Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ (songfic) My Confession 1 of 3 (Heero POV) ❯ My Confession ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own the Gundam boys or any other character from the series. I do not own the Songs My Confession, When you say you love me or Remember when it rained. Songs Sung by Josh Groban

Warnings: Angst and suggested death of a character, it's ok people not the boys ^_~

Pairings: 1x2

Rating: PG13

Author: Ryouga.

Author's note: These are all POV's one after the other. Heero's, Duo's, and Relena's in that order.

Author's dedication: Dedicated to Gossamer Wings.

Goss I have to admit you certainly did give me a challenge and a half. I was sure I could knock this up in less than two weeks, but as you can see, it has taken me a lot longer. Finally they are done. I hope they are to your satisfaction and thankyou for throwing it my way. I would never had gone out and brought Josh's Cd if it wasn't for the fact you introduced me to the wonderful talent this young man is gifted with. That and the fact no matter where I went I had trouble finding the songs to download LOL

For Goss; luv ya girl ^_~

29/02/2004

My Confession 1 of 3 (Heero's POV)

They call me the perfect soldier… or at least they used to.

Before the peace returned my missions were all that mattered. There wasn't a mission that I wouldn't accept, destroying anyone and everything that stood in the way of what the hierarchy that commissioned me had been fighting for. I was a pawn in a game of control being used and abused by those who gave me the false life I had been living. Towards the end of the wars, I was more appropriately prepared for my missions than the kindness that suddenly stumbled upon me in the form of you; Duo Maxwell.

I certainly would never have even considered back then sharing an apartment with you either. But I am; and I find it's rather confusing at times. You're so good to me. I guess I'm just not used to being treated with such normalcy.

I am, however, very confused though about what you said to me the other day. It made me blush and I have never done that before; then again, I've never had any one tell me that I look cute when I smile before either. I felt so warm inside and I'm sure I saw you wink at me as you walked off into your room.

My heart is racing just thinking about it.

Wandering thoughts are scattered as you walk through the front door and throw your things to the floor. I glare at you but you just ignore me as always and I wait for you to head off into the kitchen for the next phase in your daily task of annoying me, but instead you walk up to me and throw your arm around my shoulder. I find myself blushing and my heart begins to race once more as you place a quick kiss to the tip of my nose. Only then do you leave me to my unyielding confusion and go on your way.

// I have been blind

Unwilling

To see the true love you're giving

I have ignored every blessing

I'm on my knees Confessing...//

I watch you go, dumbfounded by the feelings that I am experiencing deep within my soul. They have beleaguered me for the past few months while you played your other little *games* like this with me, but I was too unwilling to see it back then, blinded by my own fears.

Unwilling to accept that it was your love I could feel around me, engulfing me and I have ignored your hints and the little things that you do to let me know how much you care.

Usually I take no notice of you, let you play your games, but this time… this time I can't and I am compelled to follow you into the kitchen.

// That I feel myself surrender

Each time I see your face

I am staggered by your beauty

Your unassuming grace

And I feel my heart is turning

Falling into place

I can't hide it

Now hear my confession //

Surprised at hearing my entrance, you turn and face me and I suddenly find my heart has removed itself from the safety of its sanctuary and found it's way to the bottom of my throat. I want to share my own feelings for you, with you, and I feel that I should fall to my knees in order to ask for your forgiveness for denying you them for so long. I can be such a stubborn jerk.

Your amethyst eyes are piercing and I read the questioning look in them as I slowly walk over to you. Even now, as I close the gap between us, I am still fighting internally to keep myself away from you. But I cannot hide any longer the fact that I have always been stunned and bewitched by the beauty that stands before me.

I'm losing this battle for control quite quickly now and I feel my heart turn towards you, pulling me in your direction. Everything I have ever felt for you, that I have tried to hide from you, from myself, is now falling into place. I can't hide from it anymore. I know I'm in love with you.

I have confessed it to myself; just one more hurdle to jump.

As soon as I find the courage.

.

// I have been wrong about you

I thought I was strong without you

For so long nothing could move me

For so long nothing could change me //

I don't know how I could have been this blind, this ignorant, this stupid! I was so wrong about you. I thought that I didn't need your love or support in this way, in any way. I was determined to be strong without you because I am, after all, supposed to be the cold hearted Heero Yuy… the quintessence of destructive power.

For so long I was that perfect soldier everyone talked about; nothing could ever move me, nor change me, but you have.

The perfect soldier isn't supposed to be capable of love. This is impossible!

Damn you!

// Now I feel myself surrender

Each time I see your face

I am captured by your beauty

Your unassuming grace

And I feel my heart turning

Falling into place

I can't hide it

Now hear my confession //

Every day as I watch you, steal that extra sideways glance towards you, see that cherub shaped face, you cause part of my heart to surrender. You should feel yourself privileged, Duo Maxwell. I never surrender to anyone, no matter what the circumstances, but I have been *captured* once too often by the soft loving smile that is always on your face.

You grin as I stop in front of you, we're almost nose to nose. I'm so glad *you* find this amusing, it's not your heart that's somersaulting. I'd say it's already past that stage, judging by the non nervous composure with which you hold yourself up. I wish I could be like that, but this isn't that easy for me. I'm not used to this, the feelings inside of me squirming their way up out of their hiding place leaving me open and defenseless.

To be honest, this perfect soldier has never felt so vulnerable in all his short years of life.

// You are the air I breathe

You're the ground beneath my feet

When did I stop believing? //

I feel your breath on my face, warm and inviting. It's as if you're enticing me, drawing me near, encouraging me to admit that I need you; to admit that you are the air that I breath and the ground beneath my feet that keeps them firmly planted in place.

When did I stop believing in love…? I have been such a fool…

// Cause I feel myself surrender

each time I see your face,

I am staggered by your beauty

Your unassuming grace

And I feel my heart is

Falling into place

I can't hide it

Now hear my confession //

I can no longer hold back, my hand reaches out, touching your cheek and you respond by placing your own over it. I lean into you and you don't give me the chance to back down. Your lips firmly press against my own and the adrenaline is overwhelming as you wrap your arms around me and I know that I have found my place in life. I have always belonged to you, heart, mind and soul.

I feel for Relena. She thought that we would be together some day; but I love her as a friend, nothing more and nothing less. It's something she will just have to cope with and I have told her so.

You release my lips from yours and I wipe her from my mind as you let me up for air.

My face is burning, I can feel it, but you are the happiest I have ever seen you... and it's worth the red tinge on my cheeks. I look you directly in the eyes, not faltering. There's just one thing left to do.

I place my forehead to yours and sigh…

// Now hear my Confession //

"…I love you Duo."

TBC…