Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ One way ticket ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I'm terrible sorry about introducing so many OC's in this fic, but it's necessary; you don't want the ghost of Treize as a prisoner, do you? There's only a few Original Character's in fanfics that I actually like, or at least accept as a good person with a cool personality, but I'm doing my best with mine. I'm re-reading my favourite GW-fanfictions now, and right now I'm reading "Gundam Wing Genesis" by Ashkara. Wonderful story if you ask me! It won the "A little piece of Gundam Wing"- contest in the category "Best Multipart"!

Disclaimer: In the prologue!

^^^^^^^^^^

One way ticket - Part 4

^^^^^^^^^^

"Hey, Maxwell!"

"Huh?" Duo snapped awake and looked wildly around him to see who had woken him up. He groaned and fell back on his bed when he saw that is was Beval, who watched him through the bars that luckily enough separated them. Why couldn't the twins leave him alone? They seemed to like him but also detest him in a strange way. Not even Duo, who had experience in reading humans.

Beval smirked, his yellowish teeth just visible as he held up a picture on a little girl. A little girl with blue-black hair that framed her pretty darkly tanned face, and dark brown or maybe black eyes, like Wufei's. She smiled at whoever had taken the photo, and looked perfectly happy about her life in general.

Duo frowned as he made his way over to Beval to get a better look of the picture. "Who's that?" he asked, but he already knew the answer. No one could prove anything, but some people said that Beval Larsen had killed his wife and 6-year-old daughter. //Disgusting//

"She was my daughter, Mary. Someone killed her when she was six, ripped her stomach out. My wife hung in the bathroom, in a rope that encircled her neck. Her eye globes were ripped out." Beval smirked, even wider. "They weren't pretty anymore."

"No?" `Good one, Duo. A point for the dumbest answer this year!' He could almost hear the sarcasm that soaked his own thoughts and resisted his urge to smack himself on the head.

Suddenly, Beval's smirk disappeared as he threw the photo on the floor and he started to stomp on it, while screaming in rage. "They." stamp "Weren't." stamp "Pretty." stamp "Anymore!!!!" stamp.

Duo could only stare in surprise. He had known the twins for a week now, and they had NOT shown any signs on being psychologically disturbed, if you didn't counted their scary smirks or unnatural cheerfulness. Suddenly, he felt something grab his shoulders, and he realized that Beval had him in a firm, if not hard, grip.

He did the only thing he could think of; and what he did was reaction from the wars. He punched Beval, through the bars, in his face, or more exactly; on his nose. It wasn't a very hard blow, the grip on his shoulders prevented that, but hard enough to make Beval let him go, and back a few steps. Beval did also seemingly calm down; he stood in his cell and looked like he tried to breath normally again. Blood streamed down from his nose and fell on the cold grey floor, still not enough to make a puddle since the fabric of his clothes caught the most of it.

Duo didn't bother to say anything, he went to bed immediately.

^^^^^^^^

Quatre frowned at the scene from the security-cameras that still played in his memory; Beval Andersen, grabbing Duo and screaming something that he couldn't hear, then Duo punching him. He wasn't sure if it was a good thing or not, and from the look on Trowa's face, he wasn't sure either. Not that Trowa's face showed all that much anyway..

If you looked closely, you could actually see a small frown under that long bang of his, but it wasn't visible enough to be counted.

Quatre went over to watching Wufei's reaction instead. Wufei stood leaned against the door and if you wanted to describe his face in one word; that word could only be "Irritated", and an irritated Wufei was not a good thing. He gulped and decided to take the coward's way out.

"Umm, I'm going to get some lunch, okay?" He waited until Wufei had moved from the door, and then he quickly went through it.

Walking down the hall of the main building of the Preventers HQ on his way to the cafeteria he could only think one thing and he said it out aloud. "Saved.."

^^^^^^^^

Inside the room, Wufei and Trowa blinked at the now closed door that Quatre had disappeared through.

"What was that?" Wufei asked, and was only answered with a shrug.

Suddenly, Wufei remembered something. "I met Heero yesterday"

Trowa raised an eyebrow elegantly, "Oh?"

"Yes, I was, eh.." Wufei paused, as he didn't want Trowa to find out that their meeting had taken place in a nightclub. "..Out with Sally when we ran into each other. He was worried about Duo, but I assured him that everything was fine."

"Was everything okay with miss Noventa?"

Wufei snorted and looked annoyed once again. "She was an imprudent brat."

An eyebrow rose. "Oh, how so?"

"She flirted with Heero."

A small smirk curved Trowa's lips. "Really, how did he take it?"

"He wasn't happy." Wufei couldn't hold back a grin as he thought of how Marie had tried to get eye contact with Heero, and failed miserably. Of course, Heero had glared at everything BUT Marie's eyes. It had been an amusing sight, especially with Sally trying to make a conversation with both Heero and Marie.

"How long will he be gone?"

"Heero, you mean? I would guess about another two weeks if nothing comes up. The warning was probably a sick joke, but she, miss Marie, will be told to have company all the time."

"Do you think that Heero will tell her that he has a boyfriend?"

"No idea, want to bet?"

"Don't you already have one going on?"

"With Duo? Yeah, if he can get "one with the universe", then I'll have to make a strip tease on a Preventer cafeteria table. It'll be fun to watch. Still want to bet?"

"Hmm, 5 dollars on that he will tell her."

They shared a mockingly formal handshake. "Accepted."

^^^^^^^^^^

"Winner?"

Said person turned his head from the spaghetti he had bought and found Larry, a new recruit, watching him uncertainly. "Yes, Larry," he paused for a while. Larry Smyth was Quatre's nephew, even if the age-difference only was by one year." Or do I have to say Mr. Smyth?"

The young man shook his head violently. "Oh, no, call me Larry if you want! I was sent to tell you that miss Poe wanted to talk to you."

Quatre smiled calmly. "Tell her I'm coming after I've had my lunch, okay?"

"Yes sir!" Larry turned around and started to walk down the corridor again.

"Larry? Did she say what she wanted to talk about?"

The young recruit stopped and turned around with a small smile on his face. "Nope, but I heard her rant about a Zechs Marquise and officer Noin."

`That explained some things' was Quatre's thought.

^^^^^^^^^^

Sally mumbled under her breath as she irritably searched for a lost paper on her messy desk. "..I'm going to tie him up and.. " She searched in the top drawer to the left for a second time. "He'll agree, or I.." She went down on her knees and peered under her desk. "..will kick his ass.." She finally started to dig in her paper-basket.

"Oh, there it is!" She smoothed the wrinkled paper out with a satisfied sound that came from he lips. She sat up on her chair again and straightened her uniform with her fingers.

A knock was heard from the door and Sally asked impatiently. "Who is it?"

"Quatre" The voice was slightly muffled because of the thick wooden door between the speaker and Sally, but she couldn't mistake her on who it was.

"Oh, come in, the door is unlocked."

Quatre opened the door and peered into the room. "Sure it's okay? You sounded quite aggressive to me. Promise not to bite?"

Sally snorted. "You're acting like Duo now, Quatre leave the joking department to him."

Quatre put his hands in his pockets and kicked an invisible stone as he walked into the office "I'm trying to keep the mood up here, Sally. We all need it, you know!"

"Yeah, I know. Anyway.." she picked the still somewhat crumpled paper up from the table and gesticulated around with it as she spoke. "Lady Une left this to me and told me to give it to you. It's a letter from one of the prisoners lawyer." She gave the letter to Quatre. "Une wanted you to inspect it and check for some kind of a secret code in it. You'll have this day before we must give this to Raidon Nunokawa, the prisoner in question."

"I'll do that."

"Fine. Ask Trowa to help you. Two brains work better than one." Sally smiled. "But if you two work together, you might get distracted?"

Quatre did NOT want to give his friend the blush she hoped, so he decided to change the subject. "What is this about Noin and Zechs, Sally?"

Sally visible cringed at those words and then frowned at Quatre. "Are you sure that you aren't a mind-reader or something? Zechs is arriving this night, and somehow I don't think that he'll be happy about letting Noin on this plane, especially with the risks that is included."

"May I ask why? Zechs hasn't been overly protective with Noin earlier, has he?" Quatre looked slightly surprised.

Sally cringed once again and spoke. "She hasn't told you about it? I'm so sorry Quatre, but I thought you knew."

"Knew what?"

"That they are getting married. Zechs apparently asked Noin before he went to Mars and he left her thinking about it. She told me about it and she has decided to say `yes'." Sally was amused by Quatre's reaction. At first, he didn't seem to react to the announcement, then he started to smile, wider and wider before exploding in happiness.

"Oh, Allah! He finally asked her that!? And she will agree! I have to congratulate them, oh Sally, I'm so happy for them!!" He bounced over to the chair where Sally was sitting and hugged her hard. She laughed at him.

"Quatre, please remember that she hasn't told you yet. You'll have to wait until they break the news to us all."

He gave her an indignant look. "That's so unfair, Sally." He whined and she laughed once again at his displeasure.

"Anyway, Noin was worried about how she would break the news about the mission without him getting all bothersome. Can you give me some advice?" She gave Quatre a puppy-eyed look and Quatre chuckled at her.

"Well, tell her say it to him calmly, like it's nothing important. While giving him massage is a good idea, and it's fun to see the person in question slowly react."

Sally giggled at a mental image of a half naked Zechs jumping of a bed and roaring in anger. She pushed it away until later and dismissed Quatre.

"That was all, Quatre. Good luck with the letter, and remember; don't tell anyone about the marriage or I'll have to kill ya! See you!"

Quatre waved at her as he went outside the office.

^^^^^^^^

TBC..

^^^^^^^^

Uhh, I know I promised that I should let them onto the plane now, but my fingers decided otherwise.

By the way, Raidon means "Thunder God" if anyone's interested.

Did you like this chapter? What was good, and what was bad about it? Tell me in a review. If you hated it, then tell me why; don't just say `This sucks' or something, it makes me sad.. *sniff* Anyone seen "Hellsing"? It's an awesome series!