Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Search for the Philosopher Stone ❯ Book of Enchantments ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Search for the Philosopher Stone

By: Starblade

Disclaimer: I don't own Gundam Wing or Slayers. No anime characters were hurt in the making of this fic. Only their pride. ^.^

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------

This line means time/dimension change (just so I don't confuse you peoples) and when I do this, my thinking will change to that of one of the peoples of that time… meaning if a person from that time doesn't know someone, I'll talk like I don't know them…(confusing, anyway, ne?)


Chapter 1
The Legendary Book of Enchantments

It was a hot day as four familiar figures walked through the forest. The skies were blue amidst the white clouds, and the sounds of the forest filled the air. The only disturbances were the complaining whines of our favorite heroine sorceress.
"When are we going to get to the next town?" cried Lina Inverse. "I'm tired and hot and I wanna eat!"
"We just had lunch at the last town we were at!" exclaimed Zelgodis. "That was less than 3 hours ago!"
"Exactly my point! I need to eat!" argued Lina. "I think I'm gonna pass out from hunger!"
"But Lina," said Gourry, "we don't even have any money to buy any food."
"Yeah, Miss Lina," said Amelia, accusingly. " We're broke because you just had to gamble away the last of our money at Atlas City."
Lina laughed, slight embarrassment in her voice. "So I did… I was hoping you'd have forgotten about that by now. Well, we'll just have to get more money then! Maybe we can stea-err borrow some from a passing traveler…"
Everyone sighed and shook their head.
Suddenly tiny droplets of water started falling from the sky. It was raining. It sprinkled for a couple moments before turning into a torrential downpour. Lina, Gourry, Zelgodis, and Amelia looked up at the sky, surprised, until a flash of lightning struck the ground not even 30 ft. from them. They all screamed and ran to nearby cave in the forest. They were all breathing heavily by the time they got there, not from running, but from the shear terror of almost being struck by lightning.
Lina gasped for breath and sat down on a rock inside the cave. "That was close. We were almost fried!" she exclaimed. "Phew…we need a break. This place will do nicely."
Everyone agreed. They sat down on the ground, and began to relax. Lina walked over to the wall and leaned against it. Much to her surprise, and everyone else's, it collapsed. Lina landed amongst the rubble and dust, coughing, as the others stared on.
"What the hell…" said Lina, between her coughing. She stood up and walked into the room. Everyone else followed.
What met their eyes, left them gasping in astonishment. The room was colossal in size, and filled from corner to corner with the more treasures any one of them had ever seen in their lifetime, even the princess Amelia.
"Wow!" screamed Amelia, the first to break the silence. "There's more treasure in here then in our entire castle!!"
Lina covered Amelia's mouth and glared. "Shhhh," she said. "Do you want the whole forest to hear you?"
Lina looked outside through the collapsed wall to make sure no one had heard her, and was coming to see what they found. "Now listen, this is gonna be the end to our money problems as we know it. We'll pack up as much of this as we can carry, and we'll keep the rest here til we run out. Then we'll come back for more! All right everyone, grab as much as you can carry with you without being too obvious. We don't want people knowing about all this treasure until we get away from here."
Everyone emptied there traveling sacks of excess items that they wouldn't need and started loading up the treasures.
Gourry walked over to a pedestal standing in the middle of the room. The pedestal was made of 24k solid gold and beautifully sculpted. An old, tattered book lay atop the pedestal. Its cover was made of dark leather and its pages were yellow from age. A few of them were missing.
"Hey everyone!" he shouted. "Come look at this! I think its some kind of spell book!"
Everyone walked over to Gourry to see what he found. Lina was the first to identify it.
"Oh my…" she whispered. "Give it!" She grabbed the book and ran outside with it. She held it up to the sunlight, trying to read the dirty cover. Her eyes then lit up as she looked back at the others coming out of the cave.
"This is the legendary Book of Enchantments!" she cried. "The same book that carries the spell Dragon Slave! It has all the most powerful spells in the world listed in here and how to perform them!" She opened the book and started reading.
"Lina," said Gourry, cautiously, "maybe we should leave the book alone. You don't know what might be in it…"
"Don't be such a worry wart, Gourry," said Lina. "Nothing will happen."
"Gourry's right, Lina," said Zelgodis. "It could be dangerous."
"You both are so-oh my…" she said as she turned to the next page. "Look at this!" She turned the book around, to show the others. "The Philosopher Stone! There's a spell here to revive the Philosopher Stone!"
"What?!" said Zelgodis as he grabbed the book away from Lina to look at it.
"Hey!" Lina shouted. "Give it back!"
"She's right," said Zelgodis, as he studied the page. He looked up at everyone else. "There is a spell to revive it."
Lina grabbed the book back. "Told ya!" she said. She turned the page. She didn't notice the torn off edge of the pages missing "Here's the spell. All right. I'll read the spell and-"
Zelgodis cut her off in mid-sentence. "Who gave you permission to read the spell?"
"Because I'm the prettiest and nicest, and if you don't shut up I'm gonna deck you," she said as Zelgodis glared. "Alright. Here we go."
She looked back down at the book to make sure she had memorized the words correctly, and then she started the spell. [1]"Ryoku ien anna waga," chanted Lina as the sky outside began to blacken. "Kaitsuu kadoguchi dzuki jigen harukani yori koko, ken rita-n dzuki warera itsutsu jinshin!"
In the sky, now pure black, a swirl of white light began to form above them.
"Is it working?" asked Amelia.
"I don't know," answered Lina.

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------

Meanwhile, on Earth, in the time of the Gundams, five boys were enjoying a bright day at the park. Duo and Quatre were busy playing some childish game, while Trowa watched. Wufei was busy meditating, and Heero, as usual, was working on his laptop.
Everything was going fine, until, out of nowhere, several dark clouds came into the sky from all directions. Heero, Wufei, and Trowa, being the calm ones of the group, glanced at the clouds momentarily before returning to their respective 'things to do', while Duo and Quatre, on the other hand, stopped their game and stared. It wasn't until the clouds came down, out of the sky, that they got all of the boys' attention. The dark clouds surrounded the five Gundam pilots as they all moved to the center, their backs together in defensive positions. The clouds lifted them up into the dark sky and carried them away, to some unknown destination.

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------

Lina and Co. watched as the bright swirling light above them grew in size, and then produced five dark objects above them. Lina, seeing that they were in the way of the falling objects, stepped to the side as they came crashing down. Amelia, Gourry, and Zelgodis weren't as lucky. Lina now saw that the falling objects weren't objects at all, but instead were people. Five young boys, to be exact.
"What the hell happened?" she wondered, aloud. "Where's the Philosopher Stone?"
The five boys stood up and quickly jumped away from Lina and the others. Lina helped her companions up then looked back at the new-comers.
The nearest person to Lina, a dark-haired boy with blue eyes, pulled out a small cylinder-shaped object with a handle at one end and a small hole at the other, an object of which, Lina had never seen before. She blinked, and then looked at the boy, confused. The boy glared at her and pulled the small trigger on the object. Nothing happened. He swore and threw the object to the ground.
A second boy, who also had blue eyes and dark hair but his was much longer, came up behind the first boy and place a hand on his shoulder to calm him.
The other three boys came up behind the first two. Lina, Zelgodis, Gourry, and Amelia stared at the group of five boys, who stared right back at them. Neither side moved. It was a challenge of 'who could make the other side talk first?'
To Be Continued…



Notes-
[1] This was roughly translated to Japanese so it would seem like she didn't know what she was saying. Here's the translation: "Power beyond that of our own, open a gateway to a time far from here, and return to us five subjects." Some people should watch what they read. Ne? ~.^

Author's note- Well, there ya go. I hope all of you liked it ^.^ It's my first fanfic featuring Slayers. I'm not sure if I got the character behaviors right, but hey, no one's perfect ^.^ If you'd like me to continue this I'd like you peoples to review. If I don't get reviews I'll start thinking you peoples don't like it, then I'll have to discontinue it. L So, please review. One more thing, I'd like you, in your review, to tell me what you want to happen. It can be anything that your messed-up lil' minds can think of. But mainly, answer this question: Do you want me pairing these people up? If so, give me some pairings. They can be straight, yaoi, whatever you want. Just tell me what you want to see happen. Thanks! Ja!