Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ 2001 ❯ The Perfect Plan ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]

2001

The study of history is realizing that the source of every current existence lies in the past.

~Brea Ettel

Chapter One: An Unusual Battle

AUTHOR'S NOTE: The original version has been revised to what you see here. The plot remains consistent, but there are better descriptions and perhaps some added scenes. If you have already read the older version, you don't have to reread (Though I would recommend it.) unless you want to get the extra tidbits that have been added. It will not affect the plot, though.

Disclaimer: I do not own Gundam Wing. I never have. Never will. I find that very depressing.

"So, today's the big day?" Duo asked casually rocking back on his chair. He was referring to the fact that Heero had been planning the perfect attack strategy for weeks, and was ready to initiate it. Heero just grunted slightly, which obviously meant "yes". The Gundam pilots stood gathered around Heero's computer as he presented them with their maneuvering tactics. The computer screen flashed with detailed 3-D models of the gundams attacking OZ Leos. It presented every possible maneuvering pattern OZ had previously used and showed how to counter attack each one. It was a strategy that only the elite Heero Yuy could be responsible for creating.

"Pretty Impressive," Wufei commented as the presentation ended. His arms were crossed as he leaned against the table watching with dark penetrating eyes. OZ would finally pay for everything. He would avenge the death of the one who had died for him. *

"Now all we have to do is put our plan into action," Trowa added. Everyone turned to gaze at him; he was usually reticent so it was an attention-grabber when he did speak.

Duo smiled with arms stretched in the air in a dramatic show of lethargy, "I don't know what's keeping you guys, but I'm ready to kick some OZ butt." He pulled himself up from the chair and ran a hand against his forehead. The god of death walked away with his braid swaying behind him.

"Duo's right," Heero said getting up from the seat he had right in front of the computer.

Duo quickly turned around, while going through the doorway, looking rather shocked, "Wow for once the immortal one agreed with me." He turned back around and walked into the hangar to Deathscythe, which stood awaiting him. Everyone followed him without further ado. "Well, buddy, we ready to do another day's worth of work?" he asked, though Deathscythe never responded. He ran his hand along the strong gundanium metal knowing that no one could stand a chance against the dynamic duo of his gundam and himself.

"Stop blabbing and let's go!" Wufei shouted from the cockpit of Shenlong. He had not dawdled like Duo had; instead, he had gone straight to his gundam prepared to take OZ down.

Duo sighed and obediently boarded on to Deathscythe. The clangor of metal resounded through the room as five cockpits closed and five gundams prepared to head out into battle.

The plan was quite simple; all the gundams had to do was attack OZ at once but from different sides. Heero had perfectly planned each gundam's position according to the weaknesses of each pilot and the breaches in OZ maneuverings. He would lead the attack, ofr course, as the unsung leader of the group. As the five gundams surreptitiously crept up on the base, they began to arrange themselves into the proper places for the attack. The OZ base looked rather peaceful that day, but the pilots wouldn't be fooled. Wufei's eyes gleamed with anger as he saw the high-class edifice that was the OZ base. "How dare they have such lofty bases when people are suffering and dying on decrepit colonies that could use this funding!"

Heero watched the building coming closer and closer with extreme composure. Inside that organization plans were being made that would determine the fate of earth, and he was going to stop them. Organization like that could not be allowed to thrive, lest more like himself would have to be born to stop them. He would end it all today.

* * *

Zechs and Treize were discussing battle tactics in the tracking room while watching the last few battles between OZ and the gundams. The battles had proved to be a failure for OZ; they were no match for the mobile suits one on one, but their sheer number was what kept their organization from dying out.

"Treize," Zechs said uneasily when he noticed some activity on the radar system, "there are five enemy suits headed straight for us." It didn't take him long to recognize the radar patterns of the mobile suits. There was no doubt about it; they were gundams.

"Only five?" Treize answered rather coolly, "That's it?" He was expecting the low suited MS of scattered guerillas.

"They are gundams, Treize," Zechs stated forcefully, hoping Treize would grasp the urgency of the situation, "if we don't launch a counterattack, they could easily turn this base into sizzling ashes."

"Gather your best men, and let's go fight them off," Treize ordered, his face reflecting his understanding of the situation, "I'll be coming too." He wasn't going to be a coward and stay back while his soldiers were risking their lives.

"Yes sir," Zechs stood up and saluted before running to enforce the orders.

* * *

"Where's our welcoming committee?" Duo asked observing that enemy suits had not yet been launched. He had figured that an organization like OZ would have an equip enough tracking system to have a counterattack ready well before they had arrived. Especially with the circuitous route they had taken. Or perhaps that had thrown them off and they had been not considered as a threat.

"Right over there!" Quartre shouted as the enemy suits streamed out. They resembled a swarm of locusts coming to ravage a village's crops. "That's all they are," Quatre thought, "locusts, ones that destroy lives and happiness."

"Alright, remember the plan," Heero reminded them briskly before the battle commenced.

Tallgeese lead the Leos, and behind Tallgeese in the first Leo was obviously Treize. Wing gundam flew forward towards Tallgeese and the beam sabers began to clash with slivers of colored light flying through the air. Everything was going as planned, the other four gundams wiped out most of the Leos in a few seconds leaving only Zechs and Treize. Heero was about to give a finishing blow to Treize when something rather unexpected happened… his beam saber short circuited and there was a large explosion that consumed all five gundams as well as Treize and Zechs …



* * *



Heero hit the ground on his bottom with a soft thud; the impact didn't hurt; however, because he had landed on sand. "Where the heck am I?!" he thought, remembering that only seconds ago he was in a rigorous battle that had almost resulted in victory. Heero looked around shocked to see the other gundam pilots as well as Treize and Zechs also on the ground a few feet away from him. Duo was red faced and looking around in disbelief on the verge of throwing a fit.

"Would someone please explain what is going on?" Zechs asked rather annoyed, his long platinum blond hair was flying in the rough wind. Luckily, his mask shielded his face from the abrasive sand particles soaring dangerously through the air.

"We'd tell you if we knew Mask boy!" Duo answered impatiently; he didn't know exactly how to react to the situation.

"Something tells me we aren't in Kansas anymore," Quartre commented sheepishly. He sat cross-legged on the sand enjoying the feeling of the warm wind blowing against his face. His fighting goggles shielded his eyes from any nuisances that might try to irk his eyes.

"Well, it doesn't take a genius to see that we aren't where we started!" Wufei snapped. He was intolerant in situations that did not play the way he had wanted them to play out. "Victory was so close," he thought, "justice so near…"

"Calm down!" Heero shouted, and everyone obeyed without question even the OZ soldiers. The four other pilots knew from the fact that Heero had raised his voice that they were in quite a predicament. He wished for silence to mull over what just happened and why they were now in the middle of no where. "Ok, let's see, my beam saber short circuited and there was a big explosion."

"We're DEAD?!" Duo said jumping off the ground in hasty conclusion, "but that's not possible I'm TOO young to die!" Duo pouted and angrily grabbed a rock and threw it at Treize.



"Will you stop that!" Treize stated while ducking the flying stone. It landed an inch away from where he was situated.

"Now everyone calm down!" Quatre chided while gesturing with his hands. The attention of everyone turned to him except for Heero's.

The wind blew even more harshly and a newspaper flew by; using acute reflexes, he snatched it up mid air. His eyes scanned it to discover that the date at the top read: July 6, 2001. Heero bit his lower lip thinking, "How are we ever going to get out of this one?"

*This is a reference to Episode Zero Manga in which you find out about how Wufei's wife, Meilin, is killed while trying to protect Wufei during an attack. Meilin called herself Nataku and was a firm believer in Justice. At the time, Wufei did not believe in Justice, but after her death, he dedicated his life to upholding it. -sniffles- Such a sad story.

Author's Note: I hope you enjoy! Please R and R!