Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Message in a Bottle ❯ Washed Ashore ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer - I do not own Sailor Moon and Gundam Wing.

Author: This is another Ami-based story…^_^ The idea for this came to me while driving from a doctor's office when I heard a song, I think by the Police, called Message in a Bottle. I'll try to finish my other stories, but this had to be written…my muse is demanding it…

Megeara: I'm not a muse; I'm one of the three Furies! Now, go back to writing this story, Mortal!

Author: EEP! Yes, ma'am…*sweatdrops*

Message in a Bottle

Chapter 1 - Washed Ashore

AC 201

It has been five years since the defeat of Galaxia and Chaos and all the senshi decided to go their separate ways and follow their dreams. It has also been five years since Mariemaia's (sp?) revolt and everyone is relaxing now that the planet and colonies are at peace. Of course, there are still some minor skirmishes here and there but nothing to worry about.

One of the senshi left Japan to study abroad and was now currently in the Sanq Kingdom. Ami Mizuno, now twenty-one years old, graduated with top honors and is now a doctor in the main hospital of the Sanq capitol city. Many people were surprised that this blue-haired genius went through her schooling quickly and became a doctor at such a young age. Even with her educational and sailor senshi accomplishments, Ami felt lonely.

Her friends have gone on and fulfilled their dreams. Rei Hino, also known as Sailor Mars, finally became a full-fledged Shinto priestess and was one of the best songwriters in Japan. Minako Aino, Sailor Venus, became an idol like she always dreamed. Makoto Kino, also known as Sailor Jupiter, opened up a chain of restaurants called Kino Rose. Lastly, her last friend, Usagi Tsukino, Sailor Moon and future Neo-Queen Serenity, followed her dream and finally married her longtime boyfriend, Mamoru Chiba.

Ami shuddered at the thought of Mamoru and Usagi together. The past few years, Mamoru seemed to be acting strangely and it bothered her greatly. She let out a sigh as she walked along the beach. She found it a nice place to relax after work and it was part of her property. Being a water/ice based senshi, living near the water was expected and the sounds of the sea have always calmed Ami's soul.

She took off her sandals so she could feel the sand rub between her toes as she walked. The young doctor closed her eyes as she inhaled the sweet air of the sea and tugged on the sleeves of her lightweight jacket. A faint sound of glass on stone tinkled in the distance, drawing Ami out of her reverie. She followed the sound to an area where boulders jutted out from the water and formed a small tide pool. Carefully, she climbed down the boulders and noticed a green bottle floating in the pool. Ami gingerly reached down into the water and picked up the bottle, the rays of the sun glinting off of the glass. She held it up to the sun and noticed that there was a piece of paper tucked into the bottle.

Curiosity got the better of Ami as she climbed back over the boulders and sat down in the sand. She cautiously pulled on the cork stopper and tilted the bottle so the paper would come out. The parchment floated out gently and into Ami's hand. Her eyes went wide for a moment when she realized that there was writing on the paper and so, she started reading.

AC 195

I met other boys who are like me, from the colonies and ready to fight for their independence from the Earth Sphere Alliance. It was actually comforting to know about them but I cannot speak to them on how I feel. I must be silent for fear that something bad may happen to me or to them. Can I call them friends? I do not know.

I do so would like to know what it's like to have friends. I have been alone my entire life and I don't even have my own name. I have no name, to be honest, just one that was given to me by those who wish for independence. I did meet this young woman at the circus and treats me like a younger brother. It's very strange.

However, with no memories of my childhood, will I ever know who I truly am? Right now, I am a soldier in a war fighting for peace. Am I just a merciless killer? Do I even have a conscience? Sometimes it scares me to think that I am nothing but a robot. All I do is follow orders and destroy the bases and morale of OZ. I wasn't even allowed to have a childhood…What is it like to love? I'm sure that I should have some feelings for the young woman at the circus that helped me get the job at the circus. But I don't…do I? I do want to keep her safe from the war but I don't want to kiss her or anything like that. It would be awkward, I suppose.

The other night, one of the boys who fought alongside me destroyed his Gundam so OZ wouldn't be able to get it. He tried to kill himself and I know that I would have done the same if I were in the exact position he was in. He was still alive so I took his unconscious body back to the circus and nursed him back to health. We both may not talk much but this boy and I are very much alike in that we both do not show our emotions. Emotions are not for the battlefield...

Ami's eyes widened more as she read the message that was in the bottle. Her hands itched to find this boy and sooth his troubled soul but knew that would be highly unlikely. The only information she knew about this boy was from the message itself. He was a soldier in the war and was probably one of those fabled Gundam pilots. Noticing that there was more writing on the other side of the paper, Ami began reading again…

AC 197

It has been two years since I last wrote on this piece of parchment and a lot has happened. OZ and the Romefellar (sp?) Foundation are gone and we took care of the uprising led by Mariemaia Kushrenada last year. It…it almost feels like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders, but I still feel empty. My friends and I destroyed our Gundams because they are no longer needed in this world of peace. Peace…it feels strange. I am so used to fighting that I do not know what to do anymore.

After I destroyed my Gundam, I went back to the circus and played my part of a clown to my friend Catherine's knife throwing act. I have known her for two years now and I do feel the beginnings of emotions within me. For Catherine, I feel like she is a sister to me.

Why do I feel the urge to write down what I am feeling? It is probably because I am unable to express them in words or in action. Two months ago, Catherine called me an unfeeling monster when I didn't even react in fear during our circus act one night. Am I really an unemotional beast? This makes…this makes me feel sad.

Because of that, I left the circus to find something that I know I am capable of doing. Since there are no wars, I cannot be a soldier. That leaves the Preventers organization…Wufei and Heero work for them and the last message I received from Duo stated that he and Hilde broke up and that he will be coming back to Earth. That only leaves Quatre from the five of us. I'm sure that he will eventually come back as well. Reason is that even though he was the gentlest of us, he is still a soldier. He's a good man…they all are good men but I am unable to tell them that. Wufei would think of it as being weak.

When I look up at the stars at night, I wonder about things and how they could have went. I usually don't let my mind wander in the past but lately, I unable to help myself. Sometimes during my star watching, I would imagine an ancient kingdom that ruled the Moon thousands of years ago but I know that isn't possible. But still…I wonder if I will be able to find the missing pieces of my soul and truly be whole once more.

To the person who may be reading this, please realize that this isn't the ramblings of a deranged mind. I am only seventeen years old and yet I feel like one hundred. Even though you, whoever you are, and I will never meet, I thank you for the time you have taken to read the thoughts of my mind.

Sincerely, a nameless soul

Ami traced a finger along the lines of the signature of the boy who wrote the moving letter. Her heart went to the young man who felt he didn't have anything. She was also surprised at the emotions that were brought out from her. The blue haired woman folded the paper and carefully placed it in her jacket's pocket and put her sandals back on. She shivered slightly as the breeze picked up and was glad to have the jacket since she was only wearing a black one piece swimsuit.

A few minutes later, Ami arrived at her beach home and took the jacket off. She took the paper from the pocket and put it into a safe place in her bookshelf. As she was about to open her refrigerator to get a glass of milk, her telephone rang.

"Hello?" she answered as she picked up the receiver.

"Is this Doctor Ami Mizuno?" a female voice on the other end asked.

"Yes, this is she."

"Thank goodness we were finally able to reach you. I am Sally Po from the Preventers and I have a proposition for you."

"A proposition?"

"We would like for you to work for us."

"Excuse me? Why? I'm only just a doctor!" Ami exclaimed, her hand tightening on the phone.

A slight chuckle was heard on the other end of the line. "We know about your past, Doctor, because one of your friends works for us now."

"Who, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Why don't you find out tonight, Doctor Mizuno? We really do need your help."

Ami sighed heavily and looked up at her ceiling. "Alright, Miss Po. Where and when?"

"Arrive at the Peacecraft Academy around six tonight at Princess Relena's office."

"Okay, I'll be there."

Ami sighed once more as she went into her room and began to change into a pair of grey slacks and a deep blue turtleneck chenille sweater. She then slipped on a pair of black leather loafers and then glanced at the wall clock. It was now 5 pm. She thought that she better leave now if she wants to make it to that school.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

AN: I'm sure that everyone knows who wrote that message in the bottle…^_~ One thing though, this fic won't be updated as often until my other one, Black Cats, is finished. Hmmm…can anyone tell that Ami is one of my favorite senshi? LOL!