Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Finding Love in All the Wrong Places ❯ Dinner ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't own Sailor Moon or Gundam Wing. There are excerpts from You've Got Mail in here, so I don't own that either.

Quatra joined Trowa at the doorway. "Good evening." He said as he ushered them inside. They continued down a narrow hallway to a kitchen and dining room with Quatra blabbering something about Duo's bad cooking and takeout.

Wufei and Heero were in front of the T.V. Neither said as they walked in. Duo greeted them almost instantly. The dining table was all ready set with the best dinnerware Mina had ever seen. Not to mention, the rest of the furniture looked like it had costed a million dollars a piece.

"You guys got here just in time," Duo said as he tried to put his arm on Mina's shoulders, but she ducked.

Quatra pulled out two chairs, "Sit, please."

Mina and Britt sat at the large, narrow table. Heero took the seat beside her. She was still mad about the other day, and so she didn't even glance his way. They passed

The food around the table, however, Mina always passed the food the opposite direction of Heero. She was about to hand Duo the plate of Sushi when Heero took it from her. He gave her the death glare.

Heero took some sushi off of the plate and then began taking some of the caviar off the edges. Mina was about to cut some steak when she noticed this.

"What is that?" Mina looked at him. "What are you doing?"

She waited for a response with disgust written plainly on her face. He scooped a little more caviar onto his plate and cocked an eyebrow at her.

"You're taking all that caviar?" Mina said, "That caviar is a garnish."

Heero kept piling caviar onto his plate. Without noticing, Mina pointed her steak knife at him.

"We obviously can't give you a steak knife to you." He took the knife from her and laid it next to him.

"You're so rude." Mina whispered.

Heero smirked.

They finished dinner and Duo put on some music. Mina wouldn't dance, so he was forced to dance with himself. But then Britt and Trowa joined him on the "dance floor."

Heero stared at Mina until she couldn't stand it anymore.

"What?" She didn't bother to hide the annoyance in her voice.

"You know, you could learn a lot of things if you really knew me." He answered.

Mina hiccupped once, the champagne was definitely getting to her." If I really knew you, I know what I would find, instead of a brain; a cash register, instead of a heart; a bottom line."

"Well," Heero smiled, gently taking the glass of champagne away from her. "That was a perfect blend of poetry and cruelty."

"Cruelty?" Mina said, "Let me tell you something about cruelty…<hiccup>"

Heero cut her off, "Don't misunderstand me, I'm just trying to give you a compliment."

Mina shook her head. "Please leave me alone. Please…please."

Heero held his hands up in surrender. "All right." He got up out of his seat."

"Thank you." Mina said as he walked away.

And then he sat across from her. He smiled at her innocently. She rubbed her eyes; she was too tired and too drunk for this.

"Britt," Mina called from across the room, "I'm going home."

Britt stopped dancing, "You're going to go home? Drunk?" Duo chuckled.

Mina got out of her seat, "I can walk just fine. I'll see you guys tomorrow." Mina said as she made her way toward the hallway.

Britt said by to everyone and helped Mina out the door and to her car.

Mina stayed at home from school the next day. One; she didn't want to deal with Heero. Two; She had a cold.

Mina stayed in bed the whole day. But around five she ran out of Advil. She grabbed her skateboard and wallet.

She pumped twice with her leg and then rode at breakneck speed to Holiday market. She shifted her weight, zipping in and out of crowds. Her hooded Volcom jacket and funky jeans flapped around her. She jumped off her skateboard and carried it around the store with her. She selected a bottle of Advil and got into the express lane. One glance behind her and she saw Heero Yuy in the lane next to hers. She picked up a magazine and tried to hide herself. The cashier rang up her Advil. Mina handed the cashier her father's credit card.

"Excuse me, Miss?" The cashier said, "This is a cash only line."

"What?" Mina set the magazine down.

"Cash only." The cashier repeated.

"Oh my god," mina dug into her wallet for money and pulled out a dollar. "All I have is a dollar."

Heero saw what was going on and walked up to her. "Hello."

Mina sighed. "Hi."

Heero smiled. "Do you need money?"

"No."

The cashier interrupted them. "Get in another line."

"Excuse me, Rose," Heero looked at her name badge. "That is a lovely name." He took the credit card from Mina. "This is a credit card. That is a credit card scanner. You get what I'm saying, Rose?"

Rose took the card from him, smiling, and zipped it through the scanner.

Heero turned to Mina, "So your fine?"

"Fine."

"See you tomorrow." Heero turned and walked away.

Mina took her Advil and skated home.

Mina sat on the couch at home the next day, sipping hot chocolate and taking Advil. The doorbell rang.

"Who is it?" Mina set down her mug and looked through the little window in the door. She saw Heero.

Mina panicked, hadn't he tortured her enough? She kept quiet, hoping he would go away.

"Mina." Heero called from the other side of the door.

"Just a second!" She shouted as she hurried around, cleaning up coffee mugs and tissues. She opened the door. "What are you doing here?"

Heero ignored the question. "May I come in?"

"Wha-?" Mina was surprised when she saw how nicely he was dressed… and she hated to admit he was…looking good. (All right…he was looking HOTT.) "No I don't think that is a good idea because I have a terrible cold." <Sneeze>

Heero ignored her and stepped past her, into the house. "Is that what you wear to bed?"

Mina glanced down. She was wearing a white tank top and cotton pants with monkeys on them. She cocked an eyebrow at him.

"I had expected something a bit more… edgy."

Mina shook her head, "What are you doing here?"

"I heard you were sick, and I wanted to make sure…" Heero looked around.

"What?" Mina said through a stuffed nose.

"Is there someone here?" Heero said.

"Oh, T.V," Mina plopped down on the couch.

"Hn." Heero set the flower bouquet next to her.

Mina noticed them for the first time. She looked at him, completely surprised. "Heero, are you feeling all right?"

Heero paused for a moment, "Yeah."

Mina shrugged. "Don't you think Daisies are the friendliest flowers?"

Heero snorted. "See you at school."

"Bye." Mina said as she curled up with a blanket.

Heero closed the door behind him as he walked into his apartment.

"Finally," Duo said as he got up from the couch. "We've got a plan about "talking" to Mina. Seeing what she knows."

"Hn."

"You," Duo continued, "go over to her house tonight, disguised, and interrogate her."

"Do we have a reason to believe she is with OZ?" Heero said.

"Yeah, Quatra found something interesting on…"

Quatra interrupted, "There is no information on her before she was 14. It's like she appeared out of thin air."

<Think Sailor Moon here people. Pluto helped Mina and the other scouts hide their past, by erasing all of the info.>

Heero stared at his feet. "Why me? Why don't you go Duo?"

"Duo can't interrogate," Wufei added. "He's too stupid."

"Hey…" Duo started to say.

"Trowa?" Heero said. "Why not you?"

"What's wrong Heero?" Wufei said, "Big bad Mina too much for you… or maybe." Wufei smiled maliciously. "Heero Yuy has fallen in love… with Mina."

Heero could feel his face turning red-hot… he knew he was blushing but he quickly shunned his feelings. "You've got to be kidding me."

"I'll go." Trowa said.

Later that night, Trowa left the house dressed in all-black, all-baggy clothes. He walked to Mina's apartment. Heero had given him the address and told him which window was hers. Trowa slicked his hair back and put the over-face black beanie on. He climbed up the tree and balanced himself on the windowsill. (Being in the circus paid off.)

Mina was seated at her desk. (Her back to Trowa.) She had her headphones on- listening to some music. Trowa silently opened the window and stepped into the room. He pressed the tip of the gun to her back.

Mina froze. He pulled off the headphones.

"Don't move." He whispered.

"What do you want?" Mina said. She wasn't that scared, she had faced worse before, but a bullet would still kill her.

"What happened to you when you turned 14?"

Images of the scouts began flashing in her mind. "I moved here."

Trowa pressed the gun harder into her skin. "What happened when you turned 14?"

"I just told you."

"And before that?"

"I lived in Japan."

Trowa sighed. "You're not cooperating."

"What else do you want to know?"

"Are you or have you ever been with OZ or any other organization?"

One thing came to her mind ` Do the sailor scouts count?'

"No."

"Then why is there no information on you before you were 14?"

Mina paused and thought. "I don't know."

"Bullshit."

"Who are you?"

Trowa cocked the gun. "I'll ask the questions here… what happened when you turned 14?"

Mina took in a long breath.

HA HA HA!!! That's the end of this chapter!! Aren't I mean? Anyway, I guess you guys can tell who Mina will end up with. And if you can't then your plain stupid. The next chapter will be posted by July 17. I promise. Bye bye.

~Alicia Rose