Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ A Lovely Mess ❯ See you Soon ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: A Lovely Mess

Author: Supurrkitty

Disclaimer: I don't own Gundam wing, nor it's characters. On the other hand, I do own Haruki, Akira, Umeko, and Hoshi.

A/N: Well, this actually started out as a Doujinshi I drew, hell knows how long ago, and now I've decided that it would be better just to write it out, instead. Being the lazy ass I am.

Description: A what if fiction that is actually an AU from my other sets of fiction.

Note: Haruki is not from earth, the war she spoke of was at her home planet.

Chapter two: See you soon

Silken clothe moved around as high-heeled shoes stepped down the stairs into a ballroom. She was dressed in an evening gown that tied around her neck and flowed all the way down to her toes, caressing her every curve. Her hair was up in a tight bun, but two curly strands fell at the sides of her face, accenting the lavender in her eyes.

The room was filled with everyone she knew and some people she didn't. Haruki looked around to make the checklist in her mind.

Heero and Akira had shown up together for the last time. They brought Hoshi with them and pretended to be one big, happy family. But, Haruki knew the truth.

Wufei and Hilde had shown up together. They had hooked up on one of the searches for Duo that had failed. They recently wed and seemed to have a good relationship to everyone's surprise.

Relena came carrying an unidentified date. She was very caught up in her work and didn't talk to Haruki as much as they usually did. So, she didn't have much time for romance, either.

Trowa showed up with his sister, Catherine. Haruki was surprised that Umeko had not returned yet. Trowa and her had been very much in love, but she left one day, afraid. It had been almost a year now, and she hadn't even called her sister, Akira.

There were other faces in the crowd that she had known, but did not know much about. Haruki mentally checked each one before reaching the last step, where she locked arms with Quatre, who gave her a smile. She smiled back. They walked to where the band was playing and soon got quite.

Quatre took the microphone, preparing to make his introduction. Haruki stood by her Fiancé, looking out onto the people.

" I would like to welcome..." Quatre began on welcoming everyone.

Haruki's mind slipped away, but she continued smiling. She knew the political routine.

She looked out at the many faces. It was amazing how many people cared about their social status all for money. Charity balls were even worse. Those were packed with celebrities. There were people from all around, all dressed in formal clothes, each cleaner and more spotless than the last. What boring, bland people they all were. Sheep following a shepherd with the most feed, shoving each other out of the way to get the best of it. But, there was a flash of darkness from the corner of the room. Though a lot of the men wore black Tuxedos, this blur stuck out as not very clean. Haruki's smile faded as she tried to fallow the blur she saw from the corner of her eye, but she lost it in the crowd of people. Haruki looked through the crowd, hastily, sensing something strange. Then, she heard the faint sound of a door opening, but by the time she turned her head that way, it was already closing and the culprit, long gone.

Haruki heard the room clap as Quatre ended his small speech. Haruki kept her eye on the door for a bit, before being dragged off to shake hands with those she did not know, but thought that she should.

As she shook hands with another of people, she paid no attention and her eyes drifted around the room. She suspected something would happen soon that had to do with the fleeing blur. Her eyes skipped around to all those she knew. She checked their faces to see if they suspected anything, either. Then, she caught sight of a butler wandering into the ballroom. He carried a message with him. Haruki's heart was beating quickly as the butler came near. She watched as he went past each one of her friends and came closer and closer. Her heart skipped when he passed her and she let out a sigh of relief. Then she watched, intently as he handed the letter to Akira. She opened it up and read a few of the lines, when her eyes widened and she raised her voice slightly as she asked who gave it to him. Haruki heard him answer,

" A young man in black, just a few moments ago." The butler said.

Akira thanked him and he left.

She read the rest of the letter and, Haruki could tell by the expression, was not pleased and quite worried by whatever it was. When she finished, she looked frantically around the room. Then, upon spotting Trowa, ran over to him. She whispered something in his ear and his eyes as well widened in what looked like terror. Haruki decided it was time to find out what was going on. She quickly walked over to the two.

" What's wrong?" She asked, looking up at the two worried humans.

" It's Umeko. She's in the hospital. Here." She handed Haruki the note, " we have to leave, please pardon us."

" Uh...yeah...s-sure..." Haruki was a bit overwhelmed as she took the note and the two hurried out the door, through the crowd.

Haruki opened the note, surrounded by loud people, and read it. She read the address to the hospital and all the details, but could not find a signature, name, or initial.

She scurried through the ballroom to find her fiancé , upon finding him, she pulled him away from his company.

" Just a second." He said before being dragged off. " What is it?"

" They've found Umeko. She at a hospital in town. I'm going to go down there to make sure everything's kosher. Just stay here and I'll call you, okay?" Haruki asked, looking up at the dazed blue eyes.

" Well, I'll come with..." Quatre started but was cut off by Haruki.

" No! It could just be minor, besides, you can't just shove everyone out, it'd be rude. I'll call you as soon as I find out. Oh yeah, and keep an extra eye out for Hoshi." Haruki started to walk off.

" Be careful!" Quatre half shouted before she hurried toward the garage and he went back to speaking.

Haruki sighed as she reached the other side of the door. Quatre's compassion for others made him, sometimes, hard to deal with. She looked around and picked out the vehicle nearest to the exit. She jumped in and sped through the open garage door. She turned right, knowing just where to go, miles into the center of the town, where the hospital was.

'How odd it is that she's so close to the party, like she wanted us to find her or something. Was that man in the shadows the one who delivered the message. If so, why did he hang around, afterwards...Oh god, I hope Umeko is all right...' Haruki's thoughts trailed as the light of town showed themselves. 'now, which way...?'

Haruki came to a stoplight and looked around frantically, suddenly recalling it was to the left, she screeched to the left and sped down the road.

' I wonder...who was that man?...ah-hah!'

She came up to the hospital and sped into the parking lot, found a spot, and parked, sloppily. She jumped out of the car, slammed the door, locking it and ran into the main branch of the hospital.

Heads turned as a woman in a fancy evening gown burst in through the door. They looked at her strangely and the nurse at the window cocked an eyebrow. Haruki looked around at the people, hoping to spot Trowa and Akira.

" May I help you Ma'am?" The nurse asked, making Haruki turn her head, abruptly.

" Um...yes, you can...actually... Could you locate where Umeko Satashi is?" Haruki asked, walking to the window.

The nurse flipped through some pages on the computer, before being satisfied upon one.

" Satashi, Umeko. She's in the maternity wing, room 17." The nurse said and pointed the way.

" Thank you." Haruki said as she nodded and smiled, before walking quickly in the pointed direction.

' Maternity?' Haruki looked intently down at her pathway and thought. 'Oh my...she...'

Haruki's sudden realization made her pace quicken as she came to an elevator. She read the sign and found out that it was on the second floor. So, she went in and pressed the correct button. She tapped her foot, unpatiently as it went up and finally came to a stop.

Haruki stomped out into the waiting room. To her right was the entrance to the rooms and viewing of the nursery. She began to walk to the front desk, when Akira walked out of the entrance.

" Haruki." Akira was happy to see her, yet, somewhat saddened.

" So, how..." Haruki began, but Akira looked at her with a soft, sad expression.

" A miscarriage... five months. They had to do surgery, she's not awake yet." Akira looked toward the direction of her room.

" Trowa's with her?" Haruki asked.

" Yeah." Akira nodded, lightly. Haruki could tell that she was putting up a wall to keep her emotions from pouring out all at once. " Haruki... they're...not sure she'll make it. If she doesn't wake up within the twelve hours..."

Akira started to cry and shut her eyes, tightly.

Haruki sat her down on a seat and hugged her, letting her cry on her shoulder.

" I'm sure she'll turn out fine. She's a very strong woman." Haruki looked around as she realized she promised Quatre she would call when she found out.

" I'll be right back." Haruki told Akira as she used her dress to wipe away her own tears.

She went back downstairs and outside to a vid-phone. She took out some credits and swept them through, then dialed the number.

A maid answered.

" Could you get me Quatre, please?" Haruki asked.

" Right away, Miss Haruki." The maid said and disappeared from the screen. Minutes later, she could see Quatre.

" Hey Quatre, everything all right over there?" Haruki asked.

" Yeah, the party's wearing down. What's up?" He asked back. Haruki let out a long, frustrated sigh.

" Umeko had a miscarriage." Haruki spat out.

" oh...dear..." Quatre said, shocked.

" Yes, I know. They aren't sure if she'll make it. They give her twelve hours if she doesn't wake up. Akira's taking it pretty bad. You should get everyone over here." Haruki said, exhaustedly.

" I will. Are you going to be okay?" Quatre asked, concerned.

" Yeah,...yeah, I'm fine... See you soon..." Haruki said.

" Yeah, bye." Quatre hung up the phone.

Haruki sighed and leaned against the wall in front of her as she hung up.

She felt a sudden chill come over her as the wind swept across her bare back. She shivered and decided to head back in. As she turned around, she caught glimpse of a dark figure in the distance, heading out of the main entrance. It was too far away for her to make out any details, but she was almost certain it was the man from earlier. She took off running towards him as he went for a car parked momentarily in the front.

" Hey Y-!" Haruki's cry was cut short as one of her heels got caught in a crack and she fell almost flat on her face. When she looked up, the car was gone.

" Damn it!" Haruki squealed as she slammed her fist down. She stumbled up, knocking her hair loose until it just fell down, knotted up.

She made her way back into the building, limping half the way. She went back in the waiting room to comfort Akira.

About half an hour later, everyone was there and Umeko was moved to an emergency room. Everyone sat in the waiting room besides Akira and Trowa, who had followed Umeko everywhere she was moved. They were half asleep, but determined not to go under, for fear of what might happen when they're asleep.

Haruki slowly got up from her spot beside Quatre. He gave her a questioning look, but she waved it off in the direction of the room. He nodded.

Haruki looked ahead of her, determined to see how things were doing. As she came to the room, she slowly opened it and stepped in.

Trowa pulled his head up from his hands in his seat beside the still body of Umeko. He gave Haruki an acknowledging look then went back to his original position.

Akira gave her a hopeless look from her spot, curled up in a chair.

Haruki watched her breath, so she wouldn't disturb the perfect balance the hopeless atmosphere seemed to hold.

From what she could tell, things had not changed. She walked out of the room and gently closed the door behind her, letting out a sigh.

She made her way back to the living room, expecting to see questioning eyes. But, as she neared, she could hear confused chatting among the group. As she went around the corner, Quatre quickly met eyes with her. She could see a mix of emotion in them. Confusion, fear, worry, it all started there. The rest of the group's attention was focused on the note that Heero held in his hands. The same kind of note Akira had gotten.

" What's going on?" Haruki asked, trying to look over the people to the note. Everyone stopped and abruptly turned to her.

" Oh, Haruki...the note...it...he..." Hilde went up to the short, brown-hared woman, almost in tears.

Heero got up and walked to her. Haruki looked from him to the panicked Hilde, to Quatre, who still wore the same expression.

Heero handed her the note.

" It's Duo." He said.

Haruki's eyes widened as she took the note and looked up at Heero.

Her heart sank to the floor.

OOC: Ooooh suspense. Now you must read the next chapter. Pretty pretty please review! I love reviews!