Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ 1 Blood on the Window ❯ Unstable ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Unstable

"What's up?" I asked Duo, who was hanging behind everyone else as we walked through the zoo.

"Heero told me that Kayla called." he replied, frowning slightly at me.

"Well, yeah. She's been bugging me the last couple weeks about you."

He stared at me.

I shrugged, "I just figured you were done with her, so I've been putting her off. I finally told her to talk to Heero, because he'd be able to turn her down for you."

"I'm not…I mean…" Duo sputtered a second, stopping completely to stare at me.

I raised my eyebrow at him, "Oh really?"

"Shut-up." he snapped at me, moving passed me, "I'm going to the church later. Are you coming or not?"

It was my turn to stop. Duo hadn't gone to church since he first got here.

"We're losing him now, what did you do?" Heero demanded from behind me, shoving me so I stumbled-after jumping. I hadn't seen him fall back.

"Fuck you!" I snapped at him, righting myself again.

He laughed, "Seriously, though." he muttered, watching Duo as he caught up to the group and scooped Alexia into his arms.

"I just told him Kayla's been bugging me." I returned.

He smacked me upside the head-to which I punched him in the stomach.

Needless to say, it deteriorated from there.

.

I surveyed my friends with a calm-detachment. They were both winded and mussed, but not bruised or otherly hurt.

They'd only been fighting in the middle of the zoo.

Heero was staring directly back at me, and Wufei was staring off to the side.

"Daddy, why were they fighting?" Lea asked, moving up to grab my hand and stare at the pair as if they were also exhibits.

"They were playing and got too rough." I explained.

"Vamanos," Alexia muttered, coming up to tug at my other hand, "They can have a time out."

I grinned evilly at them before smiling at the girl, "That's an excellent idea."

Heero narrowed his eyes at me.

I led the group out of the office with a girl at each hand, talking about bad tios or something. Lea had picked up on calling them that, and also calling Relena 'Tia 'rena'. It was cute.

"You get more than a time out." Relena informed Heero, brushing past me as he stood to chase after her.

Duo stopped him, studying his eyes, "I'm not going to ask why the hell you two did that, and obviously no one else wants to know, so I suggest you let her cool down before you two break up again."

Heero glowered at Duo and Duo backed down, not meeting his eyes.

I was interested to note that Heero did not actually chase after Relena.

Trowa raised an eyebrow at me, then broke between Duo and Heero-seeing as Heero was still glaring at Duo. Wufei took the little space between the two with a dark expression, latching onto Duo's hand and resting his chin on the guy's shoulder.

Duo blinked at him-and Wufei blinked back. Duo tried to free his hand, but Wufei wasn't letting go.

"What are you doing?" Duo demanded in amusement, forgetting about Heero as the wolf stormed from the office building.

"Smile for me, and I'll behave."

Duo stared at him in amazement.

"Don't smile…and I'll…" Wufei's mouth moved treacherously close to Duo's throat, "Have some…fun…" he actually brushed his tongue across Duo's skin.

Duo made a disgusted noise, wiping his throat with his free hand and moving to break from Wufei's grip, "You sick-ass…"

"Pappa," Lea muttered, tugging at my hand since everyone else was waiting a few feet in front of me.

"Just a minute," I informed her, letting her and Alexia's hands go.

Wufei, meanwhile had moved to kiss Duo's throat, and Duo was laughing as he tried to avoid it.

"You said if he smiled you'd leave him alone," I reminded Wufei, smirking slightly, "He's smiling."

Wufei laughed, pulling away from Duo to grin at me, then wink at Duo, "But he tastes like peaches."

"What the hell do you mean by that?" Duo snapped as the Chinese guy danced through the open door and past me, taking refuge near Heero and Relena-behind them, actually.

I met Duo's eyes and he stared directly back at me in astonishment.

I shook my head after a while, "I really don't want to know." I informed him, turning and starting away, "Even when you get it figured out."

.

I yawned as I sat alone in my room, reading. In the distance I could hear Lea and Alex giggling and a tv going. I figured this meant that Quatre was sitting in his room with the girls, watching cartoons. I always sat and watched tv with Alexia. It was amazing, how distracted I was when I was getting quiet time.

I set my book down, staring toward the ceiling, thinking of Leticia again. No matter how hard I tried to forget her, to get over her, it was impossible. She was the mother of my child, and even if she'd done nothing else for me, she'd brought Alexia to term and had a healthy baby girl-for me. She hadn't really wanted to stay pregnant. She'd seriously considered abortion.

Alexia was giggling again.

Maybe that was why she left me.

My mind wandered back to a discussion with Heero I'd had. He and Relena had both agreed that it would be a good idea for me to get out of Mexico. No one ever had enough cash to visit the North American continent, and leaving it had been just about as hard. I loved Miraina, of course, she was like my own mother, but Letty's siblings were nothing like my friends.

Had that been an invite for me to move in here? Like Duo? Or did they want me to get an apartment, like Wufei? They'd let Wufei live with them until he got on his feet, and Heero had commented several times that the only reason they'd gotten a house so large was so we could come and go as we pleased and they'd never have to turn us down-plus, he'd added, when they finally had kids they wouldn't have to make major changes until Relena had a litter.

Heero'd gotten smacked for that, of course.

I had a feeling that neither Miraina nor Alexia would be too pleased with the idea of me taking my baby away. Of course, Miraina would understand, but Alexia?

I could hear her giggling again, and Quatre was talking…

On the plus side, Hilde would be more than happy to assist me with babysitting, she wanted her own kids so badly she was trying to steal Quatre's and mine. I grinned at that idea.

"Hi, Kayla?"

The house went rather quiet, other than the running television and chattering girls.

"I know! I'm sorry!" Duo's voice was amazingly confident, "I just got distracted. I hadn't visited Heero in a year or something…yeah, I know. I'm sorry…I'm…really, I said I'm sorry and I am. No…I was…was wondering if you wanted to go out tonight?"

I sat up, smirking as I heard people moving toward their doors.

"Eight is fine…yeah…well, The Valley is nice…I know…well, you can show me the town…"

I met Heero and Quatre's eyes as they both looked at me.

"Wufei is feeding him lines," Heero whispered, "I think he is, anyway."

Quatre sniggered.

Duo faltered on something, and we all heard Wufei's muffled laughter, "Sorry, I'm being bothered at the moment."

Wufei was laughing harder.

"I wonder what he told him to say."

I shook my head.

"All right, I'll see you then…what?" we all heard Duo's complete astonishment, "All right," he added, then hung up. "She told me to bring condoms."

Wufei died laughing.

I led the three of us into Duo's room, raising an eyebrow at him. He'd, evidently, been beating Wufei with a pillow.

Wufei laughed even harder.

"Um…hey," Duo muttered.

I grinned at him, "So I take it you won't be home tonight?"

Duo blushed.

Heero started laughing, "Or half of tomorrow, if Kayla has her way."

,

"Is it just me, or does Duo look extremely shell-shocked?" Quatre muttered, pointing to Duo.

It was Tuesday evening, and Duo'd been wandering vacantly for an hour or so.

"Yeah, just a little." I agreed, smirking at them, "I guess I hadn't mentioned the extent of Kayla's enthusiasm."

"I'd like to know how you'd know, seeing as you've been with Relena for a couple years now."

I laughed, thinking over our past, "She cheats on me, she leaves me, I cheat on her, we make up, and we do it all over again. It's a very healthy cycle."

Trowa snorted.

I laughed, shrugging, "Relena and I fight and when we split up we adhere strictly to 'don't ask, don't tell.' policy."

They stared at me.

"What?" I demanded, looking from one to the other, "At least we stayed together."

That brought a few flinches and cold looks, but it was the truth. Never-mind the fact that Letty and Maria had initiated the break-ups, never-mind the fact that Quatre and Trowa had tried. Relena and I had pulled some pretty nasty shit on each other, and we were happily together.

Duo suddenly sat next to me, studying my eyes, "What about me tastes like peaches?" he demanded.

They all stared at me.

I could see Wufei again, daring me to give Duo a hickies again, staring at me with challenging eyes over his half empty bottle of beer.

"Um…your throat." I grinned at him.

He studied me a long moment before standing up and walking away, disappearing upstairs.

"Okay," Trowa muttered, shaking his head, "I want to know what the hell you keep saying that for."

I scratched my chin as I studied him a moment, considering my options.

"I don't think we want to know," Quatre countered, meeting his eyes, "I think it's something better left between the three of them."

"But Duo doesn't even know what happened," Trowa countered.

"That is true, but for Duo's sanity, maybe it should be left where it lies."

"I think it'll drive Duo mad because he has no idea if he was a willing participant."

"He wasn't," I reassured them, "We held him down."

They stared at me with huge eyes.

I laughed evilly, rising to my feet, "Let's get Hilde to baby-sit tonight, and go drinking. We don't have a lot of time before you go home."

"You're telling us that you and Wufei held Duo down for…god knows what reason," Quatre countered, "And then you suggest we all go get drunk with you?"

I scratched my hair, thinking about that, "Yeah."

Trowa shrugged, meeting Quatre's eyes, "All right."

Quatre stared at him a long moment before looking back to me and nodding slowly, "But I swear to you…if you do something to me…"

I brushed the threat off dismissively, "You're not fun to fuck with, and I doubt you taste good." I winked at them, laughing as I started up the stairs.

.

"I dare you to chug that," I muttered to Wufei, who was easily the drunkest of us all.

His laughter was evil, "I dare you to kiss me."

I blinked at him, raising an eyebrow.

Wufei sniggered, chugging his drink and raising his eyebrows at me.

I laughed, "Fuck no!"

"So it's my turn again," Wufei muttered, looking Heero, Quatre, and Trowa over. He pointed at Heero, "You know the drill."

Heero laughed evilly, rising to his feet and moving toward me.

"Hey, now!" I protested, jumping to my feet, knocking my chair over in the process. I wasn't sure why, but I really did not want to let Heero catch me.

"Duo!"

I turned, instantly distracted by Kayla's voice-and grunted as I was born backwards by a mass of body weight.

"Heero, leave him alone!" Kayla protested, moving up to us and sliding between my and Heero's bodies to smile down at me, "He's in good hands now." she added over her shoulder as Heero started pulling back. He seemed alarmed.

I laughed, kissing her back as she lay across me.

"I think we're going to get a show," Wufei noted.

"Not on your life, Chang." Kayla returned happily, meeting his eyes and grinning before meeting my eyes, "Unless you want to."

I blinked at her, following the logic a bit more slowly as Wufei's eyes sparkled at me, 'Say yes.' he mouthed.

I shook my head, sitting up.

"Just do it," he muttered at me, "Come on, it'd be fun…"

"Are you trying to get him to threesome, fucker?" Trowa asked, smacking Wufei upside the head.

Wufei laughed evilly.

Trowa looked to Quatre, "And we thought Duo'd be safe with him."

Quatre laughed, "No, you thought Duo would be safe with him. I know better. He's not safe with any of us if Heero gets his claws on us."

"Hey, now." Heero protested.

I laughed, pulling myself off the floor and sitting back in my chair, "You want to finish this?" I asked my auburn-haired angel.

"Thank you." she returned, kissing me sweetly as she took it, sitting in my lap.

"So you're Kayla," Trowa muttered, smiling at her, "I was wondering if I'd get to meet you."

She blushed, meeting my eyes.

I grinned at Trowa thankfully before meeting her eyes and winking.

"I'm Trowa," Trowa added, "And this is Quatre. You seem to know Wufei and Heero, so I'll leave those lie."

"What's the occasion?" she asked, her dark voice laced with pleasure as she sipped at my drink again, looking around at all of us, "I'm not interrupting anything, am I?"

"You did," Heero returned, grinning slightly.

"It was for the better, believe me," Quatre reassured her before Wufei could speak, "We're just getting drunk together. Nothing special. How about you?"

She giggled, looking down, "I called the house and Relena told me that Duo was out."

"So you came looking for him?" Trowa raised an eyebrow at her.

"No!" she protested, her long hair smacking my face as she turned her head, "I didn't have anything better to do, so I…"

"Came to the bar where Wufei works." Heero muttered, smirking.

Kayla blushed, looking to me for help.

"Sorry, I didn't think to tell Relena to direct you to us."

Kayla smiled happily at me, kissing me again.

Heero rocked back on two legs of his chair, his expression irritated-I wondered what about Kayla irritated him so much. He always seemed more than pleased to hoist me off on her, but tonight…

Kayla had started kissing my throat, turning her body so she was straddling my lap-I could swear she was purring like a kitten.

"You know, that sort of stops everything," Wufei muttered to Heero.

"I had noticed that."

"So we have two options, make her and Duo leave…or just ask her to leave."

"But Duo's enjoying himself," Trowa protested, "Why make his fun stop just because there's a pretty girl to watch have fun?"

"You have a point as well," Heero added.

Kayla was ignoring them, "Mm…" she muttered, pulling away from my throat and nibbling my ear, "You taste good."

This got a few raised eyebrow looks.

"If we ask her to leave, she'll get upset, which will make Duo upset." Quatre informed them.

"But if she stays," Wufei went on, "We won't act the same, and it won't be our night."

Kayla started giggling, pulling away from me, "Oh fine, I'll go."

"Thank you, darlin'," Wufei said happily, toasting her with his empty glass, "I always knew you were an amicable sweetheart."

"Despite what I've said," Heero agreed, also toasting her.

She gave him a dark look, then turned to me as she pulled off my lap, kissing me in a way that should only be suitable for the bedroom. She winked at me, toasting all of us with my glass, then downed it, kissing me again…before walking away.

I watched her go, grinning.

"I think Duo should get burnt at the stake for that." Trowa informed us.

I laughed evilly, turning to meet all of their eyes.

Heero shook his head, downing his glass.

.

I sighed as I looked at my daughter, sleeping soundly in a ball next to me, her long hair fanned out across the bed in her tiny pink nightgown. I knew there'd been a reason I hadn't gotten drunk off my ass, and that reason was sleeping next to me.

Wufei, however, had no such control.

I could hear him vomiting in the bathroom, and Duo was talking to him quietly.

I did, however, still feel drunk.

I sighed, rising carefully from the bed, watching Lea to be sure she didn't wake up. We'd come home at two or so to find Hilde sleeping between the girls on the couch and Relena cleaning up in the kitchen. She'd sent Trowa and I to bed, which had been reinforced by Hilde-and then she'd had Heero bring the girls up.

I'd wanted to argue with her that this was a stupid idea, but Heero had brought Marlea up first with no problems, followed by Alexia, who also came out unharmed.

Trowa'd been pissed, though. Heero had been extremely careful and forced Trowa to follow him into the hall when Trowa was bitching about him being drunk by his girl.

The argument, of course, had dissipated when Heero pointed out that Tro was more drunk than he was, and that the girl was sleeping. He'd added that Trowa needed to lie down and shut up before Heero shut him up…which had Wufei laughing his ass off in Duo's room.

I had a feeling there'd be something more to say about that in the morning.

"Drink this," Duo ordered quietly, "Rinse your mouth first." a moment later there was the sound of liquid moving down the drain, "Now drink that. Then you can brush your teeth." silence fell for a long moment before Wufei made a disgusted gagging sound and spat again.

A few more minutes passed before I could hear Wufei walking heavily across the hall-the door to Duo's room shut.

I moved into the hall, blinking at the light coming from the bathroom and closing my bedroom door quietly.

Duo was pissing with the door open.

"Nice." I muttered, moving to lean against the door-jamb.

"Go back to bed." he returned in an almost irritated tone, "I'll be done in a second."

"I'm sick to my stomach, I have to pee like you wouldn't believe, and I think I will be puking come dawn. Humor me, would you?"

He gave me a look, finishing up and flushing the toilet, moving to the sink, "It's all yours."

"You're still in there." I reminded him.

"Yeah, but I don't care."

I laughed, moving around him as he washed his hands, drying them and pulling the door shut after himself. I could hear him moving down the stairs and wondered what the hell he was doing.

By the time I'd opened the door, he was waiting for me and staring off to his right. He was shaking a bottle of something sickly pink in one hand and had a glass of water in the other, "What is this?" he asked, looking back to me, "Grand Central Station?"

I blinked into the darkness, realizing that Trowa was waiting for me and moved aside for him.

Duo passed me the glass of water, which I sipped at a moment, watching as he poured the pink stuff into a cup-realizing it was Pepto-Bismol. He passed that to me, "That might help."

"Or make me puke," I agreed, passing the glass back to him and taking the small cup, staring at the pink stuff. I really was wondering if it was some sort of poison, not that I'd ever mention that to anyone else.

"Which would also help." Duo muttered, "Drink it."

I sighed and took the shot as I had been at the bar, making a face as the dizzy sickness washed my system again.

"Here." he added, passing me the cup, "I don't suggest you drink it right now, but in ten or fifteen minutes have another drink."

I nodded as he shook the bottle of Pepto up again, measuring out another shot and focusing on the bathroom door as Trowa came out, flicking off the light.

I blinked at the startling darkness a moment before turning and moving carefully back into my room.

"That's nasty." Trowa informed Duo.

"So drink it fast." Duo ordered.

I listened to Trowa grumble as I lay back down and Marlea moved across the bed to lay in my arms, wondering why Duo was so sure of himself. He was arguing with Trowa in a no-nonsense fashion over drinking the medicine. Finally, a long silence fell before Trowa made a disgusted sounding gasp.

"See, it wasn't so bad." Duo said easily, moving back into the bathroom and running the water, "Wufei used this cup earlier," he added, "So there's nothing wrong with it. Here. Not all of it. Just some, put it by your bed, like I told Quatre."

Trowa grumbled something else and the hall fell silent. A moment later, Trowa's door closed and I wondered why Duo hadn't gone back to bed….

"Well, Choir-boy?" Heero's tone suggested that he was daring Duo to do something.

"Take it, or I'll kick your ass," Duo retorted.

There was a long silence before Heero also made a disgusted noise, moving into the bathroom to spit in the sink.

Well, that explained that.

"You can get your own damn water," Duo informed Heero, his voice moving along the hall, "I'm going back to bed."

.

Relena was disgustingly chipper.

She was bouncing around the kitchen, all sweetness and light. She'd made us all breakfast-which we were currently picking at, and I wondered if the others realized she was being manipulative. I knew that we didn't have to eat all the pancakes and scrambled eggs she'd set before us, because she liked to overload me with food when she decided I'd gotten disgustingly drunk.

I'd been able to walk, talk…and carry the girls upstairs, so I didn't know what her problem was. We'd told her we'd be out until probably two, and I'd told her I was getting the others as drunk as I could manage.

Lea and Alex were eating happily as they danced in their seats to the radio Relena had playing just a little too loud, and I could tell she was having a bit too much fun putting us through hell.

"Relena, turn it off." I muttered finally, frowning up at her, "Stop cooking."

This got startled looks from my friends, but a level look from my girlfriend.

She cracked more eggs into skillet.

"Oh, so you want us to puke." I muttered, glaring at her, "Fine." I started shoveling food in my mouth, trying not to gag as I tried to swallow.

"What are you doing?" she snapped at me, blinking at me with startled eyes.

"You want us to eat, don't you?" I demanded, feeling the nausea creeping up to uncontrollable levels, "So I'm eating."

I didn't manage to get the next bit of food into my mouth before I was moving for the downstairs bathroom.

Relena followed me, making slight angered noises.

"Cover your ears, Lea." Quatre said firmly.

"Alexia." Trowa agreed.

I started to puke as Relena flashed on the bathroom light, shutting the door behind us, "Are you happy?" she demanded of me.

I couldn't talk however, gasping for breath between heaves.

At least she'd stop being angry now-and she'd stop putting a guilt-trip on my friends, who'd done nothing more than drink a round or two too many.

"Are you all right?" she was all concern now, running her hands down my back-which I shrugged off, taking a breath and bracing myself against the back of the toilet.

"Just go," I ordered, taking a heaving breath. I wasn't done yet, and talking wasn't helping a damned thing.

"Heero…"

"Go."

She fled.

I groaned-continuing to empty the contents of my stomach.



. E/N: Thank you, RaceUlfson, I appreciate the review!