Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ In The Arms Of A War Hero ❯ Mandatory Obligations ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-Author's Note-
Thanks so much to -
~Alexs: I am so pleased you like it so far! And this is definitely NOT a one shot. Not in the least! Thnx so much for being my very first reviewer, it means a lot!
xoxStArDuStxox: lol, thnx for reviewing 6 times, Sam! It means a lot to know that you're supporting my fic!
I hope all of you who enjoy Gundam SEED enjoy reading this fanfic as much as I do writing it!
Please enjoy!
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
In The Arms Of A War Hero
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
Mandatory Obligations
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
Chapter 1
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
 
“Do you understand so far, Representative Attha?” Asagi asked, holding the pointer stick firmly in her hands, rotating it counterclockwise as she paced back and forth before an overhead illuminating a blank screen.
 
Cagalli bluntly nodded her head and blew a straying piece of blonde hair from her golden-brown eyes. She struggled back a yawn as she adjusted her posture and uncrossed her legs and fixed her pant leg with her foot.
 
“Are we almost finished, Asagi?” Cagalli asked, “I'm getting hungry…” she said placing a hand over her stomach.
 
Asagi sighed and flicked her blonde hair behind her shoulder and walked over to Cagalli and placed the pointer stick on top of the thick, rectangular mahogany portioned table. She leaned against the side of the table beside Cagalli, who swiveled in her seat to face Asagi face on.
 
“Yes, Ms. Attha, you may leave for the day.”
 
Cagalli jumped out of her seat and tucked it in brashly. “Great, thanks Asagi,” she said while fixing the bronze suit jacket she wore over a white, turtleneck blouse.
 
“Make sure to arrive on time for tomorrow, Ms. Representative,” Asagi called over her shoulder as she gathered that days notes and placed them neatly into a folder, “because Julie will be coming in for your lesson tomorrow, and she does have the tendency to be a bit brash.”
 
Cagalli turned around from the door and gave Asagi a small smile, “I won't, but besides, it's not my fault for being late anyway.”
 
Cagalli opened the door and threw her hand up in the air behind her as she walked away, “It's Kira's bad driving that's at fault.”
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
Kira gave an aggravated sigh as he shuffled through the mail he had just picked up. They were all bills he would have to give to the butler to short out and pay.
 
It's been a while since I've heard from anyone…I hope they're doing ok…
 
“Excuse me? Mr. Yamato?”
 
Kira looked up from his leaning-over-the-countertop position to have eye-contact with Miyu, the head maid of Attha Manor.
 
“Yes, Miyu?”
 
“You have a phone call from Ms. Attha,” she said as she walked over to the sink behind the counter Kira was resting against and began to peel some potatoes that were in the sink.
 
Kira thanked Miyu and left her in the kitchen as he took the short walk down the hallway towards the table stand in the main foyer and picked up the phone that was laid aside upon the wood.
 
“Hello?”
 
“Kira?” asked Cagalli's voice.
 
“Yeah. Hi Cagalli, is something wrong?”
 
“No, nothing's wrong. It's just that I'm done my lessons for the day and I'm starving. Can I get a ride?”
 
Kira chuckled at Cagalli and told her he would be by to pick her up by the ORB Council Building shortly.
 
“Great, thanks Kira. Oh! And Asagi says I can't be late tomorrow. So you better improve your driving by then,” Cagalli said with a comical twist in her voice.
 
“My driving? What's wrong with my driving!” Kira said placing his hand on his hip.
 
Cagalli let out a laugh, “It's your driving that made me late again this morning. I have Julie as my instructor tomorrow, you know, the one you don't like?”
 
Kira looked behind him to see if anyone was around listening and found Toho, one of the maids standing behind him, she blushed at being caught listening to his conversation. She bowed apologetically and left quickly. Kira looked around nervously before covering the mouth piece with his hand and whispering, “I never said I don't like her…” he said uncomfortably.
 
“Yes you did…” Cagalli almost sang, “You told me that you didn't like her behaviour towards ORB, remember?”
 
“I didn't say that, I said I don't like how she teaches…”
 
“Yeah, but you still don't like her…” Cagalli said. Kira could picture Cagalli leaning against a wall with a smug smile upon her face.
 
“Fine, I don't like her.”
 
“I knew you didn't. But as I was saying, I have her as my instructor tomorrow and Asagi says that she's strict, so I can't be late.”
 
“Yeah well…” Kira said rolling his eyes. “I'll be there soon,” he said to get back to the original topic.
 
“You better. I'm hungry.”
 
“I know, I know.”
 
Kira hung up the phone after saying good bye to Cagalli and told Takayaki, the butler that he was picking up Cagalli and would return shortly.
 
“Have a save trip, Mr. Yamato,” Takayaki replied, giving Kira a curt bow.
 
“Thanks, Takayaki.”
 
Kira opened the door and stepped outside, gazing about the neatly kept grounds of Attha Manor.
 
Trees of Sakura and bushes of clover sprinkled the front grounds. In kept by the security of a steel gate - equipped with one hundred and twenty volts of electricity Takayaki bragged about to Kira when he and Cagalli had first arrived at Attha Manor -
 
There were flower batches of iris and magnolias sprinkled evenly across the short, frequent-trimmed grass. And a decorative placing of brick and stone framework around each and every tree base in the yard.
 
Kira took in a deep breath of the fresh air as he headed towards the red Ford Freestyle that lay motionless in the circular driveway.
 
He got in and began the car, taking a glance at his appearance in the rearview mirror and brushed his bangs to the side of his face.
 
Lacus… Kira thought dismally.
 
It had been fifteen months since he had last seen everyone together. When they made the promise to reunite if they were ever separated.
 
Kira sighed at the fact that they had never come to make an arrangement of when they would meet and how long after they separated would it take place.
 
Kira's head rang with the dim voice of Lacus Clyne when she had told him that he should always keep his bangs away from his eyes, because then his eyes projected strength and masculinity.
 
Lacus… Kira thought again.
 
He sighed and turned on the radio and tapped his fingers along to the beat of a song he was unfamiliar with as he made his way onto the main roadway to the heart of Kyoto so he could meet Cagalli.
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
“Athrun?”
 
“What?”
 
“Do you think they'll ever let us out of here?”
 
“I don't know, Dearka.”
 
As punishment for betraying ZAFT, Patrick Zala found it the main priority that Athrun and Dearka would remain in jail for a profound amount of time.
 
“Those bastards,” Dearka rasped, “fifteen months in this cell.”
 
Athrun lowered his head so his eyes were hidden from the look of pain and embarrassment that radiated from his comrades eyes.
 
“He's your father, Athrun. Your father!” Dearka raged as he stood up with his arms cuffed behind his back as he let out a scream of rage as he kicked the wall.
 
Their uniforms had been burned and they had remained in the same shirts and pants. Battered and bruised from their weekly beating, over-watched by Chairman Zala, Athrun and Dearka remained silent and didn't give the executives of ZAFT the pleasure and privilege of watching them get angered and raging.
 
“Bastards,” Dearka cried as he sank to his knees. “Bastards, the lot of them.”
 
Athrun's eyes shone with pain and lethargy. They emitted hurt and betrayal towards every person who encouraged the war. Who proudly worked under his father. Who bragged and boasted to work under the badge.
 
Athrun rested his head against the cement wall of the cell he and Dearka were in. He shut his eyes and took in an uneasy breath.
 
Once again he felt tears forming in his eyes, but he refused to let them fall. He would give his father the chance to boast that his son was not only a traitor to ZAFT but also overly emotional.
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
-Author's Note-
I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Comments of any kind are not mandatory, but are very much appreciated. If you're unsure about anything so far, do not hesitate to let me know in a review, or e-mail.
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
If you also enjoy Inuyasha, then check out my other Fanfictions
Just a Note to Say…..
&
Internet Connections