Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Female Perfect Soldier ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Okay, I think I've neglected this fic long enough. This is Chapter 3. Enjoy.

Chapter 3: Memories regained

Disclaimer: NOTHING HERE BELONGS TO ME!

################################################################ ######################################

After Hiiro self-destructed, it brought the other five Gundams enough time to escape.

Trowa had picked up the almost dead Hiiro and carried him off.

"Ami, I suppose you have to return back to HQ?" Quatre asked her.

"I can't." Ami replied sadly.

The blonde blinked, "How come?"

An explosion in the east was heard.

"Does that answer your question?" Ami asked him.

"Lady Une wasn't kidding when she said she had the underwater base targeted." Ami informed him.

"Oh." Quatre's voice fell.

"Rashid would love for you to come back." He told her.

Ami gave him a small smile. "I know. Besides, I don't have any place to go right now."

Quatre brightened up. Giving her a bright smile, he shut off the connection.

"You still love hime, don't you, hime?" a teasing voice sounded in her head.

"Very funny, Indivar, but, yes, I still do." Ami answered, a gentle smile gracing her face.

################################################################ ######################################

"Hey, Ami-babe." Duo's voice came over her intercom.

"What is it, Maxwell?" Ami hissed.

"Whoa, chill gal." Duo grinned.

"Just wanting to know what's between you and Q-man. All he did was turn into a tomato when I asked."

"It's none of your business." Ami replied steely.

"Okay." Duo gave her a cocky grin, "But I'll find out, sooner or later."

"Omae wo korosu, Maxwell." Ami warned him.

"Geez, are you related to Hii-man in any way?" Duo commented.

"Actually, Yui is my brother." Ami informed him, smirking.

"What? No way!" Duo exclaimed.

"Maxwell." Ami told him.

"Yes, Ami-babe?" Duo blinked at her.

"Shut up and concentrate on piloting Deathscythe. Or else I'm not talking to you." She threatened.

"Why?"

"Do you want to keep that braid of yours?" Ami raised her eyebrow at him.

"Shutting up now." Duo grinned and cut off the connection.

"Idiot braided baka." Ami muttered.

################################################################ ######################################

"You got that right, onna." Wufei's voice informed her.

"I see he's been getting to your nerves too." Ami smirked.

"Maxwell doesn't know when to shut up. I wonder which doctor was stupid enough to have him pilot that Gundam." Wufei complained.

"Not everyone is as righteous as you are, Chang. At least I got him to shut his mouth." Ami told him.

Wufei gave her a surprised look, "A weak onna shut Maxwell up? Injustice!"

"Chang, I'm not a weak onna" Ami informed him dangerously.

"Hrf." Wufei huffed and shut off his side of the connection.

"Omae wo korosu to you too, Chang." Ami muttered.

"Ami, we're here." Quatre told her.

"Thanks, Quatre." Ami replied.

################################################################ ######################################

Docking Ice Winds, Ami opened her cockpit and jumped down.

"Whoa, you wear that to battle?" Duo exclaimed.

Ami raised her eyebrow at him, "Is there a problem?"

"Err, no." Duo shut his mouth.

"Good." Ami nodded.

"Baka." Wufei muttered, walking past him.

"What was that, Wu-man?" Duo asked, pretending not to hear.

"Maxwell." Wufei growled dangerously.

"Can you two bakas just shut the hell up?" Ami hollered.

"Fine, Ami-babe." Duo grinned as he ran to catch up with her.

"Onna!" Wufei shouted.

Quatre sighed in despair and hung his head on his hand.

################################################################ ######################################

"Quatre-sama, I see you've brought guests back." Auda commented.

Quatre nodded, "Yes, I did."

"New found comrades in battle I see." Ahmed added.

The two looked up at the new arrivals with interest.

"Ami-hime." The two whispered when Ami walked past them. The blue-haired girl nodded in acknowledgement.

Once they reached the main hall, Quatre gave the new arrivals a quick glance over.

"Quatre, I need to change." Ami said.

Quatre nodded and called a servant to direct Ami into one of the rooms.

Following the servant, Ami retreated into one of the many rooms Quatre's mansion held.

Thanking the female servant, Ami stepped into the lavish room. Shutting the door behind her, Ami snapped her fingers and a pile of clothes appeared from her sub-space pocket. Moments later, she was dressed on a plain blue T-shirt and a pair of simple tennis shorts. She completed her outfit with a pair of tennis shoes. Pleased with her appearance, Ami stepped out of the room.

Coming down the staircase, Ami noticed that the two male pilots had gathered in the parlor. Quatre was nowhere to be seen.

"About darn time, onna." Wufei commented, looking at her.

Duo let out a low whistle, "Weez, Ami-babe, you really should wear that more often." He said, looking pointedly at her gear-up.

"Maxwell." Ami replied in a dangerous tone.

"Yeah, Ami-babe?" Duo asked innocently.

"Do you want to keep your braid?" Ami raised her eyebrow at him.

Duo let out an `eep' and hugged his braid protectively.

Ami let out a smirk in triumph.

Wufei let out a small smirk, "Onna, you have my respect."

Ami gave him a questioning look.

"Anyone who can successfully shut Maxwell up deserves it." Wufei explained, his smirk growing wider.

"Thanks, Chang." Ami answered flopping herself on the couch.

"A few hours and I've made two enemies. Life sucks." Duo complained.

"You wouldn't have if you haven't ticked me off." Ami reminded him.

"I leave you three alone for a couple of minutes and this happens." Quatre commented in slight amusement. "And nice gear-up Ami."

"Gee, thanks Quatre." Ami answered, her voice turning a lot gentler.

"Anyone up for a cup of tea?" the blonde host inquired, placing the tray he was holding on the coffee table.

"Sure, Q-man." Duo replied, beaming. He got two "Hrn" from the other two.

"I don't mean to pry, Ami-babe." Duo said, turning to the girl.

"But what's your story with that Lady Une person anyway?" he asked.

"I was meaning to ask that myself, onna." Wufei added.

Ami's eyes hardened, "I got caught by OZ three years ago." She answered.

"Three years ago!?" Duo exclaimed. He was still training under Professor G at that time.

"Yes, three years ago." Ami nodded. "And guess who was my captor?" she asked.

"Lady Une?" Quatre answered.

"Uh huh. It was her alright." She replied.

Letting out a sick smirk, she continued, "It took Dr P three whole weeks for her agents to get me out of that hell hole."

"And you have no idea what they did." She commented, fighting hard to keep her composure.

"Whatever they did couldn't be that bad." Duo mumbled.

A silent `whoosh' told him that Amy had stood up.

"Huh?" he mentally asked.

"You have absolutely no idea what they did to me!" she screamed, tears threatening to fall.

"What happened to me shouldn't have happened to a twelve-year-old girl." She ended and stormed upstairs, leaving the three stunned pilots behind.

Quatre and Wufei looked at each other.

"They couldn't…" Quatre said.

"I'm afraid they did, Winner." Wufei sighed, showing sympathy for the female pilot for the very first time.

"Oh Allah." Quatre gasped.

"Huh?" Duo was confused.

Wufei glared at the braided pilot before heading towards the gym, leaving Quatre to explain.

"Duo." The blonde pilot sighed. "Ami lost the only thing that very girl holds dear." He summarized.

"Oh." Duo blinked in realization, before fully understanding what Quatre meant. "What!?" he exclaimed.

Meanwhile, back in her room, Ami sat by the window, trying hard to clear her thoughts. Duo's question had triggered unwanted memories she had tried to surpass for the last two years.

"Darn Maxwell." She muttered.

A knock on her door snapped her out of her thoughts.

"Come in if you're not Maxwell." She replied.

"Actually, after what you did, I seriously doubt Duo would want to disturb you." Quatre answered, pushing the door open.

"Thanks for the vote of confidence, Cat." Ami sighed.

"Never mind that." He said, placing his hands on her shoulders, comforting her. "The problem is, whether are you comfortable with revealing what happened."

"Hey, at least it's better to get it off my chest." Ami replied, turning her head to face the blonde pilot.

"Maybe." He answered, sitting beside her, bringing out a chessboard.

"You read my mind, Cat." Ami answered, giving him a genuine smile.

Half an hour later, Quatre checkmated Ami with his castle. The girl let out a small smirk, before turning the tables on him, by sacrificing her bishop, and checkmating him with her queen.

Quatre whistled as he admitted defeat. "Wow, that's the first time I'm beaten."

"Quatre, I've been playing chess ever since Dr P took me in." Ami told him.

"No wonder you're so good." He praised.

"I'm flattered." She replied.

A sense of déjà vu suddenly overcame the blonde pilot. "Is it me or do you feel that we've done this before?" he asked the surprised blue-haired pilot.

"It's just you." Ami quickly answered.

"Oh." Quatre was silent.

Just then, Duo poked his head in, "Q-man, I'm bored." He complained.

"Duo, can't you do something?" Quatre asked, exasperated.

"Er, nope?" Duo answered cheekily.

Ami smirked, "Go annoy Wufei then." She suggested.

Duo pouted, "I did just that, and Wu-man chased me out." He whined.

"Duo, I strongly suggest that you do something before I decide to use your braid as target practice." Ami threatened.

At that, Duo mock-whimpered and backed out.

"I really beginning to regret inviting him over." Quatre sighed.

"At least he serves as comic relief." Ami remarked.

"Ouch." Quatre chuckled at her sharp remark.

Ami smirked, "You have to admit it's true."

"You have a point there." He agreed.

The conversation was interrupted when a crash outside the corridor and a "Get back here, Maxwell!" was heard.

Blinking at each other, Ami snickered, "What are the odds that Wufei's patience finally snapped."

"Two to one?" Quatre sighed.

Ami laughed at Quatre's exasperate expression as she stood up. "We have to break those two up before they break anything else."

The blonde pilot agreed as he stood up.

Following Wufei's enraged yelling, the pair located the two in the common room.

They sweatdropped at the static electricity that Wufei's coal black eyes were casting at Duo.

Calmly banishing her handgun, Ami fired a shot between the two arguing parties without warning. It was obvious that she had turned `Perfect Soldier' mode. The bullet pierced through a glass panel milliseconds later.

Duo stopped dead in his tracks, while Wufei lowered his katana, looking at the unfazed girl in shock.

"Can we settle this like civilized people?" she inquired plainly.

Wufei snorted, "Maxwell isn't civilized."

"Ow, Wu-man, I'm hurt." Duo pouted cutely.

"Maxwell, for the last time…" Wufei was fighting hard to control his anger.

"Your name is Wu-man, right Wu-man?" Duo finished cheekily.

Another gunshot was heard at this point, as a bullet flashed past Duo's forehead, missing him by inches. A few strands of his fridge were cut off.

"Maxwell, Chang, sit down." Ami commanded with a steely voice.

Surprisingly, the two obeyed.

"Note to self: Get a glass panel that is bulletproof." Quatre thought as he saw the glass panel had two bullet holes in it.

Turning to the two post-arguing parties, he asked, "What is the problem this time?"

"Maxwell was annoying me." Wufei grumbled.

"But, I'm bored." Duo complained.

"Duo." Ami told him.

"Yeah, Ami-babe?" he looked at her, a playful grin on his face.

"Find something to do before I decide to use your braid for target practice." She informed him, before walking off.

Duo whistled, "Wee, she's one tough cookie."

"Only to you, Maxwell." Wufei smirked.

Quatre looked worriedly at the retreating back of the blue-haired pilot.

################################################################ ######################################

That night, Ami was terribly shaken up by a dream, a nightmare she had long forgotten. Apparently, Duo's questions had resurfaced the horrible memories she had tried so hard to surpass all these years. Waking up with a silent scream, she wiped her sweaty brow and clutched her heart.

"Damn Maxwell." She cursed.

Pulling on a shawl, she slipped out of the bed, and into the main hall.

Sitting beside a window, she shut her eyes and concentrated, willing the Mercurian lyre out.

Quietly strumming on the strings, she proceeded to play the `Rainy Day Man'.

It was not long before she stopped and went to bed.

################################################################ ######################################

This went on for almost a week, until Quatre caught her.

As always, Ami sneaked downstairs and started her personal concert.

She was in the midst of the `Rainy Day Man' when a gentle voice told her from behind.

"Impressive, Ami."

The blue-haired pilot turned around. "Thanks, Cat." She sighed.

"So, what's wrong?" he asked, taking a seat beside her.

"Can't sleep." The girl answered. She almost willed the Mercurian lyre away, when Quatre stopped her.

"Don't." he shook his head.


What, aren't you going to ask how I did that?" the sole female pilot in the G team asked mischievously.

"Nuh." Quatre shook his head again. "I know you have magic."

Ami smiled at the innocent blonde. "You have no idea how close to the truth you are, Cat. You have no idea" She thought.

"Play me another song." He requested.

"What do I look like? A jukebox?" the girl inquired, with a joking glint in her eyes.

Quatre looked at her, horrified. Ami, on the other hand, giggled at his expression.

"Just kidding, Cat." She laughed and restarted playing on the lyre again. This time was `Only A Memory Away'

In the midst of the song, something deep within the depths of Quatre's mind was triggered. Then, he bent down and clutched his aching head.

Ami immediately stopped playing and rushed over to the unconscious Quatre's side.

/Pluto, I have a problem./ Ami shouted over the mind link.

/What problem?/ the Time scout asked.

/I… I think I've triggered some of Quatre's memories./ she stammered.

/Hrm./ Dr P was in deep thought.

/If this is so, then it's time for them to regain their memories as well./ Dr P said.

/I'll sent Duo's and Wufei's memories to them as soon as possible./ Dr P reassured the distressed senshi of ice.

/Thank you, Pluto./ Ami sighed.

Flashback

Quatre saw himself, dressed in a prince's armor, reading in a library. An attendant came into the room, informing him that the King wishes to see him. The past Quatre nodded, replaced the book and went out of the library.

Upon reaching the Throne Room, the Past Quatre knelt respectfully in front of his father, the King of Neptune.

King Neptune nodded solemnly at his younger son and said in his commanding voice, "Prince Quatre of Neptune, you've been called upon by the King of Mercury to protect the Mercurian twins. As for whom your charge will be, it will be made known once you arrive."

Prince Quatre's eyes snapped at his father in defiance. "Father, I refuse." He retorted.

King Neptune gave his son a sharp look, "This is an order, child, not a request."

"But, but…" Prince Quatre protested.

"Father's right, little brother. The Mercurian twins are the most important beings in the Solar System. They are the heirs to the Sapphire Crystal." A gentle voice sounded beside him.

"But, sister . . ."

"Your father's right, my son. Besides, I'm sure you would want to see Princess Amelia after so many years." The Queen replied.

Prince Quatre blushed slightly as the mention of the Mercurian princess.

"Dismissed." The Neptune King announced, waving his hand.

After the brief session, Princess Michiru teased her brother, "Cat's got a crush." (A/N: Totally OOC for Michiru, but I couldn't resist.)

The Neptune prince's blush grew deeper.

Then, Princess Michiru's eyes turned serious, "But, if she happens to your charge, then you can't date her."

Prince Quatre nodded. He knew the rules.

End of Flashback

Flashback No. 2

Prince Quatre had descended from his space port and his feet landed on Mercurian soil. An attendant bowed to the Prince of the Ocean. He led him into the Throne Room, where the other three Outer Princes were situated.

Prince Quatre looked at his fellow Outer comrades and nodded in acknowledgement.

Then, the announcement of the arrival King and Queen of Mercury was heard, and the four Outer princes immediately knelt down.

After the royal couple's arrival, the arrival of the Prince and Princess of Mercury was announced.

Prince Quatre managed to take a quick peek at his secret crush. Princess Amelia had grown up, a lot. Although she still kept her impish hair-cut, she had grown to become a very beautiful and mature lady. Her eyes still spackled with age-old wisdom of Athena. All in all, she was ready to inherit her Senshi powers.

Princess Amelia sensed that someone was watching her. Turning a quick look around, she noticed Prince Neptune eyeing her. She shook her head mentally, amused. She had the slightest inking why.

Prince Neptune, her fellow warrior of the water, was in love with her. Princess Venus and Princess Jupiter had been teasing her about the pure-hearted prince of the ocean ever since they two met each other six months ago, during a planetary ball on Mercury.

Truth to be told, she had started having feelings for the young blonde prince ever since she first laid eyes on him. However, she knew she was not the only one; Princess Serenity had long cast her eyes on the kind prince of the Ocean.

Just then, King Mercury's voice bombed as he announced who would be protecting who. Much to the two secret lovers' relief, Princess Amelia was to be protected by Prince Duo of Saturn and Prince Wufei of Uranus.

This could very well mean that their love could blossom after all.

End of Flashback No. 2

"Ow." Quatre winced at the headache he was suffering once the flashbacks ended.

"Cat." Ami looked at him tenderly.

"What was that?" he asked, sitting up.

Ami took a deep breath and answered, "Memories, Cat. Long, forgotten memories."

Quatre gave her a puzzling look.

Ami gave him a gentle smile and asked, "Do you trust me, Quatre?"

The blonde pilot could not look into her eyes and say `no'. He was shocked to see Ami shutting her eyes as the sign of Mercury glowed on her forehead.

"Ami…" he trailed.

"Hush, Cat." Ami whispered. "Just trust and believe."

Quatre said nothing as his eyes fluttered shut.

Then, the Mecurian sign shot a beam of light onto Quatre's forehead, reigniting lost memories.

Almost half an hour later, Quatre reawoke, the previous headache still had not left him.

"Hey, kitten." Ami said gently, handing him a glass of water and an aspirin tablet.

"Hey, nightingale." Quatre smiled at his lover, using her old pet name, causing her to blush.

He tried getting up, but winced at the shot of acute pain that shot through his body.

"Relax, kitten," Ami chided her lover. "Regaining memories isn't easy."

"You're telling me." Quatre complained.

"The other two are regaining their memories as we speak." She informed him.

"Courtesy to Pluto, huh?" Quatre inquired.

Ami nodded, confirming his speculations. "I bet they'll be having headaches as bad as yours in the morning." She joked.

Quatre managed a short laughter despite his condition.

"Now, sleep my kitten." Ami cooed, planting a feathery kiss on his forehead. Quatre mumbled something before dozing off in her arms. Looking down at his peaceful face, Ami smiled and gently kissed his cheek, "Sweet dreams, kitten."

################################################################ ######################################

The next morning, Quatre woke up to the sun shining in his eyes. He tried to get up when he found that he could not. Looking down, he realized why. Ami had her arms wrapped protectively around his waist. Glancing up that the intelligent girl who had stolen his heart, Quatre noted her peaceful sleeping face.

Just then, Ami's eyes fluttered open.

"Morning, kitten." She smiled down at her lover.

"Morning to you too, nightingale." Quatre returned her smile. He was about to reach up to kiss her, when Ami grimaced, "Ew, morning breath." She complained.

Quatre gave her a protesting look.

Ami returned it with a glare, "Brush your teeth." She commanded.

"Yes, madam." Quatre mock-saluted and got off.

Ami laughed as she released him. Standing up, she proceeded to the bathroom.

################################################################ ######################################

Twenty minutes later, a freshly-showered Ami walked down the stairs heading towards the dining room. Quatre was already there, serving breakfast.

"Hey kitten." Ami greeted her blonde lover, earning her a shy smile from him.

"Those two bakas aren't up yet, are they?" she questioned in amusement.

"I don't think so." Quatre answered.

"Thank god." Ami sighed in relief. "You have no idea what those two can do, especially if they had their memories back."

"No kidding." Quatre agreed, pulling out a chair for her.

"Always the gentleman, aren't you kitten?" Ami teased as she sat down.

Quatre blushed and stammered something as he placed a plate in front of her.

"Still the jokester, aren't you hime?" Wufei's voice sounded from the top of the stairs, teasingly.

"No Wufei, Duo is the jokester, not me." She answered, without turning back.

"Good point. Speaking of Maxwell, where in the world is that Saturnian?" he asked.

"Up here." Duo replied, wincing from his headache.

"You need an aspirin?" Ami suggested.

Duo nodded vigorously.

"Kitten, if you don't mind…" Ami said, turning back to her intended.

Quatre gave her a look and went to the kitchen. He returned when a bottle of the tablets, moments later and tossed it to the Saturnian prince.

Duo nodded his thanks and swallowed two pills with a swing of water.

After that was done, the four pilots sat down at the dining table. A pregnant silence reigned over the dining table.

Duo sweatdropped, "Okay... Can somebody just say something?" he asked, exasperated.

"The baka has a point." Wufei agreed.

Ami sighed, "I guess you three want to find out what happened, right?"

Duo nodded. Wufei let out a grunt in agreement.

Letting out a defeated sigh, she continued, "It's much better that you see it for yourselves than I narrate it." She said.

"Sure thing, frostbite." Duo replied, using his nickname for her.

"Duo…" Ami growled.

"Sorry!" the said Saturnian quickly corrected himself.

Wufei smirked, "I see you haven't lost your touch, hime." He said.

"Wufei, the day I lose my touch is the day Hell freezes over." Ami reminded the prince of the skies with a knowing smirk.

Wufei let out a whole-hearted laugh at this.

The other two blinked. "Wow, I never knew Wu-man could laugh." Duo commented cheekily.

"Maxwell…" Wufei warned dangerously, katana at hand.

"Oops, did I say something wrong?" Duo inquired, with an innocent look on his face.

"Duo, Wufei, do my a favor." Ami requested.

"Yes, hime?" Wufei asked his charge.

"Take your battles outside." She finished.

The pair looked at each other, huffed and went upstairs.

"Wufei is right." Quatre commented, stifling a giggle. "You haven't lost your touch, nightingale."

"Well, that was what I do back then, when we were indoors anyway." Ami answered flatly.

"Good point." Quatre agreed, giving her a peck on the cheek.

################################################################ ######################################

After breakfast, the couple went their own separate ways, Quatre to the music room and Ami proceeded to the library.

Pretty soon, Quatre's violin sounded throughout the entire mansion. Ami let out a gentle smile as her intended continued playing. So, he had not lost his musical touch after all, she mused and returned to the book.

"What in the seven worlds of heavens!" she exclaimed, after finishing a chapter.

"Great, just great." She muttered. From what the book illustrated, Natashi not only caused the fall of the Silver Millennium; he also caused the fall of Crystal Tokyo as well. According to the book, he fled after Crystal Tokyo's fall. Most probably to find me. She thought.

"You have no idea how right you are, Mercury no hime." Natashi's voice was heard as Ami's surroundings turned black.

"Natashi." She hissed, as she clutched her henshinn wand.

`Tsk, tsk, Mercury hime. It isn't like you to jump into battle just like that." Natashi taunted her. Then, he left.

"Kuso." Ami cursed.

"Frostbite, what's wrong?" Duo was suddenly by her side, concern in his eyes.

"Onna!" Wufei shouted form the side door.

"Natashi just `paid' me a visit." Ami answered sarcastically, ignoring Wufei's comment.

"Nani, that bastard's here!" Wufei shouted.

Ami nodded.

"Nightingale, what's wrong?" Quatre then came running into the library.

"Natashi." She repeated

Quatre's eyes widened.

"You're kidding, right?" he asked, blinking in shock.

Ami gave him a `Do-I-look-like-I'm-kidding' look.

The blonde shut his mouth.

"So, we have to battle again huh?" Wufei commented.

Quatre nodded.

"Looks like it." Duo answered.

Ami took in a deep breath, "The other two have to be reawaken, if not we can't win."

"She's right." Setsuna said, appearing from a portal.

"Pluto." The ever-polite Quatre greeted the Time scout.

Ami turned to the untransformed Time senshi, "Natashi's near, is he?"

Setsuna nodded, "Unfortunately yes. He's much closer than you think he is."

Ami let out a sigh, "I thought so."

"I'm assume you know what to do." Setsuna looked at her fellow scout. The girl nodded and stood up.

"Then to the Time Gates it is." Setsuna announced as she summoned the Time Staff to form a portal.

The blue-haired pilot nodded and stepped into the portal, despite protests from the other three.

################################################################ ######################################

Upon stepping into the Gates of Time, Ami found herself transformed into her hime form.

Shutting her eyes, she willed the Sapphire Crystal into her open palms and concentrated. Rising it into the open space as she was levitated, the gem flashed a brilliant blue.

################################################################ ######################################

Meanwhile, Hiiro was still in deep coma, when that blue light ignited his dark surroundings.

"What the…" the usual solitude pilot looked at the lighted surroundings in puzzlement. (A/N: Hiiro's puzzled, that's a first!)

"Onii-chan." A soft voice called out.

"Nani. Who are you?" Hiiro demanded, pulling out his handgun.

The voice chuckled, "I don't think that would work in a dream."

Hiiro frowned and lowered his gun and keeping it wherever he keeps it. (A/N: And who knows where he keeps his guns anyway?)

"Where are you?" he asked, this time much gentler.

"Just follow my voice, brother dearest." The soft voiced teased.

Hiiro grunted and did what he was told.

When he neared his destination, his eyes widened when he saw….

"Ami?" he almost exclaimed.

The girl smiled at her long-lost brother. "No really, big brother." She answered.

"Why are you dressed in… that?" he asked, pointing to her dress.

Ami smiled, "This, brother dearest." She looked down at her hime dress. "Is my hime dress." She answered.

Hiiro cocked his head at her. "Hime dress?" he inquired.

Ami nodded, "Hai, big brother. I'm the Mercury no hime." She said regretfully.

Hiiro's eyes widened some more. "You're one of the two lost himes?" he questioned harshly.

Ami nodded, "Yes."

"Then why are you calling me onii-chan? I'm no prince." Hiiro protested.

"Yes you are, big brother." Ami told him sternly. "You have to remember, onii-chan, or else this world will be destroyed by Natashi." She pleaded.

"…" was Hiiro reply.

Princess Mercury sighed. Placing her fore finger on his forehead, she commanded, "Memories arise!"

A sky-blue light flared around the siblings under her command, encasing them within the bubble.

Minutes later, the flare subsided, leaving a re-awakened Prince Mercury at its wake.

"Imuoto." Hiiro looked at his sister. "What is this about: this world will be destroyed by Natashi?" he asked.

The hime of ice answered, "Natashi's back, and according to Setsuna, he's here, in this time."

"Nani?" this time Hiiro's voice was raised above his usual monotone.

Ami winced, her brother never rose his voice.

"Any louder onii-chan?" She complained.

"Gomen." Hiiro apologized

"Don't be." Princess Mercury told him.

"I presume those two bakas regained their memories too?' Hiiro asked his sister, smirking.

Ami returned his smirk, "If it's Saturn and Uranus you're talking about, yes."

Hiiro's smirk grew wider, "Thought so."

"And Trowa?" Ami asked.

"Imuoto, you're forgetting who our dearest `Silencer' is." Hiiro reminded her.

Ami's eyes grew wide as she remembered. "You didn't think Setsuna would…"

"Either she does or Trowa remembers all by himself." Hiiro replied.

Ami nodded.

"So, how's Quatre doing?" Hiiro turned into `teasing' mode, causing Ami to blush. (A/N: No, Hiiro is not OOC. That's the way he is before the Silver Millennium.)

"Onii-chan." The girl muttered, embarrassed.

Hiiro's smirk grew wider by an inch.

"I think you'd better go back to being comatose, bro." Ami finished and left the silent pilot of Wing alone.

################################################################ ######################################

Back at the Time Gates, Princess Mercury descended form her hime form and reverted back to her human state, almost collapsing into Sailor Pluto's arms.

"Pluto, did you return Trowa's memory?" Ami asked the Time scout, despite her weakened state.

Sailor Pluto shook her head, "My younger brother will remember on his own, Mercury. Please be reminded who he is."

Ami nodded, "I see."

"It's time you returned, Ami. The three will be worried about you." Sailor Pluto told her. Waving the Time Staff, Ami was immediately zapped back to Quatre's mansion.

################################################################ ######################################

"Hey nightingale." Quatre's soft voice sounded to her ear.

"Hey kitten." Ami greeted her lover. Noting the other two were missing, she looked pointedly at him.

Quatre laughed merrily, "Oh that. Wufei's in the gym, Duo's somewhere, I think."

Ami raised her brow at him, "Is that it?" she asked, teasingly.

Quatre looked at her and gulped, whenever she had that glint, it meant she had something up her sleeve.

Ami gave him an almost evil smirk and pounced on the startled blonde without warning.

"Errr, Ami?" Quatre asked meekly.

"Okay, kitten, spill." She demanded in a no-nonsense voice.

Quatre blinked, "I'm telling the truth, nightingale." He answered.

Ami looked at her intended questioningly and considered her options. "If that's the case, then I guess I have to do it the hard way."

Quatre swallowed a hard lump, "Uh oh." He thought.

Her smirk turning evil, Ami started finding Quatre's ticklish spots and making full use of them.

"Snowflake, stop." Quatre somehow managed to stammer between his giggles.

Ami blinked momentarily and she stopped.

Taking in a deep breath, she got off and whispered, "You… you haven't called me that for ages."

"Ames." Quatre looked at her. Getting up, he wrapped his arms around her slim waist and pulled her close.

"Kitten, kiss me." She requested, tears threatening to flow.

Quatre needed no prompting when he turned his lover around and gave her an earth-scattering kiss.

That kiss eventually grew deeper and more demanding as the enamored couple collapsed on the love couch with the song `My Heart will Go On' sounding in the hi-fi set.

################################################################ ######################################

One hour later, the pair had long broken off and Ami was snuggling against Quatre's chest, sighing in contentment.

Quatre looked down at the Pilot of Icy Winds. Hugging her close, he had a faint tint of red on his cheeks as he remembered the previous make-out session. That HAD to be the most intimate moments they ever shared.

"Penny of your thoughts, kitten?" Ami looked up at him, amused.

Quatre looked at her and shook his head. A `beep' from Ami's communicator jolted her out of his embrace.

"P, what's up?" Ami asked over the communicator, turning "Perfect Soldier' for a moment.

"06, I know it's a bad time for this. I have a mission for you." Dr P's monotone voice informed her.

"Fire away, P." Ami replied steely.

"The Peacecraft family is about to rise to power again. I need you to protect one of their descendents." Dr P told her.

"Relena?" Ami inquired.

"No, Milliardo Peacecraft." Dr P told her.

"The older brother?" Ami confirmed.

Dr P nodded.

Ami sighed, "When do I leave?"

"ASAP." Was Dr P's curt reply before she cut off the connection.

"Ames, what wrong?" came Quatre's concern voice.

The girl turned to her intended and shook her head, "Nothing."

################################################################ ######################################

That night, Ami slipped out of her room, her bags packed and deposited into her sub-space pocket. Entering the hanger where the four Gundams were docked, she entered Icy Winds and powered it up.

"Gomen ne, minna." She whispered as the Gundam took off to her destination.

The next morning, Rashid informed Quatre that Ami-hime had taken off, most probably on another mission.

################################################################ ######################################