Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Strange Trip ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

STRANGE TRIP

Part 6

"Maybe you have something there with the ancestors. There is a young woman named Shampoo. She is from an ancient Chinese Amazon tribe. She had lost face with her tribe and fell into disfavor. She then went to the springs and ended up falling into the spring of drowned cat. She believes like you it has something to do with tribal laws or some such. But I have done nothing to cause shame and I'm not from any tribe. So it must be the cursed springs," Ryoga argued.

"And exactly how did you manage to fall into the springs," Wufei asked.

"I didn't fall into the springs, I was pushed in by Ranma," Ryoga said.

"Ranma," Wufei repeated. Did he mean the girl from last night?

"Yes, he is my nemesis and I vowed to beat him. He never showed for the fight but claim it was me who didn't show up," Ryoga said. He then went on to tell Wufei how he traveled far and wide to find Ranma and fight him.

"So did you beat him," Wufei asked breaking into Ryoga's account of his travels.

"No, but I'm never going to give up," Ryoga said somewhat shamed face.

"My ancestors are mad because I lost a very important battle," Wufei explained. "You were also not able to overcome your adversary."

"Well yes you're right but that doesn't explain why Ranma was cursed. He is unbeatable," Ryoga said.

Wufei was doubtful. This Ranma did not sound very honorable still maybe if he met him. "I want to meet this Ranma. Will you take me to him," Wufei asked.

"Sure, where are my clothes?"

Wufei called the front desk and asked if there was clothes and gear found in the pool. He claimed the articles and had them brought to his room. Within minutes they were dressed and ready to leave.

Wufei and Ryoga left the hotel and started towards Ranma's school. Wufei quickly checked his list and realized that this school was in Quatre's area of their search. He hoped he would not bump into him but so far with his luck of late, probably not.

Ryoga pointed out the school in the distance. Two blocks from the school Wufei turned right and Ryoga the man with the worst sense of direction turned left. Wufei walked up to the school before he noticed that Ryoga was missing.

"Ryoga," Wufei called in vain but the strange guy was gone. Still Wufei was determined and continued alone. Wufei walked up to a group of kids and asked. "Do any of you know Ranma?"

"Yes," they all said they did.

"Great can you tell me where he is," Wufei asked.

"No," they all said they wouldn't and quickly fled from him.

Wufei was dumbfounded. What was that all about? He continued on and found another group. As he approached he heard, "that's him he's looking for Ranma." As he got closer these kids also fled from him.

"Leave Ranma alone," one of them yelled at Wufei's back.

This continued to happen everywhere he went. He could hear the students watching and whispering as he passed.

"Oh, do you think he's looking for a fight?" He heard one whisper.

"Halt villain, I am TakiWaki Kuno blue thunder of Farrington High, What's your business here?"

Wufei turned to see a tall and attractive young man brandishing a bamboo sword and blocking his way.

"My name is Wufei Chan. I have journey from China and I am looking for Ranma. A companion of his told me he was here."

"Well if you beat me then I will take you to him myself," Kuno replied and charged.

"Yah!," Kuno shouted and he chopped down with his bamboo sword. Wufei dodged to the side and stepped forward with an upper cut punch to Kuno's unprotected side. Kuno went down.

Wufei stepped back and waited for Kuno to recover.

"Thank you for the practice, it was a good challenge," Wufei said respectfully. Kuno had lost but he had managed to make Wufei's dodge his well aimed strike.

Kuno stood up beaten but not shamed. "That was good. You're an excellent fighter. I wish you luck against Ranma. Truthfully, I hope you win because I have not been able to defeat Ranma myself even though he is not a swordsman." Wufei nodded his thanks again for the young man's hidden tip and followed him.

They didn't go far when Kuno stopped and pointed at a young man in a Chinese style jacket, "there, the one whistling."

Indeed he was whistling and walking alone with his arms held over his head and a school bag hanging behind him. He looked like a punk. He wore his hair in a ponytail and was almost the same size as Wufei.

Wufei really didn't want to fight with Ranma. He only wanted to talk to him and asked him what his experience was with this curse. Kuno turned and left. Wufei followed behind Ranma for a while until they were nearly away from the crowded school grounds. Then Wufei quickly walked up to him and stepped in front of him.

"Excuse me, are you Ranma?" Wufei asked.

"Yeah, what's it to you," Ranma answered rudely walking pass Wufei.

Man I can't catch a break there is always some joker out to start up with me, Ranma thought looking Wufei up and down. Then he realized it was the guy that was with Ryoga yesterday.

Wufei was taken back at the young man's rudeness. So he decided to introduce himself and asked if he could spare a moment of his time to speak with him.

"My name is Wufei Chan and I am the last of the Dragon clan, I would like a moment of your time," Wufei said following Ranma.

"No, I'm busy so beat it," Ranma said walking a little faster. This guy was trouble. He and Ryoga had cost him a job.

"Look I have traveled a long way and it is rather important that I speak with you," Wufei persisted and again tried to blocked Ranma's path.

"Well, I don't want to talk to you so get lost," Ranma emphasized. This time when he stepped around Wufei he ran off. Wufei quickly pursued.

"Wait, I must speak with you," Wufei shouted.

"Look, I told you know already no," Ranma shouted.

They ran on. They passed a shopping area, a mall and a library. Ranma slipped into a small park and tried to lose Wufei in the trees. The park had a nice wooded area with a small stream.

"What are you some kind of stalking pervert," Ranma yelled.

"No, I am not a stalker just a person desperate for some information I believe you possess. As last of the Dragon clan I must speak with you," Wufei told him. Wufei had yet to catch the guy. He was as nimble as a fox.

They came up to a hedge, Ranma slid under the branches, Wufei seeing his intent jumped over the brush and came down along on the other side. Ranma had stopped before he was completely under and last minute ran in a completely different direction leaving Wufei farther behind.

"Well I am not surprised you're the last, this Dragon clan probably is nothing but a fancy name," Ranma taunted.

Wufei saw red when he heard him. Now instead of just trying to catch Ranma he was now willing to punch him out.

"How dare you," Wufei shouted as he quickly closed the gap between them.

Ranma realized the change in Wufei's pursuit and quickly changed tactics. Instead of just trying to get away he now was going to kick butt. "I'm getting pretty tired of you its time to end this," Ranma said spinning around and launching several punches at Wufei.

"Ya, ya , ya," Ranma shouted as swung at Wufei. Wufei easily dodge each punch. He's good but I can take him, he thought. Ranma realized that this guy was no amateur and launch a more deadly attack.

Wufei continued to dodge each punch stepping a little further back each time making Ranma lunge forward more and more. As soon as Ranma stretch out far enough Wufei caught Ranma's arm and propelled him even more forward. Ranma was stretched out and with the added momentum he plunged straight ahead into a small stream that was there. Not to be alone in his fall he reached behind him and caught Wufei's sleeve. Both of them splashed into the water. The stream was about three feet wide and only a foot deep yet still it covered them completely.

"Now look at what you did," Ranma cried out furiously. He had lost his male form. Then he noticed that the guy he was fighting was no longer a guy either.

Staring back at him was a petite red headed girl. Both of them in pigtails and both wearing Chinese clothes but while Ranma had bangs she didn't. They could have been sisters. Now it all made sense. This guy was curse too.

"So you're cursed like me," Ranma said starting to laugh.

Wufei stared. He had hoped that Ryoga was wrong and it was not true but it seemed he was telling the truth. Was he truly stuck with this curse? If it was his ancestors he could redeem him self but a curse. How does one lift that? Suddenly Wufei heard a loud gasp and turned to see Heero staring at them.

"What's going on?" Heero asked.