Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Night's Redemption ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own either Gundam Wing

"blah" speaking

/blah/ thoughts

`blah' telepathy

 

-

 

She ran through the streets, clutching the bundle close to her chest, the streams from her now torn silk gown intermingling with her long blond hair. Her pursuers weren't that far behind her; she could hear the bays of the wolves. When her destination came into view, she sobbed in relief. Running up the steps, she pounded on the door, yelling for help. The outside lights flickered on a few seconds later, illuminating the yard of the orphanage. The door opened, the light from inside outlining the tall man that now stood there. Before he could react, she rushed inside, howls of outrage echoing behind her.

 

"Madam, what …?" The tall man, dressed in priests robes with close cropped brown hair, turned around, closing the door and confronted the small blond woman. Before he could say anything else, the woman thrust her bundle into his arms.

 

"Her name is Duet. This necklace is hers; make sure she always wears it." She placed the necklace in his hands, closing his fingers around it. Looking back up at him, tears started to form in her brilliant emerald eyes, her face starting to bruise. "I'm sorry." She ran past him, yanking the door open before heading back outside, disappearing into the darkness, the door slowly closing behind her. The priest stood there, stunned, his mind trying to process what had just happened. He looked down at the bundle in his arms, brushing the silken fabric away from the baby's face. Sucking in his breath, he stared at the beauty now revealed.

 

"Well Duet, welcome to the Berkley Orphanage," Father Mendelssohn whispered. Duet blinked at him, her emerald eyes, the exact shade as her now departed mothers, flashed amethyst for one brief second.

 

-

 

His wolves raised their voice, howls echoing in a triumphant cadence. They had finally cornered the prey. Lips twitching in a smirk, he casually strode over to the head wolf, the streetlight briefly revealing a tall man wearing black pants tucked into calf high black leather boots, a red shirt, top two buttons undone revealing a smooth expanse of pale flesh, that shimmered like satin and over it all a full length black trench coat. His hair was pulled back with a velvet tie in a simple tail that flowed down his back, the end of his hair brushing the top of his butt. "Very good my sweet," he said, placing a hand on the top of the alphas head. "There will be a suitable reward waiting for your pack back home. Go and enjoy it." The alpha wolf let out a brief yip and the rest of the pack melted into the night, loping back to receive their prize. Only the alpha and beta wolves remained; this prey had been wily and they were not about to let it escape!

 

The man walked over to where the prey, a small blond haired woman huddled, pressing herself even deeper into the opening she hid in, as though trying to press herself through the very bricks. He crouched down and stared at her, his amethyst eyes flashing as they roamed over her form, noting all of the cuts and scrapes that she had accumulated in her flight. He stayed that way for a few minutes, the woman hiding her head in her knees, refusing to look at him. "Why?" he finally asked, his melodious voice soft. "Why leave? Why take our daughter? You had everything. Why throw it away?" He raised a hand, moving to brush a lock of hair that had fallen across her face. He froze when she flinched at his touch. "Bitch!" he snarled, instantly filled with rage. "I would have protected her; kept her safe! Now thanks to you she is in the worst danger of her life!"

 

"No." The one word, whispered so softly, cooled his rage as fast as it formed. "No, she was not and never will be safe with you." The woman finally lifted her head and stared defiantly at the man before her. "Our daughter will never be safe with you or your kind." The man stilled at those words before lashing out with breathtaking speed, grabbing the woman by the throat and hauling her out from her hiding space, throwing her back to land in front of his wolves.

 

"So you left her alone?" The man stood and slowly advanced on the small woman, his voice dripping ice. "You think she'll be safe with your kind? And who will help her when her cravings start? Who will show her how to deal with her powers? You have placed her in an even greater danger by taking her." His voice dropped to a whisper, the wolves ears swiveling forward to catch exactly what he was saying. "I'm afraid I cannot allow that to go unpunished." He stopped walking when he reached her and with the same blinding speed yanked her to her feet by her long hair. "Don't worry, my dear," he sneered, lips pulling back to reveal fangs, "your punishment will be long and painful." He tilted her head to one side, exposing her neck, a neck he had kissed in passion many times before. Now his fangs sank into that creamy flesh, her life's blood gushing into his mouth. He greedily drank, exhilarated at finally tasting the sweet nectar that was her, and, indeed, all of her kinds, blood. Before he finished draining her completely, he pulled back and looked at his love. He smiled, a sight both beautiful and deadly, as he saw the mixture of pain and overwhelming pleasure displayed on her face. He drew one of his fingernails across his exposed flesh causing blood to well up and drip down his chest. He pushed her face into the cut, making sure that the only way for her to breath was by inhaling through her mouth.

 

She choked and tried to fight back but in her weakened state was no match for his strength. The tears she had been fighting against finally spilled down her cheeks as she tasted the blood on his chest, a mix of both his and hers. /Goodbye my daughter, my sweet Duet./

 

The man looked down, puzzled by the still form he now embraced. "She didn't drink?" he whispered. "She hated me that much?" Disbelief colored his voice as he stepped back from the dead body, looking directly into its now dull emerald eyes. He pulled her back in a fierce embrace, one hand caressing her soft golden locks, the tips of her pointed ears now showing through. "Why?" he whispered again, chocking back tears of his own. "Why did you leave me?"