Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ The SouL Of DarKneSs ❯ Survival ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4: Survival
 
Since two days, you had a great fever and your wounds didn't seem to heal very fast. You felt so lonely. Your body was hurting as your mind could. Has anybody try to find you? You were all alone, now, on your own... you tried to break away, but you failed... and Orga threatened you and you didn't want him to be on you again. It was him who made things worse...
One day, when you felt better, you suceeded to get outof your private room. The soldier who was suppose to guard you was in great discussion wit another, so you walked away. You didn't want to try to get away again... even if that what they're gonna think. You just walked slowly in the corridors, like a ghost. After a while, you found that you were going into circles `shit, look like I'm lost'. You reached a very big room with computer and stuff. You surprised someone who was already there, but hadn't see you yet. It was Shani. He was listening to music on the computer as he was doing kind of push-up on the ground. He hadn't his uniform on anymore. He almost fell back on the floor when he saw you. “w-What are you doing here??” He stood up and stared to you with distrust. You blushed immediatly without knowing why. “I only wanted to take a little walk. Don't worry, I wasn't planning to get out or anything...” “Seem like Steve didn't do his job right” he said while he was lowing the music. “Uh-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to disturb you. I'll go right into the chamber...” “I don't suggest you that, because Orga will arrive from a mission and if you crossed him while you get back...” “I... i understand... I will wait few minutes, then. Is that okay if I just sit there?” he nodded as he walked up to the biggest computer you ever saw. He started to unplugged things and he seem to be very concentrate. You were playing with a pencil who was laying on the small desk above you. “For how many years have your worked in the Earth Alliance?” you suddendly asked to him. “hum—where's that one again—what?”
you repeated your question. “I don't know. Too many.” “and how come you can pilot perfectly a gundam? Are you a coordinator, like this Kira Yamato?” “No, I'm not” that's all he said for five minutes, and it started to annoyed you. He was not very social, he's the kind to answer two words. “Is Orga you friend or only a comrade?” you asked again. This time, he didn't even replied. “You're such a talker” he simply said after a while. “Why don't you shut up for a sec?” this made you even more angry and you decided to leave. Talking to him was like talking to a wall.
As you crossed the long hallways, you suddendly hit someone as you were turning an intersection. Your body froze in numb and you almost chocked. It was Orga. His face had a neutral expression, who grew to anger very fast. You could imagine him slugging you right away. He could even kill you with his eyes. “What are you doing here?” he asked, saying slowly each word, like he tried to hide his anger. You stammered in surprise and fear, but you felt a hand running trough your shoulder. “she was with me” said the voice of shani, right behind you. Orga stared furiously at his comrade. “What do you mean???” “I mean that I took her along with me, do you have a problem with that?” Orga didn't answer, because he was too furious to talk. The anger streamed his throat. Then he walked away with huge steps. “I'll take you back, now” he whisperd to your ears.
When you entered the room, Shani opened the little window to let the fresh wind leaks in. You sat down on the bed, you heart still pounding in you chest. “Why did you do that? Why did you backup me?” “To save you” he answered with a thin smile. “but... why???” He looked out of the window. “Because... I've learned so much more into your moves and actions then in your sentences. When I saw you escaped, it was like I've seen myself. You're like me. I just know it. We're different at some points-but in the end, we are both seeking for the same thing.”
What he just said touched you deeply. You lips were almost shaking. “I never ever did something to help others, because I didn't mind the fuck at all. But last day, I was ready to let you go. I don't know what the hell is wrong with me. You're my ennemy, i know that. But in an other conception, you're... you're...” he stopped as he looked away once more “I can't find the exact word... “You really think that even know I'm a coordinator?” you interrumpted him. “I can be considerate like a coordinator as well. All my data bases have been deleted and modified to fit a coordinator's mind. It's an experiment with toxic substances and everything. All three of us got it” “But... it's terrible!” “The supreme council was the one to think about this plot, but they don't give a damn about us.” He bented his head down and his hair moved the way you could see all his face. You gasped in surprise. He stared back at you, noticing your surprise. You soflty pull his hair that hides the left side of his face. He let you did that without saying a single word. You saw it well, he had different color of eye! “Is that a result from the experiment?” you asked, touched. He put back his head with a severe look. “No, it have always been like this...” You were sort of sorry for him, and you saw that is was annoying him to have such a default. “Don't worry, you have really cute eyes! “Uh—Well thanks...” He stared at the floor. You really meant it. “I have to go now” he suddendly said. “Take care” and he left, leaving you all alone in the room. You sighed “yeah... I will”.
 
**to Shani and Orga POV** Orga was sitting on a chair, and he put his legs on the table beside. He passed a hand trough his hair as he drank something in a bottle. Shani arrived into the room, surprised to see him there. “what are ya doing here??” he asked, a bit confused. “nuthing special...” Shani didn't mind at all and he sat on a chair as he started to concentrate on the computer he was working at. Orga stood up and walked toward him. “Therefore, there's something I wanted to clarrify with you.” “About what?” Shani wasn't even listenong to his comrade. Orga hit the desk with his two hands. Shani didn't even jumped in surprise. “I never said you could start to take some walks all along with that bitch!” “You never defend me neither” replied Shani, as calm as ever. Orga grabbed shani's collar aggressively. “I'm getting tired of you” he muttered, furious. “ You always have to add something. Don't try to do the hard-haided with me or—“ “Or what? If you think that budge me to be threaten... By you, for insistance, I don't give a shit. You know as well as me that I can easily beat you.” “I would like to see that!!” “whenever you want” said Shani as he grabbed orga's hand to let him free. Orga had a soft laugh, almost evil. “What's so funny??” “bah...” he chuckled with a smirk. “You have a crush for her, don't you??” shani's face grew angry and he stood up in front of Orga. “I never thought you could have some kind of feelings toward someone...” continued Orga, happy to see how he could make Shanie angry. “Yeah, and right now, I have this feeling, so strong that it could drive me to slug you” “well-well-well, look like I've touched your weak point” he smirked evily. “Don't say silly stuff, if I helped her it's because she make me think of me.” “At least, you're right on that point. That must explains why I hate her so much...” Shani frowned his eyebrow in anger. “Yeah, right, you're both the same...” continued Orga. “Wild and careless of the world. That's funny.” He nodded he walked away, leaving behing his comrade. Shani sat back on the chair and opened a program and started to listen to music. Loud. Very loud.
 
You never expected this, but shani came again to visit you and he even bring you outside so you could have some fresh air. He said that you had to health well and stay in the bed won't help. You were so grateful to him, it seems that you haven't been out since a hundred of years. Somehow, even know you were in a desert, there was little trees and grass around. You were walking slowoly because your stomach was still hurting, as a matter of fact. You both didn't talk. Shani had his hands in his pocket and he was looking in a certain direction, and you in another. “It feels so good” you finally said. “The wind in the desert bring forth some kind of hope and wisdom, didn't you think so?” He kind of shrugged his shoulders. You smiled.
Suddendly, Clotho appeared behind you two. “Shani!!! Come with me right now!!” “What's the matter, dude?” “Ship from ZAFT are coming trough! They had appeared in the southern and they will be here soon!” You felt your heart pounding in your breast. Zaft was coming?? Did they get here to liberate you???
Shani ordored you follow him and he put you back into your room and asked you to stay here to be more safe. Then he disspeared. He was going in his forbidden gundam to meet the front of ship in the Southern.
You didn't know how many time he had been gone, but you could heard the noise of the explsion. You were sitting in your bed. You wanted to get out, right now. You could stole a ship and go right trough the Zaft's ships, even know Shani asked you to stay here.
You finally decided to get out. There was many soldiers and the corridors and they intecepted you. You hadn't too much strengh so you couldn't try to escape. They just take you along with them to a very big room were everybody was stick. There was screen, comuters and people everywhere. It was the control room. On the screens, you could see the gundam of Zaft fighting the ones of the Earth Alliance. You recognized Athrun's Gundam, and you smile with joy. They were coming to get you back!
After a while, Orga, Shani and Clotho withdrew back to the base, leaving behind the ZAFT forces. You heard people screaming to evacuate the base. You didn't know where to go. You stayed there for a moment, like numbed. You were watching the ships on the srceens. The Earth Alliance understood that they couldn't defend themselves and they were evacuating. What about the Gundam pilot's??
Something explode, outside, and all the base started to tremble like hell. You gasped in surprise and you almsot fell. You decide to run away from here.
As you were running trough the base, someone brabbed you by the shoulder and you almost scream out loud. You turned back to see shani. He had still his pilot's outfit, be he had no longer his cask. “We can't stay here” he just said. “Follow me” He took your hand as you managed to follow him in the whole base. Where was he taking you????
You finally got outside. You could saw the big ships coming trough, and some soldiers were desperatly trying to counterstrike, but they knew they could do anything. Abruptly, Shani your two shoulders and lead you to him. “You have to go, now” he said. “You ships are coming, you'll reach them. Don't worry, the pilots will saw you.” “but... and you???” “don't worry” he repeated “I'll be evacuted with the others and my gundam. They won't follow us.” You nodded, a little sad. “thank you... Thanks for all you did...” He grabbed your chin and made you look to him right into his eyes (well, the one you could see) then he approached his face slowly and kissed you with impetiousity. You gasped in surpise, but you felt all your body melted and big shiver was running trough your back. Then it was already finished, and he stared at you with a bit of sadness. “We'll meet back, I promise. I have to leave now. G'by” He let go your shoudlers and run away. You still couldn't say a single word and your cheeks were all red. Did he actually kissed you??? You couldn't believe it.
You saw the four familiar gundam approching the base, flying trough the high cliffs. You made great signlas so they coul see them.
Dearka's mobile suit stood in front of you and it knelt down. “So here you are, baby!!” he shouted with the same soft voice. “are you ok??” “Yeah. Glad to see you back!” He laughed as the hand of the gundam grabbed you softly. “we're going home” said Dearka.
 
 
You were so happy to see everyone. Nicol hugged you tight and you almost chocked. “Nice to see you, buddy” you said to him. “You worried us!” he told you with a happy smile. “Hey, Athrun! How ya feel??” He nodded with a wide smile. “Fine. I'm glad to see you again. You had luck, you know, we could ccidently killed you...” “that wouldn't have bother me” said the cold voice of Yzak, just behing Athrun. “Hey, I love you too, Yzak” you shouted to him, ironic, with a fake smile. “You almost missed me” He groaned and gave you a bad look. “You should thank your hero, Miss” said Dearka as he suddendly grapped your waist. “You are ALL me heros!” “aww, how cute” muttered Yzak. “Yep, even you Yzak. Anyway, I'm glad to see you all. I can't believe you came right from space for me.” “it's nothing...” sais Athrun. “I'm sure you would have done the same thing. Your our comrade, after all.” “hey, thanks!!” sou said as you hugged him, too. “Hey, Am i the only one that you haven't huggedt yet??” shouted Dearka. You wanted to tease him, just like that. You went to hug him and you passed your arms around his neck. “as my saver, maybe you deserve something more” his smile grew wider. In a second, your hands reached the botoom of his back, he tought that you wanted to take his butt but you just pulled up his underwear!!!(yep, even in his unifrom, let's say you can do this (you):what's the fuck?? Why did i do that?? Me: ah get lost it's just funny... haven't you did that once in your life???)
Everyone started to laugh out loud and Dearka tried deseperatly to get his underwears into place. He was really red, but he was more shy then angry. “aww, sorry, Dearka, I couldn't help it... Forgive me, here to cheer you” You gave him a little kiss on the cheek and his face changed into hundred of different reds. “seems like everyone is happy, now” said Rau Le Creuset, who just entered the room. “Hi, commander!” you shouted with a grin. “Hi, Sara, I,m pleased that you're back” “it's all thank to you...” “Yes...” he whispered an uncertain voice. “maybe I talk to you a minute?” “sure” you followed him outside then you reached his office. “have you met the gundam pilot from the Earth Alliance?” he asked. Well, yes. You know, I was on the lands in the north of the base, then I think I got a little too far. They surprised me and I couldn't defend myself at tme and they were three against me...” “Do you know their names??” “Shani...” you immediatly answered. “Orga... and Clotho, I think....” he nodded, but he looked kinda worry or busy. “They took me to their base. At firs, they tought I was a spy or something. I tried to explain but I'm not sure they beleived me. I tried to escape--I assure you. But I got shot and I fainted. There's not much more to say after that...” You didn't want to tell about Shani... you suddendly gave him a weird look. “I didn't know there was a base there... did you know it?” He didn't answered. And how did you find me back??” you added with an uncertain voice. “there's something I must admit...” said Rau with a soft voice. “We did know about the base and all...” he hadn't to tell more, you just understood everything “You I was une luring?? You used me??” you asked with anger. “Humm... Yes...” You coudln'T beleive it!!! “why???” “We had to inlay their base, to know at least were it was. The better solution was to send someone. We couldn't send war ships and try to find them. We had to be more subtule. So we sent YOU” You couldn't talked. You were very furious and you satred at your commander like you wanna kill him. “But why at least you didn't just tell me??” “To tell you may have ruin everything. Your story was good, and they beleive-in part, in it. You didn't fail your mission. You completed it exactly like I have predict it. “You predicted they were going to capture me because I was a girl?” “I predicted EVERYTHING.”
You tried to caml down. A mission was a mission. Eve if he had tell you, you would have do it. You couldn't refuse orders. But AT LEAST, he could advised you or something! “I'm very sorry of all this, Sara” he said. “it's ok... I guess I can't complain. But next time, will you advise me?” “As you want...” you nodded. You were no longer angry, but only a little disapointed. “Don't do such a face, I have good news. we're going back in space. You'll unwind as you want, but I'll keep you bus. So sleep tight, cause we're leaving tomorrow” You didn't know if that was a good new at all.
 
As Rau promised you, you had a lot of job to do. You were so busy that sometimes you couldn't even eat. You had to fly all over the space with the others, to attack or for recognition missions. You had to make long researches too and to keep training at the same time. This had last about two weeks. In the end, we were so exausted that you almost fell asleep as you were walking. You joinde the guys who were eating to the dinning-room.
“Is anyone of you have a trick to recover more on sleep??” you asked as you grabbed a drink. “No sorry, I'm in the same state as you” answered Nicol with a sigh. “I'm soo tired!” muttered Dearka. “look at my face. I have plenty of ugly ring under my eyes...” “I think I need a little coffee” said Athrun as he walked toward the machine. “I heard that Rau wanted to send us to Copernicus city on the moon to settle things” said Yzak, who was more pale then ever. I can't that this anymore, I'll fall asleep into my gundam” whispered Nicol with a sad voice.
This was nothing again. Rau had again a lot of job for all of you. As Yzak said, you went to Copernicus city and things drop out and it finished into a big and long fight. Then he sent you to the Mendel colony. Again there, things hadn't go as he predicted it and ended again into a long fight...
After almost a month, you all went back to the mother-ship, in space. You were all almost laying on the benches. Dearka had put his forehead on the table and he didn't move. You had crossed your arms on your stomach as your eyes were trying to close by themselves. Yzak wanted to look tough, but he was as tired as you were. Athrun was the only one who seems in great shape, because he was the only one who was standing on his legs at this moment. Nicol was in front of you and he had hide his face into his arms on the table, like he sleeps.
At this time, Rau came trough the room and you sighed as you exchanged a worried look with Athrun. “Hey, guys, you looked so terrible!” “You would be tired, too, if you had done all we did since last weeks” you replied. “don't be so irritated. I have good news” “we don't have the deinition of good news” said Dearka who was sitting straight, now. “Come on, you all did a very great job. I'm proud of you. So to reward you all, I planned to get back with the plant's fow a week or two, to relaxed a little bit.” Dearka jumped out why a happy cry and nicol almost drop out of the bench. “So long...” whispered Athrun with an enjoyed smile. “We're going to lead you an appartment, Sara” said Rau. “you don't hae any house there so we will get you one. We're going home”