Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Your Revolution is a Joke ❯ Your Revolution is a Joke ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I don't own Gundam SEED or Your Revolution is a Joke by Funeral for a Friend.
 
Warning: OOCness
 
 
Miriallia stepped onto the cool cement floor. It felt like forever since she had been to Earth. Sure, she had been to Alaska, but she didn't count the times she had spent fighting. It was all over now. The war, her time in space, her relationship with Tolle. A frustrated look flashed across her face. Why was it that no matter what she thought about, she always managed to think about Tolle? He wouldn't have wanted her to dwell on him. He'd want her to move on, to start enjoying life again, so why couldn't she? `Because of Him' her subconscious told her. Stupid voice, only popping up when it was most unwanted.
“Miriallia!” A voice shouted. It was the same voice that had always been there for her before. The one that had lulled her to sleep when she was sick, the one that had comforted her when she needed it most. It was the voice that had once seemed all knowing. It could relate to anything she felt. Except for this. It could never understand what she was going through.
“Hi mom.” She muttered, before being yanked into an air-restricting hug. Why wasn't she happy to see her? This was her mother, her best friend. `Because you know she'll just tell you that everything will be okay.' Why wouldn't that voice shut up?
“Oh Milly. I was so worried about you, and then when I heard about To-“ It stopped. The voice that had always said all the right things had stopped. Opening her eyes, Miriallia saw her father with his hand on her mother's shoulder. He had stopped her. Why? Because it would hurt? It was bound to hurt. Everything would hurt.
 
~*~They stand to fight for nothing.
We show them how stupid we've become.
As fortune favors only,
those who care to much to see.~*~
 
He watched her step off the ship, walking blindly in the direction of the exit. Was she still upset about that guy? Sure, he could understand losing a friend, but he had gotten over it. Why couldn't she? “Women” He muttered. They were so confusing. It was as if they could totally push their emotions away one minute, but the next they were bursting with it. So confusing.
 
 
She felt the tears coming, and she was powerless to stop them. In truth, she didn't really want to, but her friends were watching. As were her enemies. Releasing her mother, she continued on her way towards the exit. She didn't stop to look back. She couldn't. It was too hard. She knew what she would see. Sai would be worried. He'd have a sympathetic smile on his face, as if he were trying to comfort her. He and Kira would understand. The last time she had been here was when she was with Tolle. Their families had gone on vacation together. Kira wouldn't make eye contact. He wouldn't know what to do. She smiled a little. He's always been awkward like that. The others probably wouldn't even be paying attention. They'd either be inside their designated ships, or watching others. All but Him. He'd be watching her. He'd probably have a smirk on his face. Either that or he would look confused. The tears were coming harder now. When would she see them all again? Or coarse not. All would include Tolle.
 
 
~*~Oh it will never be okay,
as some will say.
We stand to fight for nothing,
so close your eyes and stay away.
Don't believe their headlines
they poison our lives, everyday~*~

He stared after her. He was supposed to wait on the Archangel, until accommodations had been made for his stay on Orb, but he couldn't. He felt like he was missing something. Biting his lip, he steeled his emotions. He would go. He'd follow her. He had no idea what he'd do after that, but he'd never really been one for planning ahead. Glancing around, Dearka stepped casually off the Archangel, and onto the cold concrete if the hangar. He jogged in the same direction as she'd gone, hoping to catch up with her.
 
Miriallia sighed. She didn't know why, but she'd secretly been hoping that somebody would come out, tell her that she could stay with them, with people who could relate to her. Sai was probably hoping the same thing. Daring a backwards glance, she saw him standing with his parents, smiling. Or maybe he was glad to be off that ship. She didn't want to be on the ship as much as she wanted to be with those on board it.
 
He was almost there. He had to catch up. Unconsciously picking up speed, he ran out the door she had gone through just seconds before. He almost stopped completely when he saw the car start. Almost. “Miriallia!” He called to her.
 
Her head snapped around. Someone had come. Looking through the window, she saw who it was. Yes, somebody had come. Him. He had come. She stared at him. What should she do?
Miriallia, do you know this man?” She didn't reply. She didn't think. She just acted. She pushed her door open, and ran towards him. She wrapped her arms around him and cried. She just let everything out.
 
 
Oh it will never be the same,
the purpose bearing everyday.
The lies that lead you into the grave.
As some will say.
 
He gasped as she threw herself at him. What should he do? Should he hug her back? Awkwardly, her wrapped his arms around her.
“Let's go back” She whispered. She wanted to go back?
“Milly!” A voice came from the car. “Milly come back here! We need to get going!” When she made no move to go, “MIRIALLIA!”
“You should go.” She shook her head. She couldn't go back to them. The house would be filled with false comfort. She didn't want, or need that. She needed to be around people who could understand. “She's coming with me.” Was all he said, before releasing her from the hug, and walking back towards the Archangel.
 
Sai looked up as he heard feet pounding past him. Dearka? What was he doing? Unless… “Mir” He muttered.
“What was that?” His father asked. Sai looked up, not realizing that he'd said it out loud.
“Uh, nothing.” He replied. “C'mon, let's go.” They started towards the exit when Sai was yanked backwards. He yelped and started struggling.
“You're coming back with us. She'll want to talk to you.” It was Dearka. Walking with Miriallia. Since when did he know who Miriallia would want to talk to? At least, that's who Sai assumed `she' was. Who else would it be?
 
She walked quietly with Dearka. What force had compelled her to do such a thing, to throw herself at him like that? `Love.' Not that voice again. Wait. Love? She couldn't love Dearka. She still cared about Tolle. Not only that, but she hardly even knew the guy. Tolle must hate her. She had hardly even mourned his loss, and already she was moving on. She had never considered herself as a rebound girl, but that was what this was. A rebound. Right? She couldn't possibly really love another so soon, if ever. The tears were coming even harder now. She was so confused. And she must look like some kind of freak. Here she was, coming home from war, and she was crying. `Because you're not home. Not without Tolle.' What was that voice's problem? First it was trying to convince her that she loved Dearka, which was totally impossible. And now it wanted her to love Tolle. Why couldn't she make up her mind?
 
 
~*~And you will never be okay,
as some will say.
Purpose bearing everyday,
as some will say.
Lies that lead you to the grave,
as some will say.~*~
 
Miriallia was knocked out of her thoughts when she felt a tug coming from Dearka's other side. Glancing over, she saw Sai being dragged backwards towards the Archangel. It almost made her want to laugh. Almost. Apparently Sai would be coming along as well. But why would Dearka want to bring Sai along as well? Unless he… he thought she would feel better. Why would he think that? `Because it's true. That voice was getting really cocky now. It was all she could do to keep herself from smacking herself to make it go away. She heard Sai protesting, and his parents calling to him. Sniffling, she wiped her tears with her thumb and smiled a bit. She was seeing a side of Dearka she had never seen before. She wasn't sure how it was different. Dearka was still popping wisecracks at every protest Sai made, but everything just felt different.
 
Things would never be the same. No, they couldn't be, but, different was okay.
 
 
~*~your revolution is a joke,
as I will say..~*~
 
A/n: I know, the song isn't the most fitting song ever, but I was listening to it when this idea popped into my head. This is also shorter then I expected it to be. This is my first Gundam SEED fic ever; so let me know how I did. I know there's a fair bit of OOCness and everything, but you were warned in the summary. I may consider continuing this, as I have many ideas for it.