Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ MS Seed Girls ❯ Phase-Shift Down, Power Up. ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

MS Seed Girls
 
Disclaimer: I own nothing except Alexandra Kerensky.
 
Da: yes.
Tovarisch: comrade.
Pradva: truth.
Priviet: hello.
Pajalousta: please.
Kak dila: how are you?
Atlitchna: excellent.
Paka : a bientôt.
Spassiba : thank you.
Izvinitié : excuse me.
Minia zavout: I am called…
Kak: How?
Sivodnia: today.
Bhoze moï: my God!
 
 
Chap 5: Phase-Shift Down, Power Up.
 
 
Rushing from the Laurasia-class Gamov, the three G-weapons flew on a direct course to the Archangel. They activated their Phase-Shift, revealing the black GAT X-207 Blitz, the dark green GAT X-103 Buster and the dark blue GAT X-102 Duel.
 
Aboard the Alliance warship, Dalila Lohala Chandra, manning the sensors, detected them. “Three heat sources approaching from rear! Distance 67! They're Mobile Suits!”
 
The Captain Murrue Ramius' eyes narrowed. “They're here.”
 
In the CIC, the Ensign Natarle Badgiruel started to ready the ship for the battle. “Prepare for Anti-Mobile Suit Combat! Load “Korinthos” into missile tubes 13 through 24! Activate the “Valiant” Linear Cannons! Input target data! Hurry!”
 
The mighty ship's weapon systems deployed smoothly and armed themselves. But on the consol of Chandra, the Target Analyser showed something bad for the defenders. “Machine type determined! Why, these are… X numbers, Duel, Buster and Blitz!”
 
Natarle snarled. “What?” All the bridge crew seemed stunned at the news.
 
Murrue reflected ironically on what happened. “So they're using all the G-weapons they took against us?”
 
1234567890987654321
 
Inside the GAT X-303 Aegis, Athrun Zala was still flying to the Archangel. His sensors didn't take long to pinpoint the Strike.
 
Aboard the Alliance Mobile Suit GAT X-105 Aile Strike, Kira Yamato detected an approach on his detectors. “One unit.” Immediately, the words of Lieutenant Mu La Flaga echoed I his mind. `“In any case, think only about protecting this ship and yourself.'” He narrowed his eyes. “That's easier said than done.”
 
The Aegis Target Analyzer identified the Strike. “Kira!”
 
The same analyze was being duplicated by the computer of the Strike. “That Mobile Suit. Athrun?”
 
1234567890987654321
 
Leader of this temporary squadron and eager to enter battle, the silver-haired and blue-eyed Yzak Joule, manning the Duel, gave his orders. “Athrun has already taken off from the Vesalius! Don't be delayed!”
 
Inside the Buster, the blond-haired Dearka Elsman smirked. “Humph! Not by that guy!”
 
The three machines separated to approach the Archangel. But the Alliance warship was far from being undefended. “Enemy Mobile Suits have spread out!”
 
Murrue smirked. If they had only the Strike as support, this would have been a difficult battle, but something as dangerous as a Mobile Suit was protecting their rear. “Commence interception! CIC! Cover the approach of the NT1 Alex!
 
Natarle smiled wickedly. The small silhouette of the Mobile Suit Power-Armour made it difficult to detect among the debris in this sector. She just had to direct the attention of the enemy on something else. “Laser designator ready?”
 
“Yes!”
 
“Missile tubes 13 through 18! Fire...! Load “Sledgehammers” into tubes 7 through 12. “Korinthos” missiles 19 through 24! Fire!”
 
A rain of missiles rushed to the three Gundams. Flying at low power within the cluster of debris, Alexandra Kerensky in her RX-78 NT1 “ALEX” Chobham Full Armour configuration took a large breathe, focused her will on the coming battle then kicked in her thrusters.
 
1234567890987654321
 
In the sector ahead of the Archangel, Athrun activated the Beam Saber integrated in the right arm of his Suit. Kira did the same and drew a Beam Saber from the Aile Backpack. The two machines crossed each other without attacking, their pilots held back by the same emotion.
 
Athrun switched on his short-range communicator. “Kira!”
 
The voice of his best friend erupted inside the cockpit of the young Orb Coordinator. “Athrun?”
 
The two Mobile Suits circled each other. “Stop it! Put your sword away! Kira! We're not enemies! Am I right? Why must we fight against each other?”
 
“Athrun.”
 
“Why must you, a Coordinator like us, fight against us?”
 
1234567890987654321
 
The Duel danced among the salvos of missiles and used his CIWS “Igelstellung” to destroy them. “Dearka and Nicol, go after the ship! I'll attack the Mobile Suit with Athrun!”
 
In his Blitz, green-haired and orange-eyed Nicol Amalfi signalled his accord. “Roger! Be careful! We still don't have seen their Exo-Frame!”
 
Using his 350 mm Gun-Launcher, Dearka destroyed another salvo of missiles. He wasn't satisfied with the order of Yzak. “What?”
 
“I don't want any complaints, Dearka! It'll be a huge catch! As for the Exo-Frame, I doubted that such a small thing was made to be used in space! Not enough autonomy and…!”
 
A pale pink beam cut off his transmission. Only pure blind luck and sheer reflexes saved Yzak from an instant death as he in-extremis interposed his Anti-Beam coated shield.
 
Alex exploded from the cover of the debris. The surprise was total. She manoeuvred around the three Suits before they could regain their wits and rained pale pink death on them.
 
“What the hell!” Yzak was dismayed. The close brush with death had shaken him and he began to fly defensively to regain his composure. The beams were bracketing him.
 
His two comrades weren't any better. Although their battle computers could now detect and analyze the Exo-Frame, they weren't prepared to its lethality, speed and agility. Dearka connected his two weapons in the Shot-Gun Rifle configuration and fired. The area of effect of the attack forced Alex to stop her offensive and took cover.
 
Nicol swore. “Damn! It managed to block us between it and the warship!” He was right: The three Gundams were now turning their backs to the Archangel.
 
Alex smirked as she perceived the doubts in the auras of the enemy pilots. She suddenly froze in a manoeuvre as the familiarity of the minds in front of her became visible. Her Mind Voice echoed on the battlefield and in the minds of Fllay Allster, Miriallia Haw and Natarle Badgiruel. Unknown to them, the eyes of the three newly revealed New-Types glowed slightly.
 
BHOZE MOÏ! YZAK! DEARKA! NICOL! IT'S YOU!?
 
The three Coordinators gasped as the voice erupted in their mind. Not only because they could hear it but also because it was the voice of someone of their mutual past with Athrun. A dear friend encountered in the PLANTs and a Coordinator like them. The same incredulous answer sounded in the ether and on the radio-waves.
 
“ALEX!?”
 
1234567890987654321
 
In another sector, Kira perceived the echo of the telepathic transmission because of his closeness with the Russian girl. He whirled around and his eyes widened to the explosions around the Alliance warship. “Alex! The Archangel's…!”
 
The Aegis manoeuvred to bar his way. “Stop it, Kira!”
 
“Athrun!”
 
“What are you doing with the Earth Forces? Why are you siding with the Naturals?”
 
Kira opened his thrusters to the maximum and try to lose the Aegis. “I'm not a member of the Earth Forces!”
 
Athrun blinked to this info.
 
“There are people I know on that ship! My friends are on it! So why are you with ZAFT? Why are you taking part in the war?”
 
Athrun's eyes widened as he absorbed the quasi-physical hit of the accusation of his friend.
 
“You used to say that you hated wars! So why did you assault Heliopolis?”
 
As the two Suits continued their dance, Athrun, with a tight voice, tried to explain himself to Kira. “Because the Naturals, who fail to understand the situation went and made these things!”
 
“But Heliopolis is neutral! So am I! And yet…!” Kira stopped himself, on the other side of the battlefield, the situation was changing.
 
1234567890987654321
 
Natarle had been petrified when she `heard' in her mind the voice of Alexandra. However, the emotions under the words were easily comprehensible. “Captain! We have a problem!”
 
Murrue turned to her second.
 
“Alexandra knows personally the three enemy pilots in the Duel, Buster and Blitz!”
 
A thunderbolt hit the bridge-crew. “What!?”
 
“She's right.” The incredulous voice of Miriallia sounded in the forced silence on the bridge. “I…I can feel it…feel her… She's…confused… She felt betrayed… Oh my God!” Miriallia's eyes widened. “Anger…! Her anger is swelling! There's so much power behind it!” She turned to Murrue and Natarle who blinked when they saw her green-eyes glowing with a very faint light in the darkness of the CIC. “She's going to attack!”
 
In space, Alex was trying to control a monster that she thought buried when she passed into this world. The Berserker Rage that seized her and boosted her power to almost limitless strength when she broke down during the Millennial War. She could feel its claws brushing against the barriers of her sub-consciousness. She opened her radio. “Why…!? Why are you all here…!? WHY ARE THE “THREE MUSKETEERS” FIGHTING IN THIS SENSELESS WAR!? WHY!?”
 
With a scream of anger, she reopened fire on the three Gundams. This time, the so-called “Three Musketeers” found that they could dodge this rain of beams more easily, the rage of the MS Girl making her sloppy.
 
Nicol thought about the situation: It was a nightmare. How their mutual friend, who nicknamed the four of them, the “Three Musketeers”, could be here, in an Alliance Exo-Frame and firing at them.
 
If they wanted to resolve this, they need an edge. Yzak was a weak point because of his hotheadedness. The one who had received the title of “Aramis” blinked. Athrun. Athrun was the best possibility to calm the situation.
 
“Yzak! Listen! Take the place of Athrun and neutralize the last G-weapon!”
 
The comment pulled the silver-haired youth of his shock. “Hey? Why should I do that?” The stubbornness of Yzak was the reason why he had been given the nickname of “D'Artagnan”.
 
Nicol sighed. “Because, you're the best to deal with the Mobile Suit and Athrun is the best to deal with Alex.”
 
“Right…! And find why she is betraying us!” Yzak manoeuvred to retire to the other sector and muttered to himself. “She must have been manipulated or something…! She hates War!”
 
Covered by his two comrades, Yzak Joule quickly gained the place where two machines continued their dance. He swore. “Why aren't you attacking, Athrun?”
 
Athrun jerked in surprise. “Yzak?”
 
Kira was catastrophed. Another enemy? “X-102 Duel! Then this, too?”
 
Yzak continued the plan advanced by Nicol. “Listen! Alexandra Kerensky is the pilot of the Exo-Frame! Okay? So go there and charmed her out of her trance or something because she's firing at us!”
 
Athrun sighed. Well, since the cat was out of the box. “I know, Yzak.”
 
“What!”
 
“The Commander and I discovered that just before the operation. There was no time to warn you!”
 
“Damn! All right, “Athos”! You go and reason our dear little “Princess” and I discuss with “Rochefort”! Now, move!”
 
Athrun blinked to the reference of the nickname bestowed by Alex in the past. And of course, since Yzak wanted to destroy the Strike, he called it with the name of the main protagonist of the “Three Musketeers”. He didn't have any choice in this situation: He blasted off in the direction of Alex.
 
Kira followed him. He didn't want to abandon his friend and regrouping seemed a good idea.
 
Yzak frowned then smirked. By regrouping the two threats, they could concentrate on them. After eliminating the Strike, capturing “the Princess” would be child play. In the past, he had been the first to tease her back with a nickname related to the novel of “Alexandre Dumas”. When she asked why she couldn't be “the Queen”, he had replied that a “Gascon” like him didn't like authority figures but that he could rescue her like the “proper maiden in danger” she was in the near future.
 
Meanwhile, the fight between Alex, the Blitz and the Buster had intensified. The teenager girl had regained her focus. Her anger was tightly leashed and funnelled in her New-Type power. Dearka and Nicol found themselves forced to fire in order to stay in the fight. The two Coordinators were amazed by the precision of the shots of the redheaded girl. She was targeting weapons, propulsion units, sensors and limbs. Only their mutual cooperation had neutralized a critical hit so far.
 
Alex was still emitting telepathically and using her radio to communicate with her two friends. “Kak!? How dare you do this!? How dare you!?”
 
Dearka was the most handicapped. His Suit was less agile and lacked a shield. “Hey! You're the one who betrayed us!”
 
The MS Girl momentarily paused in her shots. She spoke with a cold edge. “And how did you managed to attain such an atlitchna explanation?”
 
“You're a Coordinator!” Behind the words, Alex could felt that her friends didn't understand her. For them, this war was simply us against them.
 
She focused on Nicol Amalfi. Dearka or “Porthos” was a rock: A solid, steady friend, but using his mind wasn't his best. “Kettle, you are so black… Nicol! Pajalousta, would you be kind to remind Dearka of my nationality?”
 
Nicol blinked then his eyes widened. `Uh! Oh!' “You're an Orb Citizen…?”
 
“Spassiba! Now, would you inform us of the identity of the MILITARY ARMED FORCE that attacked Heliopolis, a NEUTRAL CIVILIAN colony, without an armed PROVOCATION on our part?”
 
The two pilots actually gulped. “Da! That's right! It was ZAFT! And I think that you are PART OF THIS ORGANISATION THAT PARTICIPATE INTO THE DESTRUCTION OF MY HOME!”
 
The MS green-eyed Girl resumed her shots. “But sivodnia, that's trivial to what me and my friend are trying to do.”
 
Dearka dodged the pale pink beam and the shield of the Blitz blocked the others. “What do you mean?”
 
“I have some defenceless friends in the very ship you have been ordered to sink!” This comment was received on the radio of all the “Musketeers”. The meaning behind the words iced the blood of the ZAFT pilots. Their mutual friend hates war, but she was fiercely protective of her friends, especially when they couldn't defend themselves. And they had specific orders to sink that ship.
 
Inside the Archangel, a young redheaded and blue-eyed girl was entranced by what was she was sensing. She had been badly shaken when Miriallia had said that she had the same “gifts” as Alex and her. She had always thought that she was a normal person. Was she a freak now?
 
Since the moment she `heard' the bewildered `voice' of Alex, she was seeing… the conflict. She was seeing the deadly struggle of the two teenagers. She had sensed the dismay of the Russian girl as she faced her childhood friends. She thought she even sensed the fear of Kira as he tried to find the rhythm of the battle.
 
Now, she was sensing the grimly determination of Alexandra to protect those she…loved?! Even if she must…kill her friends? “What is this? How can I sense all these?”
 
Yzak was frustrated. The comments of Alexandra had angered him and now he couldn't connect a single shot with the elusive Strike. “That rascal! Does he only know how to run away?”
 
Kira tightened his jaws as he came to the same decision as the MS Girl. To protect his friends, he had to use his weapons. He grimly brought online his Targeting Scope and opened fire on the Duel with his Beam Rifle.
 
The Buster, the Blitz and the NT1 Alex pursued their battle. Their hearts weren't in it but each of them knew his or her duty. Using the arrival of Athrun, Dearka drew a bead on the Archangel and launched half his payload of his 220 mm Missile pods.
 
The calm response of Alex surprised them. She opened fire with her head-Vulcans and forearm-Gatling Guns and with the active defence of the “Igestellungs” of the Archangel, destroyed all the missiles.
 
“Damn! They're well-armed! I can't get through to it!”
 
Nicol seized the occasion brought by Athrun. “I'll go at it from below! Cover me! Athrun, block Alex!”
 
Dearka manoeuvred to assist the Blitz. “Right!”
 
Athrun brandished his Beam Saber and faced Alex who drew also a Beam saber. To his stupefaction, not only could the human-scale saber block his own, but his machine could feel that her strength was the equal of the Mobile Suit. “How could they manage that?”
 
But Alex wasn't the only New-Type present in this battle. She focused on the Archangel. Natarle! Enemy Suits are coming to attack you from below! Deal with it, tovarisch!
 
Natarle blinked then smirked. In the domain of communication, especially in a jammed environment, telepathy beat all. She was ready when Chandra warned her.
 
“Enemy Mobile Suits, moving below us!”
 
She sprung her trap. “Lower section “Igelstellungs”! Pilot! Left roll 30 degrees! Twenty to port! We'll use the “Gottfrieds”!”
 
Arnold quickly followed the order. “Left roll 30 degrees! Port 20!”
 
Inside the passenger compartment, Fllay seized a support and braced herself for the hard manoeuvre. `I sense it! I sense it before it happens!'
 
The Archangel whirled graciously and unleashed the green death of his “Gottfrieds”. Dearka and Nicol were forced to abort their ventral attack.
 
On the Vesalius, tension ran high.
 
“Enemy vessel approaching, distance 740.”
 
“Message from the Gamov: “Our ship has also confirmed total enemy battle force, one Mobile Suit, one Exo-Frame.”
 
The commander Rau Le Creuset smiled. “So that Mobile Armour is still not ready for sortie, I see.”
 
The captain Fredrick Ades turned to him. “I believe we can make that assumption.”
 
It was the turn to Kira now to feel frustration and fear as each of his shots were dodged by the Duel. “Damn it! Damn it!”
 
Unfortunately, he was not surveying his power indicator and each wasted shots drained a little of his remaining main battery. “Damn it!”
 
Yzak smirked. This pilot was a beginner, especially compared to the precision of the shots of Alex. He drew the Beam Saber of the Duel. “Not with the way you're fighting!”
 
Kira parried the slash with his shield and continued his attempts to nail the elusive Suit.
 
Athrun was impotent. He was forced to thwart the actions of his best female friend while he was watching his best male friend locked into a mortal duel with another friend. “Alex! Please! We don't have to fight each other!”
 
The Armoured girl smiled sadly. “Can you guarantee the safety of my friends, Athrun?”
 
The green-eyed Coordinator couldn't answer to that.
 
“Da. I didn't think so, too.” She suddenly activated her head-Vulcans. The 6 mm projectiles couldn't hurt the Mobile Suit, but Alex had targeted the main sensors. Athrun gasped as the burst of fire obscured his screens.
 
It was then that Alex demonstrated that she was wearing something more than a glorified Exo-Frame: She kicked the Aegis in the torso. The Phase-Shift absorbed the damage, but like with Kira at Heliopolis, couldn't neutralize the kinetic energy and Athrun found himself pushed away.
 
Stealthily, the Mobile Armour Moebius Zero piloted by the Lieutenant Mu La Flaga was approaching the Vesalius. “Not yet.”
 
The ZAFT sensor operator turned to Ades. “Enemy vessel approaching, distance 630! It will shortly enter our ship's firing range!”
 
Rau nodded. “We will begin our attack.”
 
Ades blinked. “But the Mobile Suits are out there fighting. Firing the main cannon now…!”
 
Rau shrugged. “None of our guys would be clumsy enough to be hit by friendly fire. But our counterparts will be firing at us.”
 
Ades frowned but gave the orders. “Prepare to fire main cannon. Target enemy vessel!”
 
The military crew responded with a well-oiled precision.
 
“Prepare to fire main cannon!”
 
“Target enemy vessel!”
 
The Duel's pilot screamed another battle-cry. Kira continued to fire, but the best he had accomplished so far was one shot on the shield.
 
Still in battle with the Archangel and Alex, Dearka saw the two other machines flew in his weapon range. “Yzak!”
 
The Buster fired its 94 mm High-Energy Beam Rifle on the Strike. Kira cringed as the lethal rays of energy bracketed him then gasped in awe.
 
Having lead Athrun in a high-speed game of tag, Alex crossed the vectors of the attacks and intercepted them with her shield. Athrun groaned in frustration as he was forced to cut its course in order to not be hit by the own shots of his comrades. Dearka and Yzak swore. Alex and the Alliance Mobile Suit pilot weren't trained to fight as a team, but the raw ability of the pilot was matched by the skill of the Russian girl…
 
Nicol screamed in dismay as he recognized the corkscrew manoeuvre of the Exo-Frame as she dodged a burst of shots. “She's a pilot! She's an elite pilot like us!”
 
The rest of the “Three Musketeers” gasped as they suddenly realised why the way Alex manoeuvred was so familiar. They had seen it only with them and with Ace pilots. But where their friend had received such training and experience?
 
Mu smiled as his computer finally locked on the large echo of the Vesalius. “Got it!”
 
Chandra sounded the alarm. “Laser designator sensed from Nazca-class ahead of us! They're targeting this ship! They're locking on to us!”
 
Natarle cringed. “Captain!”
 
Murrue remained silent. Everything was in the hands of a blond Lieutenant.
 
Natarle thought furiously. “Prepare to fire “Lohengrin”!”
 
Murrue whirled to the Ensign. “Wait! The Lieutenant's Zero is approaching the enemy! Evasive action!”
 
“That's risky! Unless…” She stopped herself as another sudden intuition flashed in her mind. “Pilot! Maintain trajectory!”
 
“Yes, ma'am!”
 
Murrue blinked. She had distinctly seen the violet eyes of Natarle faintly glowed for an instant.
 
Chandra launched another alarm. “Laurasia-class approaching fast from stern!”
 
The fight between friends had degenerated into a Battle Royal. Dearka had enough. “Athrun! Yzak! What are you doing? Let's concentrate on the Suit! I'm going to buy us time!”
 
The Buster whirled to the NT1 Alex and fired his Gun-Launcher. He immediately followed with a salvo of his remaining missiles.
 
“Shit!” Alex threw her power into her thrusters as she initiated another corkscrew manoeuvre. Her head-Vulcans and right Gatling-gun fired at maximum rate, weaving a wall of projectiles. She could have easily deal with either of the attacks but the blend proved to be efficient. The Power-Armoured disappeared in a cloud of explosions.
 
Athrun screamed in anguish. “Dearka!”
 
“Oh! Shit! What I have done!”
 
A pale pink beam piercing the cloud of debris answered him as it lanced through his right missile bay. Damage alarms sounded in his cockpit. “Damn it! All hydro in right arm are dead!” `What power in such a small weapon!'
 
Alex emerged from the cloud. She smiled. Her Chobham Armour showed damage but her fighting potential was intact. “Priviet, guys! Were you worried for me?”
 
Nicol realized something. “Hey! She doesn't have Phase-Shift Armour! Athrun! Let's concentrate on the Strike! Once it's gone, we can wear her down!”
 
In your dreams, Nicol!
 
The Mind Voice paralyzed a brief instant the green-haired boy. `She can hear my thoughts! Oh! No!' “Everyone! Be careful, she can read our minds!”
 
The Buster's pilot swore. “Great, as if she wasn't dangerous enough!”
 
Yzak was confused. He didn't have time to listen to such things while he was dealing with the Strike. “What the hell are you talking about?!”
 
He was talking about that, “D'artagan”.
 
Blue eyes widened as the young Joule immediately understood what his comrade meant: Alex was capable to predict their actions as soon as they thought about it! He tightened his jaw. This did not mean she could stop them in time. But, still, how can she do such things?
 
Dearka tried to stall Alex as the rest of the Gundams began to surround the Strike.
 
And suddenly, Rau felt it!
 
The Moebius Zero pushed its engines to the max and rushed from the debris to the Vesalius. Screaming his determination, Mu La Flaga attacked the vessel of his nemesis.
 
Rau immediately reacted. “Boost engines to maximum! Lower bow, pitch angle 60!”
 
Ades turned to him. “Huh?”
 
A sensor operator detected the reason of the alarm of the blond commander. “Heat source approaching from below! It's a Mobile Armour!”
 
Ades swore. “What? Activate CIWS! Boost engines to maximum! Lower bow, pitch angle 60!”
 
Desperately, the cruiser manoeuvred to intercept the Alliance Mobile Armour. But, it was too late: Mu deployed all his Gun-Barrels and opened fire. To the dense curtain of fire, he brought the power of his Linear Gun. A projectile exploded in the engine room, shaking the whole ship.
 
Mu smiled. “Okay!” He launched a harpoon and used the enemy vessel as an anchor point for a Slingshot Manoeuvre to quickly rush back to the Archangel.
 
On the bridge, damage alarms sounded on all the panels. “Major damage to engines! We're losing thrust!”
 
“Enemy Mobile Armour has left!”
 
Ades punched his armrest. “Shoot it down!”
 
“Number 5 sodium wall damaged! It's on fire! Damage control! Sealing bulkheads!”
 
Rau raged internally. `Damn you, Mu.' “We're leaving! Ades, send a message to the Gamov!”
 
1234567890987654321
 
EYECATCH
 
The Strike appears in its “Launcher” configuration and proceeds to demonstrate its capabilities: The dual 75 mm Automatic Mutlti-Barrel CIWS “Igelstellung” destroy missiles. The twin Assault Knife “Armor Schneider” cut into through the torso of a Mobile Suit. The Combo Weapons Pod open fire and obliterate a half a dozen Suits with its 120 mm Anti-Ship Vulcan Cannon and the 350 mm Gun-Launcher. Finally, the 320 mm Hyper Impulse Cannon “Agni” pulverize a cruiser.
 
EYECATCH
 
Alex appears wearing a red Mobile Suit Power-Armour in the RX-77-2 GunCannon configuration and demonstrates what she can do: The twin head-mounted 6 mm Vulcan Guns blasts the weapon held by a Suit. The handheld Beam Rifle pierces through a Mobile Armour. The twin 24 mm Rapid-Fire Auto-Cannons on the shoulder pins down a group of Suits. And finally, the optional twin Heavy Rocket-Launchers on the shoulders rains death on a base.
 
1234567890987654321
 
In the CIC, Jackie Tonomura turned to Natarle Badgiruel. “Message from Lieutenant La Flaga! Mission succeeded ! He's on his way back !”
 
All the bridge sighed in relief. Natarle smiled as she heard the confirmation of her intuition.
 
Murrue proceed to build on this occasion. “We'll take this opportunity to attack the Nazca-class ahead of us!”
 
In her command chair in the CIC, the Ensign Badgiruel narrowed her eyes and focused on the Vesalius. “Prepare to fire “Lohengrin” number one and two together!”
 
Murrue Ramius didn't forget her defenders. “Send Lieutenant La Flaga a message to clear the area! Also tell the Strike and the NT1 Alex to stay away from the line of fire!”
 
Chandra surveyed the progression of the state of the “Lohengrins”. “Positron bank breath chamber at maximum. Muzzle choke potential has stabilized! Opening launchers!”
 
Despite the effort of Dearka, Alex managed to reach the Strike. The Coordinator and the New-Type proceeded to circle back to back and covered each other with Beam Rifle fire.
 
The tension was taking its toll on Kira who was panting against the sustained high-gee manoeuvres. Fortunately, the warm presence in his mind of the Russian girl was bolstering his concentration. A red light warned him of the Archangel's offensive and the two friends proceed to verify their position in regard to the fire-line.
 
Aboard the ZAFT Suits, the “Three Musketeers” received an Emergency Call from Bridge Control: `A. Vesalius was damaged by surprise attack. Withdraw all units immediately.'
 
Yzak's eyes widened. “The Vesalius has been hit?”
 
Nicol frowned as he didn't understand the order. “Why?”
 
Dearka was also incredulous. “They want us to retreat?”
 
Using the diversion, Alex and Kira kicked in their thrusters and broke through the encirclement to the dismay of Yzak Joule. “Oh, shit!”
 
The Archangel unleashed twin blasts of utter destruction. The Moebius Zero pilot could only sighed in relief that he was not on the trajectory of the attack. “Phew!”
 
On the bridge of the Vesalius, it was the consternation.
 
“Heat source approaching! Direction: zero zero zero. Three seconds to impact!”
 
Rau tightened his jaw. “Starboard, maximum thrust! Dodge it!”
 
The cruiser dodged a direct hit but all its port structure took heavy damage. An internal chain reaction was triggered and ZAFT crewmen died at their posts. Rau swore.
 
Chandra was watching closely the result of their attack on the ZAFT ship. “The Nazca-class is leaving our ship's route!”
 
Murrue acknowledged. “Signal the Strike and NT1 Alex to return! The Archangel will proceed to Artemis at maximum speed.”
 
Three flares, violet, green and white, were sent. Alexandra Kerensky nodded. “Time to say good-bye to our dance partners, kira.”
 
The young brown-haired boy acknowledged.
 
Yzak was incredulous. “A return signal?” His blue eyes narrowed on the Strike. “I'm not letting him! Not him! Alex, perhaps! But not him!”
 
The duel rushed and pressed on the Strike.
 
Athrun tried to salvage the situation. “Yzak! We've been ordered to retreat!” But scowled on the answer of the silver-haired youth.
 
“Shut up, you coward!”
 
Still able to use its High-Energy Beam Rifle, the Buster assisted the Duel. Alex swore at the dangerous situation and threw herself back into the melee, providing windows of opportunity to the Blitz and the Aegis.
 
Kira was on the verge of panicking. “Damn! No good!”
 
Stay calm, tovarisch! We're not dead yet. The NT1 Alex opened fire to cover her friend as she soothed mentally the scared teenager.
 
Miriallia didn't like what she saw on her consol neither what she felt through her budging New-Type power. “Kira! Alex!”
 
Jackie turned to Natarle. “They're surrounded. At this rate…!”
 
For Murrue, there was no way that they abandoned them. “Back them up!”
 
Natarle swore. Her instruments and intuitions were useless in this situation. “It's impossible in that melee.”
 
Chandra was dismayed. “Our distance from the Strike and NT1 Alex is increasing!”
 
At his post of co-pilot, Tolle Koenig sweated for his friends. “Kira…! Alex…!”
 
Natarle's intuition combined with her knowledge of the Strike's systems. “I'm worried about the power level remaining in the Strike.” She also `knew' that Alexandra would never abandon the violet-eyed boy.
 
Murrue nodded. “I know!” She still had a card to play and turned to Romero Pal. “Where's Lieutenant La Flaga?”
 
Aboard the Moebius Zero, Mu's eyes widened when he read the message from the Archangel. “He can't return? That fool! And, of course, the girl stays with him to protect him!”
 
Although still locked in mortal combat, Kira and Alex had managed to stave off their adversaries. Both had found the rhythm of the battle and the ZAFT Mobile Suits were thwarted in their tentative to capture Alex and/or destroy the Strike.
 
But suddenly, the rash use of his Beam Rifle proved to be an error to Kira as his weapon shut down. It was then that he really looked to his battery status. “Out of power?!” And of course, the impact to his defensive status was immediately apparent. “Damn! My armour!”
 
The Strike reverted to his neutral grey colour. Alex swore as her friend became suddenly just a big target. She forgot about this `little' detail! She never had really any problem with autonomy because of the nature of her power-source.
 
Yzak seized the occasion. “Gotcha!” The Duel rushed in, Beam Saber ready to strike.
 
Alex interposed herself with her Beam Saber and the two fighters struggled for supremacy.
 
Back off! “D'Artagnan”!
 
“Damn it! Out of my way, “Princess”!”
 
Athrun took his decision and switched the Aegis in its Mobile Armour configuration. Using his speed, the black-haired green-eyed pilot captured the defenceless Strike in the claws of his Suit.
 
In the CIC, Miriallia and Natarle gasped in horror. “Kira!”
 
Chandra swore as he read what his sensors said. “He's been captured! The Strike has been captured by Aegis! Phase-Shift down!”
 
Dearka was confused. “What do you think you're doing, Athrun?”
 
Athrun grimly replied. “I'm capturing this machine!”
 
Still locked in melee with Alex, Yzak didn't believe what he heard. “What?”
 
Dearka shook his head. “Our orders are to destroy it! You're ignoring orders!”
 
Athrun still remembered the original orders: Destroy it IF you couldn't capture it. “If we have the chance to capture it, all the better! We're retreating!”
 
Yzak broke the combat with Alex, firing to cover his retreat. “Athrun!”
 
The four Mobile Suits retreated with their capture. Yzak wasn't happy. “Damn! That bastard!”
 
THE HELL YOU WILL!
 
The Mind Voice made all the ZAFT pilots gasped. Focusing her New-Type energy on her thrusters, Alex flew in pursuit. The blue-white flame of her propulsion sparkled with emerald energy. To the horror of Athrun, his battle computer informed him that he didn't have the speed necessary to escape her.
 
Alex broke through the covering Buster, Duel and Blitz and pointed her Beam Rifle on the Aegis. Last chance, Zala!
 
Athrun looked in dismay as his threat consol signalled that he was locked on then blinked.
 
Seizing the opportunity, Nicol launched the Piercer Lock “Gleipnir” of his Offensive Shield System “Trikeros” from behind. The three-clawed pincer caught the Mobile Suit Power-Armour. “I've got her!”
 
Alex was effectively pinned. “Shit!”
 
Panic pierced through the voice of Chandra. “Laurasia-class has closed the distance to 280!”
 
Natarle was dismayed. The operation was first on a good path and now… Their defenders had been captured. “Captain!”
 
Miriallia was panicked. “Kira! Alex! Please respond!”
 
I have still a trump card, Mir. Don't worry.
 
Miriallia gasped as her first direct mental contact reached her.
 
Romero signalled to Murrue Ramius. “A message from Lieutenant La Flaga!”
 
On the screen, the message read: Stand-by for « Launcher-Striker ».
 
Jackie frowned as he read it. “Prepare catapult to send out Launcher Striker?”
 
Natarle blinked. “What?”
 
Miriallia turned to Natarle. “Ensign! Alex signalled that she has a solution!”
 
Natarle blinked again then exchanged a smirk with the honey-haired girl.
 
Mu rushed in at maximum speed. “I hope you get this in time, kid!” `And I hope you're as powerful as you said, girl!'
 
Inside the Strike, Kira communicated with his best friend from Copernicus. “Athrun! What's the big idea?”
 
“I'm taking you to the Gamov.”
 
“Get serious! I'm not going to any ZAFT ship!”
 
Athrun frowned as he continued. “You're a Coordinator! You're one of us!”
 
“No! I won't join ZAFT!”
 
“Cut it out, Kira!”
 
Kira's eyes widened at the anger colouring the words of his friend.
 
In a tight and grim voice, Athrun exposed his reasons. “Just let me take you. Otherwise, I'll have to shoot you!”
 
“Athrun…!”
 
“I already lost my mom in the Bloody Valentine. So I…!” The Aegis' sensors biped a threat to Athrun.
 
Entering the battlefield with the sun in its back, the Moebius Zero rushed in and opened fire with all its weapons.
 
Inside the Strike, the communication panel burst to life. “Kid!”
 
“Lieutenant La Flaga!”
 
In the rear, Dearka was occupied to survey Alex, still restrained in the “Gleipnir” and the right hand of the Blitz. “A Mobile Armour?”
 
Nicol feared for his friend. “Athrun!”
 
“Let me go!” The radio-communication from the Russian girl drew the attention of the rest of the “Three Musketeers”.
 
Nicol shook his head. “No can do! Please! Alex! Try to understand!”
 
Alex sighed. “You don't get it, do you?” She closed her eyes and softly continued. “I can understand you why you are all doing this.” She opened blazing eyes of liquid emerald. “But I can't accept it!” She smirked. Her Power-Armour had some surprises in reserve. “Chobham Armour! Ejection!”
 
The dark-grey heavy plates of Armour exploded. Nicol screamed in dismay as the “Gleipnir” was opened by the explosion. Alex drew her left Beam Saber and cut open the right hand of the Blitz. A direct kick in the torso threw Nicol on the trajectories of his comrades who were forced to dodge.
 
Completely intact, the Power-Armour RX-78 NT1 “ALEX” rushed to the help of her friend.
 
“Damn!” Athrun was in difficulty. The Phase-Shift protected him from the damage of the attack of the Moebius Zero but the impacts had forced open the claw, liberating the Strike.
 
Mu instructed the teenage boy. “Get away from there! The Archangel's sending out the Launcher!” Still in duel with the Aegis, Mu continued. “We've still got a big one behind us! Hurry and make changes to prepare for it!”
 
Kira looked an instant to the red Suit of his childhood friend then remembered his friends from Heliopolis. “I understand!”
 
Athrun swore as he saw his best friend taking the dreaded decision that would force him to spill blood. “Kira!”
 
Alex was locked in duel with the Blitz. Nicol wasn't the best, but his defensive fighting was effective in stopping the redheaded girl from helping his comrade.
 
Yzak winced as he saw the Strike rushing to its mother-ship. “He's getting away.”
 
Dearka was enraged as well. “That fool.”
 
The two Mobile Suits flew in pursuit of the Alliance machine.
 
Upon the impulsion of Natarle, the Archangel launched a massive salvo on the ZAFT Suits. “Don't let them get close to the Strike!”
 
Murrue was in communication with the main hangar. “Petty Officer Murdoch! Are you ready?”
 
The “Launcher” Striker was loaded in the right linear catapult. “Any time! But this is ludicrous! What if it gets shot down?”
 
“I know it's crazy, but it's a chance we must take!” Murrue turned to her second. “Ensign Badgiruel! I'm counting on you to get the timing right!”
 
This time, the violet eyes of the young woman glowed with power as she focused her attention on the operations. “Roger! Transfer the ship's controls to me! Laser designator, online. Match relative speed with the Strike and forward the catapult's shoot-out-time control to Launcher Striker's computer!”
 
Mu was having some difficulty against the Aegis. After all, none of his weapons could damage the machine. “Crap! What good will it do if I get shot down?”
 
“Athrun!” Still in his duel with Alex, Nicol was unable to help his friend.
 
Dearka couldn't combine his weapons into a powerful configuration with a right arm malfunctioning. This was why the action of his silver-haired partner dismayed him. “Yzak!”
 
Ignoring the volume of fire of the Archangel, the Duel rushed to the Strike, its pilot determined to destroy it. “I won't allow it!”
 
Chandra detected the threat. “Duel approaching!”
 
The crew tensed as everything rested on the shoulders of one teenage boy.
 
The Strike finally manoeuvred in front of the ship. Jackie turned to Natarle. “The Strike has locked on to the route!”
 
Trusting in her training and intuition, Natarle narrowed her eyes. “Catapult release!”
 
The “Launcher” Striker equipment was ejected in space. Kira detected it on its sensors. “It's here!”
 
Engaging the sequence, the Alliance machine ejected its “Aile” Striker parts and aligned itself with the “Launcher” Striker parts.
 
Finding the proper angle, Yzak brought online his Targeting Scope and armed the 175 mm Grenade Launcher under his 57 mm High-Energy Beam Rifle.
 
As the parts approached the Strike, the Threat Warning biped in its cockpit. “It's locked on to me?”
 
The Duel opened fire.
 
Tolle screamed. “Kira!” The entire crew gasped in horror.
 
A powerful explosion illuminated space in front of the Archangel. The heart of Alex, Athrun and Mu stopped.
 
Yzak looked proudly on his accomplishment. “Did I get it?”
 
A lance of blue and red fire pierced the cloud of the explosion.
 
“What?” The near hit of the beam disintegrated the right arm of the Duel.
 
Fully energized, the “Launcher” Strike rushed to the attack. Kira screamed as he opened fire at the maximum rate of fire of the 320 mm Hyper Impulse Cannon “Agni”.
 
On her side, Alex launched an Alpha Strike and bracketed the ZAFT Suits in a lethal crossfire. The almost accidental adjunction of the Moebius Zero didn't improve the chances of the “Three Musketeers”.
 
Athrun “Athos” Zala shook his head. That was enough! “Retreat! Yzak! Dearka! We can't pursue them any further!”
 
Yzak “D'Artagnan” Joule turned to his comrade. “What?”
 
Nicol “Aramis” Amalfi coldly analyzed the situation. “Athrun's right. If we continue, this time we'll be the ones running outta power!” `If one of them doesn't nail us before.'
 
In impotent rage, Yzak punched the picture of the Strike on his screen. Helped by Dearka “Porthos” Elsman, he withdrew.
 
Alex ceased fire and let the ZAFT machines passed her position. She didn't have the heart to continue. A lone tear shone in the void of space, only proof of her regrets. The Mind Voice of the “Princess” echoed again in the spirits of the “Three Musketeers”.
 
Izvinitié, my friends… Paka!
 
Murrue sighed in relief as Chandra confirmed what she was seeing on her screen. “Enemy Mobile Suits withdrawing.”
 
1234567890987654321
 
In the pilot lounge, the four teenagers were still numb about what happened during the battle. It had been a series of shocks for all of them. Yzak's anger found a scapegoat: He violently pinned Athrun on the wall. “Bastard! Are you outta your mind? If only you hadn't acted out of line back there!”
 
Dearka was also angry with the black-haired boy. “That was quite the blunder, all because you ignored orders.”
 
Nicol whirled to them. “What are you doing? This is not the place! Stop it!”
 
Yzak turned to the green-haired pilot. “We went with four machines! Yet we fail to nail it! This is humiliating! And Alex…! Alex was…!”
 
Nicol sighed. “But taking it out on Athrun won't change anything, will it?”
 
Yzak snarled but he couldn't admit openly that Nicol was right. The words of their mutual friend, her actions had deeply wounded them.
 
Nicol turned to his partner. “Athrun. I also feel that this isn't like you. So…?”
 
Athrun still didn't face his friend and softly whispered. “The pilot of the Strike…is also… a childhood friend.”
 
Yzak and Dearka gasped. The silver-haired boy tightened his jaw then punched the wall on the side of Athrun's head. He couldn't face something like this now as he couldn't face his own problem with what was for him a betrayal from the Russian girl. The two pilots exited the lounge to think about it alone.
 
Nicol had paled when he heard the green-eyed boy. “Athrun…?”
 
Athrun was still looking on the floor. “Can you please just leave me alone for now, Nicol?” He exited the lounge and punched a wall in frustration and anguish. “Kira. Alex.”
 
1234567890987654321
 
Inside the main hangar of the Archangel, Alex took a deep breath as she retired her helmet. `It's been so long since I fight in a space battle…' The New-Type was feeling sore. Her body had forgotten the constant strain of high-speed manoeuvres and her power was still in phase of regeneration. She smiled to the blond Mobile Armour pilot and high-fived him for a job well done. Voices from the maintenance booth of the Strike drew their attention.
 
“Hey! Come on, kid!”
 
They exchanged a look and floated to the gantry.
 
Mu turned to Murdoch. “What's wrong?”
 
“Well, the kid refuses to come out.”
 
“Oh?”
 
Frowning, Alex focused her empathy on the young Coordinator and whispered. “Of course, he refused to come out.”
 
Mu blinked to the green-eyed girl and reached for the controls of the hatch. “Hey, what are you doing in there? Come out!”
 
As soon as the hatch opened, Alec winced as her sight confirmed what she sensed. She turned to Mu. “Speak to him. It will be better if it's someone else who speaks to him about…it.”
 
The pilot blinked and entered the cockpit. “Kira Yamato!” His eyes widened as he contemplated the panting youth with his hands still clutched around the controls. Of course, he should have known. And the young miss was right, it would be better if it was him who spoke first to him.
 
He gently reached the teenager. “It's over. Come on, now! Hurry up and get outta there! Neither of us get killed.” He calmly disengaged the gloved hands. “And the ship's okay.” These words pulled Kira from his trance. “You did a great job.”
 
Kira looked at his hands still in the position they had on the controls. He then gazed up into the green eyes of Alexandra Kerensky. “Is…Is this…normal…?”
 
The redheaded New-Type nodded. It was one of those situations where her powers were useless and only what Kira could read of her heart and soul in her eyes would be able to help him. It had been his first true battle. The fight at Heliopolis didn't count because Kira had fought in a familiar environment. Only him could find the courage now to gather the pieces of his being and reconstructed it.
 
1234567890987654321
 
A redheaded blur rushed into the arms of Sai Argyle. “Sai, you jerk! You jerk! You jerk! You jerk!” Fllay Allster was pounding her boyfriend in the chest. “I was scared! I was really scared! The ship shook a lot, and I…!” She stopped herself. She was what? Could she really pretend that she didn't know what was going on? No. She couldn't lie to herself, not with this… sensibility. She hugged the bespectacled boy.
 
On the command bridge, Romero received a much waited transmission. “Message from Artemis. Request to enter port acknowledged. An inspecting officer is being sent.”
 
“Okay. Thank you.” Murrue sighed in relief. She then turned to Alex who was near her in her unforgettable inner-suit. Natarle was also looking critically to the young girl. “We have a problem with you, now.”
 
Alex smirked. “Perhaps not, Ensign.”
 
Murrue frowned. “It's serious, Alexandra. We can't reveal your power to the authorities for now. It's too dangerous.”
 
Natarle sighed. “That still feel like treason but now that I am… a New-Type, I can only agree.”
 
The Russian girl sighed. “Da, listen. I have already taken care of the data in your computers. If anyone access it, they will only uncover that my Power-Armour is a prototype based on an Exo-Frame.” She smiled. “I would have to thank ZAFT for the idea, later.” She turned to the two officers. “Now for me, you'll only have to tell the… partial pradva: You absolutely don't know how I can do it. You had only used my capabilities.”
 
Murrue frowned. “There's still the problem of your identity.”
 
“Da! For that, I'm going to use something that I used in the past.” She looked closely the two officers, especially their uniforms and suddenly her silhouette blurred.
 
The bridge crew gasped as a young mature woman in her early twenty replaced the teenager girl. She was still redheaded and blue-eyed and recognizable as Alexandra Kerensky but she was now clad in the white uniform of an Alliance Ensign.
 
The woman saluted the flabbergasted officers. “Minia zavout Ensign Alexandra Kerensky, sector 2, 5th special division, on a secret mission concerning the Exo-Frame project.” She smirked. “I'm afraid that no one here and on Artemis has the accreditation necessary to know about it.”
 
Natarle was starring. “How did you manage that?”
 
“It's something called `Psychic Glamour'.” She shrugged. “It's just an illusion. Now, excuse me, I have to warn those who know about me.”
 
On the vesalius, another transmission was received.
 
“To Commander Le Creuset. It's from the homeland.”
 
Without saying anything, Rau gave the message to Ades. “A summons to appear before the Supreme Council? You're kidding. After cornering them this far.”
 
Rau shrugged. “I'd imagine the collapse of Heliopolis has made things quite hectic at the council right now. Well, it can't be helped. We'll leave the Gamov here. The Gamov will continue pursuing it.”
 
“Right.”
 
“Have Athrun return! The Vesalius will return to the homeland as soon as the repairs are done!”
 
As a shuttle from Artemis approached the Archangel a tired Kira exited the pilots' locker in a blue uniform. He was intercepted by Mu La Flaga. “I forgot to tell you earlier.”
 
“Yes?”
 
He whispered confidently. “Put a lock on the Strike's activation program. Make sure that no one can move it but you!”
 
Kira blinked. “Huh?”
 
An Alliance commander and his aide entered the bridge of the Archangel. They are saluted by Murrue and Natarle. “Thank you, sir! We're grateful that you've granted our request to enter port.”
 
The Archangel manoeuvred to dock into Artemis. The defensive field opened for the warship.
 
In the rear observation bay, Fllay admired the sight with Sai. “Wow.”
 
Sai smiled. “It's called a Light Wave Defensive Belt also known as the Umbrella of Artemis. They say it's the ultimate defence weapon. It won't even let a laser beam through.”
 
“I'm so glad.” The blue-eyed girl gazed on the asteroid a moment then frowned. “But, We're safe only from the external threats now.”
 
Sai looked down his girlfriend. The way she said that was like when… Alex used her power to `know' about a situation. He turned to the approaching dock and suddenly, Artemis felt ominous instead of secure. He frowned. “Yeah…”
 
The Archangel docked in Artemis. Suddenly, zero-gee sleds surrounded the ship with armed soldiers.
 
Natarle frowned. She had `known' about it. There was danger for them in Artemis. “Captain!”
 
Tolle looked bewildered as what he had considered as allies pointed their weapons on them. “What's going on?”
 
Furious, Murrue Ramius whirled to the Artemis's officer. “Commander!”
 
The man conserved his calm. “I advise that you remain quiet, Captain.”
 
1234567890987654321
 
Preview:
 
The beautiful light that shines in space, the Umbrella of Artemis.
But jostling behind it are selfish expectations and ambitions.
Fighting numerous unwanted battles to get to where they are the youngsters once again learn of the reality of war.
Unstoppable is the hand of destiny that has started to move.
Where is it leading Kira? Why is it so eager to retain its grasp on Alex?
 
Next, on MS Seed Girls: “The Vanishing Gundam And New-Type Power At Work”.
Stand against the invisible future, Gundam!
 
1234567890987654321
 
Notes: Here is the result of the poll about the future girlfriend for Alex. So far:
Fllay: 3.
Miriallia: 0.
Murrue: 0.
Lacus: 0.
Natarle: 0.
Cagalli: 0.
Aïsha : 0.
Remember to vote.
 
Here is a little gift: The Strike in its “Aile” configuration.
 
Name: GAT X-105 “Aile” Strike.
 
Height: 17.72 metres. Weight: 85.1 tons.
 
Armaments:
75 mm Automatic Multi-Barrel CIWS “Igelstellung” X 2, head-mounted.
Assault Knife “Armor Schneider” X 2, handheld, hip-stocked.
57 mm High-Energy Beam Rifle, handheld.
Beam Saber X 2, handheld, backpack-stocked.
 
Thanks to Vampwriter and Infinite Freedom for their reviews.
 
Read, review, comment and send your ideas. Thank you and please.