Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ In The Arms Of A War Hero ❯ Fast Forward ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-Author's Note-
Thanks again to ~Alexs for reviewing, it is much appreciated, and also I hope that even though many people may not like Gundam SEED or even understand it (all the mechanical and science-fictional talk) that they take a chance on my fanfiction. If they like it, great! If not, then it's no problem.
I hope all of you who enjoy Gundam SEED enjoy reading this fanfic as much as I enjoy writing it!
Please enjoy!
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
In The Arms Of A War Hero
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
Fast Forward
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
Chapter 2
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
 
“Haro!”
 
“Haro!”
 
“Please, Mr. Blue, Mr. Pink, you must be quiet! We are trying to travel to Tokyo in secret, so please keep quiet.”
 
“Ms. Clyne, as I said before, if those toys of yours do not keep quiet, than we will have to keep them in the luggage.”
 
Lacus Clyne and her ushers were following the second-in-command of the Tokyo Police to their aircraft that would take them from Hong Kong to Tokyo, Japan.
 
Her escort had slicked back black hair that was hidden underneath an olive green military hat. He was dressed in top notch military attire and badges that were drowned in past accomplishments. Lacus instantly noticed how he walked, as if his shoulders and middle of his back were tied with a metal rod to a wooden pole.
 
“They are not toys…” Lacus pouted under her breath as she tucked a piece of hair behind her ear under the darkened shading of her hooded cloak.
 
“Ok, from this point on, I don't want anyone to say one word, is that clear?” the escort said.
 
One of Lacus's consoles stepped up to the escort and grabbed his arm before they entered through the metal doors to the aircraft. “I will not tolerate you taking that tone with Ms. Clyne. It is for her protection that we are even evacuating to Tokyo, so I will not have you speak to her in that manner.”
 
“Why you…” the guide growled clutching his hands in fists.
 
“Please, gentleman,” Lacus said raising her arms between the two men preventing a fight that could easily break out, “If there is a fight between you two then we will definitely be discovered.”
 
The two men only glared at each other as they gathered back into their formal lines with Lacus positioned in the center of a circle of men.
 
Perhaps when I get to Tokyo I should write to Kira…I promised him that I would write as often as I could…and also considering that is has been almost four months since the last letter I wrote…
 
“Ok Ms. Clyne, we can board safely. It's a non-stop flight to Tokyo.”
 
“Thank you,” Lacus said sitting comfortably in a window seat with Mr. Pink in her lap. She let down her hood and let her hair fall loosely around the base of her back. She ran her fingers over the ends of her hair.
 
“Mr. Pink, as selfish as it might sound,” Lacus said looking into the black button eyes of her pink Haro, “I wish that I could be with everyone again. Be the group we were fifteen months ago. I wouldn't care what they're doing, or where they are, I'd just want us to be a group again.”
 
“Haro! Haro!”
 
Lacus smiled at Mr. Pink and returned her gaze out the window as her eyes were saturated by the picturesque view of the world from above. She had never truly appreciated the glory of Earth, but seeing it from the view of a bird she seemed to feel more appreciative of the comforts of Earth.
 
Lacus began to hum one of her latest songs as she wondered what it would feel like to be truly free. To not have to evacuate a country, to settle down and live in a consistent home. Have a family one day. But now only dream of a family when the war ends. Have a husband to love and cherish.
 
“Maybe Kira…” she wondered aloud.
 
Lacus widened her eyes and looked down at Mr. Pink with a tint of rose proportioned to her cheeks.
 
“Haro!”
 
Lacus giggled and brought Mr. Pink close to her face and whispered, “Let's just keep that between us, ok, Mr. Pink?”
 
Haro rolled over on its side and flapped its wings, “Haro!”
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
“How's this?”
 
“Um…A little to the left if you can. And hold your hand up shading your eyes like you were before. That looked good.”
 
“Like this?”
 
“Yes, perfect!”
 
Miriallia had become a well-known photographer in the heart of Matsue, Japan. Working under the head photographic company run by Mikoto Misuraba, she had become well known by several Japanese magazines.
 
She was taking a picture for a sunglass ad and was working with her partner Kanadi Tutsuya.
 
“Kana, stop moving!” Miriallia said with a laugh.
 
Kanadi smirked and stole a glance at Miriallia as she adjusted her focus to take the proper quantity of a picture. “Sorry, Miri, I can't help it! I can't stay like this forever, hurry up and take the picture!”
 
Miriallia laughed and shot the picture. “There, done. Happy?” Kanadi nodded and moved from her pose and ran over to Miriallia grabbing the digital camera and clicking until she found the picture.
 
“Ew…”
 
Miriallia undid a button on her parchment-coloured, calf-length jacket and walked over towards Kanadi with a slight frown on her face. “It doesn't look good?”
 
“Is my nose really that big!” she said turning her head to the side, staring at the picture with her disbelieving green eyes.
 
“What? Kana…your nose isn't big!” Miriallia said giving her partner a reassuring squeeze on the arm.
 
Kanadi shook her head whining as her long black hair flew about her body.
 
“Kana, come on, you look good. Now let's get back and show Mikoto the results.”
 
Kanadi sighed and handed Miriallia back the camera, who then put it in her pouch and zipped it up.
 
They walked down the street as tourists and Matsue residents walked down the street in the bright afternoon sun. People ran in and out of shops, laughing and smiling and Miriallia envied them, she wasn't in the mood to be working on a day like this.
 
Kanadi was telling Miriallia another story about her boyfriend as they walked, but Miriallia was too focused on a sight that lay before her instead of paying attention to what Kanadi was saying.
 
There was a couple holding hands walking down the street. And Miriallia could tell they were in love. Deeply in love.
 
Tolle… Miriallia thought sadly as she stared down at her shoes.
 
It had been almost a year since he was killed and Miriallia felt that she was still crumbling on the inside.
 
“Tolle,” Miriallia whispered under her breath as she felt faint tears form in her eyes.
 
“Hmm? Tolle?” Kanadi asked staring bewildered at Miriallia.
 
Miriallia forced a smile, “Oh, it's nothing,” she said waving it off, “It's really nothing, what were you saying?”
 
Kanadi continued on with her story as Miriallia once again was lost in thought. Every time she thought about Tolle, for some reason the face of that pilot appeared in her mind. She could easily picture his eyes, his hair, his smile. She mentally shook her head and berated herself,
 
Don't think about him like that! For God's sake! Tolle! Look what happened to Tolle!
 
“Hey, Miri, you ok?”
 
Miriallia looked up at Kanadi's worrisome look, and then after realizing they had stopped walking, looked up at the sign that read “Mikoto Pictures”.
 
“I'm fine, Kana, really. I'm just a little tired,” she assured rubbing the bridge of her nose. “O…k,” Kanadi replied as she entered the building.
 
Miriallia brushed her hair out of her eyes as she rested her hand on her forehead to shield her eyes from the sun as she looked up at the sky.
 
“I am ok. I am.”
 
No, I'm not. I'm not ok. Will this ever heal? Will I ever forget?
 
Her life from the time with Tolle until now seemed like it was nothing; like it never existed. Like she was watching a movie and had fast forwarded to the now of her life. Everything was fuzzy; a blur. Except for the pilot of the Buster, Dearka.
 
What is it about him that won't let my mind forget?
 
Is it Tolle's death?
 
Why do I always see his face when I think about Tolle?
 
Miriallia rubbed her eyes and looked at her watch before entering the building, the image of the two lovers walking hand in hand fixed in her mind once again.
 
I will forget…won't I?
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
-Author's Note-
I hope you enjoyed this chapter. It is a little off than what I was hoping to write and jumping into the main story, but I had to explain how Lacus and Miriallia were doing after the fifteen months of the separation. Everyone's affected differently. If you're unsure about anything at all, let me know via e-mail or review
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
Reviews are not mandatory, but are appreciated. Hope you enjoyed the chapter!