Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Strange Trip ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

STRANGE TRIP

Part 4

Waitresses Wanted

Ranma looked at the sign again. Not another waitress job, but these were the only types of work he could find that offered night hours. If I have to wear another skimpy outfit and try to avoid perverts all night I think am gonna kill someone, Ranma sighed to him self. He went to a nearby restaurant and order a pitcher of ice water and napkins. A few minutes later he, now a she, was back at the club offering the waitress job. Switch Hitters waitresses wore cute little baseball outfits, white and blue pinstripes shorts with cut off tops and caps to match. Well it's better than a skirt Ranma thought even though the shorts barely covered his butt.

"Hey honey, two screw drivers," said a loud tourist. Ranma got the two drinks and went back to the man.

"Hey you're new right," the guy said leering at him and slapping him on the butt. Ranma was about to flatten him with the tray when the guy whipped out a 2,000 yen and slipped it in his pocket.

"When you get off of work girlie," the man breathed. His breath was nothing but alcoholic fumes.

2,000 yen was enough to make Ranma far more tolerant. "Soon," he cooed. Maybe this could be enterprising after all, he thought.

"Ranma there are other customers," the manager yelled. He watched the new girl move about, she seemed flirty type. Rats! Not another one, the manager thought. The last waitress he had ran off with a customer during the middle of a shift. The twit even took the tray and drinks she was serving at the time. He was going to have to keep an eye on that one.

Halfway through the night Ranma realized that he was making quite a bit in tips. This place was definitely better than the last two. At least these lechers paid for the quickie feelies.

"Over here woman," called a young Chinese guy. The guy seemed too young be here but Ranma didn't care he just hoped he was a big tipper also.

* * * * * * * * * * *

After brief introductions they headed to a club call the Switch Hitters. They saddled up to the bar and after Duo finished his beer he hit the dance floor. Wufei was glad to see him go he wanted time alone with Ryoga. Ryoga not being a dancer stayed with Wufei and they both got second drinks and looked for good place to view the dance floor. They found some on a balcony right under the over-head lights. The music was not so deafening there.

"Wow your friend looks great. I could never go out there without looking stupid," Ryoga confessed looking down.

Wufei glanced down onto the dance floor-Duo was easy to spot. Several girls had surrounded him and he was easily exchanging partners with them. His black jeans and jacket looked stylish and he could just make out a white tee underneath. Wufei had donned his usually black Chinese string pants and white tank top.

Their coordinating colors had made them seem almost a couple and Ryoga started to feel a little unsophisticated around such worldly guys. He glanced at Wufei from the corner of his eyes. This guy was not from around here

"I also admire Duo's relaxed attitude. He is always like that. It may fool people into thinking that he is never serious or smart but behind that facade is a very intelligent and strong personality. He is a good friend," Wufei replied glancing at Ryoga. He found the other watching him intently. He smiled softly noticing that he had finished his drink so Wufei ordered him another. He continued the conversation hoping to work up to asking him about the springs.

"I have officially made him my student when we were recently in China," Wufei said. "Have you ever been to China?"

"Yes, I travel quite of bit. I am forever in search," Ryoga said ardently gulping down his drink.

Wufei called a waitress over, "over here woman another."

"Ryoga what are you doing here," Ranma said surprised.

"Who are you?" Ryoga said trying to focus on the face. This day was getting stranger by the minute first some guys befriend him now a pretty girl is calling him by name. Ryoga didn't recognized Ranma in the baseball get up and being slightly drunk didn't help.

"What do you mean who am I you twit and you are not supposed to be drinking, you're just a kid," Ranma admonished him.

Ryoga winced at her tone and immediately realized it was Ranma. Only Ranma would want to humiliate him in a public place.

"Well neither are you!" Ryoga blurted out.

Ranma puffed up ready to flatten Ryoga when he realized they were not alone. The Chinese guy with him was frowning even more and he felt eyes upon him. He glanced behind him to find the manager watching. He guy had been watching him all day.

"Shut up you jerk," Ranma hissed.

"You're shameless, dressed like that. You're not even-," Ryoga said while Ranma tried valiantly to hush him.

Wufei realized that if he didn't get rid of this woman she may blow his chance of getting information out of Ryoga, besides the fact that the foolish woman was causing a scene. In space he was old enough to be in such a place but rules on earth were different. He also could be thrown out.

"Hey, they hire underage workers that's amoral," Wufei yelled noticing the manager was watching.

"What's this," said the manager hoping the stave off a scene. He knew that new waitress was trouble. He should have id her. "Kasey serve these gentlemen. I'm so sorry sirs she just started and I didn't get her paper work done," he said grabbing Ranma and dragging him away.

Ranma found him self unceremoniously shoved into the back alley of the club. "Hey you owe me a nights wages," Ranma shouted at the club manager.

"Yeah and you lied to me so am not paying you," the manager said.

"Oh, I'll go to the authorities and tell them you serve minors."

"You! You wretched girl here," the manager said handing Ranma a 10,000 yen. "Now beat it, if I catch you around here again I'll call the cops myself."

Ranma left fuming, damn Ryoga, that job would have paid for both trips easily within a couple of days. He had already made over 17,000 yen in one night.

Ranma fumed for a bit as he walked home. After a while he started to wonder about Ryoga's companion. Who was that guy? Ranma was about to turn around but remembered what the manager said. No he couldn't go back there, he would have to find Ryoga tomorrow.

* * * * * * * * * * *

Wufei and Ryoga's next drinks were on the house. Not being used to alcohol Ryoga was getting sloshed rather quickly. Now that the troublesome female was done Wufei continued working on Ryoga.

"So you are always on a search, well my family originally came from China if you are looking for something maybe I can be of help," Wufei offered.

"No, I could never trouble you with my personal problems. I must get rid of this curse once and for all," Ryoga said passionately and drunkenly.

"A curse? It wouldn't be a curse from the sacred hot springs," Wufei questioned.

"Yes, how did you know? Do you know a cure? Oh, please I beg you. If you know a cure please tell me," Ryoga pleaded.

He had drunkenly slipped onto his knees and was starting to cause a scene. Not again, Wufei thought. He glanced around and noticed Duo had left the dance floor. He was probably heading towards them-with Ryoga in this state Duo was bound to hear him blabbing about the cursed springs. He needed to get them alone somewhere, fast.

"I can't talk about it here. You must come to my room. We'll have privacy there," Wufei told him. That said Wufei pulled Ryoga up to his feet and headed out of the club.

Duo was heading towards them when he noticed Wufei and Ryoga's sudden departure. He tried to catch them at the door but there were too many people in the way. He called out but they could not hear him with all the noise. Duo quickly tried to catch up but lost sight of them in the streets. It's no fun to party alone, Duo thought. He decided he would head back to the hotel.

Ryoga was quite drunk so he kept leaning more and more on Wufei and they traveled to the hotel. When they got there Wufei realized that he could not walked though the front doors with Ryoga. He didn't want to bump into one of the others so he decided to enter from the back where the pool was. Ryoga was pretty heavy-his damn umbrella weight a ton, the thing looked to be made of solid iron. As Wufei led Ryoga along the walkway he tried to void the patches of wet and slippery tiles but it was bound to happen.

They were half way across the pool when Ryoga slipped. He pulled Wufei right along with him. As the cold water closed over their heads Wufei held onto the umbrella thinking that the guy was going to drown. His face broke the surface for a second but then he was dragged back under. He released the umbrella and kicked strongly to break the surface again.

"Help," he gasped out. He was suddenly too weak to pull the guy up. Wufei tried again feeling his hand close on something soft and hairy.

Duo heard a woman's cry for help as he was just about to enter the hotel. It had sounded like it was coming from the pool area. Without a second thought Duo ran in that direction.

* * * * * * * * * * *

"Help! Cough, help!"

Duo saw a young girl struggling in the pool. He quickly reached over and pulled her to the edge. That's when he realized that she was struggling with something.

"Help me he's going to drown."

At first Duo couldn't see whom she was talking about then he notice something black floating in the water. A dog? Duo thought as he reached for the animal. No, it was a pig.

"Miss I have your pig," Duo said slipping an arm under her and hauling her out of the pool. She was light and small but rather well endowed. As Duo got a good look at the girl he realized that she was the same girl from the ritual site. Her gaze was completely focus on the sluggishly moving pig in Duo's hands.

"I think he'll be fine," Duo said reassuringly. He could feel the little animal's heart beating. "The cold water must have shocked him," Duo commented handing her the animal. He noticed that she was shivering.

She was completely soaked and the thin light colored tank top was practically see-thru. Duo enjoyed a good long look before slipping off his jacket and throwing it over her shoulders. "Here you seem cold," Duo said stepping closer to her.

Duo's stepping closer brought Wufei out of his shock at seeing the pig. Maybe that crazy guide was not lying after all he was thinking when suddenly Duo threw his jacket over his shoulders.

Wufei instantly jerked away pushing at Duo with his other hand. He had underestimated the fact he was now much lighter than Duo and still rather close to the edge of the pool. Instead of Duo going backwards he nearly went flying back into the pool but quick thinking Duo grabbed him and pulled him close. Immediately, Wufei started to struggle even more.

"Hey, it's okay I'm not going to hurt you," Duo said quietly. His lips were pressed against the girl's ear.

"Let go of me," he cried out. He never felt so vulnerable before in his life. Duo let go and stepped back. Wufei dashed off into the hotel clutching the little pig to his chest.

Duo watched her go. He could have easily have caught her with his longer legs but that would have to wait. So she is staying at the same hotel, he thought. Well he would be seeing you again surely.