Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ The Goddess Who Changed Destiny ❯ A Whole New World ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Untitled

Part One- A Whole New World

Usagi looked nervously at the megami, who standing right next to her. The younger girl looked grim as they approached the dimension gates, where another person stood vigilant. The person nodded to Artemis, acknowledging her presence.

"Artemis, demi-goddess-in-training of the moon, why do you bring this mortal to my domain?" he asked, tossing his amethyst-topped rod from one hand to the other. Artemis rolled her eyes.

"Cut the formalities, Sekai!" she snapped, tapping her staff against the marble floor. "You know exactly why I'm here!" Sekai grinned, leaning on his rod.

"You want a portal to another dimension, correct? How about… dimension 2289?" he asked. Artemis shook her head.

"The technology is too advanced, plus the war going on there is way too confusing. Besides, Usagi would probably be killed by one of those mecha pilots," the demi-goddess reasoned. Sekai sighed and nodded.

"Dimension 362?" Once again, Artemis declined.

"Witchcraft? Are you serious? Besides, Usagi hates school!" The boy sighed again.

"Dimension 25?" he offered. Artemis pondered this for a while, and then rejected the idea.

"It would be too easy for the senshi to find her," the blonde replied. Sekai bit his lip.

"Dimension 586?"

"Androids who killed everyone, remember?" Artemis replied. Sekai glared at her.

"Okay, last offer, take it or leave it! Dimension 7895?" Artemis bit her lip, thinking, before her lips twisted into a smile.

"Perfect."

~*~

Usagi shot a sideways glance at Artemis, who was walking through the whirling portal like it wasn't there. The whirling purple, blue and silver made Usagi a little sick to her stomach. They had crossed through the dimension gates about an hour ago, and Usagi's feet were beginning to hurt.

"Megami-sama?" Usagi began. Artemis glanced at the older woman.

"Hai?" she asked, her blue eyes searching Usagi's.

"There isn't an easier way to get there, is there?" the mortal asked. Artemis looked back ahead, biting her lip.

"Not if we don't want to get caught," the demi-goddess replied. Usagi stared at her companion, wide-eyed.

"You mean you don't have permission to do this?" she exclaimed.

"Father probably won't care, but Hera will be furious. She's going to make this as hard as possible for us." Usagi, though still unsure, nodded in acceptance.

"So, where are we going, Megami-sama?" she asked. Sailorartemis beamed.

"That, my mortal friend, is the complete beauty of it all!" the goddess-in-training exclaimed. "It's safe from your senshi, because it's one of the higher numbered dimensions. They'd have to look through 7,894 dimensions before they even got close to you. It's also very similar to your home dimension- the same technology, the same geography; even some of the people are the same, though that case is very rare. Um… Usagi?" Artemis's face had changed from excitement to worry.

"Hai?"

"Well, there's something you should know about this. You see, you'll still have to fight," said Artemis, biting her lip uncomfortably. Usagi nodded.

"Everyone has to fight something," she replied. "So, who was that person at the gates?" Artemis smiled.

"That was Sekai, the demi-god of dimensions. He's not twenty yet, but he proved himself as a demi-god before he was my age. We can trust him, though, he's one of my best friends." Suddenly, Artemis stopped and looked around. Her eyes lit up when she spotted a white portal amongst the abyss of purple, blue and silver. "Come on. It's this way. I have to warn you though; you will have amnesia of everything for an undetermined amount of time. It's one of the side affects of the gods bringing mortals to another realm." With that, Usagi nodded and hopped through the portal and out of sight. The demi-goddess-in-training closed her eyes, sending a blessing to the hime-sama of her domain. "Good luck, hime."

~*~

Her eyes opened, revealing blue pupils, which glanced around quickly, before the owner sat up, gazing at the five boys and the woman in the room. The woman smiled, though the action didn't reach her eyes. One of the boys grinned at her. Unlike the woman's smile, his was genuine. His black-blue hair was held back by a yellow bandana around his forehead. The girl's attention switched to the blonde, who was standing in the corner of the room. His hair covered one of his violet eyes, giving him an air of mystery and tranquility. One of the boys was sitting in an armchair, reading a book, his dark blue hair falling into his eyes, despite a blue bandana that was meant to keep it back. Another boy with brown hair and green-blue eyes nodded to her, smiling just as warmly as the first boy. Lastly, a boy with wild black hair stood in the doorway, his tiger blue eyes shining as he smiled.

"Hey," said the last boy. "Glad you're up. I'm Ryo Sanada." Realizing that the girl was awake, the boy who had been reading looked up and grinned.

"Welcome back to the land of the conscious," he joked. "My name's Rowen Hashiba."

"Kento Rei Fuan," said the first boy. "Hajimemashite!"

"I'm Sage Date," the boy in the corner of the room murmured.

"Cye Mouri," said the brown-haired boy.

"And I'm Mia Koji," said the woman, inclining her head slightly. "What's your name?"

"I… don't remember…"

~*~

Artemis looked into her viewing pool, nibbling on her thumb. Selene was glaring at her, still mad at the demi-goddess for what she had done earlier.

"You know, Artemis, you'll never be a full-fledged goddess if you keep defying the gods," the cat scolded. Artemis looked up from the images to shoot a glare at her companion.

"Honestly, Selene-"

"-Artemis! Where are you?" a girl, glowing ruby red, walked into Artemis's domain. She looked around and spotted Artemis at the pool. "Oh, there you are! What are you looking at?" The demi-goddess of the moon quickly stepped in front of the pool, hiding the images from view.

"Nnnnnothing…" The newcomer scowled, trying to see around her friend's body. Artemis stepped in front of the girl obstructing her view once again.

"Artemis…" the girl said warningly. The moon goddess crossed her arms stubbornly and shook her head. Without warning, the other girl lunged to the left, and stared into the pool, despite the indignant objections of Artemis. "Oi, isn't she tsuki no hime?" Artemis looked at the floor, ashamed of herself for being caught. "Artemis, when will you learn not to tamper with the high gods' will?"

"Gomen nasai, Aime, but I couldn't stand to see Usagi's life ruined!" the goddess-in-training defended. Aime smiled.

"Why didn't you say so? It's not like Zeus-sama didn't notice it," the girl said. Artemis smiled, and then looked thoughtful.

"Aime… could you help me with something?" she asked.

"Aa… What is it?"

"Well… you know that Mamoru no baka betrayed Usagi along with the rest of the senshi, correct?" Artemis paused, waiting for Aime to nod. "Well, I was wondering if… maybe… you could set her up with one of the guys?" Aime grinned.

"I wasn't dubbed the demi-goddess of love for nothing, Artemis." Selene rolled her eyes. [Not another rebel!]

~*~

"So, what should we call you?" asked Sage, raising an eyebrow (The visible one). The girl shrugged.

"Ya know, her hairstyle kinda reminds me of a rabbit," Kento supplied. "How 'bout we call you Bunny?" The other guys nodded.

"Sounds good to me!" said Ryo. 'Bunny' smiled.

"I like it," she approved.

"Bunny it is, then. Now, I'm thinking we should give you a grand tour of the house, don't you?" asked Rowen. Bunny nodded, grinning. (SA2: I'm gunna skit the tour, cuz it'd be long and boring. Bunny met Yuli during the tour, but she hasn't met White Blaze yet.)

"I'm hungry," Kento complained. The rest of the group rolled their eyes. Kento had complained of his hunger at least a dozen times while the boys had been showing Bunny around. "Aw, come on, guys! I didn't eat anything since lunchtime!"

"Which was an hour ago," Sage said. Cye sighed. (Alliteration! OMG, I really need to get a life…)

"I'll go get you something then. Bunny, would you like something?" Bunny smiled.

"No thanks," she replied. The rest of the group trooped into the kitchen, leaving Bunny behind in the living room. [What should I do?] the blonde wondered. She shot a glance at the front door. [I guess I should go get some fresh air.] She walked outside and down by the water. The sun's shining rays were bouncing off of the crystal water, causing Bunny to close her eyes to protct herself from the glare. When she did, a vaguely familiar scene played on the insides of her eyelids.

~{flash}~

"I am Sailorartemis, tsuki no megami," explained a smiling thirteen-year-old who was bathed in a golden light.

"Y-you're a goddess?!" Bunny felt herself saying.

~{end flash}~

Bunny's eyes snapped open.

"Wh-what was that?!" she exclaimed. She took a deep breath and lowered her voice. "Was it a memory?" she placed a hand on her forehead. "This is too confusing."

A/N: YAY! This is a VERY happy Artemis-chan! 14 reviewz in the first two dayz, and one of those was from 14 ppl! @_@ Happyhappyhappyhappyhappy! J Just FYI, it's fifteen reviewz to a chapter. (or at least until I can finish one!^^*)

Ryo- 14 (Winning by a landslide! I love Ryo! ^.~\/)

Rowen- 8 (YAY! Ro-chan got more votes!)

Sage- 9 (^-^ Sage is so kewl! And he's beating Ro-chan!)

Kento- 0 (….. -_-*)

Cye- 2 (Cye got two votes! ^-^)

I also got a vote for a title:

Artemis's Helping Hand- 1 vote

Submit some more and vote on the title.