Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Your Revolution is a Joke ❯ In Your Hands ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: Well, I took a three-day break before I started this… and it was more my guilt then my muse that got me writing this. I had exams, so I was busy studying! *Everybody: Eye roll* Well… I was pretending to study. Thanks to all my reviewers. I really enjoy your support. I'll try to set a page up for my review responses on my website.
 
The song for this one is: In Your Hands by Thrice
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Gundam SEED or In Your Hands by Thrice.
 

Bound to this couch, I lie in waiting
watching wind blown memories slip by my window sill
I can't fall asleep, voice in my head disturbs me
waking nightmares keep, have my cries fallen on deaf ears
can you hear me or am I....
What had she done? She shook her head as she looked at him in fear. She couldn't stand it. Looking into those eyes. She felt like such a traitor! How could she have done this to Tolle? Unable to think of anything better to do under the circumstances, she ran. Dashing down the stairs, turning down any halls she saw. How could she have been so stupid? She felt like a coward. She couldn't even resist him. Why not? She loved Tolle, not him. It was impossible to love more than one person wasn't it?
 
What the hell? One minute she had been all over him, and now she was hysterically fleeing to god knows where. It was only a kiss, nothing too special. Realization struck him. She was still all hung up over the other guy, wasn't she? He had thought when she was able to talk to Athrun about him that she was over that. Apparently not. He should probably go find her before someone else did.
 
Yzak was wandering the halls aimlessly. What had Dearka been thinking, sharing a bed with a natural girl? Heh, not that he'd have to worry about it much longer. He'd received a call from his mother earlier that morning. She would be there to pick him up later that day. He knew he should get Dearka to come with him, but he couldn't resist hearing about all the trouble Dearka caused later. He smirked knowingly. If Dearka had caused that much of a scene so soon into his stay here, it could only get worse. Sure, they were friends, but they were friends who loved to make each other suffer. Yzak was jarred from his thoughts when he noticed an orange blur come charging at him. What the…? It was Dearka's little natural girlfriend. Judging from the sounds coming from her, she wasn't exactly feeling all `sunshine and butterflies'. What was she so upset about? Acting without thinking, he reached out and grabbed her arm as she ran by.
 
He had to find Dearka. Miriallia could only protect him so much, and she wasn't going to totally cover for him this time. The guy had gone way to far. Kira had no idea what he would say to the bastard when he met up with him, but something told him that he would come up with the right words. Before this all started He would have said Miriallia was like the little sister he never had, but now, that would pretty much sum up his relationship with Cagalli, only with her, it was literal. How different would things be for them right now if they had never gotten involved in the war? He would have no idea Cagalli even existed, his friends probably wouldn't know he was a coordinator, and Tolle would still be with them. Kira shook his head to clear his thoughts. No use dwelling on what could have been when there were so many things to be done. He kept on walking, hoping he was looking in the right area of the mansion. Apparently he was because he soon saw the man he was looking for.
“Hey.” He called out, getting Dearka's attention. The guy turned around at the sound of his name being called.
“Yeah?”
“Uh, do you have a minute?”
“Well, actually I was just looking for Miriallia.”
“Then you have a few minutes to spare.” Kira said forcefully. “I need to talk to you about her. She wouldn't want me to beat the crap out of you, so I need to tell you a few things about her.”
“Uh… Oh kay?”
“She is like a sister to me, and if you ever hurt her, I won't hesitate to take whatever action is necessary.”
“Listen, I know she's important to you, but I think we can leave this speech to her fathe-”
“Not only that, but if you ever try to pull a stunt like you did last night, I will destroy that face of yours.”
“Uh, isn't that a little harsh?”
“It may be, but emotionally she's been to hell and back in a day, and I will not let you or any other guy hurt her. If I hear from anybody that you have told her of this talk or misbehaved in any way, I will not hesitate to harm you.”
“Uhh, isn't the whole' trying to scare all the boys away' tactic supposed to be for her father?”
“I think you'll take me a lot more seriously than you would her father.”
“Um, can I go now?” This was really creeping Dearka out. Ah, but this would be a story to tell the grandkids. `When I was your age, I did things in the wrong order. I met your grandmother, slept with her, then got the `scary father talk' from a guy who wasn't even her father.” He smirked.
“What's that smirk for? I hope you understand the seriousness of this conversation.”
“Yes Sir!” Dearka barked, and mock saluted.
 

Talking to myself again, is there anybody listening
are you taking this in, am I wasting my breath
tell me, is the wind in your sails worth everything you give
are you looking for something, forgiveness
 
The girl was muttering something about being so sorry, and she really hoped somebody would understand.
“Who are you apologizing to?” He snarled. He had no idea what had inspired him to grab her, but he had to come up with a quick cover.
“Uh-No-nothin- why do you care?” She asked, sounding almost shocked. Shit. He'd hoped she wouldn't ask him that.
“Your muttering is getting annoying. I think I deserve an explanation for my annoyance.
 
Why him? Why did he of all people find her? How could Dearka stand to be around this guy? He was such a jerk, and suddenly he was acting -in a very strange way- like he cared about her, but pushing it off as annoyance. And now he wanted an explanation for her behavior. She couldn't exactly just leave when he had a death-grip on her arm. Mentally shaking her head, she wiped her arms with her free hand.
“I'm fine.” She said icily.
“That's not what I asked.” Their voices were rising.
“Well that's the answer I'm giving.”
“You should watch how you talk natural.” Oh the nerve! She just wanted to scream at him. How dare he make a comment like that? She had to think fast for a good comeback before she looked like a pathetic idiot.
“Yzak, I believe you should be the one who watches his mouth.” A third voice commanded. As soon as Yzak heard it, his grip on her arm loosened. As she glanced over at him, she noticed the `oh shit' expression on his face. Looking to where the voice came from, she saw a female version of Yzak. Wow. That had to be his mother. She looked exactly like him.
“Uh… Hi mom.” He stuttered. He sounded nervous. Not at all like the vicious beast he had been a minute ago.
 
Athrun sighed as he heard a commotion outside his room. It sounded like Yzak was picking on somebody. He got up with another sigh, and made his way to his door. Standing there was the last thing he expected to see. Yzak, Miriallia and Ezalia Joule. What exactly had been going on? Yzak looked scared, Miriallia looked surprised and a little red-eyed. -Had she been crying?- And Ezalia looked stern. Apparently she was upset with Yzak. Hmmm. Just when he'd thought this day couldn't get any more interesting.
 
After Kira had turned a corner, Dearka dashed the other way. That kid was even scarier out of his mobile suit than he was in it. `Note to self: Don't piss Kira off.' Easier said than done. He wouldn't be able to be in the same room as Miriallia without getting seriously injured. That it, assuming Kira's threats weren't empty. Why did he care? There were tons of other girls out there, who cared if he couldn't have this one? Not him. He had no reason to. Why did he want her? She was probably the only girl he'd ever liked who wouldn't swoon whenever she saw him smile. Whoa. Who said anything about liking? He shook his head in an attempt to clear it. He was just confused. Dearka continued his trek down the hallway, until he came to a dead end. Why the hell would there be a hallway with no doors that just stopped? He leaned against a wall, and slowly slid down until he was sitting on the floor. Leaning his head against the wall he heard raised voices. Dearka sighed. This was going to be a long day.
 
I leave it up to you, I guess I'm better off removed
because the situations growing too thick,
in your hands
 
Maybe he had been a little harsh with his threats when he'd been talking to Dearka. No. From what he knew about that guy, his head was way to thick. Kira had to be harsh to get his point through. Hell, the only reason he'd left was because the hallway was getting a little crowded, with Dearka's ego and all. That guy was way too over confident.
 
Shit. Shitshitshitshitshitdamnshitshitshitshit. Of coarse his mother was going to be all politically correct with the treaty signing, even if it wasn't in public. She had to show she supported the treaty. But why did she have to walk in right when he was having a yelling match with Dearka's girlfriend? And to top off this sunshine sundae of delight, Athrun just had to pop out to see what was going on. Just dandy.
 
Miriallia felt extremely awkward. She felt as if everybody was staring at her, though she couldn't help but wonder how they could see through the awkward silence. It was so thick. Like mud. It was blinding her. Crap! Was she going to faint for real this time? No. She wouldn't.
“Hello. I'm, Ezalia Joule, and you are…?” Yzak's mother held out her hand. She was introducing herself. She had to pull herself together.
“Uh, Hi, I'm Miriallia Haw.” She shook her hand. There. That hadn't been so hard. Nobody was dead. Nobody passed out. Nobody was going to be burned at the stake. Noticing the death-glares that were being sent to Yzak courtesy of Ezalia. So, maybe somebody would be burned at the stake. But at least it wouldn't be her. Apparently she hadn't been the only one to notice the awkward silence.
“Yzak, are you ready to go?” She directed the question to Yzak, but her eyes were on Athrun.
“Yes.”
“Then we shall be going. It was nice to meet you Miss Haw. Zala.” She finished with a nod in Athrun's direction. She left without another word. Miriallia stood there for a while, staring at the place where Ezalia had been a moment before.
“Well that was… interesting.” Athrun said, breaking the silence.
“You know, in some strange way, I pity him. He looked like he was about to be slaughtered.”
“I doubt it. There are punishments much worse than death.” Athrun said before slipping back into his room and shutting the door behind him. Miriallia stood there for a while longer before shaking her head slowly and walking towards the kitchen.
 
Dearka was so confused. She had kissed him back and then run off. If she truly felt that bad about it then why did she kiss him in the first place? Unless there was something else but what? Damnit. Why did women have to be co confusing? Why just run around doing whatever crazy thing your emotions told you to do when you could just be straightforward like men were? Dearka shook his head. Maybe he should try being gay. It would be so much easier. Oh well, the ball was in Miriallia's court now. What she chose to do was totally up to her.
 
Could it have been something I said,
or was it something that I did
did I ruin my chance, have you written me off
tell me where did I cross the line,
and can I work my way back this time
will I always regret this decision
I leave it up to you,
I hope you find a good excuse because
I've given about all that I can give,
in your hands
 
Once she was safe inside the kitchen, Miriallia plopped into a chair, dropped her head onto the table and groaned. This earned her some strange looks from the others in the kitchen, Lacus, Cagalli and Sai. Sensing that she was being watched, She lifted her head, and peered through her hair that had fallen over her face when she'd sat down.
“Will this day ever end?” She asked them.
“In another 14 hours and 47 minutes.” Cagalli replied. Miriallia groaned. It was just after nine and she already felt like dying.
“I would ask if this day could get any worse, but something tells me it could.” She said in an annoyed tone.
“Coffee?” Sai asked holding out a mug. Miriallia shook her head no, and plunked her head back onto the table.
 
Kira ventured into the kitchen and took the mug being held out by Sai and downed in one gulp. This was followed by grimacing and sounds that made it clear that Sai would never get a job at Starbucks. Kira wandered over to the table with a carton of juice in hand, and sat down beside Miriallia, and commenced chugging the juice strait from the carton in an attempt to wash the taste of Sai's `coffee' out of his mouth. He stopped when he heard Cagalli cough behind him.
“You know, that's the only juice we have in the house.” She half yelled. Kira looked at her with an eyebrow raised as if asking her what her point was. Before he could get his head bitten off, Miriallia intervened.
“Something tells me you've never tried Sai's coffee before.” She said, trying not to giggle. Cagalli looked at her expectantly. “Let's just say, if you knew what it was like, you'd understand Kira's situation.”
“It's not that bad!” Sai pouted. Miriallia got up to get some water. She patted his back as she wandered past him.
“You think that Sai, you think that.”
“Forgetting the coffee, I was thinking that we should all try to do something fun today.” Lacus said, trying to make peace.
“Like what?” Kira asked, placing the now empty carton on the table.
“Maybe like going to a movie or something.”
“Maybe it would be better to have a movie marathon here.” Miriallia suggested, not really feeling up to going out. Lacus nodded.
“Something tells me our troublemaker in-residence would cause a scene if we went anywhere public today.” Cagalli pointed out.
 
 
Are you taking this in am I wasting my breath
did I ruin my chance, have you written me off
Dearka sat in his hallway for a while longer until he finally deemed it safe to leave. Wondering where to go, he decided that food sounded really good. Once he walked into the kitchen he was bombarded with questions. He couldn't make out anything that was being said.
“What's this all about?” He asked sounding dazed.
“Movie marathon. Tonight. We need to know what to get, including food. So speak.” Cagalli told him. Dearka raised an eyebrow at the `speak' command, but decided to ignore it.
“Get something scary or suspenseful. And anything that will take 5 years off my life is good for food.”
 
Miriallia tried to disappear into her chair before Dearka could see her. She really didn't want to confront him right now. Not in front of everybody. But, as luck would have it, he looked over at her, and everybody stopped talking. Why her? Why? He looked away, and this sent the awkward meter sky-high.
“Where's Zala?” He asked, trying to act as if nothing had happened. He was amazed that nobody had made any attempt to maul him yet. Maybe he truly was forgiven. Somehow, he doubted that, but it was okay to hope. Just as the question was asked, Athrun walked in. He was immediately bombarded with the same questions Dearka had been attacked with. He looked back at where Miriallia had been sitting, only to find the chair empty. He sighed and headed out of the kitchen, determined to find her.
 

I could try to count the times that I've been through this in my mind,
but I'm running out of fingers and I don't have that much time
 
 
A/N: I feel like people make Miriallia `jump' at Dearka too quickly without her even thinking about Tolle most of the time. I really wanted to express the regret I think she would have felt if she was with Dearka that soon after the war. That's pretty much what this chapter was about… And Kira getting protective ^.^
 
I may take longer to update the next 2-3 chapters. I just ordered Gundam SEED Destiny complete collection off Ebay, so I'll probably be glued to my TV screen. I would have gotten this out sooner, but one of my stories got deleted, and I had a 5-day posting ban. (Which is why I quickly removed all the lyrics from my chapters)