Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ MS Seed Girls ❯ Crossroads, Crossed Swords ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

MS Seed Girls
 
Disclaimer: I own nothing except Alexandra Kerensky.
 
Da: yes.
Niet: no.
Tovarisch: comrade.
Dasvidania: good bye.
Pradva: truth.
Priviet: hello.
Paka : good bye (later).
Pajalousta: please.
Bhoze moï: my God!
 
 
Chap 10: Crossroads, Crossed Swords.
 
 
Fredrick Ades, captain of the ZAFT vessel Vesalius, was simmering in impotent rage. “That's right! All forces cease attack!” He tightened his jaw as “all forces” had been brought down from two cruisers, seven GINNs and one G-weapon to the Vesalius, two GINNs and the Aegis. “Didn't you hear the broadcast?” He gazed furiously to the Alliance warship Archangel as the two Mobile Suits turned back.
 
Aboard the Aegis, Athrun Zala spoke, disgusted, to his childhood friend inside the Strike, Kira Yamato. “Using a rescued civilian as a hostage?” His eyes widened with righteous anger. “Can your righteousness fight alongside those cowards?”
 
In his cockpit, the young Coordinator could only listen to the feeling of betrayal in the voice of the green-eyed teenager. “Kira!” But what could he say? He didn't know what was going on. “Athrun…”
 
Shadows obscured the face of Athrun but determination rang in his voice. “I'm going to save her! You can count on it!” The red machine turned back and rushed to the Vesalius. The violet-eyed boy could only gaze on the departing Suit as doubts assailed him.
 
1234567890987654321
 
In the command bridge of the Archangel, Natarle Badgiruel watched Kuzzey Buskirk and another person gently taking out on a gurney the unconscious Alexandra Kerensky. Blood was still seeping from her scalp.
 
The Ensign loosened her collar as the adrenaline high of the battle dissipated. The remark of the redheaded teenager about her planned killing of Captain Koopman for his action regarding Lacus Clyne had unnerved her. They had been no regrets in the voice of the Russian girl, only icy determination. Only the fact that the Earth Captain had been blown off with his ship had prevented the green-eyed girl to do it herself.
 
She also remembered what she felt during the battle. Miriallia Haw had used her telepathic power to create a mental link between her and the Esper. Both had felt the incredible clarity of the MS Girl's mind and now that she could spare the time to think about it, she had felt the immense experience of the warrior. And then, there had been the images the bridge crew received when Fllay invaded the mind the green-eyed warrior.
 
On her command chair, the Acting Captain, the Lieutenant Murrue Ramius pondered upon the situation. “Although we were able to avoid immediate danger it doesn't change our current situation one bit.” Her eyes narrowed. “And now, we have to deal with the hot potato that Koopman laid on our laps.”
 
Natarle sighed. “We can't take his declaration back now. We're down to the Strike and the Moebius Zero.” She straightened up. “We can regroup during this time. I believe that to be the most important thing right now.”
 
Murrue sighed, unhappy that they were forced to continue the odious tactic in order to survive. “Yes. I know.” She frowned. She wasn't looking towards the reaction of Alex when she'll awake. Come to think of it, she wasn't also looking to the future reaction of the new MS girl onboard.
 
1234567890987654321
 
In the main hangar, the technicians were doing the maintenance of the war machines. Even if there were few battle damages, proper maintenance, refuelling and ammunitions were a must to maintain battle readiness.
 
“Attach a gauge and hurry with the supersonic wave stress measurements!”
 
The Mobile Armour pilot Mu La Flaga was surveying the maintenance and rearmament of his Moebius Zero. “Hurry! We're not exactly done fighting!”
 
Not taking his eyes from his diagnostic consol, Chief Petty Officer Kojiro Murdoch sighed. “I know!” The Chief Technician tapped a few controls. “Man, is this ship cursed, or what?”
 
Mu put down his zero-gee water bottle. “The curse is Le Creuset.”
 
Kira exited his Mobile Suit and floated down behind the two men. “What the hell was that?”
 
Mu didn't like the anger shining in the eyes of the teenager. “There's not much to explain. You heard for yourself. That's what happened.” He turned around and floated up to the hangar exit.
 
Kira's eyes narrowed. “Taking that girl as a hostage and threatening them?” He floated up, following the blond blue-eyed man. “The Earth Forces, do they typically run from enemies like this?”
 
This time, Mu let his own anger and irritation about the situation through his eyes. “The reason that they had to resort to such cowardly actions is because we're weak, right?” The young boy gasped to the naked truth. Upon his landing, he had heard that his best friend was unconscious “Neither of us has the right to criticize the Captain or the Combat Commander for continuing the action of Koopman.”
 
The brown-haired teenager gazed away, unable to accept that.
 
1234567890987654321
 
Aboard the Vesalius, the Commander Rau le Creuset, Athrun Zala and Fredrick Ades were trying to find a solution.
 
Ades gazed on the tactical map. “Even if we continue to follow we can't do a thing with Miss Lacus aboard their ship.”
 
Rau was thinking. “And their next move is likely to join the lunar fleet.”
 
Ades sighed. “Do we have no choice but to let them take Lacus to the fleet before our eyes?”
 
Rau turned to him. “What's the Gamov's position? How soon can it get here?”
 
Ades looked again at the numbers on the map. “Its current position is 6 mark 509 epsilon, zero comma three. It'll take them at least seven hours to get here.”
 
Rau shook his head. “They'll be joining the fleet before then.” He sighed. “This is a tough one.”
 
Athrun looked dismayed to the map. There must be a solution. He couldn't let Lacus in the hands of those Naturals.
 
A ZAFT operator floated to Ades and gave him a data pad. The brown-haired captain red it and smirked. “Well, it seems we have, at least, one good news.”
 
Rau raised an eyebrow behind his mask. “Oh?”
 
“CIC has confirmed that the Exo-Frame was caught in the explosion of the Montgomery.”
 
Athrun gasped and his eyes widened as Ades continued. “The survey of the legged ship has revealed that only the Strike and the Moebius Zero has regained it before their departure of the battlefield.”
 
Rau nodded. “We must have to come back after the rescue of Miss Clyne to search for any debris.” He turned to Athrun. “I'm sorry, Athrun. But, at least, you didn't have to kill her yourself.”
 
He sighed while Athrun gazed on the floor, fists tightened and eyes shining with unshed tears. “It's really too bad, we couldn't ask her if Orb has created others like her.”
 
1234567890987654321
 
In the cabin of Lacus Clyne, the songstress and her pink bouncing Haro were looking to the sleeping form of Alexandra Kerensky. The young girl had a bandaged head and was having a disturbed sleep. Images from her past were mixing with recent events.
 
Miriallia Haw entered the room with water bottles and a tray of food. The PLANT civilian smiled with gratitude as she took them. Miriallia smiled back and turned to the bed. “How is she?”
 
Lacus sighed. “I'm not sure. Her mind is closed and the few images that filtered out in her sleep are…disturbing.”
 
Miriallia sighed as she took a chair near the pink-haired girl. “I'm not sensing anything now.” She massaged her head. “And I still have this nasty headache.”
 
She blinked as she felt the hands of Lacus massaging gently her temples. “You use too much of your power. You need to rest before using it again.”
 
The honey-haired girl nodded. “Was it tough to…? I mean, did you find it hard to learn from Alex?”
 
The blue-eyed girl giggled. “Oh, no! The most difficult thing was to have her teaching me something.” She sighed and her gaze darkened. “She felt guilty that she activated my latent power.”
 
Miriallia shook her head. “She continues to feel guilty...with us.” She sighed, unhappy. “And now, Fllay is a MS Girl.”
 
Lacus acquiesced. “Yes. And now, Alex is confronted to the ghosts of something she thinks she left behind her.”
 
“Did you know about her true origin?”
 
“No. But, during our lessons, she let a few things out of her memory. With time, I recomposed the big picture, but I don't know the details, yet.”
 
Alex moaned as she began to emerge. `Ungh…! Headache! Massive headache! Did someone take the number of the cruiser that hit me?' She palmed her forehead and memories crashed down in her mind. The green eyes widened as she remembered what happened. “Bhoze Moï! Niet! Pajalousta, not that!”
 
“Alex!”
 
She turned to the voices and blinked. “Mir? Lacus?” She sat up and massaged her head. “Oh no. It really happened.”
 
Miriallia tried to push back the teenager. “Please, stay in bed. You just awake, you're not ready to…” She hesitated.
 
The Russian girl sighed and sat on the edge of the bed. She remarked that she was still in her white blue-trimmed inner-suit. “I can't afford that, Mir. I know I'm not fully ready, but I lived through what she lives today.”
 
Lacus Clyne seized her friend by the shoulders and plunged her eyes into the emerald soul's windows. “Are you sure you must go to her now?”
 
The Esper nodded. “I must be near her. I own her that. Be it to serve as target or help her.”
 
1234567890987654321
 
In the infirmary, Sai Argyle was slumped in a chair, having succumbed to his fatigue while waiting for the awakening of his girlfriend.
 
Fllay Allster moved and moaned as consciousness returned to her. Her eyes opened suddenly and widened under the assault of her memory: The Alliance ship Montgomery exploded in her mind. She sat up and screamed in anguish, holding her head.
 
Sai jerked up on his chair at the scream. “Fllay.” He approached the bed and gently leaned to the young girl. “Fllay… Fllay.”
 
The redheaded girl turned to him a blue gaze so much charged with raw pain and despair that the young boy gasped and winced back.
 
There was only one thing in the mind of the distressed girl. “Papa.” She trembled as she searched for something in the eyes of the bespectacled teenager. “Papa! Where's Papa?”
 
Sai gazed away, incapable to look into the desperate eyes.
 
She seized the boy by his vest. “Where's Papa's ship?” Sobs shook her shoulders. “Where's Papa's ship?”
 
Fear seized the heart of the brown-haired boy. The girl he loved was falling in pieces in front of him. “Fllay!”
 
“What happened to it?”
 
“Fllay!”
 
“Answer me!” She suddenly stopped as she remarked her hands covered in grey gloves. “No!” She let go of Sai and looked upon herself, touching gingerly the red white trimmed inner-suit she wore. “No…no…nonononono…NO!”
 
Say swore internally. `Oh, damn! Like Alex said, her transformation is part of her trauma.' “Fllay!”
 
“I'M A MONSTER!”
 
Miriallia entered the infirmary with zero-gee bottles and let them fall as she witnessed the drama is the room. She seized her head as the raw naked pain of Fllay raked against her New-Type sensitivity.
 
Kira walked dejected in the corridors. He really hated the current situation but didn't know what to do.
 
“Priviet, Tovarisch.”
 
The Coordinator looked up to a lightly smiling Alexandra Kerensky. “Alex! You're awake!” He blinked as he saw the bandage around her head. “Oh, but you're wounded!”
 
Alex waved away the anxiousness of the violet-eyed boy. “A trifle.” She sighed. “Beside, it's only a physical wound.”
 
Kira winced at the reminder that someone was dealing with the loss of her father AND being a MS Girl. “Where are you going?”
 
“To the infirmary, to be blown into pieces.”
 
“What?!”
 
Alex shook her head. “During the early stages, a MS Girl can easily fall into madness and let insane rage guiding her actions.”
 
Kira was dismayed. “Why?”
 
“Because only intense emotional trauma can trigger a female New-Type into a MS Girl.”
 
The teenager gasped in horror. “It's…the only way?”
 
The redheaded Esper grimly nodded. “Be it by Fate or triggered artificially, it's the only way.” She looked down the floor. “You can come with me, but I'm warning you.” She gazed up intensely into the violet eyes. “Fllay is deeply into despair and denial, now. She's going to lash at any targets in her range, and trust me on that: Her power will enable her to hit hard where it hurts the most.”
 
It was then that they perceived the shrieks and screams of anguish coming from the infirmary. They rushed to the door which was maintained open by a fallen bottle on the floor. They stopped at the entry as the spectacle seized their hearts and squeezed…hard.
 
The redheaded girl they both liked was sobbing on the floor, held by a beleaguered Sai. “This isn't real. This isn't happening.”
 
The two friends entered, drawing the attention of a helpless Miriallia as Fllay continued to wail. “It can't be!”
 
The green-eyed girl looked helplessly to the two warriors, hoping that they could do something. “Kira! Alex!”
 
Kira looked to the desperate girl. “Fllay…”
 
She abruptly turned to them, anger and tears in her blue eyes. “You two!”
 
There was so much anger and venom in her voice that Kira winced back.
 
“You said you'll do your maximum! You said you'd all be there!”
 
Kira gazed away and Alex closed her eyes under the palpable anger. It was true, they said that.
 
“Why didn't you protect Papa's ship? Why did you permit that I became a freak?”
 
The two friends said nothing as shame burned in their hearts. Kira did everything in his power but it had been in vain. Alex had promised to seal away her New-Type power and it was now too late.
 
The new MS Girl screamed her anguish. “Why didn't you defeat those guys?! Why did you transform me into a monster?!”
 
Miriallia attempted to deflect the hatred of the redhead. “Fllay! Kira and Alex did their best!” She thought about the aftermath of the destruction of the Karashi and the Montgomery. “And even more!”
 
But Fllay was only listening to her wounded heart. She looked with hatred to Kira. “Because you're a Coordinator, too, YOU'RE NOT FIGHTING SERIOUSLY, ARE YOU?”
 
The accusation lanced through the heart of the young boy, but Fllay wasn't finished. Her venomous gaze searched for the emerald eyes of Alex. “Because you felt alone, YOU ONLY WAITED FOR THE OCCASION TO CREATE MONSTERS LIKE YOU!”
 
Shock froze everyone in the room as the accusations echoed. The young girl returned to sobbing into the arms of Sai. “Papa. Bring Papa back to me… I don't want those horrible powers.”
 
Sai could only hug helplessly the prostrated teenager. “Fllay…”
 
Incapable to support more, Kira fled the infirmary to the alarm of Miriallia. “Kira!”
 
Let him go, Mir.
 
The Mind Voice stopped the young girl. Why?
 
Miriallia perceived a mental sigh. Because it is better for him to not see what I'm going to do.
 
Alex approached the pair on the floor. Sorry, Sai. But, if we don't do something quickly, she risks her sanity.
 
Alex seized Fllay by the arms and roughly made her standing up. “Let me go! What are you doing? Don't touch me, freak!”
 
Sai blinked. “What are you doing?”
 
Alex used her “Military Command Voice”. “Be quiet!” She then turned to the crying girl. “You hate me, right?”
 
Fllay cranked up the anger in her tearing eyes as she looked squarely the emerald gaze. “Yes!”
 
Alex nodded. “You want me dead, right?”
 
Fllay snarled. “Yes!”
 
Alex nodded and smiled grimly. “Very well.” She let go her left hand and concentrated. In a burst of green light, a handgun materialized in her hand. The three teenagers in the room with Alex gazed to the weapon, paralyzed with horror and morbid curiosity.
 
Like she was teaching cooking, Alex pressed the weapon in the right hand of Fllay. “This is the standard handgun of the Alliance Earth Forces: Calibre 9 mm, 15 rounds in the clip plus one in the chamber. Effective range is 50 metres. The ammunitions in this one are hollow-point bullets. You arm it like this.” Using her hands, Alex made Fllay arming the handgun. “Now, you see this, here? It's the security.” There was a small click. “It is now ready to fire: You just have to squeeze the trigger.”
 
She guided the arms of the fascinated teenager until the gun was aimed to her forehead. “The bullet will penetrate my forehead and eject most of my brain matter on the back wall. The death will be instantaneous.”
 
The Russian girl let go of the hands of Fllay. “Once I'm dead, you'll just have to localize Kira, teleport to him and proceed with the same gestures to kill him. You'll see, it's very easy.”
 
Miriallia managed to force herself to breathe. “Alex!”
 
“Silence!” The word was backed by the full might of the New-Type and Miriallia found herself once again paralyzed.
 
Alex returned to look serenely into the blue eyes. “Now, Fllay. Do it! It's what you want, right?”
 
The gun began to tremble. “You want me dead, right? You want to kill the freak I am and you want to kill Kira because he was born a Coordinator, right?”
 
The tearing blue eyes glowed suddenly with New-Type energy as Fllay plunged into the long past memories of the millennium old immortal teenager.
 
Alexandra Kerensky screamed in horror and anguish as she witnessed the murder of two good friends: A young boy of 11 years, Alfred Izuruha, fell to the bullet of Zeon Lieutenant Steiner Hardy. The other, a defecting Zeon soldier, Bernard Wiseman, was killed by MS Girl Mishallia Kaminsky, as he attempted to avenge the senseless death of the young boy.
 
Alexandra Kerensky triggered her transformation into the template that her friend Lieutenant Christina Mackenzie had attempted to protect from Mishallia. The MS Girl had cut into the cockpit of the RGM-79G that Christina piloted and severely wounded her.
 
In her RX-78 NT1 “ALEX” Gundam configuration, Alexandra Kerensky fought in space against Mishallia Kaminsky in her MS-18E Kämpfer configuration. She managed to kill her in a gory way with her hidden 9 mm Gatling Guns.
 
The Russian Home-Colony of Alexandra Kerensky exploded in a nuclear apocalypse. The Zeon missiles had been launched on a stealth ballistic trajectory prior to the operation that was supposed to capture the very template of the configuration she wore. The MS Girl screamed and screamed as the fireball cooled into space.
 
Fllay blinked as she suddenly found herself on the Astral Plane with Alex. The two floating nude girls were then being subjected to an avalanche of memories.
 
Five days later, Alexandra joined the Federation offensive for revenge. MS Girls Rei Amuro and Charlotte Aznable were locked in mortal combat as the Federation attacked the last Zeon stronghold. Alexandra was powerless to stop or even participated in the conflict and she was dismayed to feel that the two girls also fought in an endless and pointless circle of revenge. She stayed with Rei Amuro and learned to control her New-Type powers from her.
 
Four years later, Zeon MS Girl Anabel Gato betrayed her friendship with Alexandra for her duty to Zeon and stole an illegal nuclear-armed Federation prototype Gundam. At the height of the conflict, Zeon managed its objective of dropping a colony cylinder on Earth. In grief, Alexandra killed in battle Anabel which was wielding the powerful Neue Ziel configuration but allowed the Zeon fleet to pass unmolested to respect the last wish of her friend.
 
Four years later, the group Titans was nothing more than power-drunk tyrants. Female New-Type Camille Bidan joined the Anti-Earth Union Group (AEUG) against the Titans. Angered by the atrocities committed by the Titans, Alexandra joined later along with Commander Bright Noa. She mainly served as a spokesperson. With joy, she befriended Charlotte Aznable disguised as Jeena Quattro and learned many things from her. One year later, the Titans were wiped out and Alexandra personally killed the ruthless Bask Om for his crimes against humanity in the climatic final battle.
 
In the aftermath, Alexandra joined forces with MS Girl Judith Ashita in her configuration ZZ Gundam. She then adopted the Zeta configuration and fought against the Neo Zeon movement and her leader MS Girl Haman Kahn. It took one year to finally gain and prevented the senseless pursuit of war. During that time, Alexandra was forced to teach children how to kill in order for them to simply survive. For the first time, she also encountered a clone of herself: Katherine. The clone destroyed herself when she became insane in her quest to surpass her original. Alexandra discovered the influence and importance of Nurture versus Nature: What you are isn't who you are.
 
Four years later, Charlotte Aznable declared war on the Earth Federation. Neo Zeon attempted to drop a second asteroid on Earth. During the orbital battle, Rei Amuro and Charlotte Aznable both neutralized Alexandra to prevent her to join their sacrifices in stopping the asteroid.
 
30 years later, Alexandra was enjoying a simple life on the Frontier Side colony. A Group called Crossbone Vanguard attacked. Alexandra revealed herself as a MS Girl to help the evacuation. She encountered and befriended the young New-Type Seabook Arno. During the conflict, she confronted the Artificial New-Type and insane Iron Mask, leader of the Cosmo Babylon. Horrified by his views and actions, she fought against and managed to kill him during an apocalyptic battle against his giant Mobile Armour Rafflesia.
 
30 years later, Alexandra Kerensky is living with the great-grandson of Charlotte Aznable: Uso Evin. In memory of her dear friend, she attempted to protect him from the harshness of life. But another war drew them into the horrors of reality. She helped him and the New-Type Shakti Karin to survive the war by teaching them her skills. The war between the League Militaire and the Zanscare Empire left them scarred mentally by the reality of war as they witnessed the people they liked or loved that kept being killed or dying to protect them and their cause. It was after the end of the war that the two children, matured by their experiences, showed her the importance to go forward and built your happiness, even after it had been shattered.
 
The calendar is changed from U.C. (Universal Century) to A.C. (After Colony) calendar. Alexandra Kerensky began the life of a wanderer since her immortality prevented her to stay long in one place. MS Girls and New-Types slowly disappeared into History.
 
176 years later, the Alliance, controlled by the secret society OZ, crushed the colonies by using Mobile Suits.
 
17 years later, a new MS Girl, Treize Khushrenada, became the leader of OZ.
 
2 years later, the five colony clusters sent each a powerful MS Girl on Earth. Each having a Gundam-level configuration, they attacked the Alliance to cripple OZ. Alexandra is forced out of her long life of wanderer when MS Girl Yui Heero attacked her friend, Relena Peacecraft. Drawn into the conflict by the twin threads of her inner sense of right and friendship, she became the mysterious sixth MS Girl. She rediscovered the happiness of close-friendship when she integrated the team. She saw proof that a pure warrior cannot survive on that alone.
 
The calendar is changed for the A.W. (After War) calendar. Once again, MS Girls and New-Types slowly faded in time.
 
Two and one half centuries later, at the end of another stupid conflict, she saw the creation and abuse of many Artificial New-Types and MS Girls: That convicted her to never use again her power. After the surface of the Earth was ravaged by falling colony cylinders, she became a wandering mercenary medic and mechanic.
 
15 years later, Alexandra is forced again into the open when she decided to help the new natural New-Type Tiffa Adill. She teamed with all the people around the gentle girl and appreciated the happiness brought by merely helping people, especially the young Garrod Ran. With horror, she discovered near the end of the conflict that she was indirectly responsible of the cataclysm. All the protagonists were against a moon base called D.O.M.E. It was something that she participated with a few other natural New-Types in order to create an idiots-trap for those who wanted to unseal the non-existing secrets of the New-Type power at all costs. She was forced to annihilate most of the protagonists to prevent another cataclysm and thus found that the simplest use of her power implied a responsibility even after a long time.
 
As two centuries passed, the diverse nations exhibited a growing exacerbated national sentiment. Each nation built a colony named after their country. Alexandra chose to remain on Earth to help where she could.
 
The calendar changed for the F.C. (Future Century) calendar.
 
6 years later, at the height of a global cold war, the Gundam Fight was proposed as a peaceful means of deciding the leadership of the colonies. Every four years the colony nations would enter their representative Mobile Fighters in a martial tournament, with Earth as the arena. The team of a colony consisted of a Mobile Suit and a MS Girl. Completely dismayed by the abandonment of the Earth population by the colony nations, Alexandra remained in the shadows and provided long term help under various aliases.
 
53 years later, the Ultimate Mobile Suit Gundam of Neo-Japan was stolen by Kyoji Kasshu and transformed into the malevolent Dark Gundam. Alexandra sensed the threat but was incapable to localize it.
 
1 year later, the 13th Gundam Fight began. The Neo-Japan team of Mobile Suit Fighter Domon Kasshu and MS Girl Rain Mikamura was dispatched with the secret mission of finding and eliminating the threat of the Dark Gundam. Alexandra Kerensky joined forces with the couple and rediscovered the meaning and the sacrifices implied by the word honour.
 
Two and one half centuries passed and another major conflict rose. At the height of the war between Earth and the MoonRace Nation, Alexandra Kerensky broke down when she saw that her past and current efforts were in vain. She erupted into what History will refer as the Berserker Rage to the dread of the entire Solar System. Alexandra summoned the Ultimate Power-Armour and completely crippled the war industry in its entirety. An apocalyptic battle raged in Earth orbit as the MS Girls of all factions attempted to stop the insane immortal New-Type. Brought back to her senses by a combined mental blast and sensing the dark future of her universe if she doesn't ride of the central cause of the conflict, Alexandra seized most of the whole New-Type energy present, greatly draining all the new-Types existing. Incapable to wield properly the absorbed energy, her heartfelt wish was granted when the power sent her through the dimensions. She landed in this universe in C.E. 60 on Onogoro Island and again attempted to rebuild her shattered life, attempted…
 
The trembling hand opened and let the handgun fell into the waiting hand of the displaced Russian girl. The red aura and the emerald aura winked off. Fllay Allster looked with widened eyes the tearing green eyes of Alexandra Kerensky. No pity and sorrow like Sai, but deep hidden regrets and understanding.
 
The blue-eyed teenager slumped back into a no longer paralyzed Sai and wept.
 
Alex calmly retrieved the clip and quickly and efficiently disarmed the handgun. She turned to the bewildered Miriallia. The Mind Voice echoed gently into the consciousness of Sai and Miriallia. There's nothing more we can do. She needs those tears and she needs to sleep on what happened. Only after that, could she begin to rebuild her life. There was a mental sigh. I managed to get her past her irrational hatred. She'll need to accept herself and accept that the nature of someone doesn't make her or him different.
 
Alex exited and before the door closed turned to the three teenagers and deeply bowed. “I apologize for what I've done to you two and I apologize for what I've been forced to do to her.”
 
1234567890987654321
 
Kira ran to the elevator. The words of Athrun Zala, Mu La Flaga and Fllay Allster echoed in his memory. `Using a rescued civilian as a hostage? Can your righteousness fight alongside these cowards?' `The reason that they had to resort to such cowardly actions is because we're weak, right?' `Because you're a Coordinator, too, YOU'RE NOT FIGHTING SERIOUSLY, ARE YOU?'
 
On the verge of bursting into tears, Kira floated to the rear of the ship. Kuzzey blinked as he saw the stricken boy passed before him without seeing him.
 
The young Coordinator stopped by the armoured observation window and cried out his anguish, his rage, his anger and his frustration. His scream echoed into the void of space.
 
“What is the matter?”
 
Kira stopped and blinked into the gentle blue eyes and the smile of Lacus Clyne to his right. A flapping Haro passed between them. “Damn it.”
 
The two Coordinators looked to each other.
 
1234567890987654321
 
Aboard the Vesalius, Rau Le Creuset exited his shower and dried his hair. His mask was on his desk. His interphone suddenly buzzed. He pressed the touch “Sound Only”. “What is it?”
 
The voice of the bridge radio-operator answered. “A message from Chairman Zala of the National Defence Committee. Shall I forward it?”
 
“No. I'll listen to it on the bridge.”
 
The mysterious man grabbed a container with white and blue capsules and took some. “My, my, what a big fuss over one girl's life.”
 
After gulping the capsules with some water, he examined his hand, searching for some signs, and tightened his fist. His very own nature never let him having some rest or peace of mind.
 
1234567890987654321
 
In the rear observation bay of the Archangel, Kira and Lacus continued to gaze to each other.
 
The blue-eyed girl gazed serenely to the violet-eyed boy then remarked his tears and reached for them.
 
The boy dodged back and wiped his eyes. He considered the young girl. “What are you doing out here?”
 
Lacus pushed from the window and floated back. “I was taking a stroll when I heard a loud voice from this direction.”
 
The teenager blushed. “You shouldn't be walking around on your own like this in those circumstances.” He paused and felt like an idiot for continuing but… “You could be accused of spying.”
 
“Oh?” The pink-haired girl pushed back to the window and caught the hand of Kira to stabilize herself. “But Mr. Pink here…”
 
The little pet robot flapped around. “Haro.”
 
“…loves to take walks.” Lacus seemed to think about it. “Or, in fact, if a door's closed or locked, he will always open it and go out.”
 
Haro was one hundred percent behind this. “I won't accept that!”
 
There was a flash of emerald sparks and Alexandra Kerensky caught the floating robotic pet in her hands and gently pushed it to Lacus. “Lacus? Spying for ZAFT?” `Well, you could always accuse her to spy for herself.'
 
Kira blinked. “Alex!” Her teleporting entries were always spectacular. He hesitated then… “How is…? I mean… Will she…?”
 
Alex floated to the window and stopped herself by taking an arm of her two friends. “Fllay's better. I managed to pierce her cocoon of hatred.” She sighed. “The path will be hard, but she took the first step.” `Da. Hard. For all of us. It'll be a miracle if she doesn't decide to blow off my head later.'
 
Kira sighed in relief and smiled a little at that news although he remarked that the Russian girl had reddened eyes. He then held out his hands. “In any case, I think it'll be more prudent to accompany Miss Clyne back to her room. Come on.”
 
Lacus giggled and went back to floated around the bay. “The fighting has come to an end, I see.”
 
Alex's eyes darkened. Kira blinked and turned to the window in shame. “Well, yes. Unfortunately, it's only thanks to you, Alex and our cowardly tactic.”
 
“And you, Kira. Without your help, my initial tactic would have caused our early destruction.”
 
Lacus floated back to the floor and looked squarely and gently to the pained boy and the frowning girl. “Yet you two have a very sad expression.”
 
Kira gazed to the floor. “Well…the truth is that I really don't want to fight. I'm also a Coordinator and Athrun was a very close friend of mine.”
 
Lacus blinked. “Athrun?”
 
Kira nodded and explained sadly. “Athrun Zala. Who would've dreamed that he'd become the pilot of that Mobile Suit, the Aegis?”
 
Alex sighed. “Da. Who would've thought that our common best friend from Copernicus would find himself fighting against us?” She snorted in frustration. “As if the fact that I fight against the Three Musketeers wasn't enough!” She shook her head. “I don't want us to fight against them but we have very little choice, here.”
 
Hidden near the bay, Kuzzey's eyes widened at the revelation and he silently glided away.
 
Behind hooded eyes, Alex `felt' the departure of the wannabe spy. `Do you really think you can eavesdrop on two New-Types, Kuzzey?' She internally sighed. `The Pradva must always surface sooner or later.'
 
The pink-haired songstress gently took their hands. “Is that so? Both Athrun and you two are very good people.” She looked down the floor. “That is a very sad reality.”
 
Kira frowned. “Do you know Athrun?”
 
Lacus smiled, a twinkle of mischief in her eyes. “Athrun Zala is the person I will eventually marry.”
 
Kira blinked in wonderment. Alex almost face-faulted. “What?! “Athos” is your fiancé?!”
 
Lacus nodded and giggled. “Cute nickname! He's a kind person, but very quiet.”
 
“Haro.” She grabbed the passing pink robot.
 
“But he gave me this Haro.” The idol presented the small pet ball.
 
“Haro, Haro.”
 
Kira and Alex looked to each other and smiled back to the young girl.
 
“I told him how much I enjoyed Haro and he gave me lots of them.”
 
Kira could just imagine his old friend patiently assembling the pink bouncing wonder, offering it to a beaming Lacus and later made another and another and…
 
Alex chuckled and shook her head. “Is that so? Athrun hasn't changed one bit.”
 
Kira nodded and smiled to happy memories. “Yes. My Torii. He made that, too.”
 
Lacus beamed. “Oh, is that so?”
 
Haro flapped. “Damn it.”
 
Alex held a hand and concentrated. In an emerald flash, a green robotic bird materialized. “Torii.”
 
The pet bird looked around it, advised the pink ball and the two suddenly flapped around, exchanging a meaningful and deep conversation of “Haro” and “Torii”.
 
The three teenagers laughed lightly to the spectacle.
 
Kira's eyes darkened and he looked away. “But…”
 
Alex nodded sadly. “Da…”
 
Lacus Clyne expressed the hidden thought of the two friends. “It would be so nice if you three would no longer have to fight against each other.”
 
The redheaded Esper gazed to the outside and inside the complex changing weaves of the future. “It could happen… But it's a long, long path…filled with…” Her eyes narrowed. “…darkness, tears and blood.”
 
1234567890987654321
 
In the darkened infirmary, Fllay Allster slept.
 
Nearby, in the lounge, Miriallia was talking with Tolle and Sai as Kuzzey entered. “Well, I do `know' how Fllay feels before and after…that.” She shook her head. “I still think both of them went too far.”
 
Sai contemplated sadly what had happened in the sick bay. “Because he's a Coordinator, too, he's not fighting seriously? Because she feels alone, she's transforming New-Types into monsters?”
 
Tolle shook his head. “There's no way that's true! Kira and Alex are fighting the best they can all the time! And I saw the eyes of Alex when she witnessed your New-Type power for the first time. It was pure raw fear and guilt! I admit her shock therapy was too much but she's the only one who can truly help Fllay now.”
 
Miriallia unhappily nodded. “Yeah.”
 
Sai straightened up. “Don't get me wrong! I'm not doubting that! I'm still angered by what Alex has done, but I know she only wants to help Fllay the best she can. Those of us on the bridge see firsthand how tough it is to battle for a Mobile Suit or for a MS Girl.”
 
At the drink station, Kuzzey softly spoke. “You really think they are?”
 
Sai blinked and turned to the black-haired boy.
 
Tolle raised an eyebrow. “What's with you, Kuzzey?”
 
Kuzzey turned to them. “That Mobile Suit that was taken, the Aegis. I hear the person piloting that thing is a mutual old friend of Kira and Alex.”
 
The group gasped. “What?”
 
Kuzzey nodded. “I overheard them talking with that Coordinator girl a moment ago. They say that pilot was a close friend.”
 
1234567890987654321
 
EYECATCH
 
The Duel appears and rushed to show what it can do: The dual 75 mm Automatic Multi-Barrel CIWS “Igelstellung” push back a Mobile Suit. The two Beam Sabers are drawn and swing around in a double-blade kata. The 57 mm High-Energy Beam Rifle fire and destroy a Mobile Armour. The shield with its Anti-Beam Coating intercepts a flight of missiles. Finally, the 175 mm Grenade Launcher obliterates a fortified position.
 
EYECATCH
 
Fllay Allster, in her pink dress, whirls on herself, beaming. Sai Argyle, sitting on the grass, is blowing soap bubbles. Half a dozen of differently coloured little Gerbera Tetra are flying around the couple.
 
1234567890987654321
 
In his bed, while everyone else slept, Kira was deeply lost in his thoughts. On his shoulder, Torii was asking itself what was the matter with its master. “Torii. Torii. Torii?”
 
Kira smiled and held his hand for the bird. He looked to the precious robotic pet built by his best childhood friend and remembered the words of Lacus Clyne. `Athrun Zala is the person I will eventually marry.'
 
Kira narrowed his eyes and took his decision. “This just plain isn't right!” Stealthily, Kira exited the bunkroom.
 
In her cabin, Lacus slept in a borrowed T-shirt. Her door opened.
 
Alex, clad in her inner-suit, appeared just under the nose of the startled Kira and whispered. “Ah! At last! You sure take your time. I was waiting for you for an hour, now.”
 
The young boy blinked, bewildered. He knew that she was a New-Type, but that…?
 
On a chair, the pink robotic pet activated to the sounds. “Haro. No problem. No problem.”
 
Kira waved the small ball. “Shhh…Haro.”
 
Roused by the noise, Lacus moved. “What is it, Haro?”
 
The pet was perplexed by the situation. “Damn it.”
 
“Huh? Mr. Kira. Alex. What is the problem?”
 
The Coordinator shushed her. “Please don't say anything and come with us. Be very quiet.” `My god! She's so beautiful, even with bed hair.'
 
Just behind the teenager, Alex smirked when she `heard' this particular thought and smiled to her pseudo-girlfriend. “You don't forget that I am still your designed guide, don't you, Lacus?” She winked. “I hire a driver.”
 
The three teenagers ran in the corridors to the pilot Locker Room, Kira holding the hand of Lacus and Alex making sure that no one saw them by taking the lead and scanning for nearby awakened consciousness. Her New-Type power was also directed to the security cameras which simply didn't register them. She suddenly stopped. “Shit! Mir and Sai. And Mir has already sensed me!”
 
Kira whirled around and hide the pink-haired girl in a corner. Alex and him took place in front of the female Coordinator to cover her better.
 
Sai and Miriallia turned to their friends. “Kira? Alex?”
 
Not wanting to create friction with the friends of her protectors and sensing that they had good hearts, Lacus peeked above the shoulders of Kira and Alex as Haro circled them and bounced. “No problem. No problem.”
 
Miriallia and Sai blinked and their eyes widened in wonderment.
 
Kira sighed, unhappy about the situation. Alex palmed her face and Lacus waved to the two teenagers, smiling. Haro was expressing his encouragements. “Let's do this.”
 
Sai approached the trio. “What are you doing, you two?”
 
Miriallia raised an eyebrow. “What do you plan to do with her? You're not…?!”
 
Kira spoke tensely. “Please pretend that you didn't see anything.”
 
Alex nodded. “Da. You're having a nice…dream.”
 
Kira blinked but continued. “We don't wanna involve you guys in this. But I just can't stand this situation!”
 
Alex nodded again. “So, right now. You're dreaming we are making sure that Lacus go back to her country safely.”
 
Haro agreed with that. “Do your best. I'll do my best.”
 
Miriallia looked to the trio then gazed to Sai.
 
The tall boy sighed. “Well, keeping a girl hostage is something that the bad guys do.”
 
Kira blinked in surprise and Alex beamed.
 
Sai smiled. “And since I'm only dreaming this, I'll help. After all, that what I would do in such a dream.”
 
Kira was deeply touched. “Sai…”
 
Miriallia smiled to the bespectacled boy and acquiesced.
 
In the locker room, while Alex changed herself in the adjacent room, Kira extracted a standard space-suit from a locker.
 
“Wear this over what you're wearing now.” He stopped, advising the rather voluminous dress of the pink-haired idol.
 
Lacus blinked, looked down on herself and smiled, seeing the problem. She then proceeded to undress before the flabbergasted boy.
 
Alex entered the room, clad in a white and blue red-trimmed pilot suit, and raised an eyebrow. She smirked to the blushing Kira. “Well, you don't lose time, you two. Should I be jealous or join you?”
 
The horrified teenager whispered furiously. “ALEX!”
 
Smiling, Alex winked to Lacus. “Cute underwear, by the way.”
 
Lacus giggled as Kira groaned.
 
Outside the room, Sai and Miriallia mounted the guard. The honey-haired girl was using her power to scan around them.
 
When the trio exited, Sai gasped in surprise as he remarked the mass at the belly level of the space-suit clad Lacus. The two Coordinators and the Esper blinked. Why was Sai so surprised? They didn't have time to fetch a space-carryall to put the dress in.
 
Sai attempted to laugh it up. “Oh. Just wondered for a moment how she suddenly became pregnant.”
 
His friends sighed, dejected.
 
Alex smiled wickedly. “Why, Sai? Are you jealous that Miss Clyne is carrying our love child” She put her arms around the shoulders of the two Coordinators.
 
Sai blushed and sputtered. Miriallia palmed her face and Kira groaned more. Lacus was simply beaming. Their private joke was so funny.
 
The group rapidly gained stealthily the main hangar and the maintenance booth of the Strike. Miriallia scanned the zone but could only detect the chief Murdoch and some technicians. None were near the Mobile Suit. She signalled her friends to go ahead.
 
Gallantly, Sai and Miriallia helped the songstress to board the war machine.
 
Lacus Clyne smiled to those two. She greatly appreciated the seeds of friendship planted during her stay. “Thank you.”
 
Sai waved her away. “Don't mention it.”
 
As she installed herself on the lap of Kira, she considered the two teenagers. “Let's meet again.”
 
The eyes of Miriallia and Sai darkened. “I'm not so sure that can happen.”
 
While Kira prepared his taking off, Alex slowly and gently inserted herself on the rear side of his seat.
 
Sai looked with some apprehension his friends. “Kira. Alex You will be returning, right?”
 
The young boy and girl blinked to the strange question.
 
On the ground level, Kojiro Murdoch exited a workshop and advised the movements around the Strike. “Hey! What are you doing?”
 
In the mind of Sai was present the warning given by Kuzzey. What if Kira or Alex decided to stay with their friends from the PLANTs. “You two will come back here, back to us, won't you?”
 
Kira smiled to his friends. “For sure. I promise.”
 
Alexandra Kerensky gazed seriously to them. “I give you my word. We will both return.”
 
Sai and Miriallia floated back as the cockpit hatch closed and the restraints of the booth opened.
 
Murdoch was bewildered by what was happening. “What's that?”
 
On the ground, other technicians were remarking that something wasn't right. “Petty Officer?”
 
Sai and Miriallia gazed to the departing Suit. “Make sure you do! It's a promise!”
 
The Mobile Suit walked to the right linear catapult. Kira activated his external speaker. “Opening hatch! Please stay back!”
 
As he observed the machine walking, Sai repeated his heartfelt wish. “Make sure you do, Kira! Alex! I believe in you!”
 
The honey-haired girl near him `sent' a last thought. Good luck, my friends. And come back to us.
 
On the command bridge, the watch crew received a call from Murdoch. “What are you doing, bridge? I sound the Red Alert!”
 
Murrue Ramius blinked. No alarm had sounded. “What is it?”
 
In the CIC, Natarle Badgiruel blinked as nothing on her instruments showed something wrong. Then suddenly, the right linear catapult activated by itself. Natarle switched on the cameras and gasped as she saw the Strike walking to the catapult. “Strike! What are you doing? Kira Yamato!”
 
Mu La Flaga contacted the Ensign from the hangar. “The kid and the girl are taking the pink Princess out!” He winced as he advised something on his left. “It's too late! The air lock's already been opened! All of our controls are being hijacked!”
 
Natarle's eyes widened. “Wh-What?” She remarked then that absolutely nothing was being registered as abnormal on her instruments. She swore: This was typical of the psychokinetic power of Alexandra when she used it against any type of electronic circuits.
 
The bridge crew could only watch as the Strike selectionned the “Aile” Striker Pack.
 
Kira nodded to the slightly glowing Alex and turned to Lacus. “We're going! Hold on tight!”
 
Held by its mistress, Haro agreed. “You, too.”
 
The Strike took off and flew to the Vesalius following the Archangel.
 
The ZAFT sensor operator sounded the alarm. “We've confirmed a Mobile Suit launching from the legged ship.”
 
Ades blinked in puzzlement and Rau frowned.
 
The Red Alert sounded on the cruiser.
 
“Alerting, level one battle stations! Mobile Suit pilots, prepare for immediate takeoff! I repeat! Mobile Suit pilots…”
 
Athrun Zala boarded the Aegis.
 
Inside the Strike, Kira switched on his radio on a general broadcast. “This is Mobile Suit Strike, of the Earth Alliance Forces' Archangel! I am bringing Lacus Clyne to you!”
 
Ades gasped at the announcement.
 
Kira continued, determined. “In return, I demanded that the Nazca-class halt! I will hand her over on the condition that we are met by the pilot of the Aegis alone.”
 
The Archangel crew listened with worry what their only Mobile Suit pilot said. Mu La Flaga boarded his Moebius Zero and prepared to take off. He knew what they were trying to do but he also knew that Le Creuset would never respect such a deal.
 
The voice of Kira showed regrets. “Should this condition be breached, I cannot guarantee her safety!”
 
Lacus blinked as she felt the sorrow and inner conflict of the young pilot. She also felt the icy determination developing inside Alex. Both were determined to do what was required to protect their friends AND delivered her to safety, no matter what the cost for…ZAFT and themselves.
 
In his machine, Athrun asked himself what was his old friend doing. Although, now that he thought about it, it would be in his character. “Kira.”
 
Ades was perplexed. “What's the legged ship up to?”
 
Athrun contacted the bridge. “Commander! Allow me to go!”
 
Ades shook his head. It was too dangerous. “We still don't know what the enemy's true intentions are! We don't even know if Miss Lacus is really in there.”
 
Athrun insisted and focused on Rau Le Creuset. “Commander!”
 
Rau smiled a little. “All right. I authorize it.”
 
Athrun was relieved and cut the contact. “Thank you very much!”
 
Ades turned to the masked man. “Are you sure about this?”
 
Rau smirked. “This can also be seen as a chance for us. I take it the enemy's pilot is also very young. And also, they don't have this troublesome Exo-Frame.”
 
Ades nodded and smiled wickedly.
 
Rau Le Creuset floated to the bridge's exit. “Stop the ship and prepare my CGUE for takeoff, Ades.”
 
Natarle was furious. “Captain! They've done that on their own, without authorization!” What the hell those two were thinking? They couldn't attack. Not without the two thirds of their forces acting on their own.
 
On the com-screen Mu was thinking the same thing. “And should we attack, the Strike and Miss-Glowing-Eyes would attack us this time!”
 
Natarle sighed and slumped on her chair. Yes, they were capable of that. Especially Alexandra. Worse, with her uncanny ability to deliver those pin-point attacks of her, she could disable anything the Archangel used without killing anyone.
 
Mu winked. He knew exactly what the Ensign was thinking. “Perhaps.”
 
Murrue smiled and hide a chuckle. It seemed that her dilemma was being resolved by forces out of her reach and authority.
 
Romero Pal focused on his instruments. “The Nazca-class has cut its engines! Braking jets!”
 
Chandra tapped a few controls on his heat sensors in the CIC. “Aegis approaching!”
 
The battle computer of the Strike detected the approaching machine. Kira concentrated on what he must do.
 
Aboard his G-weapon, Athrun manoeuvred to stop in front of the Alliance Mobile Suit. His weapons weren't armed.
 
The Strike pointed his High-Energy Beam Rifle to the head of the braking Suit.
 
The two humanoid machines stayed a moment relative to each other. Then Kira opened a channel. “Athrun Zala?”
 
“That's right.”
 
“Open your cockpit!”
 
Without hesitation, Athrun opened the hatch. Kira did the same.
 
The violet-eyed Coordinator turned to Lacus. “Say something.” The blue-eyed girl blinked. “He can't see your face. He must be convinced that it's you.”
 
“Oh. I understand.”
 
The black-haired boy listened anxiously. The pink-haired songstress waved to him. “Hello, Athrun. It's nice to see you.”
 
The little Haro proved its sophistication by talking on the same radio channel. “Damn it.”
 
Athrun sighed in relief. “Confirmed.”
 
Kira nodded. “Then take her with you!” Athrun unbuckled and waited on the external lower plate of the cockpit's hatch.
 
Gently, Kira pushed Lacus in the direction of the Aegis. “Now go.”
 
The brown-haired boy smiled as his angel flew safely to his childhood friend. Athrun caught the hand of his fiancée and secured her on the plate. He blinked in puzzlement as he remarked the rounded shape of her belly. Lacus couldn't be pregnant, could she?
 
Lacus Clyne beamed to her rescuers. “Thank you for everything, Kira, Alex. And you, too, Athrun.”
 
The green-eyed boy smiled then blinked. Did he heard right? He whirled to the open cockpit of the Strike and gasped as he remarked now the space-suited silhouette in the rear of the seat. “Alex! You're alive!”
 
Alexandra Kerensky raised an eyebrow as she `heard' the surface thoughts of her best friend and smiled gently. “The news of my death was a bit exaggerated, Athrun.” She smirked. “You should know that I'm tougher than that.”
 
There was a little sexual innuendo in the tone of the redheaded girl. Athrun blushed and coughed under the combined gazes of the three teenagers.
 
The two couples looked to each other, small smiles on their lips.
 
Athrun narrowed his eyes. He couldn't let it go like that. They were his friends! “Kira! Alex! You two come, too!”
 
The two warriors blinked to the pleading accent of Athrun's voice.
 
Athrun continued. “There's no reason why you two should remain with the Earth Forces! I know that Alex is under an oath for the Orb Union, but the PLANTs are still respecting its neutrality!”
 
Kira looked down, eyes shining with unshed tears. “Believe me, I don't want us to fight you.” The faces of his friends danced in his mind. “But aboard that ship are people I wanna protect.”
 
With deep sorrow, because it wasn't the first time that she was confronted to such a choice, Alexandra Kerensky softly spoke for her and Kira. “Our friends are aboard that ship.” She smiled sadly. “My question about their safety remains, Athrun.”
 
Athrun trembled under his contained emotions. “Then I've got no choice.” His eyes shone with sorrow and unshed tears. “The next time we battle, I will personally defeat you two!”
 
Kira felt his heart bursting as lines were drawn and swords crossed. “The same goes for us!”
 
A tear pearled on the emerald eye of the displaced Esper. “I love you, my friend. Paka.”
 
The hatch closed and Lacus and Athrun watched the Strike drifting away.
 
Fredrick Ades nodded as he watched his tactical screen. “The enemy Mobile Suit is moving away! We confirmed that the Exo-Frame pilot is without her machine and inside the Strike!”
 
Aboard his CGUE, Rau Le Creuset smiled in anticipation. They could still capture this pesky Coordinator to learn the secrets of her power. “Start engine, Ades!”
 
The linear catapult ejected the ZAFT Suit. But the impulsion electromagnetic alerted Jackie Tonomura in the Archangel's CIC. “Mobile Suit launching from the enemy ship!”
 
Natarle nodded. Her intuition had warned her about the impeding treachery of the enemy. The Archangel was ready: All the weapons were armed. They just needed to deploy them.
 
The heat sensors of Romero Pal confirmed the enemy movements. “The Nazca-class has started its engines!” Murrue Ramius tightened her jaw. If the enemy pursued its attack, the surprise effect will be devastating.
 
Inside his Moebius Zero, Mu's eyes narrowed. “We knew this would happen!” The Mobile Armour was already in place on the linear catapult and ejected.
 
The white CGUE rushed to the attack. Rau smiled as he sensed the approaching presence of Mu. The Alliance pilot had discovered another benefit of his increased awareness: He was now sure that his sensing range was superior to Rau's one. However, Alex had warned him that Rau was probably at the very least a latent New-Type.
 
Athrun blinked in surprise as his sensors detected the approach of the ZAFT Suit. “Commander?”
 
Haro wasn't happy. “I won't allow it!”
 
Rau contacted his elite pilot. “Athrun! Return to the ship with Miss Lacus!”
 
Kira had also detected the approaching of the two war machines. “Lieutenant La Flaga?”
 
The blond pilot was grim. “Did you two really believe they'd just sit back and watch?”
 
Athrun narrowed his eyes to the treason.
 
Kira sighed. “Too bad for them.”
 
Mu blinked. “Huh?”
 
In the rear of the Strike seat, the Psychic Illusion of a space-suited Alex disappeared.
 
Targeting!
 
The Russian-accented Mind Voice, echoing on the entire zone, froze everyone except Kira and Lacus.
 
Two red beams lanced through space from an elongated black Beam Rifle. The rushing CGUE saw its two main propulsion-wings sheared off by the incredibly precise attack to the surprise of its pilot. “WHAT?!”
 
With horror, Rau assisted at the apparition of the Mobile Suit Power-Armour Zeta Gundam on the shoulder of the Aegis, Targeting Goggles retracting and Beam Rifle still aimed on him.
 
Athrun gasped in dismay. “How can she do it?” He checked his instruments. “She doesn't register on any electromagnetic sensors! My proximity alarm should have detected her!” The Coordinator shook his head. Only his heat sensors had detected her when she fired. And now he could still only detected her Exo-Frame on his optical sensors. Was it Mirage Colloid with an Active Stealth System?
 
Having dissipated her Psychic Illusion which had cloaked her visual presence while the Minovski particles shielded her from electromagnetic detection, Alex aimed the Hyper Mega Launcher mounted on her left shoulder Weapon Mount. “Commander Rau Le Creuset!” She barked on a general channel. “I am in firing range with a Target Locked on your Vesalius! Think carefully!”
 
Athrun was very worried. He still remembered the incredibly powerful beam that managed to destroy the Karashi. Granted, the cruiser had been damaged earlier during the battle, but still… Suddenly, the girl on his lap leaned to the front controls. “Lacus. You could hurt yourself, so…”
 
The determined blue-eyed Coordinator switched the radio on the same general channel. “Commander Rau Le Creuset!”
 
The sweating masked man looked to his communication screen.
 
Lacus continued, authority ringing from her voice. “Stop it at once! Are you trying to turn this location into a battlefield when there is a representative of the memorial delegation here?”
 
Rau swore internally. `Shit! Why, at a time like this?'
 
The idol `knew' she had him. Under the bewildered gaze of her fiancé, she continued again. “I will not allow it! Stop your combat operations at once!”
 
The determined voice sounded on the command bridge of the Vesalius. Ades was sweating. He could see that the fate of his cruiser depended on the answer of the Commander Le Creuset. “Can you not hear me?”
 
Rau sighed and muttered under his breath. “What a troublesome young lady.” `Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do. This Exo-Frame would fry the Vesalius and then destroy me if I don't back off.' He opened the channel. “Roger that, Lacus Clyne.”
 
The badly damaged Suit turned back to its mother-ship. Athrun looked in wonderment into the blue-eyes of his fiancée. Haro flapped around. “I won't accept that! I won't accept that!” The pink-haired hidden New-Type giggled and beamed.
 
Alex opened skin-communication. “Representative Clyne! I'm letting now the Aegis returning you to the Vesalius. Dasvidania.”
 
Still pointing her weapons, Alex flew back to the Strike and the Moebius Zero.
 
Mu shook his head. “I'm not too sure about what just happened, but we're returning, too. We don't wanna stir up a hornet's nest.”
 
Kira felt emotionally drained. “Right.”
 
Alex snorted. “Especially if you don't know where the nest is.”
 
As the three warriors kicked in their thrusters, the Alliance Lieutenant chuckled then gazed on the departing enemy Suits. “That was one unbelievable pink Princess.” Mu blinked as he remarked the tears in the eyes of the two teenagers. “What's the matter?”
 
The two friends closed their eyes on a deep friendship ripped apart by the war. “No. It's nothing.”
 
In the infirmary of the Archangel, Fllay Allster looked on her gloved hands and the red aura surrounding her. “I won't let things remain like this.”
 
1234567890987654321
 
Preview:
 
The kind smile that departed into space and the lives that vanished.
Which one cannot be brought back?
The words lash out and the thoughts behind the words quietly accumulate until they trap Kira.
When one learns of the mission he is now given what pierces through to be emitted?
Alex is once again projected in her past role of the Sister of the very first MS Girl of her adopted universe.
Will she tempered the new red sword or will she cut herself on it?
 
Next, on MS Seed Girls, “The Awakening Sword, The Opening Of The Pandora's Box”.
In this space that you dash through, what will you give birth to, Gundam?
 
1234567890987654321
 
Notes: Here is another poll that I launch.
 
Vote for the next couple to appear in the eyecatch. The most humorous or best written will be diffused with your name of course.
 
Here are the rules:
The couple can be any sexes.
The couple must have some logic.
The couple are doing something non-combat oriented in a peaceful environment (although there could be humoristic exception).
The couple must be with another piece of equipment, a vehicle, a suit or other dancing around them.
Remember, vote and write now. I think I'll continue this as long as I write the story.
 
Here are the specs of the Buster Gundam:
 
Name: GAT X-103 Buster Gundam.
 
Height: 18.86 metres. Weight: 61.9 tons.
 
Armament:
Twin 220 mm Missile pods, one in each shoulder.
350 mm Gun-Launcher, handheld, in right hand.
94 mm High-Energy Beam Rifle, handheld, in left hand.
First combination of the main weapons: Hyper Impulse Long-Range Sniper Rifle.
Second combination of the main weapons: Anti-Armour Shotgun.
 
Thanks for their reviews to Holyknight5, Vampwriter and James Axelrad.
 
Thanks for the ideas to Holyknight5 and Vampwriter.
 
Thanks for the comments to James Axelrad.
 
Read, review, comment and send your ideas. Thanks and please.