Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ 30 Days of Drabble ❯ Day 29: Delirium ( Chapter 29 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: This one really doesn't make much sense. I'm sorry! I got all caught up in the dream-like phantasmagoria, was thinking about ghosts and tried to work in my idea that Duo might be a bit agoraphobic (colonies are enclosed!). If you've ever lived in the mountains and then went somewhere the ground was flat, it's really off-putting and I only lived in a mountainous region for about three years. [Rules for this challenge are in chapter one.]


Day: 29
Prompt: phantasmagoria /fan-taz-muh-GOR-ee-uh/, noun: 1. A shifting series or succession of things seen or imagined, as in a dream. 2. Any constantly changing scene.
Fandom: Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
Character: Duo
Disclaimer: Bandai, Sotsu and Sunrise own Gundam Wing. I just use the characters for my own amusement and with any luck at all, your amusement as well.

Warnings: It's a bit visually graphic in parts. Skip if you don't like gory things.


Delirium

He fought against the pull of the drugs, bashing against the sedation with mere will alone, but his efforts were proven futile as he fell downward into a deep, helpless sleep. With the sleep came not oblivion, but a dream, vibrant and full, dark and terrifying.

Set within the dream was a message. It was too vivid to be otherwise. First the dark turned to a soft, sort of shadowy light. The light revealed a crow's wing, perfectly frozen, hovering above the shiny black floor. The wing dripped a fat red drop that fell into the reflection of the floor, splattering on a human heart, still bleeding but bearing a silver stiletto.

He tried to step back, to look away, but his focus was pulled by that still beating organ and one of his hands reached out of their own accord. It passed into the mirror and the skin of his hand turned putrid. He struggled to pull it free, but it just kept steadily sinking, bringing with it his arm, his shoulder and then his head.

Blinding light enveloped his consciousness before revealing a wide open, empty room.

He awoke, heart hammering, to a wide open, empty room.

- End -