Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Seed or Destiny? ❯ A walk down memory lane ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: A walk down memory lane!
Claim: Set 1, Romantic; Kira Yamato/Yzak Jule
Theme: Set 1, Theme 2 'Memory'
Genres: Romance/General
Pairings: Kira/Yzak, slight Romance
Word Count: 805
Rating: PG-13
Summary: Yzak mused as he recalled the various events leading up to where he stands now...

***

Yzak glanced to the side of his bed as he took in the peacefully sleeping figure, curling up to him. A smile lingered on his lips as he listened to the even sounds of breath playing itself out, as he observed the unmistakenable rise and fall of the chest of the other boy lying next to him. Reaching out a hand tenderly to brush aside strands of hair covering the boy's face, he placed a tender kiss on the latter's cheek.

A thought suddenly crossed his mind, /How did the two of them ended up where they are now?/ The question keep repeating itself in his mind, before he knew it; he was taking a walk down his memory lane.

The two had first encountered one another on a battlefield, each piloting a respective mobile suits for their respective teams. He was with the ZAFT while the other had been with the Earth Alliance. They were enemies, and they fought fiercely with one another. The latter had succeeded in nearly disfiguring his looks, it had taken him a long period of time and a good whole forty minutes talk with his mother to finally persuade him into letting the doctor performing a procedure to remove the scar from his face.

The first time they met face to face, was while his team were doing undercovering task in ORB. He hadn't known the other boy's identity back then, and wouldn't possibly discovered that the boy and the pilot were one of the same person if it weren't for the talk with Dearka during the final battle at L4, Mendal Colony. Dearka had mentioned the pilot of Freedom being the same as the one piloting the Strike, and that the pilot is actually a childhood friend of Athrun. However, he still had no idea they were the same boy they had seen in ORB when Athrun returned the electronic bird to the other.

It was not until he escorted Dearka back on board Archangel to receive medical attention, did he managed to catch a glimpse of the said pilot when Athrun and Cagalli arrived at the deck with Kira in tow. That was when he realized, Kira had actually been the boy whom Athrun exchanged a few words with back when they were in ORB thus Athrun was able to predict the fact that Archangel had been hiding in ORB all the while. He had initially thought it to be pure luck, but the reality had proven it otherwise.

The second time they met face to face, was when they were fighting one another again in Space. This time, Kira fought for the Kingdom of ORB instead of the Earth Alliance, while he, himself was fighting yet again for the ZAFT. However, he held back this time and merely allowing Kira to do as he pleased with his mobile suits. He didn't even care when he's surrounded by allies of ORB Military force, in fact, he felt at ease when he was escorted inside the Archangel together with Dearka. He didn't know what Athrun had revealed to the crew, but they had been rather accomodating to his and Dearka's presence. They didn't show any hostile reaction to them for attacking them, but that was soon forgotten when Kira returned back on board to Archangel.

He met Lacus then, and came to a realization that this was the real Lacus and not the one on PLANT who sided with their Chairman. Yet, he was in a dilemma. He had no idea what decision to make under such circumstances. In the end, he had chosen to remain on board of Archangel, leading his fellow teammates to believe him as M.I.A. Dearka, meanwhile, show no outward reaction to what he did with the team. After all, he knew for a fact, that Dearka wouldn't care less for what's going to happen to them if they were to be found by the highest authority of the PLANT Council.

Despite his worries for his mother, he had settled himself rather comfortably with the Archangel Crew. Before long, the war had been sorted out and new treaty between ORB and PLANT had been signed. He finally get to meet up with his mother, but instead of staying on PLANT. He had apologized to his mother and left for ORB with the rest of the Archangel crew. Two years had passed since then, but he'd never regretted his decision to leave his life in PLANT for ORB. Otherwise, he wouldn't be able to live in peace with Kira and learnt to see Naturals in a different way.

A soft snore from Kira jerked Yzak back into reality, leaning down to peck Kira gently on the cheek. Yzak flicked the lights off and crawled into bed beside Kira and fell into a deep slumber.

~Owari~

date started: 08/08/05

date completed: 08/08/05