Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ 002; How to love your enemy ❯ Into the belly of the beast ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2

-Into the belly of the beast-

*************************************************************** **************************************************

Disclaimers: I don't own Gundam W, or any of these characters, just borrowing them… And I don't own Bond either…

Author: Shibõ

Pairings: Past 13x1, 1x2, 3x4/ 4x3

Warnings: Shounen ai, groping, a kind of fusion with the Bond movies, AU

*************************************************************** **************************************************

Outside The Amethyst, Los Angeles; Wednesday, 07.59 pm

I plucked at the sleeves of my dress nervously, it wasn't my style to cross-dress, but right now it seemed to be the best alternative. I had put up my hair in a ponytail high up on my head and put on a pair of blue contact lenses. My purple-looking eye color would be way too easy to spot and this was an easy way of hiding it. My dress was black, short (too short if you want my meaning but anyway), with sleeves that had lots of lace at the ends. And I was absolutely not used to these high, stiletto-heeled shoes. But I had practiced so it went fairly well. I had easily gotten into Yuy's casino, The Amethyst, and was now just wandering around to get a good look of the place. Say what you wanted about Yuy, he did have style though. Big, crystal chandeliers, silk mats, mahogany tables and all that stuff, really fancy.

"You alone, sweetheart?" The man's breath was more than mildly spiked with alcohol. I grimaced and shook my head as I looked up at him. His clothes were nice `nuff but anyone loses his judgment after enough of alcohol.

"No I'm not alone, so I would prefer to be left by myself." I tried to sound as proud as possible to get him to leave me alone, when all I wanted was to knock him into kingdom come for those eyes raking over my body and his damn hand on my arm.

"But you're alone right now, and I'm sure your man doesn't have anything against sharing." He leered at me and had just gripped me harder as a pale hand was laid over his and a gentle voice interrupted us. And saved this dumbass of a man from his very imminent death.

"On the contrary, Mr. Heson. Mr. Yuy has quite much against sharing." He removed the man's hand. "Mr. Heson's", as his name apparently was, turned to me with a beaming smile. The pale, blond hair and blue-green eyes told me quickly who it was; Winner!

"I see you arrived safely my dear. Mr. Yuy's waiting for you, Miss Maxwell." I stared at him and couldn't do much else beside nod kind of meekly, I was just very surprised. I got an uncomfortable feeling in my stomach that they knew who I was, and it was not good if it was so.

The table where Quatre and Heero were sitting at was separated by Prussian-blue satin curtains. I was nervous, not only because my enemies most probably knew what I was doing and that I was here, but `cause this would be the first time in at least six years that I would see Heero again. Winner held out a chair for me and I, since there was nothing else to do, sat down wondering where Heero was.

"Mr. Yuy will accompany us soon, Miss Maxwell. Let me introduce someone to you first." Winner waved a hand back at the shadows of the curtains where two shadows silently disengaged themselves. I stared at the woman, truly angry for the first time, I had been stalked from the beginning, and they had known right from the start what I was doing!

"This, Miss Maxwell, is Mr. Yuy's bodyguard, Meiran Wushida." He smiled benignly at me and continued, oblivious, or just ignoring, my anger.

"And this is my bodyguard and lover, Trowa Barton." He smiled yet again, but this time at the green eyed, brown- haired young man by Meiran'side, and sat down opposite of me. I smiled at the both bodyguards the best I could, pushing down my resentment.

"Very nice to meet you." I said faintly, doing fairly well in hiding my disgust at the turn of events.

"I see you look as stunning as usual, Helen. Always having something to say." That voice I knew very well, too well for my comfort, in fact, right now. I turned my head from Winner to look up into the captivating cobalt of Heero's eyes instead. What can I say, after six years he hadn't grown ugly at any rate. His moss green (actually a brown color, okey?) hair was in its usual unruly state, making you want to fetch a comb for it. And the light just enhanced his exotic features. He wore a tuxedo so dark blue it was almost black and that nicely complimented to his eyes. He sat down beside me and lifted his hand to hook a strand from my hair behind my ear. I smothered an urge to slap his hand away. This would be a looooong evening I realized.

The dinner went rather well, considering my annoyed state. I didn't say anything I shouldn't have done anyway. I could see that Heero was really satisfied with himself. Not that it showed in his face, but I knew him well enough to at least be able to tell that much. But of course it couldn't continue like this, no he couldn't leave well enough alone. The instant he leaved the table and held out his hand at me I got a lurking suspicion that he would… no he wouldn't…

"Care for a dance, my lovely?" Oh, yes he would. I inwardly sighed; of course he just had to rub it in.

"Of course Mr. Yuy, I'd love to."

This was plain torture; firstly, my shoes were killing me, and secondly, I had to stand that near-smirk that hovered in Heero's eyes and around his mouth. I almost let out a surprised gasp as he groped my ass and let his index-finger tease my entrance briefly through the dress before his hands wandered back up again. I knew I was blushing furiously and glared at him, promising, if not death, then at least something painful by my hands. He just outright smirked at me this time, knowing I could do nothing like that right now. Well, I could wait.

After the dance we went back to the table where Winner and their two bodyguards waited.

"Heero, the Secret Service got wind of that we're here. We have to go right away." Winner sounded nervous, it must be serious then. Maybe I could get away when the others came? Heero nodded and changed his gentle grasp on my wrist to one of steel on my upper arm. There went that idea. I had forgotten how strong Heero is. We hadn't gone more than a few steps before the casino erupted as the people Wufei had sent came crashing in. I even saw Wufei in there.

"Yuy! Hold it right there!!" Wufei roared across room and shot a warning gunshot up into the roof. The shot did unfortunately (or fortunately if you should count it to Yuy's and Winner's side of view) hit one of the crystal chandeliers. The flying sparks and crackling of electricity, and the loss of it, made so the room got kind of dark and that, provided a good distraction in favor of Winner and Yuy. They ran. And I, well I tried, I really did. But you could try and run in stiletto-heeled shoes for the first time with your arm in a vice-like grip and the person holding you running faster than you, it's not easy!

"Heero…wait, I can't run in these!" He just grunted and came to a halt so fast I almost fell, changed his grip so he held me around the waist and then threw me up on his shoulder. This was not what I had intended!

"Put me down right now, Yuy, or you're going to regret this!!" I think I heard him chuckle, but I don't really know and when he for the second time that evening groped my ass I didn't care about stifling my outraged gasp. And now he did laugh. I spluttered angrily, but right now there was nothing I could do.

We all, well not crammed, `cause you can't cram yourself into a limousine if you're just five people, but got into one anyway and high-tailed our way to the shuttle-airport. I glowered fiercely at the now-impassive face of Heero Yuy, trying my best at a `death-glare', but I don't know if I succeeded that well.

"Do you really believe you're going to get away with that?" I asked, more than a little pissed.

"We already have a shuttle ready for take off, Mr. Maxwell. Do you really believe that we won't get away?" Winner sounded awfully pleased with himself.

"I wasn't necessarily talking about you getting out of here or not, Winner. What I was talki…" My grumbling got interrupted then by a, I must admit, pleasing, slightly husky, and nasal baritone.

"He was talking about my getting away with what I did earlier this evening to him Quatre, right Duo?"

"Right. And who gave you permission of using my first name, Yuy?" I crossed my arms and turned to him.

"The same one who gave me permission of taking liberties with your body, and the same one who gave me permission to do this." I wasn't ready at all when he leaned close, put one hand behind my head, the other round my waist and pressed his lips to mine. My arms were now locked against his chest, still crossed, and perfectly secured. His tongue came snaking out of his mouth and even if I didn't give him permission to enter, I didn't bite him either as he forced his way in. I mean, I liked, ok I confess; love him, and didn't want to hurt him. We battled a few seconds for the command and I was utterly defeated, which gave him the opportunity of exploring my mouth. Which he did; every nook and cranny of it. It was heaven until the lack of oxygen began to make itself known and forced us to go for air. I tried to glare as I took some gasping breaths and licked my lips, but I don't think I succeeded that well.

"That means…" He said and smiled a little self-consciously. "… me."

On a shuttle towards ???; Thursday, 02.05 am

I stared out the window by my seat, totally uninterested by the darkness outside. Heero had left his seat beside me some minutes ago to do something, he hadn't said what. We had flied around two and a half hours now, and where we were going was still a mystery to me. Which it with most probability was supposed to be. Heero was back, but he didn't go back to his seat immediately and that set some alarm off. I frowned and turned to meet his stare. And swallowed. He had a syringe in one hand, and I paled. My experiences of needles were all bad. He seemed to look a bit apologetically at me, but with Heero you never know.

"I'm sorry Duo, but we can't have you knowing where we are going or where the hideout is." He rolled up the sleeve of my borrowed shirt and I looked away, trying to think of something else. I knew it was no meaning in struggling, `cause Meiran stood right behind Heero, indicating that all fighting would be useless.

"Duo." I turned my head and got caught in a kiss. Heero held it till everything got dark and I lost consciousness.

Winner's hideout outside Istanbul; Thursday, 09.31 am

I woke up on a very big bed with a canopy. //Nice…// I thought slowly, thinking still a bit slurred by the drug. I got aware of the fact that my hair wasn't in my customary braid, neither in the ponytail I'd had earlier this evening… No, yesterday, I realized, since it was light outside and not still dark. I sat up slowly, coordination not what it should be and looked around. Big, light, and with open, full-length windows, that was letting in a slight breeze. I smiled slowly at the sight, delighted and not yet wondering what I was doing here and why I wasn't in my own apartment in the outskirts of Washington. That was right, why was I here and not home? Then I remembered what had happened the last few days since I got my mission of finding out what it was Heero and Quatre was planning and… and if I got the chance I was supposed to kill Heero. I couldn't do it. If things hadn't happened the way they had, then maybe… But not now, not with those kisses and when it seemed like he was returning my feelings.

After a nice, hot bath I felt much better, probably because what was left of the drug had finally been worked out of my system. And right now I sat fighting with my uncooperative, tangled mass of hair. There was a nock on the door and the second after that Heero came in.

"What if I would have been naked or something, huh? Do you usually barge right in without waiting for a reply?" He just shrugged, apparently he did not care about such things like privacy.

"Want some help with that?" He indicated my unsuccessful battle with my wet hair. I stuck out my tongue and blew him a raspberry, but nodded.

"Yeah, that would be nice. It seems it picked today to be especially unhelpful." I smiled in, what I hoped was, a charming way and gave over the brush to see if Heero would be more successful.

I looked around the dining room, missing a few persons.

"Where're Quatre, Trowa and Meiran? Weren't they supposed to eat with us?" I had been here for four days now, but I was actually never bored, Heero saw to that. Probably because he knew how I could be when I was bored. And that is not a pretty sight.

"Meiran had work to do and Quatre and Trowa wanted some quality time together." We had called HQ and Wufei the other day to make clear I wasn't harmed, but Heero made it very clear that if they tried to find me or interrupted in some of their more important affaires, I would suffer for that. But I got the feeling that I wouldn't actually get hurt in the strict meaning of the word, but rather that I would suffer in some other way.

"Heero, you can't really be serious about that you did all this just to get to me, it must be something more you were planning for, it can't be that easy." The first day I was here Heero told me he'd just done enough racket to make them believe that he and Quatre planned something, just to get me. And I, on the other hand, didn't believe it. It was undoubtedly flattering but there just had to be something more behind it. I didn't want to believe that Zechs had died just for me. That my Mustang had been driven to a smoldering wreck just for that.

"Is it so hard to believe?" I only stared at him, he couldn't fool me. He smiled at me then. "You're so cute when you glare. What Quatre and I were planning for? To kill the president of the UESA."

"WHAT?!!" He said it like it wasn't something special, like it was nothing at all.

Heero fixed me with one of his stares, pinning me to my chair.

"You know he does a really bad job and neither the Earth nor the Colonies can wait till the next election for a new president. We're only ready to do more than the average person in accomplishing our goals. That's the job Meiran was sent to do." I blinked, he couldn't be serious! Unfortunately he seemed to mean every word of it.

"But… But, you can't just…" I spluttered, not able to find my words or any real objections. Everybody knew how bad a job president Darlian did, it was a fact. He looked patiently and gently at me, waiting for me to either shut up or come up with a good protest. I couldn't, and so did the former of the two things.

Colony L1, at a hideout for a local mafia boss; Monday 04.43 pm

It was three and a half months since my kidnapping, and I was back in business. Meiran had succeeded in killing Darlian and now Sally Po was the new president of the UESA. And Yuy and Winner had disappeared to who knows where. It annoyed me to no end, I mean, you find the guy you love, he loves you back, and then he goes underground without a word. What kind of boyfriend does that?! I waited patiently for the sign so that we could finish this damn assignment. I wasn't allowed to work with anything that even remotely had to do with either Winner or Yuy, as if I couldn't take care of myself! There it was, finally! We broke down the door and rushed in. After we had secured the gathering of mafias on the ground floor we spread out to look for any remaining thugs on the second and third floors. Me and my group took the third floor.

"Spread out and yell if you see anything suspicious at all, understood?" They all nodded and we separated. I'm not sure why I didn't fetch one of the others when I saw the slightly open door, all the others were closed and/or locked, after all it was just a couple of steps back, but anyway I didn't, and that was my mistake. I inched up the door, but since I didn't see anything I jumped in and looked around. A shadow detached itself from the wall. A very familiar shadow…

"Heero!??" I whipped around as the door slammed shut; Meiran. "What are you doing here, Yuy? I thought you'd decided to disappear till things calmed down?" I waved my gun around a little hesitantly; I couldn't very well shoot my own boyfriend. He just shrugged and made a fleeting gesture with his hand.

"Remember what I said to Wufei about him interfere with our more important affaires and that you'd suffer for that if he did?" I nodded, of course I did, he'd been very convincing.

"Well…"

Meiran came up behind me and since I didn't have my mind on either her or my gun she took it from me easily. It wasn't before she slipped a pair of cuffs on me that I realized my mistake, and that Heero had been serious about that threat.

"He-heero..?" He closed what distance there was between us and smiled down at me. I did not like that smile.

"... He did interrupt a very important meeting for us a couple of days ago, and I always keep my promises." His smile grew till it was an outright grin and then he threw me over his shoulder again. I'm rather sure my scream shook the whole building.

"YUY!!!"

~ Owari ~