Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Pilots ❯ You Pilot Me ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sailor Pilots 7

You Pilot Me

Disclaimer: I do not own SM or GW.

"Oh no, what have I done?" Serena shouted as she placed her gun back in the holster. "Darien!" she ran and caught him before he hit the floor. She propped him up against the wall, "Oh, Darien, I'm so sorry!"

"What are you sorry for?" he demanded, "You said you'd shoot me…if I moved…" he groaned in pain.

"But I didn't think you'd move!" she cried, "You should have stayed put if you didn't want me to shoot you."

"You really weren't bluffing," he grunted.

"Of course I wasn't," she hissed. She ripped his shirt to examine the wound. Blood was seeping through his shirt and she noticed a small led ball on the floor. The bullet had gone right through him. "Oh no," she muttered. "Do you have a first aid kit?"

"In the bathroom," he moaned.

"Okay, stay still," she ordered and went to get the first aid kit. She pressed gauze on his shoulder and taped it with sterile bandaging tape. It was odd how she threatened to shoot him and she was patching up her wounds. Serena didn't even liked blood and she didn't faint because of the amount that was spilling from Darien's wound. She really did change.

"Call 911," he mumbled.

"It's too risky," she disagreed, shaking her head. "I'll get arrested for attempted murder."

"It was an accident," he said.

"Darien, I shot you," she muttered. "I'll take you to the Earth Sphere Alliance."

"Where's that?"

"The future," she replied and pulled him to his feet, "come on, Darien. I didn't shoot you in the leg!"

"You shot me in the chest!" he grunted, "You could've shot me in the heart."

She wrapped his arm around her neck and started walking, "Ami will help you. Her mom's a doctor."

"But Ami never treated a gunshot wound!" he cried.

"It's our only choice," she said and helped him to the elevator. Darien's blood was dripping on the floor and Serena pressed her hand on the wound. He winced. "Sorry," she whispered.

"I'm getting dizzy," he moaned and sank to his knees. He was losing too much blood. His head drooped.

"No Darien, stay awake!" Serena encouraged, "we're almost there!" When the elevator hit the ground floor, she walked out of the building. The streets changed to the time hall. "Pluto! Darien's hurt! I want to go back to A.C 197."

"What's that thing?" Darien questioned, his eyes on the large robot.

"My gundam," she replied.

"Get in your gundam Serena," Pluto ordered, "and I will open the door for you."

Darien began to feel heavy but Serena gritted her teeth to lead him to her gundam. She laid him down.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

Without answering him, Serena got in her gundam. Moon Zero picked up the near-to-death Darien. "He has to live," she said under her breath, "or I'll never forgive myself." A huge portal opened up and Moon Zero walked into it.

Darien couldn't keep his eyes open for a long period of time. "What is this?" he asked.

"This is the Earth Sphere United Nation," Serena replied blankly, "Year A.C 197." She began stepping forward to the building were Relena and the others were.

"Serena's back," Raye announced as she looked out her window. "Hey, is that Darien?"

Serena got out of her gundam and ran to where she had just placed Darien. He had lost too much blood to walk so she had to drag him to the door. Gritting her teeth, she hooked her arms beneath his armpits and dragged him.

"Man, he's heavy," Serena muttered. She laid him down and began ringing the doorbell. "Why'm I ringing the doorbell?" she opened the door and dragged Darien inside. "Ami! Come here, quick!"

"It's Darien!" Raye shouted, "What happened to him?" she ran to him and looked at his wound.

"It was an accident," Serena whispered.

"You shot him?" Raye questioned, "Serena, what's the matter with you!"

"I said it was an accident," Serena repeated. "Where's Ami?"

"Who's this?" Relena asked.

"It's Darien," Serena replied.

"This is the one you told me about?" Relena questioned her cousin.

She nodded.

Wufei entered with Lita close behind.

"Darien!" Lita shouted, "is he all right?"

"Lita, have you seen Ami?" Serena asked.

"She's with Duo."

"Well, where's Duo?"

"You're a junk dealer?" Ami asked, "With all the technology in the world, you're a junk dealer?"

"Someone has to do it," Duo replied as they walked into the room.

"Ami, this is not the time to flirt!" Serena shouted, "Darien is hurt!"

"What?" Ami gasped and spotted Darien, "what happened to him?"

"Serena shot him," Raye answered bluntly.

"I told you it was an accident!" Serena shouted, "I didn't mean to shoot him!"

"Is there anything you can do for him?" Lita asked.

"He looks pretty bad," Ami said. "Serena, why didn't you call an ambulance?"

Serena frowned, "they wouldn't believe me if I told them it was an accident."

"You shot him?"

"It was an accident!" she blurted.

"Calm down, Serena," Relena whispered.

"How can I calm down?" Serena demanded.

"Shh," Relena hushed. "I know you didn't mean to."

"Isn't your sister a doctor, Quatre?" Mina asked.

"She lives in outer space," Quatre said.

"Oh."

"Well, Ami," Serena said, "do something before he bleeds to death!"

Ami knelt down and looked at his wound, "you're a pretty good shot, Serena. Even if this was an accident."

"What does that supposed to mean?"

"You were just two inches away from his heart," Ami said.

"Way to go, Meatball Head!" Raye roared.

"She said she didn't mean too," Trowa reminded gently.

"Trowa, this guy is supposed to be Serena's fiancé!" Raye said.

"What?"

"Look, let's talk about this later!" Ami cried, "Raye, get me my first aid kit! It's in my gundam. Duo, get me some water!"

"This is not the time to be thirsty, Ami," Duo muttered.

"Not for me, Duo! It's for Darien!"

"Oh, right.

"Sally's a doctor," Wufei said. "I'll got get her."

"I'm coming with you!" Lita said as she followed him out the door.

"Is he going to be okay?" Serena asked.

Darien made a sick gurgling sound. "S-Serena…is Rini okay?"

"I forgot about Rini!" Serena shouted.

"Where is she?" Relena asked.

"She went to find Sally Po."

"He doesn't look very good," Mina mumbled.

"So much blood," Ami commented.

"Here's your first aid kit!" Raye said, dropping it by her feet.

"Here's the water!" Duo handed it to her.

Ami forced Darien to sip the water and she began to dress his wounds. But he spat the water back out and it trickled down his lips.

"Darien, I'm so, so sorry!" Serena shouted. She felt Relena take her hand.

"We know you are, Serena," Relena said.

"Serena," Darien mumbled, "I forgive youuuuuuuuu," it was the last sentence he spoke.

"Darien!" Serena shouted, "no!" she fell down by his side and took his hand. "Don't die on me! I can't lose Rini too!"

Ami backed up and dropped the glass. "No," she whispered. "I don't believe it!"

"You did your best," Duo said, touching her shoulder and then took his jacket off. He respectfully placed it over Darien's face.

Raye grabbed Serena's arm and forced her up, "Well, I hope you're finally proud of yourself, Serena! Darien and Rini are dead because of you!"

"Who's Rini?" Quatre asked.

Mina tried not to cry, "their future daughter."

"What?"

"It's kind of hard to explain, Quatre," she mumbled.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Raye demanded, "what's the matter with you?"

"Stop that!" Relena ordered, getting in between Serena and Raye. She wrapped her arm around her cousin. "She feels bad enough!"

"I made a mess of everything," Serena fumed, "I--I'm so sorry!" she headed through the open door.

"Serena, wait a minute!" Relena shouted after her. She stopped at the door. She knew she wasn't the one to go after her. When she turned back around, she found out who was the one. "Heero."

"Relena. I saw what happened."

"Go after her!" Relena ordered.

"Right," he said and ran past her.

"I've failed," Serena whispered, "I don't deserve to live." She reached for her gun with the right hand, her thumb pulling the piece on the back. Slowly, she raised the barrel to her own temple.

"No, Serena!" Heero screamed. He put his whole right hand over hers that held the gun and wrapped his other arm around her as he pulled her right arm to the side. The gun went off as he struggled to pull the gun away.

"Let me go, Heero!" Serena ordered. "I messed up! Just let me die!"

"I won't let you kill yourself!" he shouted, ripping the gun out of her hand.

She turned around and stepped back, "then you kill me!"

"What?"

"Go on," she said, "shoot me!" she pulled up the hand that held the gun. "What's the matter, Heero, aren't you a man of your word? Shoot me! Shoot me!"

Heero dropped the gun and pulled her into his arms. Her chest heaved against his but she shed no tears. "I understand how you feel."

"How can you?" she demanded.

"I've made mistakes too," he confessed.

"You?" she had to laugh, "You? You're what the call the perfect soldier."

He let go of her. "No I'm not."

"What are you talking about?" she asked, "You're the strongest person I've ever met! You're the best soldier for any army!"

"You think I accomplished every mission I've accepted, Serena?" Heero questioned.

"I know it," she replied.

"Well, you're wrong," Heero said. "I've failed a few of them. I'm not really the perfect soldier that people think I am."

"Heero, just what are you talking about?"

"I made a huge mistake as a gundam pilot," Heero admitted sadly. "I--killed someone important. It was the worst mistake of my life."

"Who'd you kill?"

"Marshal Noventa. He's one of the nation's pacifists. I killed him and a bunch of others. Oz tricked me."

"It wasn't your fault," she said.

"I should've known Oz would pull something like this," Heero said. "I tried killing myself. I self detonated but I lived through that. I even asked his grand daughter to kill me. I really haven't recovered."

"What are you saying?" she asked.

"Sometimes things like this happen," Heero said. "Whether we want them to or not."

"I killed Darien and Rini," she said. "They can't compare to this Marshal Noventa person. Darien and Rini are my future family!"

"That may be," Heero said, "but it's not worth killing yourself over. It was an accident, Serena," Heero reminded her.

"Oh, what have I done? I became you!" she wailed, pointing her finger at him. "I became you!" She stepped away from him, "I used to be full of life and dreams and now I'm full of vengeance and coldness. I wanted to be like Relena but I became like you instead!"

"Do you want to change back to your old self," he asked, "the girl with the silly hairstyle and clumsiness?"

"How'd you know I used to be clumsy?" she demanded.

Heero shrugged. "Well, do you?'

She shook her head, "no, I don't want to change back. I'd rather be like you. But I don't think my friends will want me this way, not after what I did to Darien."

"He forgave you," Heero said. "We know you didn't mean it."

She looked down and wiped her tears away, "I'm all alone."

Heero wrapped his arms around her. "No you're not," Heero whispered into her ear. "I'm here, Serena."

"Oh, Heero," she sniffed, pressing herself against him and tightening her arms around his neck. "Relena wouldn't want me around after what I've done."

"She's your cousin," Heero said, "she wouldn't throw you out for a mistake like this. Trust me."

"All I did was follow my emotions," she whispered.

"There's nothing wrong with that," Heero said. "That's the only way to live a good life. What are your emotions telling you now?"

She looked at his Prussian blue eyes, "they're telling me to stay here with you."

"Then follow them," he said, caressing her cheek with his finger, "because mine are saying the same thing. Serena, you pilot me."

"I do?"

"Yes, you do."

Then Heero kissed her with more emotion and fervor than Serena could ever hope to be kissed. She returned the kiss, full with passion.

*****************************************

"Just how well do you know this Sally?" Lita demanded Wufei as she was following him down the sidewalk.

Wufei stopped, "do we have to talk about this now? Aren't you worried about your friend?"

She nodded, "yeah, but Darien's not my fiancé. Okay, Wufei, talk!"

Wufei sighed, "Well, she's a Preventer and a doctor and a soldier. Anything else?"

"Is she pretty?" Lita interrogated.

"Oh, stop it," Wufei groaned, feeling the warmth in his cheeks from both anger and shyness. "I don't know her that well."

Lita smiled, "okay, that's all I needed to know!"

He grabbed her arm. "I'll take you where we can find her." They went to the Preventer agency and asked for Major Sally.

"Hi again, Wufei," the person at the desk said.

Lita raised an eyebrow. 'Again?' she thought.

"Is Sally here?" he asked, "It's important."

"I have a friend who needs medical attention," Lita said.

"She's busy," he said. "But you can wait here."

"You're going to make us wait?" Lita demanded, "but my friend is about to die!"

"What's wrong with you?" Wufei roared.

"THIS IS INJUSTICE!" Lita and Wufei shouted.

********************************************************* ***

"I should've asked where I could find Sally," Rini mumbled. She tripped over something and fell down. From her pocket came the time key and it floated up. "Wha?" The time key began to fall into pieces. "No! This can't be good. I'm going to be stuck here!"

Then she felt a horrible pain in her heart. "What's happening to me?" she asked herself. "I need to get to a hospital." But before she could get to the emergency room, she collapsed on the steps of another building.

Diana appeared next to her and tried to get her to wake up, "Rini! Can you hear me?"

********************************************************* ***

"Is Sally even here?" Wufei questioned.

"Yeah," he said, "think so."

"You think so?"

Someone else came to the desk. "New recruits?" he asked.

"We're here to see Sally," Wufei said.

"You're not interested in becoming Preventers?"

"Is Sally here or not?" Wufei questioned, irritated.

"She went to the pound," he said.

"The pound?" Wufei asked. "Why'd she go--"

Sally walked into the door, carrying Rini, "You fools!" she yelled at her fellow Preventers, "haven't you noticed this poor girl on the steps here?"

"Sally!" Wufei cried.

Lita took one look at Sally and punched Wufei in the arm.

"What was that for?" he demanded in a whisper.

"She's pretty," Lita replied with a frown. She looked at the girl she carried, "Wait, that's Rini!" Lita ran to her.

"You know who she is?" Sally asked.

"Yes," Lita said. "She's Serena and Darien's kid!"

"Huh?" Wufei mumbled, "You mean this girl here belongs to your friend?"

"Uh-huh." She looked at Sally, "what's the matter with her?"

"I have to run some tests on her," Sally said. "I checked her pulse and breathing. It's starting to decrease." She left the room, with Diana following her. Sally didn't even notice she was there.

"Lita, where are you from?" Wufei demanded.

"We have to let Serena know about this," Lita said and took him by the wrist.

"What's going on?" Wufei shouted, "Lita, I want answers!"

"And you'll get them all in good time!" Lita shot back, dragging the boy behind her. "But we have to let Serena know about Rini."

********************************************************* *****

"You girls aren't from around here, are you?" Duo asked the three girls.

"No," replied Ami softly. "We're not."

"Then where?" Quatre asked.

"Not where, Quatre," Mina said, "but when."

"What do you mean when?" Trowa questioned.

"We're from the past, Trowa," Raye whispered.

"Well for girls from the past you certainly know how to pilot gundams," Duo groaned.

"We don't come that far in time," Raye said.

"Then how far?"

"Ummm," she looked at Ami for an explanation.

"Maybe 200 years," Ami said. "Or it could be the same timeframe. We're from the 20th century. We're from a whole other dimension. We don't know gundams or colonies but we know computers and things like that."

"They're sailor scouts," Relena blurted out.

"How did you know who we were?" Raye demanded. "Or should I even ask?"

"Calm down, Raye," Mina said, "they would've found out anyway."

"Serena told me," Relena mumbled.

"Sailor what?" Trowa asked.

"They're soldiers like you," Relena said, "They fight for what they believe in."

Heero and Serena walked in. Relena ran to embrace her. "Are you all right?" she asked her cousin.

"Yes," Serena whispered.

"Well, you won't now," Lita said, walking inside.

"Lita!" Serena cried and then frowned, "you're a bit too late." She nodded to Darien's corpse on the floor.

Lita looked down and away, "Serena, you're not going to like this."

"What, Lita?"

"It's Rini," Lita mumbled.

"What?"

"She's…" Lita couldn't say it so Wufei had to finish it for her.

"It looks like your daughter's about to follow into her father's footsteps," Wufei stated. He tried to be sensitive about it but he figured there was no correct way to sugar coat that Rini was close to death.

"Where is she?" Serena demanded.

"Follow me," Wufei said.

********************************************************* *****

Rini's condition was getting worse and there was nothing Sally could do about it. She noticed the gray kitten that hopped upon her sterile bed.

"Ashes?" Sally whispered. "I thought I'd never see you again!" she petted the cat.

"Her name is Diana," Rini moaned.

"You're awake," Sally said. "I'm sorry to tell you this but I don't think you have much time."

Rini frowned, "I understand." She cocked her head, "Hey, aren't you Sally Po?"

"Yes, I am."

Rini smiled, "thank you for taking care of Diana."

"You're welcome," Sally said.

"Rini!" Serena shouted, running into the room.

"You're late!" Rini hissed.

"Sorry, kiddo," Serena smiled.

The others piled in after her. Heero wrapped his arm around Serena.

"I don't understand what happened to me," Rini said.

"I think I do," Serena sniffed, "Rini, I have some bad news."

"More bad news?"

"It's about Darien," she said.

"What happened to Daddy?"

"He had an accident," Serena told her, feeling that it was best she not tell her the whole story. "I'm sorry to say that he didn't survive it."

"I guess I'm not going to be as lucky as Mariemaia, huh?" Rini sniffed.

Serena shook her head.

"Well, could you please give her this for me?" she took her brooch and held it out.

"Of course I will," Serena walked forward to take it.

"Tell her I'm sorry that we'll not be able to play together," Rini frowned.

"Yes," Serena nodded.

Rini looked over at Sally Po, "Take care of Diana for me."

Sally picked up the kitten, "I promise."

Right before Rini died, Sailor Pluto appeared.

"Sailor Pluto!" all the sailors shouted.

"Who?" everyone else gasped.

"I will take Small Lady to her home in Crystal Tokyo," Pluto announced, "where she can live in happiness."

"You mean, she really won't die?" Serena asked. "I'll see her again?"

Pluto shook her head, "she can't ever come back."

"What about Darien?" Raye questioned.

"King Endymion can only live there too," Pluto explained, "and Neo Queen Serenity too, because Sailor Moon is also dead, in a sense. It will be kind of like a dream world you'll never get to see."

"I can never come back?" Rini asked in a whisper.

"I'm sorry, Small Lady," Pluto said. "This is the best I can do for you."

"I'm ready," Rini said.

Pluto held out her garnet rod and Rini disappeared to the Silver Millennium, her only true home.

"Do we have to go back to the past?" Mina asked in a moan.

"I'm not," Serena said, "I'm staying here."

"Well, if Serena's staying," Mina declared, hooking both her arms around Quatre's elbow and jerking him to her, "I'm staying too!" She almost gave the blond Arabian a bad case of whiplash.

"You'll leave your home and time to stay here?" Quatre asked.

"That's what I said, cutie pie!" she rubbed her cheek against his sleeve. Quatre smiled and blushed. He didn't know what to say.

"But Sailor V--" Sailor Pluto began.

"I'm not Sailor Venus anymore," she said, "I'm Pilot Venus! I wouldn't leave this place even if Quatre gave me an autographed picture!" she looked at him, "but can I still have one even if I stay?"

"Uh, sure," he said, "I have a picture of me somewhere in my condo."

"He has a condo!" Mina shouted, "Oh wow!"

Sailor Pluto sighed.

"Besides," Mina said, "I still need to thank Lady Une for taking care of Artemis!"

"Who's Artemis?" Quatre asked.

"My cat," she replied.

"Oh, I love animals!" Quatre exclaimed.

"He's cute, rich, nice and he loves animals…can I get anymore lucky?" she shouted, "talk about grilling your steak and throwing it too!"

Quatre looked confused, "Actually, I think it's 'having your cake and eating it too.'" He corrected.

"And he's smart! Oh wow!"

"I think I'll stay too," Raye said, "Chad can keep Grampa company."

"Are you serious, Sailor Mars…I mean, Pilot Mars?" Sailor Pluto asked.

"Yeah," she put her hands on the hips, "what the heck, I'll change my mind in becoming a priestess and join the circus!"

"Know any tricks?" Trowa asked.

"Oh," she said with a grin, "maybe one or two!" she took out two charms and they ignited without any matches or other means of lighting fire.

"How did you do that?!" Trowa gasped in amazement.

She blew the charms out, "that's a secret, my friend. So am I in or not?"

He nodded, "Yeah, I'm sure we can find a spot for you. Just don't set any of the animals on fire!"

"Deal!"

Ami and Lita didn't say anything about wanting to stay.

"Sailor Mercury, Jupiter, don't you want to stay?" Pluto asked.

"You could have told me this guy has a girlfriend!" Ami cried. "And he's a junk dealer! I was right, he doesn't know how to read!"

"I do too know how to read!" Duo snapped. "I went to school before the terrorists blew everything apart!"

Ami blushed, "oh, I'm sorry. But you still have a girlfriend."

"I'm just not good enough for you, am I?" Duo demanded, pretending to be hurt.

"I didn't mean it like that," Ami said. "I like the new technology here and I'm sure I'll find a good medical school."

"You want to become a doctor?" Sally asked.

"Sure do," Ami said.

"I think I can help you out with that."

"Thanks."

Lita casually walked to Sailor Pluto, "you forgot one thing," she whispered to her.

"I did?" she asked. "What?"

"Wufei used to be married!" she yelled.

"You were married?" Duo asked Wufei with a big grin.

"Did you have to say it so everyone could hear it?" Wufei demanded Lita.

"Yes!" she cried. "However, this guy may be the most insensitive person I ever met but for me to leave now would be complete and total INJUSTICE!" She tiptoed around Wufei and threw her arms around his neck, "besides, he looks so unlike my old boyfriend!"

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" Wufei asked.

"Ummmm, good thing!"

"Oh, okay."

"Even solitary dragons need protection!" she hugged him.

"I think we all would like to stay," Serena said.

"And they are more than welcome to," Relena added. "It would be nice to have an extra person to protect me."

"This will change things," Sailor Pluto said. "You may get new enemies."

"I promote peace here," Relena stated.

"Yes, I know that," Sailor Pluto said, "but your enemies may not be people. You'll get the enemies that the sailors have fought."

"What kind of enemies did you fight?" Duo asked with a chuckle, "zombies, werewolves and aliens?"

"Pretty close, yeah," Ami nodded.

"Oh, cool!" Duo shouted, "I can keep Deathscythe! It would be so fun to kill some monsters!"

"I guess it's a good thing we didn't destroy our gundams just yet," Quatre said.

"All right, Sailor Pilots," Sailor Pluto said, "you can stay."

"YAAAAAY!" The girls shouted and pecked a kiss on the pilot's cheeks.

"But you have to remember," Sailor Pluto said, "If something happens, you'll have to protect the innocent and the weak."

"Hey, no problem," Raye said.

"Yeah," Serena added, "Mission Accepted!"

To Be Continued. Next Chapter-Miracle for Shinigami