Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Trapped ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Gundam Seed, or any of the characters in it. I do own the concept of this story, though.
 
Chapter 3: Reunions
 
We had just been freed, and we were finally leaving this evil place forever.
 
We walked outside, but to our shock, there was only a small plane that couldn't even fit many of us. They herded a few of us into that one, sent for more ships, and took off.
 
I deliberately avoided going on that ship. For some reason, I thought it might be better to avoid Athrun. I'm not sure why, maybe because it was too public to talk to him.
 
He seemed shocked to see me, almost disbelieving, and he would probably need some more time recover from that shock. But after that, I thought he would be fine, and we would eventually talk. You can't delay it forever, right?
 
After I finished thinking about that, my thoughts drifted to my family. They would be shocked at what happened. I guessed my mother would faint or be speechless. My father would probably express rage towards whoever did it.
 
The rest of the PLANTS, Orb, and the rest of Earth would be shocked, too. It would definitely cause some sort of further investigation of the Earth Alliance. Possibly cause a political scandal too.
 
If ZAFT was as outraged as I thought they would be, it could increase the fighting, assuming the war was still going on. But if the war wasn't going on, it could escalate to another war. But that's all assuming Orb wouldn't cover it up.
 
If I learned one thing from my father, it's that government organizations would often cover up the real truth with some falsified information.
 
Eventually, the two ships that were sent for us came, a large one and a small one, both Silverwind-class ships, and we all climbed in. I went in the bigger one; assuming that an equal amount of people would go in each, so in the bigger one people would have more room. Apparently, almost everyone else assumed that as well, since it was very crowded in there. Everybody was pretty much shoulder to shoulder, and everybody was moving about, trying to get away from the others, making the situation even more uncomfortable. I got tired of this and somehow shoved myself into the corner, away from the others.
 
Again, I started wondering about my old life. It would be hard to readjust to it, since I had been living away for so long. It would be hard to do everyday activities, such as shopping or going out for a walk, or meeting people I knew.
 
The trip on the ship was short, and we soon got there. We landed in a hanger used for other civilian ships, and before we got off, the pilot of the ship spoke to us, “Everybody, remain calm when getting off. You will be escorted to a room where you will be informed of everything that you need to know.”
 
There was a general sense of excitement as we got off the ship, and were escorted by soldiers to a large room, as the pilot said. There were more guards in the room and many computers arranged in isles, with walkways at both sides. Other former captives were using all of the computers, too.
 
The blond haired girl - Cagalli, stood up on a platform with a microphone, Athrun and the other guard - Kisaka next to her, “Welcome to Orb,” she announced, “For the past whatever amount of time, you have been at that facility by the Earth Alliance, as prisoners of war. The war has since ended, and a treaty has been signed. However, to keep the peace, the official story is that terrorists captured you for unknown purposes after you were all found injured in combat.”
 
Yep, they changed the story, no surprise there. She continued talking, “What the others here are doing is, using a historical record of the war, they are finding out what happened to them and others close to them who were involved with politics during and after the war. And when a computer becomes empty, you will be escorted to temporary living quarters until the story is released. Also, feel free to fill an empty computer, without killing everyone else around you.”
 
After she stopped talking, there was a small murmur in the group. A few people, like me, went to either walkway, hoping to procure a spot on a computer first. A computer became freed up on the other side, and there was a rush to it. A few from this side went over to false hopes of getting it. Most stayed on this side, though. A computer, closer to this side this time, freed up, and there was a mad rush to it. I was beaten to it by another person, who surpassed me halfway, and I snapped angrily. While I was on my way back, feeling slightly dejected, another computer in the back opened, and I was easily able to get it.
 
I smiled briefly, and got searching for my name. It came back with a few results, most notably my father's name. I was undecided what to click on first, but decided to find out myself.
 
I read over the basic facts, like on what ship I stationed on, or what I piloted. I skimmed over the rest, until I came across a small part that said “Status: KIA by Earth Forces on 4.15” I wasn't that surprised. I wasn't sure, but I'm sure it was the date when the Blitz was destroyed. I went back, and clicked on my father's name. It also listed basic facts about him. Again I skimmed to the bottom, stopping only when I saw my name, and the letters KIA, when it was talking about relatives. When I reached the bottom, it said he was still a member of the PLANT Supreme Council. I wasn't this time, either, since he was devoted to the PLANTs.
 
I hesitated for a second, wondering if there was anyone else I should find out about, and then I typed Commander Le Crueze. I found his name, and then found out he was killed during the battle that ended the war. I then proceeded to type in Yzak's and Dearka's names. I quickly found out what had happened to them, with Dearka being demoted for some reason, and Yzak being promoted. Feeling satisfied, I stood up and walked to the back of the room where I would be escorted somewhere.
 
When I got there, I noticed there was no one else there except for girl Cagalli and her guards. The guards supposed to escort me were missing, probably escorting someone else. Cagalli apparently noticed this after a few seconds, and said, “Oh! Um…there are no guards here right now…”
 
“Cagalli, um…. I'll escort him,” Athrun replied, slightly hesitant.
 
“Ok.”
 
After she said that, there was an awkward silence for a few seconds, and Athrun walked in front of me. I followed him. Once we left the room, the silence continued. When we finally turned a corner, he muttered, “Nicol…”
 
I replied, but with a bit more confidence, “Athrun…”
 
“What happened, Nicol?
 
“What do you mean `what happened?'”
 
“I mean, what happened after the Blitz was destroyed! You were inside it! You got hit with a beam saber! How did you survive?”
 
“I don't know. I just did. I lost consciousness after the explosion, and then I was captured. I have no idea what happened to me. But what happened to you? How did you become a member of Orb?
 
“Well, after your de…disappearance, I got promoted. But there was a… problem with the people inside ZAFT. So I switched to Orb and neutrality, and the war ended a little while later.”
 
“And what happened at the end of the war?”
 
“ZAFT tried to destroy the Earth Alliance with a super weapon. The Earth Alliance tried to destroy the Plants with nuclear weapons. They both launched a big battle with Orb participated, and eventually, both sides were stopped, and an agreement was signed.”
 
“Oh….” I said, slightly confused, “So…what else has happened?
 
“The agreements were signed three months ago, but the PLANTS and Earth still don't get along…”
 
There was another awkward silence as we continued walking. After a minute, I finally said. “What happened to my parents?”
 
“I'm not sure. Sorry. I know your father wasn't arrested after the war. But I don't really know…”
 
There was another silence, but then Athrun finally asked something it seemed like he had wanted to ask, “Nicol…. after this, are you going back to the PLANTS?”
 
I shrugged, “Yeah, I guess so. I had always imagined if I got freed, I would go back there again. Besides, my parents are up there, and I really need to see them.”
 
“But after all they did?”
 
“Athrun, I barely know what they did. Besides, looking past that, what other reasons are there to not live in the PLANTs?”
 
Athrun stuttered for a second, but couldn't come up with a response. He had a look of disappointment on his face. He looked down, and said, “If it's…bad there, if you don't like it, you know you can came here to Orb, right?”
 
“Ok, thanks Athrun.”
 
We took another left, and reached a door. He opened it, and said, “Here it is, your temporary living quarters,” before we hugged. “See you later?” he asked me.
 
I stopped and thought for a second, before smiling, and answering, “Yeah. I'll see you later.” I then hugged him again, and walked into my room.
 
Author's Notes:
 
Well, it's the end if my story and I feel it's an ok ending. On the topic of the character from the last chapter who received no mention this chapter, I'll explain, for anyone who might be confused. He was originally intended to be Miguel, but I thought that might take the focus of the story away from Nicol. But I did leave a quick hint, mentioning blond hair, but I decided to keep it up to the reader's imagination. Also, for anyone who was confused, Athrun's reaction was NOT meant to be he didn't believe it was Nicol, it was just that he was in a state of shock. I thought it was a reaction Athrun might have. Thanks to all you have read and liked it, and special thanks to Far