Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Night's Redemption ❯ Epilogue ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own either Gundam Wing or Weiß Kreuz
“blah” speaking
/blah/ thoughts
`blah' telepathy
 
 
Duo stared pensively at the papers before him as he and Heero waited for the others to arrive. It had been one month since the barrier came down, re-uniting the two sides of the mirror. One month since Duet had vanished. He'd kept busy to avoid thinking about that but this waiting was getting to him.
 
Heero glanced at his partner for the fifth time, this one, like the others, unnoticed. After securing their prisoners, despite the sudden resistance from Farfarello, the four agents returned to the lobby, running as Quatre's urgent message thundered over their headsets. Thanks to their training, the situation that greeted them didn't stop them from acting.
 
Although it was a shock to see Kushrenada alive, especially for Wufei.
 
The door to the room opened, a somber Sean Klamert filing in followed by the Kopeneba, Kisa Klamert. Sean nodded to Heero, offering a wan grin to Duo who responded in kind. The two had grown close over the month, both needing the link to their missing kin.
 
The Night Walkers were still adjusting to the re-emergence of the Klamert clan and only time would tell what schemes the other clans would cook up as they tried to regain their lost political power. The Klamerts, and their two allies, clan Klaus and clan Mezzanotte, were watching carefully. Of course, gaining then losing their Vladnout in two weeks sent many clans reeling. Only Kisa's presence had stabilized the situation.
 
Heero inclined his head as the two entered, keeping them in his peripheral vision, waiting for the others to arrive. A part of his mind wandered back, remembering the scene that waited for them in the lobby last month.
 
Quatre stood in the center of a whirlwind of activity, shouting orders. Nagi had recovered his energy and now held both Treize Kushrenada and the man Heero recognized as Sean Klamert in place. On the floor, not two feet in front of the three knelt Trowa, performing CPR on someone Heero did not recognize with another cluster of people also performing CPR on someone else almost eight feet away. He later learned it had been Sebastian Klamert, Vladnout of the Night Walkers, Sean's kinsman and Treize's uncle. Heero wondered how Duo would react once it sank in that he and Kushrenada shared a similar ancestry.
 
The four occupants waited, continuing the silence. Their thoughts were interrupted only five minutes later as the door again opened, Takashi Meliorateson and Manx joining the small group. Preventers had easily incorporated the Kritiker agents, easily integrating the new, desperately needed personnel. For the most part, Kritikers structure remained unchanged, the field agents still taking their orders from Manx who now received hers from Lady Une. Many agents were glad to be working with the government instead of in the shadows. And the agents, once going through the process themselves, were invaluable as education and acclimation continued.
 
Of course, without the Silven such a task would be far more involved. Heero'd been impressed with Quatre's expanded abilities once he Bonded with Salman, but those were nothing compared to the sheer power of a Bonded full-blood pair. One full-blood bonded Empath could effortlessly control the emotions of a small city; Heero had witnessed it first hand. If not for the ame-neko, the Silven could easily take over.
 
The ame-neko provided a much needed balance to the Silven, a balance now restored. All those with Silven blood had bonded that chaotic day, with surprisingly few half- and quarter-bloods. Heero learned later the Silvens longevity was the main reason for this; a pure Silven could expect to live for a thousand years. Quite a hurdle to overcome when forming a relationship with a human. And the Night Walkers lived even longer.
 
Duo glanced sideways, watching Takashi as he sat opposite Sean. He'd been surprised at the Silven's reaction to Duet's disappearance until Shiva revealed a little secret. When the ame-neko named a male, their first name would always match the one best suited to be their mate while the second name would describe them. For females, it was a little different. If the female was the eldest born of a line, her first name would be the lines name, hence why Bright Song and Bright Star, mother and daughter, had the same “first name”. Their second name would not only describe who they were but would also match their future mate's. So when Takashi, named Star Dancer, watched Duet, named Bright Star, vanish, he was watching his future wife disappear. While she was only a child as Silven reckoned years, Takashi had still grown close to her over the two weeks he'd spent with the agents.
 
To make the situation worse for him, Takashi lost his life-long friend at the same time. Despite Sally's best efforts, both Nikko and Thor died, soon followed by Sebastian. Nikko had refused to allow Takashi to heal him, telling the prince to live. Then, with a sigh, the two died. The three deaths that day rocked the already unbalanced realms. The Silven and ame-neko mourned the loss of ones dead long before their time even as they rejoiced at finally finding their other halves. For them, it was a bittersweet victory.
 
On the other hand, the only Night Walkers adversely affected by Sebastian's death were his clan members, all but two of whom had never met him. The Night Walker's government continued seamlessly, Kisa declaring herself Kopeneba before the gathered elders, the circle accepting her claim. Pierre, clan Bijoux's representative, attempted to contest the ceremony. He was swiftly silenced by Sean's arrival.
 
Once more the meeting room stilled as they awaited the final two people to arrive and begin. Another five minutes later they arrived, Vice Minister Relena Darlian and Lady Une. They took the last two seats, the Vice Minister remaining standing as she started the meeting.
 
“Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for coming. Let me get straight to the point of this meeting; are the recent arrivals acclimated enough to allow unhindered association with the rest of Earth Sphere's populous?” She sat down, Kisa Klamert immediately standing to speak next.
 
“Thanks to our interaction with the six Preventer agents through Johan, the Night Walkers are fully prepared to interact with those from the original side. A number of the younger Night Walkers are looking forward to working with humans.” She locked eyes with Lady Une. “They will be taught proper etiquette before allowed out of our realm.” Lady Une thanked her as Kisa sat down, Takashi now rising to speak.
 
“The Silven are also fully prepared to work with the humans from this side. As with the Night Walkers, many of us are looking forward to it. The Queen has granted leave to all pairs that wish to assist the various governmental agencies but limits them to only the government. She asks that the government remembers their human employees and not exclusively use the pairs.” He met Relena's eyes, subconsciously linking with her to convey the full message. “We are only visitors in the realm; this world has always and will always belong to humans.” He abruptly sat down, his energy seemingly drained from that small speech.
 
Relena inclined her head. “My thanks for the reassurance. I know the other Ministers will be meeting with representatives of both the Silven and Night Walkers to set what guidelines we can.” Her gaze fell on Manx, Heero and Duo. “And are the humans from the mirror side ready?”
 
“From the reports Duo and I have received, along with observations of our groups, I believe they are.” Turning to face Manx, he continued. “Your agents proved invaluable; without their assistance we would not be where we are.”
 
Manx thanked Heero as she began her report. “I agree with Mr. Yuy; we are ready. There are a few cases we are handling individually, but those people have all been identified. Most people I've spoken with, both Kritiker agents and regular people, are quite looking forward to space travel.”
 
“Then the general consensus is to proceed and allow the evacuees to return to Earth?” Lady Une looked down the table at everyone, nods meeting her question. “Then there is only one more point to bring up. Relena, you wished to announce it?”
 
Relena beamed, looking at Duo and Sean, a smile of pure joy on her face. “I requested the two of you be present for this. I am happy to announce the Queen's heir, Nyssa, is pregnant but the ame-neko Elders can't bring the pregnant female ame-neko to her.”
 
Bewildered, Duo stared at Relena. “Uh, no offense Ms. Darlian, but could you explain why you needed to tell me that? I mean, I'm glad for her but…” A sharp intake instantly focused his attention on Sean. Sean met Duo's questioning look, an expression of pure joy on his. “What is it uncle?”
 
“Allow me.” Duo bodily turned in his seat, still visibly puzzled, to face a beaming Takashi. “All our races, Silven and Night Walkers, human and ame-neko, have the same gestation period; nine months. When we learned of Nyssa's pregnancy, we immediately asked the ame-neko Elder which female ame-neko was pregnant. His exact words were `We can not take you to the one with child.' Before, that meant the pregnant ame-neko was on the other side of the barrier. But, with the barrier down…”
 
“There's no reason they can't; except there is one female ame-neko missing.” A grin bloomed on Duo, lighting his whole face. “Kali. And if Kali's alive…”
 
“So is my daughter,” Sean finished, his smile widening even more. “She's alive.”
 
Owari
 
 
A/N
 
Well, that's it. No more, done. Okay, maybe I'll do a sequel but I'm not entirely sure it needs one. A special thanks to Sesshy81, jukebox_csi, renee_dmrs, wizard101, and CYOA Athrunxyou luver for your reviews; your input has helped, believe me! To those of you that are Gundam Wing fans, I do have two other stories I'm working on, both AU's; one is titled And the Two Shall be as One and puts the boys in college (original, I know, but I put my own little spin on things, hehe) and the other is Mixed Drinks and Swords and that one is my version of a fantasy (again, with my own little spin, this one even more so!). Mixed Drinks and Swords looks like it will be finished and up before And the Two Shall be as One.
 
Ah, my second fic finished; this one started the whole mess! I hope everyone has enjoyed reading it; I learned a lot from your reviews and from writing it. Thank you all and see you (hopefully) in my next fics!
 
ShitaeTenshi
PS, this was supposed to have been posted before I went to Anime Boston but…