Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ MS Seed Girls ❯ Two Songstresses On A Enemy Ship ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

MS Seed Girls
 
Disclaimer: I own nothing except Alexandra Kerensky.
 
Da: yes.
Niet: no.
Tovarisch: comrade.
Priviet: hello.
Spassiba: thank you.
 
 
Chap 8: Two Songstresses On An Enemy Ship.
 
 
Year 70 of the Cosmic Era.
 
Due to the Bloody Valentine tragedy, tensions between Earth and the PLANTs quickly developed into a full-fledged armed conflict.
 
No one doubted that the larger Earth Forces would be victorious but these early predictions proved to be wrong.
 
Almost eleven months passed since the war began, with no end in sight.
 
1234567890987654321
 
Emerging from her lifepod, Lacus Clyne and a pink flapping ball floated in the main hangar of the Archangel. The group of Murrue Ramius, Natarle Badgiruel, Kojiro Murdoch, Kira Yamato, Tolle Koenig, Miriallia Haw, Kuzzey Buskirk and 4 soldiers let her pass, completely bewildered.
 
They had known through Alexandra Kerensky that the person inside the pod was an old friend of her, but certainly not the beautiful pink-haired angel that blinked when she looked on them. “Huh?”
 
It was the turn to Lacus to be bewildered. She had `heard' the voice of her old girlfriend and thought that she was rescued by an Orb or PLANT ship. “Huh? Huh?”
 
The small pink ball revealed itself to be a sort of tiny robot. “Haro. Haro. Haro.” Still squeaking with a cheery voice, the robot flapped its controls discs to fly around its mistress. “Haro. Lacus.”
 
Alex's eyes widened as she recognized the form and the speech of the tiny robot. `Niet! It can't be!? HARO?!' The displaced teenager could only gaze as a smaller pink version of the robot created by Rei Amuro, MS Girl and nemesis of Charlotte Aznable, at the beginning of the Millennial War flapped before her.
 
Using a seemingly clumsy gesture, Lacus whirled on herself to better see the group of persons in front of her lifepod. Her small pet robot continued to analyze its environment. “Haro. Haro.”
 
Alexandra Kerensky shook her head to dissipate the impression to fall into Alice Rabbit's Hole and caught the young girl in her arms before she drifted away. Lacus beamed to the Russian girl. “Spassiba, Alex.”
 
Alex grinned to the blue-eyed teenager. “It was no problem. Long time no see, Lacus. Priviet!”
 
The two girls hugged each other and lightly kissed on the lips. The entire deck gasped to the spectacle. Alex and Lacus smirked internally: Their little private joke about their relationship was still very efficient. Although their mutual joy to meet each other again wasn't feint.
 
Kira was feeling funny. The almost unearthly beauty of the pink-haired girl had cut through him. Seeing her being kissed by his best friend was making him…funny.
 
Using their embrace as a cover, Alex manoeuvred to enable Lacus to see where she was. Lacus noted the Alliance Earth uniforms and the 4 armed soldiers. She turned in the arms of the redhead and looked around with a look of puzzlement. “Huh? Huh?”
 
She blinked with dismay. “Oh, my. This is not a ZAFT ship, is it?”
 
The entire deck minus Alex almost face-faulted at that remark. The tiny robot brought its own comment. “Is that so?”
 
Natarle palmed her face. Her intuition was telling her that although there was no danger, this young girl was another problem in potential. Her eyes widened. Correction, with Alexandra in the equation the potential problem became a confirmed problem. As if flirting with her or the Captain in front of the crew wasn't enough.
 
Murrue blinked and blinked again. “Pardon?”
 
Kira and his friends looked to each other and sighed.
 
1234567890987654321
 
In the PLANTs, a videophone rang in a bedroom within the military quarters of a ZAFT base. Under the shower, Athrun Zala sighed. It was always when one is under the shower or in the toilet that the phone rang. The dark blue-haired and green-eyed Coordinator exited the bathroom, grabbed a bathrobe and answered the videophone. “Athrun Zala here.”
 
A female ZAFT operator answered him. “ID number 285002. Athrun Zala of the Le Creuset team. There's a message for you from military headquarters.”
 
“Yes!”
 
“The Vesalius will be leaving 35 hours sooner than initially planned at 1800 hours tomorrow.” Athrun was perplexed. Why advancing the hour of departure?
 
The operator continued. “Everyone is to arrive one hour before departure to board. Repeat what was said to acknowledge receipt of message.”
 
Athrun answered. “Vesalius will be leaving tomorrow at 1800 hours. Everyone is to arrive and board one hour before departure. Athrun Zala, acknowledged.” He cut off the videophone and continued to dry his hair. He turned to his desk and sighed: He won't have the time to finish the uncompleted blue tiny robot that was still in pieces on his work-desk. He activated his computer to listen to his personalized Multimedia Operating System.
 
A journalist began to talk with a picture of a silver green-trimmed vessel in the background. “Miss Lacus Clyne, acting representative to this memorial was also on this ship. Every effort is being made to confirm their safety.”
 
Athrun blinked when he heard the name of his fiancée. He rushed back to the screen to listen. “I repeat. Observation ship “Silverwind”, which was on its way to Junius Seven for preparations to send a group there for its first anniversary memorial service has been missing since last night.”
 
Dread seized the heart of the young boy. “Lacus?”
 
1234567890987654321
 
Aboard the Archangel, inside a cabin, the three officers were talking with their new passenger. “Thank you very much for picking up the pod.”
 
Lacus was seated. Alexandra had just brought her a glass of water. The civilian smiled before turning again to the military. “My name is Lacus Clyne.”
 
On her lap, the tiny robot jumped into the conversation. “Haro. Lacus. Haro.”
 
Lacus took it and present it. “This is my friend, Haro.”
 
The robotic pet flapped its discs. “Haro. Haro. You, too. Haro. Haro.”
 
Murrue sighed, Natarle was just looking and Mu shook his head. “Oh boy, oh boy.”
 
Alex gazed on the three officers of the warship. `Da, it's not a very good situation for Lacus, but it can be arranged.' Her eyes narrowed, cloaked New-Type power lurking behind. `I hope I read them right or a confrontation is going to erupt.'
 
Behind the door, Jackie Tonomura, Dalida Lolaha Chandra II, Kuzzey, Sai and Tolle were attempting to spy on the conversation. Tolle focused on the sounds. “What are they saying?”
 
Kuzzey whispered. “I can't hear! Shut up, Tolle.”
 
Sai scowled. “Will you guys be quiet?”
 
In the corridor, Kira shook his head. Did they really think they can eavesdrop on a conversation with two confirmed New-Types inside?
 
The door suddenly opened, revealing a scowling Natarle with glowing violet eyes. “You guys haven't finished loading yet!” The Ensign had been frightening before but with her power backing her, she was a terror: The group scrambled out of her sight with record speed. “Get back to work right now!”
 
Kira caught a glimpse of the pink-haired girl who waved at him. Behind her, Alex winked to the Coordinator. A little put upon, Kira walked away before Natarle caught him.
 
In the cabin, the blond Mobile Armour pilot blinked. “Clyne, is it? You have the same name as the current Supreme Council Chairman, Siegel Clyne.”
 
Alex giggled. “Well, Lieutenant. Allow me to make the presentations.” She smirked. “Captain, Lieutenant and Ensign. This is Lacus Clyne, only daughter of Supreme Council Chairman, Siegel Clyne. I met her during her singing tour in the Orb Union.” She just loved the way the three officers deflated, leaned back or palmed their faces. “Lacus, allow me to present you the Acting Captain of the Archangel, the Lieutenant Murrue Ramius, the Lieutenant Mu La Flaga alias the “Hawk of Endymion” and the second of the ship, Ensign Natarle Badgiruel.”
 
Lacus clapped her hands and beamed. “It's a real pleasure to meet you all.”
 
Murrue gaped to the duo. `Is those two real or what? First, the very three pilots who stole the G-weapons and now the daughter of the PLANTs' chairman. What next?' She tried to direct the conversation on another topic. “What's somebody like you doing all the way out here?”
 
“I was here for a preliminary examination prior to a memorial visit to Junius Seven. Then our ship came across another ship belonging to the Earth Forces.”
 
Murrue blinked. `Uh oh! I don't like where all this is going.' She looked to the Esper who was leaning on the back of the chair of Lacus. `I also don't like the posture of Alexandra.' Her first encounter with the New-type at Heliopolis flashed back in her mind. `If she decided to protect her friend, we're going to have a slaughter.'
 
Outside, the Strike was helping the scavenging teams to bring back the precious water. Even Fllay was helping by piloting a Mistral pod with the supervision of Sai.
 
Lacus continued her story. “They said they wanted to board for an official inspection, so I accepted. However, the purpose of our ship's visit seemed to upset members of the Earth Forces. This led to minor quarrels which soon ballooned into a major incident concerning the whole ship.”
 
Murrue and Mu narrowed her eyes.
 
“The next thing I knew people around me forced me into the pod so that I could escape.”
 
Murrue was mortified. `Damn!' “That's terrible.”
 
Mu wasn't feeling better. He feared he already knew the answer to his next question. “And what happened to your ship?”
 
This time, Lacus manifested her anxiety. Alex silently put her hand on her shoulder for support. “I don't know. I just hope the people from Earth Forces have calmed down since.”
 
Natarle gazed into the green eyes of the Russian girl behind the Coordinator. Alex shook her head. Sorry, Natarle. Kira and I found her ship: There were no survivors. We didn't find any trace of the Earth Forces ship out there.
 
Natarle narrowed her eyes. That was what I fear.
 
1234567890987654321
 
Back to the PLANTs, the fourth rigging dock had finished with the repairs of the Nazca-class vessel.
 
“The Vesalius will be taking off as scheduled. Crew members are to board promptly from Gate 12.”
 
Athrun Zala saluted the sentinels as he floated to the entry gate. Near the hatch, Rau Le Creuset was discussing with his father. He blinked. He saluted with the intention to not linger. After praying to his grave's mother, he didn't want to really think about his father.
 
But the council member stopped him. “Athrun! I assume you've heard about Miss Lacus.”
 
“Yes. However, Commander you're not suggesting a search with the Vesalius.”
 
Rau smirked. “Come on. You're a cold man. Naturally, we're heading out to search for her. We even have the Ashrad Team's Nazca-class ready.”
 
“But we don't know that something has actually happened to the ship. And it is a civilian ship.”
 
Patrick intervened. “Although not publicized a reconnaissance GINN from the Yun Law Team hasn't returned from a search.”
 
Athrun gasped.
 
Rau turned to his elite pilot. “Junius Seven has been pulled by Earth's gravity and is now within the debris belt. Not an ideal location. Besides, the Gamov lost the legged ship at Artemis.”
 
Athrun was dismayed, the dreaded feeling from before seized him again. “Are you saying…?!”
 
Patrick continued, as cold as before. “All the PLANTs are aware that you and Miss Lacus are destined to be together. So the Le Creuset team, which you're part of, can't exactly sit back and do nothing.”
 
“Then…” Athrun looked to the white commander. It was not his way to do such a thing.
 
Patrick finished. “She's an idol. We're counting on you, Le Creuset, Athrun.”
 
The two soldiers saluted as Patrick Zala walked away. “Yes, sir!”
 
Once his father was out of hearing range, Athrun expressed his doubts on the whole mission. “So I'm to save her and come back playing the part of a hero.”
 
“Or come back with her dead body and cry like crazy.”
 
Athrun whirled to his Commanding Officer.
 
Rau lightly continued. “Whichever it is Committee Chairman Zala believes you're the one who must go.”
 
Athrun narrowed his eyes in anger.
 
1234567890987654321
 
The Archangel fired its engines and departed from the site of Junius Seven. Murrue gazed in silent sorrow to the remains of the sin of her Army. Thorough the ship, many persons had the same look.
 
Murrue blinked as the voice of Mu sounded behind her. “Give me a break.” The blue-eyed Lieutenant floated to the right of the command chair. “We solved the supply problem. Now a pink-haired princess?” He saluted the orange-eyed woman. “There's no limit to the problems we face, Ms. Captain.”
 
Murrue snorted. “I guess we have no choice but to take that girl with us to lunar headquarters.”
 
Mu shrugged as Natarle approached the two. “We don't have any more stops planned on the way, right?”
 
The brown-haired Lieutenant looked down the floor. “But if we took her to military headquarters, she'd… Even though she's a civilian…”
 
Mu sighed. “They'd greet her with open arms. She's Clyne's daughter, after all.” The whole bridge was listening quietly to this very interesting conversation. “There are many ways she'd come in handy.”
 
Murrue narrowed her eyes. “I hope she doesn't have to go through any of that, if possible.
Not a young civilian girl like her.”
 
That was the cue for the Ensign. `It's time for me to play Devil's advocate.' “If you're bringing that up, then what about them?” She floated to the left of the command chair. “These guys, who have navigated this ship and fought with us in battle, are young civilians.”
 
In the co-pilot post, Tolle blinked and exchanged a look with Arnold Neuman. In the CIC, Sai and Jackie listened attentively.
 
Murrue was aghast. “Ensign Badgiruel, that's…”
 
Natarle continued. It was her duty as the second to show all the consequences of any actions to her captain. “Though you couldn't help it, you involved Kira Yamato, Alexandra Kerensky and the others in this war.”
 
Mu wasn't happy but he could see what the Ensign pointed.
 
Natarle Badgiruel finished her argument. “But if I hear you correctly, you're now saying you don't want to involve that girl. That's girl is Clyne's daughter. That fact alone means she is not an ordinary civilian.”
 
Murrue didn't answer. Natarle was right. She faced a real troubling dilemma here.
 
“Well, it's too bad, then.”
 
Natarle jumped in fright and floated to the ceiling. Alexandra Kerensky had just appeared right behind her and she didn't sense her before she spoke. The Esper giggled. “Sorry, Ensign. It wasn't in my intention to startle you like that.”
 
Murrue blinked. “Alexandra!”
 
The Russian girl gazed seriously upon the young woman. “I'm afraid I'm here to make some things official, Captain Ramius.”
 
The three officers looked closely to the redheaded teenager. Her whole body posture screamed mature and official business.
 
Murrue narrowed her eyes. “I am listening, Miss Kerensky.”
 
Alex nodded and floated to a terminal. She took out her ID data card from her inner-suit and downloaded it on the main screen. “As you already know, I am a citizen of Orb and before its destruction, an engineer student at Morgenroete.” She tapped a code, new data scrolled on the screen. Natarle's eyes widened, Mu and Murrue gasped. “I am also an Honorary Officer in their Armed Forces.”
 
Tolle and Sai simultaneously gaped. “What!?” They quickly focused back on their respective tasks under the reprobation of Natarle.
 
Badgiruel coughed and regained her countenance. “Hum… How did you earn such a distinction at such a young age?” `I don't believe it! And those codes are real!' She winced. `She's an Honorary Lieutenant in the ground forces of the Orb Union!? Since her childhood?!
 
Alex shrugged. “I helped the family of Representative Athha a few times before and after I went to Copernicus.” `Well, more exactly, I helped their “Tomboy Princess” out of a few rough spots during a few of her rebellious escapades.' She smiled internally at a few memories. `I swear “Daddy Uzumi” was divided between kissing me or strangling me when he heard about some. And, of course, her bodyguards still wonder how a “child” like me could have put those stunts.'
 
Murrue looked at the screen and narrowed her eyes on Alexandra. “What are your intentions, Lieutenant Kerensky?”
 
Mu smirked behind his hand. `Well, it seems Ms. Captain finds an angle out of her dilemma.' He gazed upon the green-eyed girl. `Is your mystery thickening or clarifying, Miss-Glowing-Eyes?'
 
Alex straightened. “Miss Lacus Clyne is now officially registered under my protection as a rescued civilian aboard your ship, Captain.” She pursued in the following silence. “As I considered myself still under your guard impeding your superiors' decision regarding the Strike's secret, I will continue to assist your ship and its crew to the best of my abilities.” She sighed and rolled up her eyes. “Of course, since the others civilian students under your custody are now under voluntary service in your forces, I can only ask that you register my wish that they will be treated fairly and that I will relay their situations to our government.”
 
1234567890987654321
 
In her cabin, Lacus was pondering on her situation and about what happened during her time in the lifepod. The familiar voice of her friend had sung for her countrymen.
 
Her pet robot sensed her darkened mood. “Haro. Feeling fine? Haro.”
 
Lacus blinked and looked down on her little friend who was bouncing on the floor. “You feeling fine?”
 
Lacus smiled and held her hand. “Haro.”
 
The pink ball bounced on her lap. “No problem. No problem.” Its red sensors blipped. “There's a problem.”
 
Lacus smiled sadly. “Let's pray, Haro. Let's pray that the soul of each person may rest in peace.” She considered someone else. “And let's pray that the heart of some people may heal.”
 
Kira walked in the corridor of the living section of the ship, lost in his thoughts. He remembered the actions of the reconnaissance GINN near the PLANT civilian ship. `That GINN. Could it have been…?'
 
He remembered the twin simultaneous blast of his Strike and Alex and the destruction of the Suit. He looked at his right hand which pressed the trigger and tightened it. “It can't be!”
 
“No way!” The voice of Fllay Allster sounded out of the cafeteria.
 
In the room, Miriallia blinked in puzzlement to the vehemence of the redhead. “Fllay!”
 
Kuzzey Buskirk looked at the scene as Fllay shook her head. “When I say no way, I mean no way!”
 
The honey-haired girl was confused from what she sensed. Fllay couldn't be afraid of that girl, could she? “Why not?”
 
Kira walked to the side of Kuzzey. “What's wrong?”
 
The black-haired and brown-eyed boy sighed. “It's about that girl's meal. Milly asked Fllay to take it to her, but Fllay refuses. That's all they're quarrelling about.”
 
Fllay exposed her arguments. “I'm not going to! I'm afraid to go near a Coordinator.”
 
Kira narrowed his eyes. Miriallia sensed it and try to redirect the argument. “Fllay!”
 
Fllay sighed and massed her temples. “Don't make me said what I didn't say. Of course I know that Kira is also a Coordinator, but I don't fear him. But that girl's with ZAFT, right?”
 
Kira wasn't feeling very good even if Fllay made that distinction. What truly separated him from his friend Athrun Zala.
 
Fllay took a breath and continued. “Listen, Coordinators are not only smart, they're superior in others areas, too, like reflexes! What happens if she has hostile intentions? Right?” She turned to Kira, searching his approval about her prudence.
 
Kira was surprised. “Hu…?” He exchanged a look with Kuzzey. How can he respond to that?
 
Miriallia palmed her face. “Fllay!”
 
Kuzzey shook his head. This girl had thrown away two armed soldiers with just a gesture and she was afraid of a girl with the same age as her. “But I can't imagine that girl would suddenly pounce on you.”
 
It was the turn of Fllay to palm her face. “That's not what I'm talking about!” She sighed. “Of course, she's not going to pounce at me.” She smiled crossly. “Especially with that damn sixth sense. But, we don't know that for sure! You can't determine the abilities of a Coordinator by just looking at them! What if she's really strong, for example? Right?”
 
Once again, Kira remained silent. He wasn't sure how to properly respond because Fllay was right on a point. His strength and reflexes were vastly superior to a normal person his age.
 
A feminine voice sounded behind the group. “My, who's this really strong person you're talking about?”
 
Near the entry, Alexandra Kerensky was looking at them, neutrally. On her right was a smiling Lacus Clyne and a pink robot flapped on the ground between them. “Haro. I'm fine. So are you.”
 
The group gasped in dismay. Kira's eyes widened. `Oh, shit! They heard! Alex is going to kill us!'
 
1234567890987654321
 
EYECATCH
 
The Buster Gundam appears and demonstrates its armament: The twin 220 mm Missile Pods launched their payloads on a group of Moebius Mobile Armours. The 350 mm Gun-Launcher takes out a group of armoured vehicles. The 94 mm High-Energy Beam Rifle lances through a Mobile Suit. The buster joined its two primary weapons into the Hyper Impulse Long-Range Sniper Rifle and fire at a distant Suit. Finally, it joins its two primary weapons into the Anti-Armour Shotgun and blasts away a fortified position.
 
EYECATCH
 
Lacus Clyne whirls on herself, beaming. Athrun Zala sitting on the grass is blowing soap bubbles. Half a dozen of differently coloured Haros are flapping around the couple.
 
1234567890987654321
 
Lacus blinked. “My, if I caused some sort of commotion, I apologize. I'm thirsty. And please don't laugh when I say this. I'm quite hungry as well. So I asked Alex to show me the dining room.”
 
Haro bounced as he followed its mistress along the room. “Thank you. Thank you.”
 
The pink-haired girl walked in front of the group of bewildered teenagers. “I'd be very grateful if we could have a bite of something.”
 
Kira's eyes were still widened. “But wait a minute!”
 
The pink robot bounced near the feet of the still stony Russian girl. “Haro. Alex. Haro.”
 
Kuzzey pointed his finger. “Didn't they bother to lock her room?”
 
It was then that they heard a snort coming from the Esper. Alex's head was lowered and her shoulders were shaking. After a moment of puzzlement, the entire group understood that the green-eyed teenager was trying to contain…her laugh.
 
Alex exploded in laughter. She caught herself on a chair as her legs betrayed her. “BWAHAHAHAHA! Your… Your FACES!! BWAHAHAHA!”
 
The displaced girl was trying to regain her countenance as she hit repeatedly the table. “You… You should have seen your faces! AHAHAHAHAHAH! It was as if…if I had entered with a full gear, screaming for your blood…AHAHAHAHAHAH!” Alex dissolved in helpless laughter.
 
The group of four friends blinked, looked to each other and frowned on the hysteric girl. “IT'S NOT FUNNY!”
 
“Sorry! Sorry! I promise I'll be good” Alex waved to her friends, but fell back in laughter when she saw their frowning faces. “Oh! Spassiba, guys! I needed that laugh!” Alex managed to stop after a moment although her grin showed that her laugh was still very near.
 
Lacus approached the redheaded girl. “Alex, you're crying.” She softly traced the wet paths on the face of the green-eyed New-Type.
 
Alexandra smiled sadly. “Da. I know. I'm still under the backlash from Junius Seven.”
 
The two words brought the tension down quickly as the darkness of the past filtered in the room.
 
Lacus took the hand of the Russian teenager. “I didn't thank you for the gift you offered to my countrymen.” She bowed. “Thank you from the bottom of my heart.”
 
Alex regained her countenance. “It was my duty and an honour. And I didn't do it alone.” She took a cleansing breath and smiled to her friends. “They all helped, without them…” She shook her head. “All right, I am also rather hungry, now.” The two girls took the trays on the counter that Miriallia had prepared earlier and sat down at the dining table.
 
Kuzzey and Kira turned to the two other girls in the room and blinked. Fllay and Miriallia were staring at Lacus with utter wonderment visible in their eyes. Kira approached them. “Hum… Girls? Is there a problem?”
 
Fllay shook her head. “How can this be…?”
 
Miriallia was still staring. “I don't know.”
 
The two girls pointed their fingers and spoke simultaneously. “She's a New-Type!”
 
The two boys did a double-take. “HEEEE!”
 
Alex sighed. “So, you two can see Auras.” She nodded to herself. “Sit down, my friends. And I'll share another tale about my recent past.”
 
Very curious now, the group gathered around the two girls. Even Fllay had forgotten her previous unease about the female Coordinator.
 
Alex composed herself. “First, Tovarisch Kuzzey? Lacus has no need to be under guard, because she isn't a member of ZAFT and she is onboard under my personal protection, just like you all.”
 
Fllay blinked, her suspicions returning in force. “What do you mean?”
 
Lacus smiled. “I'm a civilian. I am not a member of the military, that is to say, the Zodiac Alliance of Freedom Treaty or ZAFT.”
 
Alex shrugged and presented her ID data chip. “I am an Honorary Officer in the Army of the Orb Union.” She smiled at the bewildered gaze of her friends. “It's a long story for another day. Now, about Lacus. If you want a comparison, it would be as if I say that all Naturals are members of the Earth Alliance Forces because all its members are Naturals.” She smiled. “Right now, Lacus is as restricted inside the ship as the other civilian passengers.”
 
Fllay frowned. She was a passenger. “Like me, you mean.”
 
Alex shook her head. “Niet. Due to your New-Type power, the crew considered you like they considered the rest of the volunteers and me.” She smirked. “Why do you think they admitted you in the briefing about Junius Seven and they allowed you to help the scavenging teams.”
 
Fllay's eyes widened. “Oh!” She didn't think about this until now, but it was true that since the fleeing from Artemis, the crew was more…opened to her in comparison to the civilians aboard. `And all of this, because of that power? I thought it was because of my father.' She felt happy because it was the first time that people appreciated her because of her own value and not the value of her family. She refocused on the discussion. “So… Coordinators can be New-Type also.”
 
Alex sighed then shrugged. “I don't know. Lacus is a bad example for that.”
 
Kuzzey blinked. “What do you mean?”
 
Alex lowered her head, eyes narrowing. “I have never been at ease with designing second-generation Coordinators as the same as first-generation Coordinator.”
 
Kira's eyes narrowed. Miriallia raised an eyebrow. “I thought it was the same.”
 
Lacus smiled. “A common error. By definition, a Coordinator is someone who has his genes manipulated during the gestation. Since the Torino Protocols, genetic manipulation is strictly regimented. Most of the Coordinators since C.E. 55 are conceived and borne naturally.” She shook her head. “Science shouldn't try to replace Nature. Help, yes, but not take its proper place.”
 
Kuzzey, Miriallia and Fllay blinked. The redheaded blue-eyed girl softly remarked. “That's almost a Blue Cosmos phrase.”
 
The gaze of the songstress darkened. “Blue Cosmos' actions never follow its philosophy. They say they fight for the preservation of a pure blue Earth but they don't preserve anything, they only destroy so far.”
 
Alex snorted. “They are doing the same thing as all xenophobic groups before them. Using a nice pretext and some grandiose pretty words to mask their true motive: Fear. Fear of the other.” The fists of the Esper tightened as a small emerald aura manifested. “Death to all that are not like us!”
 
“Alex!” The small hand of the pink-haired Coordinator covered the glowing fist.
 
Alex took a deep breath and her aura rescinded. “Sorry…”
 
Miriallia took over the discussion to safer subjects. “All right. So, how did you meet Alex, Lacus?”
 
Lacus giggled as Alex groaned. “I fell on her.”
 
“HUH!”
 
Alex hid her face with her hands. “It was during a vacation on Onogoro. Lacus was doing a singing tour to promote peace with our neutral country. She was trying to escape from her escort to see a little of the town on her own.”
 
Lacus clapped her hands. “Yes. So, here I was, opening a window and jumping in the backstreet. But I didn't really appreciate the height and I was so focused on not making any noise that…”
 
“…She fell right on me.”
 
The group chuckled at the anecdote. Alex and Lacus explained how the two of them hit right away and how Lacus used her own authority to have the Russian girl as a personal guide during her tour. They smirked as they explained the private joke about the ambiguity of their relation, taking great pleasure to scandalize the escort and threw all around them in a knot when they tried to cover for it.
 
Kira felt inexplicably relieved when he heard that. He thought that the pink-haired angel was truly an old conquest of his best friend.
 
Alex's eyes narrowed. “It was a week before the end of the tour that she…manifested for the first time.” The New-Type sighed. “Until that moment, I was almost sure that the New-Type potential was only dormant in the Humanity. After that…”
 
“She was very supportive. She felt very guilty because she catalyzed my awakening…”
 
“I was guilty! Without me…”
 
A finger on the lips halted her apologies. “You said it to me. “Never apologize for what you are.” I am most grateful that you trained me.”
 
Alex nodded. “Lacus is the first person I met having a previously highly developed gift. After being sure that she could live without being hampered by it, I sealed her with her permission.”
 
Kira blinked. “Why? I mean you must have feel relieved to find another New-Type, so why?”
 
Lacus smiled sadly. “Because, we both knew that others would only see the military potential of that gift.”
 
Alex lowered her head. “After Lacus, I truly hoped that she was the exception to the Rule, that's she would remain the only New-Type active in this universe.” She sighed. “I wanted what I want for all of you: A normal life. A life without the pressure of the war.”
 
A silence followed, interrupted by an energetic bouncing pink robot. “Hello. Hello. What? Whatever. Let's play. Let's play.”
 
The teenagers laughed, tension broken. Lacus smiled to the group from Orb. “Thank you, I hope I can see you all again.”
 
Haro continued its bouncing. “I won't accept that!” It followed Kira and Kuzzey as they gallantly took the empty trays to the waste chute. “Thank you. Thank you.”
 
Fllay was staring at Lacus. So much that Miriallia waved her hand in front of her, startling the young girl. “Fllay? Are you all right?”
 
Fllay blinked. “I still can't believe it. You… You're normal.” Her voice carried her disbelief. “I mean… I thought that this “gift” changed someone into something else.” Her eyes glowed with sapphire light. “But when I `see' you, I only `see' a…normal girl.” She shook her head. “I have been educated with a bias against Coordinators. They said that people who have their genes manipulated, even if they're not sick or anything are mistaken existence that opposes nature's providence.”
 
The words drove a knife in the heart of Kira. `Educated?'
 
Miriallia softly asked. “And now?”
 
Fllay sighed. “I thought that I wouldn't want any Coordinator acting friendly with me.” She massaged her temples. “I was stupid. I am stupid.” She looked to Kira, Alexandra, Miriallia and Lacus with her glowing eyes. “You are all…normal and genuine people. Even Alex! Although there are shadows in her mind that I don't want to see inside.” She looked at Kuzzey and remembered how he said a few phrases. “I thought I was a freak when I “manifested”. Now, I'm not so sure of the meaning of this word.”
 
Kuzzey gazed away, feeling guilty about a few personal thoughts of him. Miriallia was contemplating what was hidden beneath the words of Fllay Allster. She had been educated with a prejudice against the Coordinators and that was something that could be easily redirected against the New-Types. It was a dire warning when one remembered that the very father of Fllay was an Atlantic Federation minister.
 
Alex consulted her chronometer. “There are some things I have to do.” He turned to Kira. “Kira? Would you be kind and escort back my friend to her cabin?” She smirked. “Miss Lacus showed a propensity to lose herself in places she shouldn't.”
 
Lacus hid her smile behind her hand. “Oh my!”
 
Blushing, Kira nodded and escorted back the young girl. Lacus smiled to him as they arrived. “I hope I'll see you again for the meals.”
 
Kira smiled back. “Yes. You should.”
 
Haro commented. “Damn it.”
 
“That's good. Alex is going to share the cabin with me, but I'll be all alone here since she has her work. I'd really prefer to enjoy my meal over there while talking with everybody. Your friends are so gentle.”
 
Haro seemed to remind the time. “Good afternoon.”
 
Kira's smile slipped a bit as he remembered some of the conversation before. “This ship belongs to the Earth Forces. So there are many people who, well, don't think too highly about Coordinators. Or, simply, the two sides are enemies.” Would they meet only prejudiced people in the future? Only the developing power of Fllay had protected her from the biases of her education.
 
Haro was of the same advice. “Lacus.” It bounced on the head of its mistress.
 
Lacus Clyne sighed. “That's a shame.”
 
She caught the pink robot in her hands. “You, too.”
 
Kira could only nod as his mood darkened. Lacus beamed to the young boy. “But you're very kind. Thank you.”
 
Kira thought that he was alone with someone from the PLANTs. The words of Alex about what she found in Garcia's mind at Artemis weighted heavily on his mind. The discussion in the dining room didn't appease him. Perhaps this girl… “I'm… I'm also a Coordinator.”
 
Lacus continued to smile as Haro answered. “You, too.”
 
1234567890987654321
 
On the command bridge, Romero Pal frowned as a strange line of code intruded on his screen. He let go of his drink in the null-gravity of the ship and focused on it. “Captain!”
 
Murrue Ramius turned to the crewman. “Hum?”
 
In the living section, Tolle, having finished his shift, ran to his girlfriend. The honey-haired girl drew him back into the dining room to have a quiet discussion with Kuzzey and Fllay.
 
Murrue leaned on the back of the seat of Romero. “Are you sure?”
 
“There's no mistake about it! This is a code pulse from the Earth Forces' 8th Fleet.”
 
Natarle Badgiruel extracted herself from the CIC and floated to the communication consol. “Can you decode it?”
 
“I'm doing it!” Static sounded from the consol as Romero cornered and filtered the signal. “I'm analyzing it.”
 
Finally, in front of the sign “Unknowns Call Request”, the word “Montgomery” flashed. “This is…8th Fleet Advanced…Montgomery, Arch…angel, reply.”
 
Murrue beamed. “It's a force under Admiral Halberton's command!”
 
Natarle smiled as the entire deck exploded in relief.
 
Arnold Neuman turned to the two officers. “Are they looking for us?” He floated to the consol. “What's their position?”
 
Jackie Tonomura exited the CIC. “Is that Koopman's unit?”
 
Chandra followed his comrade. “Wait a minute.”
 
Arnold high-fived with Jackie and threw his arm around the shoulders of Chandra. “Great!”
 
Romero continued to analyze the signal. “I believe they're still a significant distance from us.”
 
Jackie was too happy to be bothered by that. “But if we could join them…”
 
Arnold nodded. “Yeah. Finally, something we can feel relieved about!”
 
Murrue smiled at the enthusiasm of her crew.
 
1234567890987654321
 
Kira exited the cabin of Lacus, still unhappy about his situation. He blinked as he crossed Alex who waved at him before entering the cabin. He blinked again as the Esper didn't seem to remark his internal conflict. The voice of Sai Argyle sounded to his ears. “Kira!”
 
The tall boy put a hand on the shoulder of the Coordinator. “I heard from Miri. Don't let it bother you. It's amazing to consider that Alex could wound you like that without knowing it since she is the most powerful New-Type so far. I'll talk to her with Fllay later.” Sai shook his head. “Tolle was right. Knowing too much is as much a curse as a blessing. It's probably why she doesn't read our emotions all the time.”
 
Kira smiled sadly. “She wants to be our friend, without us asking ourselves if her answers are not influenced by what she read in us.”
 
Sai nodded. “And so she maintain her image of a human being by the very human errors she make.”
 
At this moment two voices sung in unison. One was as pure as heaven. The other betrayed a slight Russian accent.
 
In this quiet night, I'm here waiting for you.
Forgetting the past…
Your precious smile has faded away.
 
As the Archangel navigated in the sea of space, the song seemed to acquire a will of its own as the two New-Types sung it.
 
Since then now that a little time has passed past memories…
 
Kira let himself smiling as the song soothed his soul. The conversation with the female Coordinator flash backed to him. `I'm…I'm also a…'
 
“…have over time…
 
`…Coordinator.'
 
“…become more precious.
 
Lacus simply continued to smile. `Is that right? But the reason you are kind is that you are you, right?'
 
Kira blinked in astonishment since, yes, it was that simple.
 
I find myself, where the stars fall.
 
`Would you mind telling me your name? It's funny, but Alex forgot to present you and your friends to me.'
 
Right here I wish…
 
Blushing, Kira thought that, yes, like always, Alex forgot something. `Ah, K-Kira. Kira Yamato.'
 
“…that you will once again be laughing.
 
`Oh. Thank you, Mr. Kira.'
 
Even today…
 
Sai softly asked. “Is it those two singing?”
 
“…even now.
 
The bespectacled boy sighed in wonder and began to walk away. “What beautiful voices. But I can't help wondering if those voices are a consequence of a millennium of experiences and also a result of fiddling with some genes.”
 
Kira whirled to his departing friend. Even him? Even Sai, a knowledgeable and educated Orb citizen didn't know about what exactly entailed to be a second-generation Coordinator. Even him, someone that Alex referred as a very good friend, thought that the Russian girl sung like this because of her real age and not because of what Kira himself could perceive: A heart that can listen.
 
Sai continued to walk. “Okay, let's go. We've gotta get something to eat, too.”
 
After a hesitation, Kira followed him.
 
In the dining room, Fllay was putting back some things left on the tables. Kuzzey sighed as he was still feeling uneasy about Kira, Alexandra and the female Coordinator. “You know, it's easy to forget, but Kira's also a Coordinator. He can easily ride that incredible Mobile Suit and fight with it.”
 
As the young boy exited the room, Fllay stopped what she was doing and thought about it. `It's true that I have simply forgotten that Kira is a Coordinator.' She frowned. `Is it because I can read his heart?' She lowered her head. `Or is it because others can see and show me the shadows in my heart?'
 
1234567890987654321
 
In the void of space, two Nazca-class vessels navigated. One was the Vesalius of the Le Creuset team. The other was the Karachi of the Ashrad team.
 
Aboard the Vesalius, the Commander Rau Le Creuset floated to the command chair of the ZAFT Captain Fredrick Ades. “What's the matter?”
 
Ades pointed to the image on the screen. “They're assumed to be naval vessels of the Earth Forces.” Three points blipped on the long-range sensors. “What are they doing out here?”
 
Rau whirled back to the local map screen-table. “If the legged ship were planning to go from Artemis to the Earth Forces' lunar headquarters, what would they do?”
 
Ades nodded. “Then those naval vessels are out there to provide supplies, or maybe greet them?”
 
Rau smiled. “They haven't caught on to our position yet, have they? Don't lose sight of them. Follow them carefully.”
 
Ades blinked. “We're following them? But…”
 
Under his mask, Rau rolled up his eyes. “Of course, we will also continue our search for Lacus Clyne.” He smirked. “But at the same time, we can't overlook this because of one girl.” He turned back to the map. “I'd hate to be laughed at by historians of future generations. Call Takashi.”
 
In the Pilot Ready Room, Athrun Zala was deep in his thoughts.
 
1234567890987654321
 
The Archangel fired up his engines.
 
“Direction 45, mark 10, alpha. Route change completed. Engines at 60 percent.”
 
In the central lounge, the civilian passengers finally felt relief that their ordeal was finished.
 
“There's nothing to worry about now.”
 
“I wonder how long before we join them.”
 
“I'm sick and tired of this ship.”
 
In the back of the room, Fllay was beaming to the news delivered by Sai. “What? Papa is…?”
 
The brown-haired boy nodded and whispered. “Yes! He's here with the advance force greeting us.”
 
“Really?”
 
“I'm sure he had no idea that you're on board, Fllay but we just forwarded our crew list to them.”
 
“Papa's coming. I'm so glad.” The redheaded girl leaned into her boyfriend. `Now, everything will be all right.'
 
“Great news, huh?”
 
In the main hangar, an apologetic Kira floated to the maintenance booth of the Strike. “I'm sorry I'm late.”
 
Kojiro Murdoch waved away the concerns of the young boy. “Oh, right. I made changes to the standing geometry offset values. I want you to check it over.”
 
“Sure.”
 
Kojiro turned to the Suit. “Although you may never be using this guy again.”
 
It was good news for the Coordinator and yet, he felt an inexplicable feeling rising in his heart as he looked up to the Alliance machine.
 
In her cabin, Lacus was playing with her pet robot. “Haro. Are you fine?”
 
The female Coordinator, haloed by a pink aura, turned her glowing blue eyes to the pink ball and smiled. “Here's a question. Where are we currently headed?”
 
The robot whirled on itself in a circle. Lacus giggled. It was a personal code to signify the moon.
 
“Wanna see me mad?”
 
1234567890987654321
 
Preview:
 
A faint voice has been delivered.
Upon witnessing the helping hand on the other end the wandering ship lets out a cry expressing joy.
The days of hardship vanish into time.
Can peaceful days, like those they used to know, be promised?
However, when gunfire once again cuts through space, Kira sees before him a capricious fate.
The Myth of the Pandora Box.
For Alexandra the myth is about to become reality.
Will she dare to open it or will she let it close?
 
Next, on MS Seed Girls, “The Fading Light, The Heart Of A MS Girl”.
Fire the shot that reflects your resolution, Gundam!
 
1234567890987654321
 
Notes: here is the result for the poll about the future girlfriend of Alex so far.
Fllay: 5.
Natarle: 2.
Miriallia: 0.
Murrue: 0.
Lacus: 0.
Cagalli: 0.
Aïsha : 0.
Remember to vote, even those who had already voted.
 
If you read attentively, you'll remark that the friends of Miriallia have each a different way to nickname her:
Fllay, Kira and Alex called her Mir.
Kuzzey called her Milly.
Sai called her Miri.
For now, Tolle didn't use any nickname.
 
Here are the specs of the Duel:
 
Name: GAT X-102 Duel Gundam.
 
Height: 17.50 meters. Weight: 61.9 tons.
 
Armament:
Twin 75 mm Automatic Multi-Barrel CIWS "Igelstellung" in the head.
Beam Saber x 2, handheld, stored in the back.
57 mm High-Energy Beam Rifle, handheld.
175 mm Grenade Launcher, mated to the Beam Rifle.
 
Name: GAT X-102 Duel Gundam Assault Shroud.
 
Height: 17.50 meters. Weight: 103.47 tons.
 
Armament:
Twin 75 mm Automatic Multi-Barrel CIWS "Igelstellung" in the head.
Beam Saber x 2, handheld, stored in the back.
57 mm High-Energy Beam Rifle, handheld.
175 mm Grenade Launcher, mated to the Beam Rifle.
115 mm Railgun "Shiva", right shoulder of the Assault Shroud.
220 mm Missile Pod, left shoulder of the Assault Shroud.
 
Thanks for their reviews to Holyknight5, Infinite Freedom, Vampwriter and James Axelrad.
 
Thanks for the ideas to Holyknight5.
 
Read, review, comment and send your ideas. Thanks and please.