. They were shocked to find themselves facing Nicol and Dearka, and upon closer inspection, they realized that they had been caught by Zaft pilots. Despite feeling scared and helpless, both girls were determined not to let their fear show.

Gathering her wits, Michelle looked at both pilots with unwavering eyes and asked. "What do you guys want?"

Nicol smiled. "We mean no harm; we just want to help you."

Melody was about to say something when Michelle interrupted her train of thought. Michelle arched an eyebrow gracefully and asked. "Oh, really? You guys are not trying to hold us hostage?"

Dearka looked as if he were about to retort when he decided against it. "Yeah... we merely wanted to help, isn't it?" Dearka looked to Nicol for help. "Unless, you two want to be left stranded here." Dearka added, gesturing to the chaotic situation around them.

Michelle and Melody shared a look, thinking for a while before shrugging nonchalantly. Nicol smiled in relief while Dearka smirked in satisfaction. Looking at Dearka wryly, Michelle took charge of the situation and gestured for Melody, her younger sister, to follow Nicol since her instinct told her not to trust Melody with Dearka.

Dearka looked crestfallen for a mere second, before he replaced it with a solemn expression. As soon as Michelle entered the cockpit of Buster, she smirked at Dearka. "Why? Disappointed that it's not my sister in here with you?"

Dearka shot an irritated look at her and said. "What's it with you?"

Michelle shrugged and replied. "Nothing, just that I don't trust my baby sister with you especially knowing that you are one of those boys who would have liked to take advantage of her and deny it later on when someone else questions you."

Dearka stared at Michelle with disbelief before asking. "What makes you thinks that way?"

Michelle glanced around the cockpit before turning towards Dearka. "Aren't you going to pilot this thing? Oh, as for the answer to your previous question. I don't know you, but I trust my instinct."

Resisting the urge to shake his head in defeat, he calmly sat down on the pilot seat. Just when he was about to tell the girl where to sit, he found himself staring at Michelle who had just settled herself comfortably on his lap.

"Why? Surprised to see that I know where to sit without you instructing me to?" Michelle smirked, "Too bad, I'm not telling you the reason."

Dearka stared at Michelle dumbly, not knowing how to respond. Yet, somehow he could not help but feel himself be attracted to this girl sitting calmly on his lap as he piloted the GAT-X103 Buster back to Zaft territory.

Meanwhile, Melody and Nicol were still staring at the cockpit of GAT-X207 Blitz, not knowing what to do. After a while, Nicol decided to break the awkward silence. After all, he needed to get back and report to their commander, Rau Le Cruez.

"I think you'll have to sit on my lap as I pilot this thing since there's not much space in here." Nicol said politely.

Melody nodded hesitantly, not trusting herself to speak. Throughout the journey back to the Zaft Laurasia Class Battleship, the two remained silent. Melody was thankful that Nicol had not caught her blushing when she first sat on Nicol's lap while Nicol piloted them back to Zaft territory.

The moment the cockpit of Blitz opened when they landed safety on board the Laurasia battleship, Michelle was waiting for Melody patiently with a set of Zaft underclassmen female uniforms.

Melody looked at Michelle with questioning eyes, while Michelle whispered. "Don't ask, just change. That will provide you free access on board this ship; otherwise, you will be taken as hostage. I'm sure you don't want that to happen."

Taking the set of uniforms reluctantly, Melody sighed and changed into them while Nicol and Michelle helped to block her from the view of other's.

"Alright, I'm done." Melody announced.

As soon as Melody finished changing, another mobile suit landed on the hangar deck of the Laurasia Class Battleship. "Athrun!" Nicol called out as soon as the cockpit opened.

"Aa... Nicol, where's Dearka and Yzak?" Athrun Zala, pilot of the GAT-X303 Aegis asked. Catching sight of both Michelle and Melody, he frowned. "Who are they? I don't remember having them as part of the crew earlier on."

Nicol smiled sheepishly. "They were trapped in the middle of a crossfire, so I suggested bringing them back with us. Anyway, Dearka and Yzak are with the Commander."

Athrun smiled wryly at Nicol's blush before eyeing Nicol with disbelief. "Yzak actually agreed with you?"

Nicol blushed and shook his head slightly. "No, in fact, he disagreed but he couldn't do anything. Dearka went against his wish as well."

"Maa... I'll go and see the commander now." Athrun started heading towards the direction of the bridge, before turning back. ¡°Nicol, I'm sure you do know that they have to room with us. Especially since we can't let anyone else know about their existence or else they would be in danger."

Nicol nodded his agreement before turning back to the girls. Gesturing towards the exit of the hangar deck, he said. "I presume you heard Athrun's words, I don't think it's appropriate for you girls to share a room with males but this can't be helped since no one else but us should know of you two being here."

Nicol then led the girls down the hallway and towards the room where the four of them usually hung around. Gesturing to the room, he told the girls. "This is where the four of us usually hang out, so if there's anything you two need from us; feel free to approach us here. I'll provide you two with the pin code for the room later when there are fewer people around."

Next, he led them towards the hallway where majority of the rooms for staff crew were located. Gesturing to the second door from the left, he said. "That's where Athrun and I stay; the two of you will have to split up. One of you will stay here with us and the other one will have to stay with Yzak and Dearka. Their room is just next to ours, so feel free to hang around here. I'll give you the card key later on."

Gesturing for the girls to enter the room, he headed towards the desk and took another card out.

"This is our spare card key; I'm giving it to you now. The reason why we have a spare is because we tend to misplace them since everything in space is weightless hence it's hard to locate once it's lost." Nicol paused in the middle of his speech, thinking about what to say next.

After a while, he said. "We're risking a lot here, so please do us a favor. Do not appear in places where you two shouldn't be seen in. If not, I don't know what will happen."

Michelle and Melody nodded in unison, while Nicol smiled in gratitude. "Well...I'll leave you two here for the moment, I'm needed somewhere else. Feel free to roam around the room but not outside. At least, until either I or the others are back." Nicol said before he exited the room, leaving both girls to their privacy.

~ To be continued~

Date started: 22/05/05

Date completed: 23/05/05