Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Night's Redemption ❯ Chapter 17 ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own either Gundam Wing or Weiß Kreuz

"blah" speaking

/blah/ thoughts

`blah' telepathy

 

-

 

"First of all, humans aren't the only intelligent race on this planet. There are three others although two of them are symbiotic. The races are the Silven, or elves, the Night Walkers, or vampires, and the ame-neko." He pointed a finger at Omi. "And no interrupting until I'm done. The humans are the original race, the other three fled here for reasons unknown. Humans, Silven, and Night Walkers are all genetically compatible."

 

Duo leaned back slightly. "A fact that the two of you are no doubt aware." He grinned as Nagi shifted in the seat, the only reaction from the two members of Schwarz.

 

Duo's grin widened slightly, a smile not reflected in his eyes. "You can drop the act, we know you're both quarter Silven." This time Omi and Ken shifted; it was one thing to call your opponent inhumane, it was quite another to find out you were right!

 

"The Silven and the ame-neko are symbiotic; everyone from that race has one ame-neko linked to them. Bonded if you prefer that terminology." His eyes darkened. "If one of the pair dies, so does the other." He looked Schuldig straight in the eye. "Even if they have never met.

 

"Now, as to how we ended up here; that's … complicated." Duo ran a hand through his bangs, leaning back slightly. "From what we've been able to discover there was some sort of attack when the Silven and Night Walkers first arrived, probably from whomever they were fleeing. The attack was mostly deflected but our world split into two realities, each one existing along side the other. We came from that other reality. That's why you two haven't found anything on us; until two weeks ago we didn't exist on this side. I can't tell you how we got here, I'm not sure how myself." He leaned forward again, hands dangling limply between his knees. "And that is basically what happened. We're not here to kill anyone unless they provoke us. Leave us alone and we'll do likewise. Now, what are your questions."

 

Silence greeted his words as Nagi, Omi, Ken and Schuldig contemplated what had been revealed. Surprisingly, Schuldig was the first to speak. "How about telling us your names?"

 

"Heero Yuy."

 

"Duo Maxwell at your service," he doffed an imaginary hat.

 

"Trowa Barton."

 

"Quatre Winner." He met each of their eyes in turn.

 

"Wufei Chang."

 

"Sally Po."

 

Omi mentally filed the names, certain that Ken would also.

 

Schuldig nodded as each one introduced themselves. His gaze rested on Duet, the only one not to give her name. "So what's your name?" He smiled at the girl, charm oozing from him.

 

Duet met his eyes, her own hooded. "Why do you want to know?"

 

Schuldig shrugged carelessly. "Just curiosity. All these kittens are having an affect on me." He winked at the two members of Weiß. Ken managed to keep his face impassive although Omi glared.

 

Duet kept her face blank. `What do you think Kali?'

 

`I don't trust him; he smells of madness.'

 

`Not as much as the others,' Shiva entered their conversation.

 

`Agreed. That human needs a lot of healing while Dark Destroyer just needs to bond.'

 

`So,' Duet broke in, still keeping everything off her face, `tell him my human name but not my true name?'

 

`That would be best Bondmate.'

 

Schuldig could feel his anxiety growing as the ame-neko continued blocking his telepathy. He forced it back down, knowing there would be time later. What still puzzled him was why Crawford hadn't foreseen the possibility of her guards having the same abilities as them. He watched the girl on the sofa, his gut telling him she was talking with the blasted creatures.

 

"Duet Mendelssohn."

 

Schuldig grinned in relief. /Ah, finally a name to the face. But that's not your true name, now is it? I'm sure we'll get it out of you later./

 

`Don't be so sure, Dream Bringer. My Bondmate is stronger than she looks.'

 

The grin fell from Schuldig's face as he stared at the dark skinned woman kneeling by Duet's feet. A very faint smile danced on her lips as she nodded.

 

"You're saying that you came over from this parallel reality and somehow landed in our house." Ken watched as Duo nodded. "So what is your reality like?"

 

Duo smirked. "Figured that would be next." He leaned back, hands clasped behind his head. "Well, the worlds are fairly similar with a few differences."

 

Wufei snorted. "Only a few Maxwell? Try many. Not only is there the whole problem with the year but the histories do not match up."

 

Omi glanced at Wufei. "What problem with the year?"

 

"Ease up Wuffers," Duo chuckled as Wufei bristled, ignoring Omi's question for the moment. "Physically the worlds are identical. Same continents, same countries and cities for the most part; at least I think they're the same." He sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. "I didn't really study pre-colony history."

 

"All right," Wufei conceded, "I'll grant you that. But the critical events are happening at different times; they are out of sequence. And there is a major time difference." Wufei began to pace around the far side of the room, hands clasped behind him. "The year on our side is AC 198."

 

Nagi frowned slightly, speaking before Omi could get a chance. "AC?"

 

"After Colony," Wufei clarified. "After the space colonies were created. If we were to compare our time to yours here, then we just came from 350 years in your future."

 

"What?!" Nagi gripped the arms of the chair, rising up in his shock. Schuldig stared, flabbergast; Omi and Ken looked poleaxed.

 

"With that difference in time," Heero took up the narrative, "also comes a technological difference." He looked at Omi. "That computer you're so proud of is nothing more than an overlarge slagheap when compared to what we have. You don't even have the hardware, never mind the software, the build the types of computers we use. I won't even go into the mobile suits."

 

Silence enveloped the living room as the members of Weiß and Schwarz tried to deal with the information they had so desperately searched for.

 

"I think we should give them a break," Quatre spoke up, taking pity on the four. "It did take us a day to fully accept the events. And dinner should be ready now, right Trowa?"

 

"Good thinking Q." Duo stood and stretched. "I'll set the table if Tro gets the grub."

 

"May I help?" Duo looked down, shocked at Duet's question. He glanced at Heero, silently asking his partner. Heero nodded.

 

"Sure thing." Trowa preceded the two out of the room, only Nagi noticing just how similar the two were.

 

/Could she be the cousin he mentioned?/ Nagi mentally asked the same question of Thoth. A small sigh escaped at the affirmative answer. /It must be nice to have family, true family, not what I have with the others./

 

-

 

"So why'd you want out of there?" Duo started putting the plates down on the table.

 

"Because of Dream Bringer, Schuldig." She placed the rice bowls near the plates. "He's … not accustomed to having his talent restrained. It's making him very nervous. I just …"

 

Duo gave a sympathetic glance. "You still can't block the strong emotions, can you."

 

Duet shook her head, lower lip clenched between her teeth. "It doesn't make any sense! I can concentrate and tell what people are feeling but if I drop that concentration then I get nothing. But whenever someone around my is very happy or sad or angry then I can't stop!" She threw up her hands, exasperated.

 

Duo chuckled. "Relax, you're getting yourself worked up now."

 

"Easy for you to say," she muttered, reaching for the glasses. Just before her fingers brushed against them she stopped, frozen in place. Duo looked up as the banter died.

 

"Duet?" He gently turned her around. "Shit! Not another one! Kali, get your butt in here!" he hollered, the sound of running feet reaching him before he finished. "C'mon cuz, snap out of it!" he pleaded, shaking her.

 

Duets head rolled back and forth with each shake, eyes focused elsewhere, the pupils lost in the bright green irises.

 

-

 

Lady Une leaned forward, elbows propped on her desk as she rubbed between her eyes. It had been two weeks since the six agents had vanished. Word had not yet reached the streets but it wouldn't be long. Even her people were wondering where they were. Especially the ones in Medical; those five received regular checks , even if they were on assignment. And their next exam was in four days. She jumped, hand automatically going for her gun when she felt hands on her shoulders.

 

"Relax, it's only me." Treize let out a quiet chuckle. "You're doing a wonderful job but you need to let go every now and then."

 

She reached up, taking one of his hands in hers. "Thank you." She squeezed his hand before releasing it, focusing on the piles of papers before her. "You're getting along with Milliardo?"

 

"Yes." Treize massaged her shoulders, easing some of the tension. "We've worked out our differences." He chuckled again. "It is actually quite fun, getting back into the field." A polite cough interrupted whatever he was about to add. Une and Treize looked up to see Sebastian and Sean standing by the door.

 

"My apologies, but I have grave news." Sebastian paused. "The barrier is cracking."

 

-

 

A/N

 

Another chapter done, and the plot thickens! The end of this story is unfortunately drawing nearer, I'd estimate another five chapters or so; I could be wrong. I hope people are enjoying this and for those that have reviewed, THANK YOU! Your comments do help and have kept this fic from straying where I don't want it to go. On that note, please review, critiques welcome, all flames will be used to make hot chocolate (it's way too cold for smores).