Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ MS Seed Girls ❯ MS Seed Girls prelude ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

MS Seed Girls
 
Disclaimer: I own nothing except Alexandra Kerensky.
 
Notes: This story is directly inspired from an art-book called `MS Girls'. In it, you found pre-pubescent girls with power-armour in the form of the Mecha of the various shows in the Gundam Universe.
 
 
Prelude
 
We are in the far future in another dimension.
 
In this dimension the standard calendar had been replaced by the Cosmic Era calendar which began when humanity really began to reach outside the gravity well of their birth-world.
 
In the Cosmic Era (C.E.) 50, the still developing population of Earth was sent off to live in space colonies called PLANTs (Productive Location Allyon Nexus Technology).
 
Those who lived in Plants were classified as Coordinators, humans whose genes were manipulated. They possessed enhanced characteristics in all physiological ranges such as intelligence and physical strength. On the other side, those who lived in Earth were classified as Naturals, regular human beings.
 
The origin of Coordinators and the conflict with Naturals began very stupidly like all racial conflicts before. In C.E. 36, a man named George Glenn graduated from MIT (Massachusetts of Information Technology), became a star player in American football, an Air Force pilot and a scientist. That was quite a feat for him to achieve that many accomplishments.
 
For his next feat, Glenn designed a spaceship called the Tsiolkovsky for a seven-year journey to explore Jupiter. While in Earth orbit, Glenn broadcasted a message stating that he was not born naturally and was the result of genetic manipulation. This manipulation was what gave him more intelligence and physical strength to allow humanity to reach its full potential. Glenn described himself as a Coordinator between humanity's past and future; moreover, he left behind the plans of his genetic manipulation in the hopes that others would become like him.
 
While he was gone, just as anybody should have predicted with fear still the major flaw of the human race, Earth fell into chaos with many demonstrations over genetic engineering. Fourteen years later (C.E. 50), Glenn returned with the fossil of a winged space whale identified as Evidence 01. As tensions rose, Glenn was assassinated, which set off a wave of anti-Coordinator violence, especially with the birth of a terrorist organization known as Blue Cosmos.
 
In C.E. 70, tensions ran high between the Earth Alliance (EA) and ZAFT (Zodiac Alliance of Freedom Treaty). After the 'Bloody Valentine' incident in which a nuclear weapon was used by the Earth Alliance to destroy the Plant space colony Junius Seven, an all out bitter war broke out between the two forces.
 
However, despite the fact that the Earth Alliance outnumbered ZAFT, the war dragged on for 11 months. It was apparent that the war was in a stalemate, with neither side giving in to the other.
 
The main reason behind ZAFT success against the Alliance was the development of the mobile suit, a giant humanoid machine that could be piloted by one person and armed with a variety of weapons. This gave ZAFT an edge over the Earth Alliance's weapon technology based mainly on ships and artillery weapons.
 
Meanwhile in another dimension a millennia-long war was ending with simply sheer exhaustion. In this world, the main protagonists were all girls. Those girls all have the mental potential to summon an energy field and control it to create what was called Mobile Suit Power-Armour. The collective name of those girls was `MS Girls'.
 
Those man-scale suits of armour gave them giant Mecha-scale firepower and protection. Girls as young as 12 years old were capable to go toe to toe with warships and 20 meters war robots… And of course with each others.
 
During a long series of conflict with a few moments of peace between, the Earth of this dimension exhausted her population and her resources in meaningless conflicts for all sorts of reason: Races, resources, revenge, politics, …
 
Among those MS girls was a unique one. Her name was Alexandra Kerenski or `Alex'. She was born at the very beginning of the war in a Russian orbital colony. During the first phases of the conflict, she was a support personal of the main pilots. In the beginning she was a test pilot for the first giant mobile suits created for the normal pilots and later, she tested new configurations for existing mobile suit power-armour. Her mental power, also known as New-Type Ability and encountered mainly in those who were born outside the gravity well of the Earth, was minimal at first. But as the conflict progressed and her services became more and more demanding, it expanded.
 
One of the effects of her expanding power was the discovery of her immortality. The most powerful among the New-type have enhanced metabolism that delayed greatly the aging process of their bodies. A recessive mutation in her DNA combined with her power has given her immortality for a price.
 
Alex was effectively `blocked' at the age of 16 years old. She could potentially travel to the end of time if she was not killed but…
 
She was sterile and she couldn't age. She was condemned to see all those she loved aged and finally died as she remained eternally young. Worse, her `frozen' metabolism as a teenager induced a perpetual stage of emotional maturity at this level. While she could learn and accumulate experiences, she was a teenager for all eternity and would always react as such.
 
She was a part of all conflicts, the `Ultimate Big or Little Sister' for most of the protagonists of the war. She was a figure of stability in a world gone mad. Her pleadings at various moments to humanity, the creation of powerful mobile suits to attempt to regulate the war, an alliance between all the MS girls to end once for all the destructive cycle, everything she done was in vain.
 
Finally, in the end, she broke down. For the first time, all of humanity knew fear regardless of factions as her mental scream of insane rage echoed in the solar system. Surrounded by a nimbus of New-Type energy, Alex summoned the most powerful mobile suit power-armour she could created and dived into the guts of the war-machine of all the factions. She destroyed everything that she could sense about the war: Industries, factories, labs, warehouses, stockpiles, data networks and especially the very heart of the conflict, the mobile suit power-armour.
 
It was then that her nature manifested even under her insanity. She was a heroine and a protector. She was not a destructor and she knew personally most of the MS girls. At the height of the battle against all the MS girls in earth orbit, her mind was shocked out from her berserker rage and her heart realized what she was doing. She seized the occasion showed to her by her precognition ability.
 
The New-Type ability of the human race was at that time mainly concentrated in the MS girls. The formidable inhibited power of Alexandra Kerenski reached for it from the very soul of her peers and gently took most of it in her own soul. Such a power was not mean for one individual and the MS girls assisted to the death and disappearance of their Sister, her last gift was the significant reduction of the New-type power for humanity. It was still present and would regain its levels in the future, but now, humanity had truly a chance, a moment of peace long enough to build a civilisation that could whistand the pressure of such a power… Perhaps…
 
But Alexandra Kerenski was not dead. The bulk of the energy absorbed couldn't be controlled by her but she could at least redirect most of it in one action. She wanted to ride her world of the power of the MS girl, the energy played on that heartfelt wish.
 
The immortal teenager broke through the barriers between the worlds and found herself alive on another Earth in another dimension, in the kingdom of Orb on Onogoro Island. And there, she tried to rebuild her life…tried…
 
1234567890987654321
 
Notes: Well, I'm rather satisfied with this prelude. This story is in the same category as my other story: `The Protoculture Senshi'. But, instead of magic, I have reintroduced something of the old Gundam series.
 
The entire Gundam Series before Gundam Seed can be built into a giant saga across millenniums. Just a few shows and specifics information in others prevented it. One can remember `Turn A Gundam' to see what I mean, especially the images hidden on the moon that are images taken from the firsts shows of the Gundam Saga.
 
I wanted to introduce the old Gundam in Gundam Seed but I was stumped on which shows. Frankly, none of the main characters of the past can be safely transported in the Gundam Seed universe. It was then that I remembered what was done outside the Saga. There were the SD-Gundam and the MS Girls. The last seemed perfect since there was no direct link with any shows except the mobile suit power-armour. It was perfect for a crossover with Gundam Seed.
 
Don't worry, the characteristics of Alexandra Kerenski will be developed and posted.
 
Read and review please.