Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Pilots ❯ Who to Trust ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sailor Pilots

3: Who to Trust

Disclaimer: I do not own Gundam Wing or Sailor Moon.

Note: This is what I think would happen if the cast of SM were involved in Endless Waltz GW movie but I only saw the movie once so forgive me if there are missing scenes or something. Most of that movie anyway was flashbacks.

"Outer space looks so beautiful," moaned an emotional Ami. "Amazing how people can live out here; it's so quiet." She was nearing a colony and decided to land on it to see what they were like.

If she knew what colony it was, she wouldn't have landed on it. The colony was Colony 02.

"Looks just like Earth almost," Ami noted. She spotted a condemned trashed out building and thought that whatever took place there happened momentarily. Oh, how she was wrong. "Oh no," she gulped and took the first aid kit and flashlight by her seat. She opened the midsection and grabbed the rope that was used for pilots to get in and out of their mobile suits.

"Don't worry!" she called out to no one, "I know first aid! Hello? Anyone here? Is anyone okay?" a sign fell down from the building.

The sign read: MAXWELL CHURCH.

"Is anyone in here?" Ami shouted but the only thing she got back was her echo. She entered the building, pushing things out of her way. She screamed and dropped the first aid kid when she saw what was unexpected. "Looks like I'm too late." She gasped, looking at the skeleton on the ground.

Ami wanted to run away and get off this colony as quick as she could but something told her to stay. She couldn't explain it. Maybe she was there for a reason, maybe she was supposed to find something here. She looked at what the skeleton was wearing; it was the same attire for a nun. Ami pressed on and kicked the rubble out of her way. She saw another corpse not too far away. It had to be the minister of the church.

"It's so creepy in here," Ami said, "almost like the God of Death just came in went or something." There was a room that held broken beds with little skeletons laying in them. Ami realized this was the result of terrorists and at one time children had lived here. "Who would do this?" she asked, though there was no one to give her an answer. Ami walked on and flashed her light at the beds. There were inscriptions on the headboard, like names of whoever slept here. When she shined her light on one bed to read the name, she froze.

The name said Duo.

"Duo," she mumbled, "He used to live here?" She walked closer the bed and expected it. The pillow had a few brown hairs on it with ashes from the fire.

"I have to get out of here," Ami whispered and turned around in a panic. On her way out, she saw a room with golden letters on a door, with some of them missing. She came up closer to for a better look. Even though a few letters have fallen off, she could still read it.

It said Father Maxwell.

Ami pushed the door open and walked in. Inside there was a desk and a couple of chairs with pictures on the wall. Ami walked in and studied the pictures. They were pictures of children. She recognized the one with a braid. It was Duo as a little boy.

"That's him," she said and took the picture off. "Duo's an orphan?" She turned around and her knee came in contact with the desk. "Ow!" she winced, rubbing her knee. Something caught her eye in one of the drawers. It looked like a gift. She reached in and took it out. It was a small box, one that would hold jewelry. Back inside the drawer was the note for it. Although she knew she was alone, Ami looked around anyway. She read the note.

Duo,

You're a very special child. Don't forget that. May God bless you and keep you. Sister Helen and I want you to have this.. It will protect you.

Father Maxwell.

A few drops of wetness fell on the paper while she read it.

"Why am I crying," she asked herself, wiping the way, "I don't even know this guy and I'm crying for him? How can I even know if I can trust him or not?"

She opened the box and took out the present inside. It was a silver cross with a silver chain and on the back of it had the name: Duo.

Her fingers seemed to move on their own and she placed the cross around her neck and sat down in the old chair. She folded her arms and laid her head on them, feeling so utterly tired and sad.

********************************************************* *****

Raye parked her gundam where she was sure no one could see it and followed the sounds of music and people laughing. It ended at a tent, a circus tent.

"Well," she said, "here it goes." She walked into the tent and sat in one of the back rows.

"There's a lot of people here today," Catherine said to Trowa.

"Yeah," he mumbled, looking over the audience.

"He saw me!" Raye whispered and looked away.

"Let's start, Trowa," Catherine said.

There was a program lying at Raye's feet so she picked it up and held it right over her nose. She watched Catherine throw the knives at Trowa and she flinched every time at how close they got. "Is she crazy to throw knives at her brother?" she asked herself under her breath. When the show was over, Raye decided to go up and congratulate them on the show.

"Hi, nice show," she complemented to Catherine.

"Thank you," Catharine said.

'Well, she didn't tell me to get lost,' Raye thought, 'so far so good.'

Trowa didn't look at Raye; his eyes were out at the audience. He saw some men leave and he went outside to confront them.

"Trowa, where are you going?" Catherine demanded.

Raye was getting mega bad vibes and she followed Trowa.

"Hey, wrong exit!" Catherine shouted after her.

Trowa knocked out two of the men and bent down to search one of their pockets. What he didn't know was that there was someone behind him.

"Oh no," Raye muttered and jumped toward the third guy, "Hey!" she kicked him in his face and tripped him into the trash cans.

Trowa stood up, "What are you doing here?" he demanded.

"What does it look like?" Raye smarted off. "I just helped you out there and you don't even thank me?"

"You shouldn't be here," he said. "I don't know who you are."

"But I know you," she said, "You're Trowa Barton and you're a gundam pilot!"

"How did you know?" he asked.

"Listen, Trowa," she said, "I'm on your side. I came very far to help you."

"What makes you think I need your help?" he asked. "I can't trust you."

"Because just a second ago you did," she muttered.

He knew that she had him there. He held up the card, "If you think you're up to it then come with me."

"Let's go then," she said.

********************************************************* **********

"Relena's been kidnapped," Heero said to Duo.

"Anything for the one you love," Duo mumbled when Heero started to leave.

"I knew I shouldn't have left her alone," Serena panted, running down the hall. She collided with Heero, "Hey, I'm sorry about that--I---You!" She jumped back ten feet, "Oh, you're going to kill me now aren't you?"

Duo heard the commotion, "Hey, what's going on here? Do you know each other?"

"Please don't let him kill me!" Serena shouted, getting behind Duo for protection.

"Relax," Duo said, "He's always saying he'll kill people and then he wont' do it!"

Heero stood up and brushed himself up, "let's go."

"What happened?" Serena asked, feeling something wrong, "Did something happen to Relena?"

"How do you know Relena?" Duo asked.

"She's my cousin," she said, thinking she might as well be honest about the idea.

"She is?" Duo and Heero asked in unison.

She nodded. "That's why I'm here."

"We can't talk about this," Heero said, "let's get going."

The two-gundam pilots began to leave.

"Bye Heero! Bye Duo!"

"How did you know our names?" Duo demanded.

"I uh, gotta go!" Serena gasped and took off.

********************************************************* **********

"How am I supposed to find this guy?" Lita asked herself, "I only know his name and what he looks like!" She leaned back in her chair. "And he looks nothing like my old boyfriend!"

When she thought all was lost, she closed her eyes and sighed. She was awakened by the sound of something big moving. When she opened her eyes, she saw Wufei running to a building dressed the same of those coming in and out.

"Bingo," Lita mumbled and got out of her gundam. "Now all I need is a costume!" She went around the building and waited for someone to come out. As soon as she saw someone, she covered the soldier's mouth and pulled her back into the alley and knocked her out, careful not too get any blood on the uniform.

Lita had perfect luck. The soldier was also a woman about her size. She quickly took her own clothes off and put on the clothes of the Barton Foundation soldier. She went inside and was able to move freely.

"Come on," she heard some people saying, "Dekim wants us."

"Who's--" Lita began and someone stopped in front of her.

"Get moving!" the other soldier ordered.

"Yes sir!" she said and followed the group. They stood on a stage in front of a group of new soldiers. She spotted Trowa and Raye. 'What are they doing here?' she thought.

"Something's not right," Raye whispered.

"It's him," Trowa muttered, his eyes on Dekim.

"Who?"

He didn't talk and his soldier instincts kicked in. He did an amazing twirling flip that almost caused Raye to pass out. He raised his gun up at Dekim and when he did, a sword touched his shoulder threateningly.

"Wufei?" Trowa whispered, dropping his firearm.

"Lita?" Raye asked silently, looking at her friend who stood behind Wufei.

'Blast it!' Lita thought, 'He's a traitor! How am I supposed to trust a traitor?'

Trowa confronted Wufei in a different room and Raye found Lita.

"Lita, can you trust this guy?" Raye asked.

"I doubt it," Lita said, "You saw what he almost did to Trowa. They're supposed to be on the same side!"

"Well, what about you?" Raye pointed at her uniform. "Did you join the force too?"

Lita blushed, "no, Raye. I just borrowed this from someone. I didn't know what this whole thing was about."

"You have to tell him to go back to his friends," Raye said. "You've talked to him, right?"

Lita shook her head, "I just got here. I didn't have time. Besides, what am I supposed to say to him?"

"Maybe we'd be better off at home," Raye mumbled. "I'm not exactly sure what we're supposed to do."

"Me neither," Lita said, "but we're just going to learn to know who we can trust and who we can't. Luna said the pilots are good guys so we probably have no other choice but to trust them."

"I guess you're right," Raye sighed, "but I have a baaaaaad feeling about this!"

********************************************************* **********

Serena felt like she failed her mission just before it even started. She ran to her gundam and got inside. She had to go somewhere. It didn't matter where. Serena never felt so angry with herself. Relena was her cousin and there was just something about her that Serena admired. Maybe it was that she did the things Serena was supposed to do without complaint. Relena would have made a better sailor moon. She was never happy with the way she was. She drooled at the sight of cute boys and goodies and whined at the pettiest things.

She sat in her gundam for a while and she wanted to get her frustration out. She slid her hand over the dashboard and her hand went over four certain keys.

ZERO

"Let's go blow something up," Serena muttered to herself and took off, changing the gundam to its jet shape. Not wanting to be seen, she went where there was no civilization. She decided to try out her guns and see just what her new toy could do. She blasted at trees, rocks, ground or whatever she wanted. She really didn't care what went up in smoke.

"I'm a coward!" she screamed, "I was never good enough to be Sailor Moon! Why do I always have things asked of me this way? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!"

She changed her gundam back to its original shape and took the energy sword and cut it across a bunch of trees, wishing they were something else.

Serena's heart started beating like a base drum and sweat was beaded across her forehead. Her soft breathing turned into angry gasping as she looked at the massacre of nature under her. If it had been other mobile suits, it wouldn't have stopped her from fighting.

In the flames, she saw somebody. It was her self, as the moon princess she used to be when she lived in the moon kingdom. Then she heard a bang and the moon princess withered away, replaced by her self as Serena in street clothes. Another bang and the girl with blond hair and meatball shaped buns disappeared. Sailor Moon was the next one to be seen by Serena.

"Why do I keep seeing the different mes?" Serena wondered out loud.

Sailor Moon was shot too and she fell away like the sand on the sides of a river. Next was her as Neo Queen Serenity and she was also destroyed by something Serena couldn't see. The four forms of Serena lay dead in a misty cloud and someone appeared between the bodies. Serena could not tell who it was at first.

Then she could slowly make out that the person was a woman and she wore something that looked like a black, red and blue formfitting space suit. Serena could not see the killer's face. It was hidden in smoke and darkness. The assassin was holding a gun and she raised it raised it at Serena. Then Serena saw the girl's familiar face. She gasped when she recognized the killer.

The assassin was herself, Serena. But it wasn't her anymore. There was no smile on her face or twinkle in her eyes. She had a whole different hairstyle and the buns on her head were gone. Her expression was still and cold, like the way Heero looks all the time. The different Serena was just like him. He was the perfect soldier and this new and cold Serena, was the perfect sailor: Pilot Moon.

"That's me!" Serena gasped and the image went away with the sound of a gunshot. She screamed, thinking she was wounded. "It wasn't real."

"I'm sorry," Luna's voice came over Serena's radio, "I should have told you."

"Luna, what was that?" Serena asked.

"The ZERO system," Luna replied. "It lets the pilot see things, like their true enemies."

"Then how come I saw myself?" she demanded, "Oh my gosh! I saw me! My true enemy is myself!"

"Don't worry Serena," Luna said, "you can handle it. It will come in handy some times."

"What's the point of this system?" Serena asked, "Who built it? Can I shut it off?"

You can't," Luna said, "once you've activated the system you can't deactivate it."

"So it's stuck like this?"

"Yes."

"Oh great," Serena moaned.

"You'll learn a lot from your Gundam Moon ZERO," Luna explained.

"Yeah, I suppose," Serena mumbled and the cat's voice was gone.

Serena sighed, "The ZERO system was right. I am my own worst enemy. I need to become stronger if I am supposed to do this mission."

Then Serena knew exactly what to do. She had to forget whoever she was and become a new person. The person she saw who killed all her other identities. She'll have to become Pilot Moon.

********************************************************* **********

"This will be dangerous Master Quatre," Rashid said, "We will go and retrieve the gundams."

"No," Quatre said, "I'm going to do this alone."

"What?" all the 40 men nearly jumped, "No Master Quatre!"

"It's my gundam on that asteroid and I'm going to get it and the others back," Quatre said, "That's what Duo and Heero told me to do."

The magunacs still did not want Quatre to go but they understood. They trusted the boy with their lives.

"Be careful, Master Quatre," Ahmad warned.

The asteroid was within in the range of the planet Venus. Quatre was very careful to get on the cord and pull himself to the asteroid. Hoping he would not get hurt and wished he'd let them do it, the magunacs watched intently from the ship and could do nothing but wait for Quatre to get there safely. When Quatre nearly fell from the cord, they nearly screamed in fear but the blond Arabic boy made it safely.

All of the men made a sigh of relief.

"I'm okay," Quatre announced. "You guys had better get back to Earth. Say hello to the Goddess of Venus!"

"Aren't you going to say hi to her?" said an anonymous girl.

"Huh?" Quatre lifted an eyebrow. "Did you guys hear that?"

"Hear what, Master Quatre?" Rashid asked.

"Hey, over here," said the girl's voice again, "This is the Goddess of Venus her self, here to help you!" A yellow and orange gundam soared to Quatre. "You must be Quatre Rabera Winner, right?"

"By Allah!" Quatre exclaimed.

********************************************************* **********

Though close inspection, Rini was able to find out why Mariemaia was acting the way she was. Her grandfather, Dekim Barton was manipulating her.

"Mariemaia," Rini said, "are you doing this for yourself or you just doing it because your grandfather wants you to?"

Mariemaia smiled, "Of course not," she said, although she felt it was true, "I'm doing this for my father, Treize Khushrenada. I want him to be proud."

"By abducting Vice Minister Darlian?" Rini asked.

She nodded, "she used to be queen of the world until my father said she could go. Now it's my turn to rule the world."

'This is getting bad,' Rini thought, 'Where's Serena? Isn't she supposed to be protecting Relena?'

Time was running out and the gundam pilots and the sailors would have to learn to trust each other if they want to prevent innocent people from getting hurt. All they had to do was to trust each other.

To Be Continued. Next Chapter: Death of Sailor Moon. (No, she really doesn't die in the next chapter if that's what you're wondering!)