Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Regrets ❯ The Opening ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Regrets
By Nareiya
 
Summary:
Cagalli feels that she is the biggest jerk in the whole world. If only she stopped him, then things would be different. But now that an opportunity opens, will she take the risk or not? Will she let him go again?
 
 
Chapter Two: The Opening
 
Cagalli stretched her arms and began to yawn, I'm feeling sleepy, she says to herself, “ If anyone looks for me, inform him that I'm out.”
 
 
Her secretary nodded in acknowledgement as she picked up her umbrella and made her way out.
 
 
In the Donut Shop…
 
Lunamaria can't decide for herself, will she take this customer or not? That was the first question in her mind.
 
 
Oh my gosh! Is this true or not? Is this guy who is about to order in my donut shop is the one and only Athrun Zala? Why is he he—
 
 
“Ms. Are you fine? You seem spaced out.” He pointed out the obvious.
 
 
She was no again, thinking back to reality. Lunamaria tried to sit straight, “ Is there anything you want, sir?”
 
 
He clasped his hands together, “ I would like to buy one box of strawberry donuts.”
 
 
She tapped a button and the chef from the baking room emerged and handed her the box, “Is that all sir?”
 
 
“Mia dear, do you what something else?” he asked the copy cat who just entered Luna's donut shop. If Luna may suggest one word to suit her, the word would be a whore! Now, Lunamaria can't help but wonder why did Athrun Zala gave up Cagalli just like that and proposed to a whore. Her eyebrows kept on twitching as Mia tries to seduce Athrun and lead him to a nearby hotel and do it.
 
 
Instead of answering Athrun's question, her EVIL eyes leaded to no one other than the innocent owner of the donut shop, Luna. She looked at her, top to bottom. She smirked at her, “ Honey, I don't need food to live but all I need is you.
 
 
Lunamaria's eyes widen due to the scene. Mia Campbell had just kissed Athrun Zala. She saw her whispering something to his ear and it made him nod.
 
 
“Uh Ms. I won't be ordering those.” Then they left. Luna clenched her fist not because of her financial lost but because of the nauseating scene.
 
 
In the Park…
 
 
Cagalli sat on one of the swings which made her smirk…
 
Start of Flashback
 
“Athrun, I'm tired! I think my legs aren't responding with the commands that my nerves are sending to it from my brain!” she complained.
 
 
Athrun gave her a quizzical look, “Cagalli, I'm I hearing things right? Did I just hear you saying a very scientific statement?”
 
 
She laughed nervously, “Well, you see…” she it was hard for her to admit that she did some vocabulary update rather than updating herself of the latest profanities, “Well…Athrun, I was just— What are you doing?”
 
 
Athrun manage to shove the kids playing at the swing, “Don't you want to sit, princess?”
 
 
“You didn't need to shove those kids away?” Wow, now, since when did she have a heart for those kinds of situations? Actually, she does not even know how that `phrase' came out from her mouth.
 
 
“Don't you want to sit? If you don't want, I can call those kids back if you want…”
 
 
She shook her head, sometimes she doesn't know if Athrun is really a genius or not, “Never mind.”
 
 
This made him smile.
 
 
End of Flashback
 
 
She looked at the sky, it was sure to rain although the weatherman didn't forecast it today. The blueness of the sky again reminded her of one person whom she loved and hated. It was no one other than Athrun Zala. Thinking of him made her heart ache so she closed her eyes.
 
 
If I would be given another chance, then I would really love him. If only I've be given a sec—
 
 
She opened her eyes and saw that it was raining harder and harder. She looked at herself, her clothes are wet! She stood up and as she was about to reach for her umbrella, the wind blew it away. Darn wind, that would she probably say if she was still the sixteen year old girl whom he met.
 
 
She started to run but she can't see anything. All of a sudden, she bumped someone holding a sapphire umbrella.
 
 
“Athrun…” she quoted.