Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Yuy Twins: Episode Zero ❯ Yuy Twins Part 2 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I own none of this.
The Yuy Twins (Part 2)
The same day…
Explosions could be heard in the distance as the two boys made their way through the streets of the colony. One was smaller than the other but contrary to popular belief they were brothers; twins in fact.
Both appeared to be slightly Japanese and both had the same messy hair. There were some differences though. The smaller of the two boys had messy black hair and emerald green eyes. The other was taller and had messy brown hair and sapphire blue eyes. Together they walked the streets; ignoring the explosions behind them and the life they had left behind.
If you could even call it a life. They were nameless faces. They must have had names once but their Aunt and Uncle had called them nothing but `freak' or `boy' before they sold them to Odin Lowe. So they had no name. They had nothing but each other.
The emerald eyed one looked over at the other boy. “Aniki? Do you regret anything?”
The blue eyed child turned to look at the other questioningly.
“I mean do you regret learning what we did from Odin?”
The blue eyed child shook his head. “No; it is all we know after all.”
Green eyes focused on the ground as he reached out and clasped his brothers hand in his small one.
“Your right I guess. Do you think he might have cared though?”
The older one thought about the last thing Odin had said to them before he died.
“Yeah; I think he might have.”
“Hey.”
Both boys looked over into the alley beside them. An old man sat there in a white lab coat.
“You two have good eyes.”
They said nothing; though the emerald eyed one did grip his brothers hand tighter.
“You two want to become Gundam Pilots? Originally I was only going to make one but you both have unlimited potential.”
Both boys shared a look; their eyes hardening. What did they have to lose other than each other?
“Sure.”
They would stay together; just as they always had. Even if this was all they could do.
The best way to live one's life is to act on your emotions.
0000000000
A.C. 192
Dr. J observed the twins he had picked up so many years ago. They had grown and he was pleased with their growth. They had already had some training from their previous caretaker Odin Lowe; but he had expanded their horizons and focused on fields that would suit them each individually. What he found most amusing and satisfying about the pair was that they were pretty much complete opposites of each other.
The pair were still nameless but they didn't seem to mind; he rarely addressed just one of them anyway. They did everything together; the perfect team. They had refused to be separated as children and refused to be separated as teens. He almost pitied OZ. Almost.
The pair were trained for anything and everything and were the best at what they did. They complemented one another in almost everything. The taller and older of the pair had messy brown hair and hard blue eyes; eyes that only softened when they landed on the other. He was strong; able to bend metal with his bare hands. He dealt more with guns than anything else though he was trained to handle other weapons.
The shorter and younger of the pair had messy black hair and startling emerald green eyes that showed nothing but his happiness at being near his brother. He was the slimmer of the pair; dealing more in speed and precision than anything else. He was a more close ranged specialized fighter. He didn't have his brothers hard hits but he was often too fast and flexible for most fighters to catch. He too was trained in other weapons.
There were other things that made them a great pair. The older one's mind was rather set in his way, while the younger one could make plans on the fly and then force his brother to make a compromise. The elder one was silent and often intimidating. While the younger one was shy and; if he knew you; could be talkative. Their bodies were also opposites; the elder tall and strong, and the younger small and lithe.
Even those differences though couldn't be more intriguing than their lesser known traits. When he had first taken the pair in he had done DNA tests; being the one of the original scientists who often used experiments to achieve his goals; and while he hadn't found out either of their names; thanks to a screw up by the Alliance; he was able to discover an unusual anomaly.
The boys both had a mother and two fathers though their DNA was too off for that. Ninety Eight percent going to one father and the other two percent being split between the other two parents. This had led him to the conclusion that they had been purposefully made that way and after looking further into the DNA he had found his answer.
The creation of the one called Weapon X by the military was well known and for a scientist who had worked with genetic manipulation before he could recognize that DNA anywhere. He had also seen their healing factors first hand which had led to putting them in a combat situation with just their own fists; to try to release the rest of their major fathers DNA traits.
He had succeeded and in the end the pair had gained the bone claws their father had originally been known for. The two had accepted his explanations and had continued to work on their claws in order to master their new weapons. They were just as diligent with that as they were with any other task given to them. Though he had been on the receiving end of what appeared to be the older one's own mutation; one most likely from the little bit of DNA from their other parents. The feral boy had made the ground beneath them shake as he defended his brother.
When asked the boys mentioned something like that happening a few times before and had also acknowledged another trait. It had been thought for centuries that twins had an uncommon connection; like their own brand of the mutants telepathy; but these two were living proof that it could go farther than that in mutants.
The two had realized when they were young that it was dangerous for them to feel certain emotions. Whenever the older one was experiencing strong positive emotions things seemed to get out of control and the opposite was true for the younger one; strong negative emotions had things going out of control. When asked to specify that they said that for the older one the ground would shake and for the younger the wind always seemed to blow.
They said they had solved this problem by focusing on first the emotion and then on the one who could handle the emotions. Over time it had just become second nature and now they could no longer stop. As he had not seen any kind of wind control from the younger Dr. J was content to leave the two as they were. But now; he had something he needed to bring up with them.
He had altered their bodies just enough to enhance Weapon X's DNA traits in the boys; it would take something pretty big or a lot of stress to take this pair down. Now he needed to complete the boys skeletal frames. If they let him of course.
000000000
“Boys.”
The pair looked up and locked their jewel toned eyes on the old Scientist.
“I have recently gotten orders for an experiment but it is up to you two whether or not it will take place. If not then I will falsify the documents.”
The elder watched him with blank eyes as he squeezed his brother's hand in reasureance. “What kind of experiment?”
Dr. J grinned. “As you have realized you heal faster than should be possible. There is in fact a reason for this.”
He knew he had caught there interest when the younger had lifted his brothers hand to his cheek, something he sometimes did when the other was uncomfortable.
“When you first came here I looked into your DNA, you both have one mother and two fathers, though it seems this was done purposely. Your major father is the one often called Weapon X by the military.”
The elder raised an eyebrow as he watched the old man. That didn't ring any bells with them; though looking at the old man he wasn't sure it should. He allowed his brother to ask their questions; content to listen and analyze what was said.
“Weapon X was a mutant a number of years back. No one really knows how old he is but it is recorded that he was at least in World War II from the Before Colony era. (A/N: note I am making it so that the wars stay the same but it took him longer to find the X-men).”
Both boys took in this fact with only the slight widening of their eyes to give away their amazement.
“A number of years back, he agreed to be part of an experiment to bond an unbreakable metal called Adamantium to his skeleton. This caused the bone claws which the two of you have inherited from him become coated in the same metal. He now has Adamantium claws.”
Dr. J observed the pair; trying to judge their reactions to this.
“It was later decided that he was too dangerous to keep alive and they set out to destroy him and failed. He is still alive today as far as I know.”
The twins obsorbed all of this before turning their attention back to the Dr.
“So what is it you want with us? To do the same procedure as what was done on Weapon X?”
Dr. J nodded as he looked from one to the other.
“That's right. The procedure is very painful and there is a chance you might die. It is said that even Weapon X plat lined for a time. But it is up to the two of you.”
The younger one looked to his brother and met his eyes. He knew what they would do but…
“We'll do it. But we have a condition.”
Dr. J looked at the younger one in confusion and curiosity.
“Yes?”
The older one wrapped his arm around his little brother as he spoke.
“If one of us is to die you kill the other one too.”
Dr. J watched them both before nodding his acceptance. He had thought they would ask this of him. They had never been separated before; and to have to be separated by death would most likely destroy the other and everything around him.
“I accept.”
0000000000000
Dr. J watched alongside some of his helpers and the boys trainers as the twins thrashed under the pain of the procedure. He knew they could make it out of this. They had a strong resolve in the other. They would not give up until they knew for sure their reason for living was gone. J frowned as the forms suddenly went still.
“Sir, they've flat lined. …At the same time sir.”
J smirked.
“So then; their connection is deep enough that one of them felt the other die and gave up as well. Now all we have to do is wait for the one who went under first to come back.”
A slow beep soon filled the room. Soon followed by another and then another as both of the boys came back and the procedure finally came to an end.
J smirked from his spot above them looking down into the tanks which held the boys and spoke, knowing that with their advanced senses they could hear him.
“There you go boys; all done.”
As the crew went down to retrieve the two they all cried out as they were knocked to the ground by strong winds ripping through the room. J used his claw like hand to grab onto the rail in front of him and watched; oddly satisfied as the wind came through and pulled both boys from the water and over to the area prepared for their recovery.
“Well then; looks like the only things that need to be done now are to finish your training and finish you Gundams.”
0000000000000000
Pilots 00 and 01 had been chosen.