Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Bachelor ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay people. Here we go again. I know by now you all hate my impromptu teasers that seem to pile up on the back burner but … you still love me, right? :D

I take suggestions for pairings. I think I have thought up every match with Hiiro that I have no qualms about. For instance, all senshi are included except Michiru and Haruka. I simply can't see those two with anybody but each other. It's a Kenshin/Kaoru thing, okay? ^^''' I didn't include villains or minor characters either. If you're interested, tell me please! ^^

This takes us to another point - shounen ai. (non-yaoi though) I don't know if I'll have trouble writing it because I've never written anything remotely similar to it. I don't read it … the only two I have read were by D-chan and Eternal SailorM. They were triangles with Usagi in them, and it just so happened that Wufei and Duo, respectively, had been on top. Lol. Interesting but perhaps not something I can accomplish. We'll see, okay? I'd love your suggestions. :D

Disclaimer: I don't own Gundam Wing or Sailor Moon. Some other people do and though I'm currently trying to contact them … they don't seem to appreciate fanatic fans begging for rights to their creations.

Editors: Thanks go to Autumn Hime, Usagi Asia Maxwell, DevilsDarling, and Lady Artemis for beta-reading. :D

Warning: Pardon me please if I tend to lean towards some people when it comes to writing couples. Please tell me if I do … I mean, you know me. I've only written Hiiro/Usagi in my life and have the inclination to lean towards that couple and accent those two characters. ^^''' Again, please tell me if you notice this. I'm trying to stay unbiased.

…………………

Her long, elegant legs carried her easily into the room. She ignored his questioning eyebrow as she walked to his side.

"Nice picture again, Yui. It would be nice if for once you actually smiled," she grounded out, smacking him lightly on the arm with a rolled up People magazine and then tossing it onto his keyboard.

The tousle-haired man in his twenties didn't have time to reply before another girl burst into his room, clutching a memo book and an unopened pack of post-it notes.

"Mr. Yui, I'm terribly sorry! She simply stormed into your room before I could ask for identifi-"

"I'm his publicist," the dark-haired woman informed the slightly younger girl coldly, smooth features lofty and controlled.

The girl blinked puzzledly at the speaker and raised a skeptic eyebrow. From beside him, he almost felt the woman seethe lightly. Dark obsidian eyes that glimmered violet in the light turned questioningly to him. "Mr. Yui?"

He stared at her briefly before mentally rolling his eyes. "Dismissed, Hotaru," he grunted and turned his attention back to the woman by his side. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw his newly hired secretary for the last month incline her head slightly and back out of the room, a suspicious pink hue on her pale and delicate face.

"What now?" he fairly growled, turning his attention to his initial visitor. She smiled so icily at him that he almost wondered how the usually mature and controlled woman could lose her cool over something as simple as a secretary questioning her identity. Almost wondered. Wondering was for philosophers and quacks, definitely not his role in society.

The woman chuckled amusedly, her tone rich and lustrous. "You've always had a way with words, Yui."

"I'm paying you. Talk. Now."

Her exotic eyes rolled upwards at his words, and she sighed tiredly. "You have an uncanny ability to ruin my day."

A slight twitch of his eyebrow urged her onwards. "The cover you did for People last month," she indicated the magazine. "You didn't smile despite my advice."

"Advice does not equal contract," he retorted.

Her eyes flashed lethally. "I'm your publicist, Mr. Yui. I take care of your publicity. Publicity equals money, which is why you hired me in the first place. If you smiled, I can guarantee your publicity will improve manifold."

"And what about my publicity from being cold?" he commented absentmindedly, scrolling down to glance at Nortel's stocks.

"Double it and you'll get the amount with your smiling."

"No."

She breathed in deeply and breathed out equally slowly. "How's this. Why don't you just smirk for the next cover? We'll see how that carries over."

"Absolutely not."

"Mr. Yui, the day you take my sensible advice will be the day you are carved into history," she raged.

He didn't reply and handed the magazine back to her. Getting up, he grabbed his coat and began putting it on.

"Well?"

"And the day I find a suitable replacement, you are as good as fired, Rei," he snapped, straightened his collar and left, calling a, "Lunch with Duo. Take all messages," to Hotaru.

"Hiiro Yui … one of the most eligible bachelors on the market but has a heart of lead and enough sense to make a political analyst sick…" Rei murmured quietly into the empty room before sighing.

…………………

"Hey, Hiiro, look! Here's another article about your supposed illegitimate child with Ririna!" Duo laughed, jogging lightly to keep up with his fast pace and holding a page of the National Enquirer up for the chocolate-haired man to see.

"Whatever, Duo."

His braid flailing helplessly behind him, Duo sighed. "Lighten up, Hiiro! No wonder the press thinks your heart is encased in ice … or rather, get a load of the newest thing - is ice through and through!"

Hiiro stopped abruptly and stared down his comrade since teenage years. "Get a life, Duo."

"Fine, fine. No chitchatting then. Where do you want to eat?" he grumbled.

"Anywhere," was the vague reply though he could almost have sworn he heard an addendum to the word - without you.

"That was mean Hiiro!" he cried.

"Still haven't lost your hearing, I see," the man noted softly, slowing down. "This café works."

"Sure, whatever. As long as you don't leave the check with me again," Duo sighed and followed his supposed friend into the little corner shop.

Hiiro ordered tersely, and Duo ordered thoughtlessly, mouth uttering out whatever looked good until he had accumulated more than ten food items and five drinks. They sat and waited. Hiiro's piercing gaze glanced up at Duo's animated face.

"Last time I had gotten a call informing me that my apartment was burning down," he pointed out shrewdly.

Duo snorted. "Which was a false alarm and I ended up paying over a hundred bucks for the meal."

"What's one hundred to you?"

Rolling his eyes, Duo explained simply, "It's the thought that counts."

Hiiro didn't deem that worthy of an answer.

"Your orders," the waitress chirped saucily, eyeing Duo appreciatively and then winking at the other occupant of the table as she set the cups of Lord knows what and dishes of fast food down. He chose to brush it off.

"She's got the hots for you, man!" Duo whooped softly, grinning devilishly at him.

"Shut up."

The braided idiot, even with seven more years of experience after the war, pouted shortly before attacking his fries vigorously and slurping at the first drink, a type of pearl milk tea. "Hey, so you know how I talked about my sister," he mumbled through a mouth of food before swallowing.

The darker-haired twenty-three year old let his friend do all the talking. After all, the idiot did enough for both of them.

"So I set you two up on a blind date!"

Hiiro almost gasped and took in a huge gulp of scalding coffee. Swallowing it rather painfully, not a trace of the injury reflected on his expression. "Excuse me?"

"Blind date with my sister!"

"No."

"You're going if I have to drag you to it!"

"No," he retorted more adamantly this time, wiping his mouth with a napkin.

"I will publicize and make a fortune on those pictures of you half-awake in the morning!"

Hiiro growled. "I thought I burnt all of those."

"Nope! Not at all!"

A long pause of silence followed as he gazed thoughtfully and rather murderously at this friend stuffing his face with rolls.

"What time?"

"She's free this weekend," he offered.

"Can't. Meeting with that architecture firm."

"Huh?"

"For my Toronto branch."

"Ah, I see. Well, how about the weekend after?"

"Fine."

"I'll ask her about the time then!" Duo told him excitedly.

He shrugged and sipped again at the coffee that he had just recently deemed safe again.

"It's a date!" his companion proclaimed animatedly, slapping him lightly on the shoulder.

Hiiro glared. "Get your hands away from me."

"Sure, man. Whatever you say!" Duo backed off, hands held up innocently.

"Later," he promised and stood, dropping a fifty that he was sure would pay for his order and enough of Duo's to get him off of his back.

Amethyst eyes gazed as the stoic man walked past the window, back towards the office. "Hiiro Yui … a man of few words and fewer emotions … Hard to believe that the Perfect Soldier changed his occupation after the Wars … Still as cold as ice though … But there's bound to be a girl out there to thaw his heart! Ami just might be the one…" he mused, thinking fondly of his sweet, younger sister.

…………………

"Sets, are you going to the meeting this Saturday with the cooperate company?" a voice carried down the hallway into the dark-haired girl's private office.

"Aren't we all, Usa?" another voice joined their conversation, perky and filled with barely suppressed energy and creative ability.

Both blondes entered her room at the same time, one clutching a portfolio. "Can't, Mina. I've got to do lunch with Miss Ririna."

The dark-haired woman, having just gotten out from behind her desk nodded amiably. "Sure. Mina and I'll take care of it."

"But isn't your roommate Hiiro the guy in charge of this company?" Minako asked puzzledly, glancing at the other blonde.

Usagi shrugged and laughed. "He has no idea that I'm part of this firm. Besides, we annoy each other to no ends, and the only reason we still stick together at all is because he's too busy to go to the trouble of finding a new roommate and I'm too lazy to post an ad."

"Well … what an interesting relationship," Setsuna offered uncertainly.

The blonde giggled and took no offense. "So here's my portfolio, and if you can't quite understand some parts, you can just leave it until the second meeting. Or I could call them up over the phone," she suggested easily, handed Minako the folder and walked back out of the room.

The remaining blonde shrugged carelessly. "So I guess it's just you and me, Sets. You want to meet for lunch that day and then go to the meeting?"

"Sure, no prob. But I wonder what Usa's meeting with Miss Ririna is about…" the olive green-haired woman mused thoughtfully, glancing rather suspiciously out the door. "And personally I have heard Hiiro Yui is blessed with amazing looks and loads of money. How can she hate a guy like that - especially if she's been living with him for awhile!"

Minako laughed and rolled her eyes. "That's my cousin! We'll never understand her motives … still as mysterious as when we were in kindergarten! As for the Hiiro deal - they both grate on each other's nerves so … it's very obviously not a match made in heaven."

"Hmmm … kindergarten?"

"She kept disappearing several times a day and not be found until hours later."

Setsuna shot the blonde an interested look before the phone rang insistently. Walking to it, she picked up but paused to look at one of her two partners in Meioh and Kylers. "Remind me to make you tell me that story later," she told the blonde pensively. Minako nodded and ducked out of the room.

…………………

"Mako, please! It'll be fun!" Mika pleaded, dark brown eyes shining with melodramatic tears.

Makoto rolled her eyes in a flash of emerald. Mako and Mika … supposedly the inseparable duo since kindergarten. When did her friend become such a pain in the neck? "Maybe, okay? Now leave me alone."

"Oh come on! It's not as if you are actually desperate enough to post one of those personal ads! I need it for my book on the psychology of people who respond to personal ads!"

"Then why aren't you going?" she argued back.

"I am."

"Oh." She was stuck. "Fine, Mika. I'll give it a shot."

"Yay! I'll send our ads in, and then all you have to do is go on dates with the people who reply!" Mika's short hair bounced as she jumped and twirled around.

Makoto sighed and played with the rose earring at her ear. "Fine, fine. The things I do for you, Mika. The things I do for you…"

…………………

::sigh:: So all the bachelorettes have in some indirect way been introduced. How was it? Thanks for reading! Email: Angelight97@yahoo.com

Yours, Angel.