Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Night's Redemption ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own either Gundam Wing

"blah" speaking

/blah/ thoughts

`blah' telepathy

 

-

 

Quatre stumbled in the stairwell, clutching at his chest as he severed his link with Duet. A surge of pure terror had come through, one so powerful that he had almost frozen from its intensity. He slowed his breathing, regaining his composure. Something had just frightened Duet, something that terrified her to death. And he had no idea what it could be.

 

-

 

"NO!!!" Duet screamed at the top of her lungs. "Get away from me!! Leave me alone!!" Her struggling quadrupled, terror lending her new strength. Heero grunted in surprise as she managed to break free. Duet ran down the alleyway, quickly distancing herself from Duo. `Help me! Help me!! HELP ME!!' She was so focused on getting away from Duo and Heero that she failed to notice Wufei and Sally rounding the far corner of the alley, effectively blocking her in. And unfortunately for her, she slammed right into Wufei who managed to jab one of her pressure points, the one that would knock her out for a few hours; just enough time to get her back to the hotel and relative safety. Duet rebounded off of him and managed to get a few more steps down the alley when she collapsed to her knees before falling down, one arm outstretched.

 

Wufei frowned at the collapsed girl. "She shouldn't have made it that far," he muttered under his breath. Sally nodded as she started to walk towards Duet only to be forcibly stopped as numerous small forms darted past her and surrounded Duet's still form.

 

-

 

Kieva looked up, his ears twitching. He had heard a faint scream for help, a female voice. He glanced at his beta, Tzume, who nodded; he had heard it too. The Master was still talking with the two young humans they had found at the entrance of this building so they couldn't go and investigate. Still, it was something they should bring to his attention. They headed towards the back wall just as the Master finished explaining the situation to the two humans.

 

"Good, I was just about to call you over." Sean gestured towards Toni, "Kieva, you are to travel with this one, Tzume you take the other. Start searching."

 

`With respect, Master, we have heard an unusual call.' Kieva walked over and knelt in front of his Master.

 

Sean arched an eyebrow. `How unusual?'

 

Tzume knelt down with his alpha. `Very unusual, Master. It felt like an elf, but not quite.'

 

`It also felt like how you call us, Master.' Kieva added.

 

Sean felt his pulse quicken. `Is the voice still calling and were you able to discern the sex of the person calling?'

 

Kieva shook his head. `It was a female, but she is no longer calling. Do you want us to start searching where she was?'

 

"Oh yes, my dear wolves. Start your search there and I shall join you as soon as the sun sets. These two will still be joining you." Sean walked over to the two humans. "And I'm sure that they'll co-operate fully."

 

Nate shrank back as Sean walked over, his left hand involuntarily moving to cover the now healed area of his neck, his eyes widening in fear. Toni sat next to him, a glazed look in his eyes, his neck also healed. "Yeah, sure," Nate babbled, "you know we'll co-operate, no problem."

 

Sean smiled, letting the tips of his fangs show, a vulgar display if anyone else saw him but useful when dealing with humans. "Good," he purred. "Now get going."

 

Nate nodded, grabbed Toni's arm and rushed out of the warehouse, Kieva preceding them and Tzume following.

 

-

 

Heero, Duo, Sally and Wufei stared in amazement as Duet was surrounded by seven rather large cats. Two of the cats, both a dark gray in color, one smaller than the other, were sniffing Duet all over while the others, ranging from pure black to tiger colored, stood facing the group, fur on end, ears flat against their skulls and growling.

 

Duo was the first to break the silence. "Um, is it my imagination, or are they guarding her?"

 

"Aa." Heero held still as one of the gray cats, the smaller, left Duets side and padded over to Sally. It stretched up on its hind legs and sniffed at her hand; seemingly satisfied, it repeated the same procedure to everyone else. The other gray cat was now lapping Duets face while the black cat paced around her, acting like it was on patrol. The small gray cat had left Heero's side and was now padding towards the entrance of the alleyway, just as Trowa and Quatre walked around the corner. The small cat walked up to Trowa first, standing on its hind legs, one paw braced on Trowa right leg as the other brushed against his hand. Jumping down, the little gray cat walked over to Quatre. However, Quatre knelt down, extending his hand, allowing the cat to delicately sniff at it.

 

"Don't tell me this is what scared Duet," Quatre stood back up, smiling as the small cat walking back over to Sally.

 

"No." Heero watched the cats around Duet. "She really started to struggle once she saw Duo." Everyone twisted around, staring at Duo. He started to back up, holding up his hands to fend off their gazes.

 

"Hey, don't ask me! This was the first time she could have seen me so I don't know why she'd flip out."

 

The gray cat had now reached Sally again and was staring up at her. The feline started to pad back over to Duet, looking back to see if Sally was following. When Sally had made no move to follow, the small feline walked back over, bumping its head against the back of Sally's legs. Sally hesitatingly walked over to Duet, the cats making way for her.

 

-

 

`Why did you let her get close, Ma'at?' The black cat padded over to the small gray, rubbing against her form in greeting.

 

`Because, Shiva, she smells of medicine and because I can smell no malice on any of them, even the ones whose scent is on Bright Star.' The gray female cat sat down near Duets extended hand, watching Sally was the young woman examined Duet. The larger gray cat joined her.

 

`If they do not smell of malice, then why would Bright Star call us with such fear?' The larger gray cat crouched down, her head resting on the back of Duets hand, her gaze never leaving Sally as she watched the human closely.

 

Ma'at shook her head, the human gesture looking odd on a cat. `I don't know, Freya. Perhaps once Bright Star wakes up she can tell us.' Ma'at crouched down besides Freya.

 

The tiger striped cat looked over at the two gray females. `So we don't need to keep watch on these humans, Ma'at?'

 

`They don't mean any harm to Bright Star, but you never know if any other humans will want to.' Ma'at looked over to the tiger striped cat. `Thor, you might want to smell the human that looks like Bright Star. There was a scent about him that seemed familiar but he isn't what that scent is.'

 

-

 

Sally looked up from her brief examination of Duet in time to see the tiger striped cat walk over to Duo. The large male sat in front of Duo before crouching down. With a flurry of movement, the tiger striped male jumped up, hooking his claws in Duos shirt to keep from sliding down. Duo quickly placed his arms under the cats body, supporting it and preventing the claws from digging into his skin.

 

"What the hell is up with these animals?" Duo growled. The cat he was holding had sniffed his face and was now leaning back, looking him straight in the eyes. Then the male cat placed one front paw in the middle of Duo's forehead and closed his eyes. Duo's eyes widened as he felt something tickle the inside of his skull. After only a few seconds, the cat jumped down and headed back over to Duet, leaving everyone even more bewildered.