Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ A Normal Life ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:
I don't own it, but I wish....

Authoress Note: Still sick, still writing out of boredom. Thx to all the get-well wishers! Oh, and someone asked when the FY scene that Dreams Come True was based on happened. I don't remember the episode number, but it was in the second season. Well, on with the fic!

* * * * *

A Normal Life: Chapter 6

* * * * *

"Have you located the Princess yet?"

"No sir."

"Have you located Yuy?"

"Yes sir, but our agent hasn't yet reported in yet. She may be with him."

"Inform me as soon as he checks in."

"Yes sir."

* * * * *

Heero was carrying Aiko on his back on the way home from the park. Relena looked like she was about to join Aiko in dreamland, and Duo was trying to remove sand particles one by one from his braid.

True to Heero's prediction, the little girl's arms and legs were thoroughly incrusted with dirt and sand. She had put up quite a fight leaving the park, but Heero finally won when she had fallen asleep in the swing.

As soon as they reached Heero's house, he opened the door, and led Relena to the guest room. She had exhausted herself playing with the child, pushing her on the swings and the like. Relena fell asleep with a smile on her face. Not only had she enjoyed herself playing with a sweet little kid, she had spent the entire morning with Heero, and not once had he threatened to kill her.

Heero went through Karou's room until he found a good brush, and tossed it to Duo, who quickly undid his braid and brushed it out. It's amazing how much sand can get stuck in a braid.

Then, he gently woke up Aiko, and took her to the bath room for a bath. A sleepy "Don't wanna..." was all the protest she could manage. After they were done, he dressed the little girl again, and put her down for a nap, which was met with another weak "Don't wanna..."

Duo was amazed at how much his friend had changed. What Duo had seen that morning was one thing, what he was seeing now was a true father-daughter relationship, a relationship from the heart.

After Aiko was put to bed, Heero himself went to his room for a nap as well, leaving Duo alone. He yawned, and turned on the TV at a low volume.

"Breaking News: The terrorist group known as Black Fang has not yet been brought down by the Preventers, although spokeswoman Lady Une reports that--"

Duo flipped it off, his good mood ruined. He closed the curtains to the front room, but not after peering around outside. He was really worried about Relena, but he agreed that she was safest with Heero. He flopped down on the couch, and soon began to snore himself.

* * * * *

Heero groggily got out of his bed, and walked over to check on Aiko. She was sleeping peacefully. He stood in the doorway for a moment, and admired the beautiful little girl, whom he had adopted as his own child.

He was startled out of his trance by a gentle hand on his shoulder. He looked over to find Relena admiring her as well. She smiled up at Heero, and then looked away.

"I could never imagine raising a child. Everyone would expect him or her to be just like me, a pacifist." she mused, her eyes sad. Heero didn't reply. He didn't know what to say.

The silence lasted for a while, but was soon broken by a loud snore from Duo. As if something had suddenly occurred to him, Heero checked his watch.

"Oh, crud, it's 3:00." he said, and turned around to walk away.

"What is it?"

"We have to be somewhere at 4:30." he answered, and began getting ready.

"Oh."

* * * * *

Aiko and Duo were awake, and everyone was ready to go.

"So, Heero...exactly where are we going?" Duo asked, for the hundredth time.

"You'll see." Heero responded, for the hundredth time.

Heero had pulled two motorcycles out of the garage, and was getting them ready to go. Finally, he got up and asked "Two bikes, two people each. Who rides with who?"

"I can't drive a motorcycle." Relena stated.

"I can!!" Aiko chimed in.

"No, Aiko, I mean big people bikes." Heero told her.

"Oh." Aiko's face fell, only to brighten soon after. "Then, can I ride with Uncle Duo?" she asked hopefully.

Duo's eyes twinkle mischievously. "Of course, Aiko-chan." he picked her up, and set her on the back of one of the bikes.

"I guess that means I'm with you, Heero." Relena looked down to the ground.

"Yeah." was all he said in response. He got on the bike, and handed a helmet to Relena, after putting one on himself. She placed it on her head, and fastened the straps. She then took a deep breath, and got on the bike, behind Heero.

"What's taking you two so long?" Duo called, revving his engine.

Heero grinned under the helmet, and quietly whispered to Relena "You might want to hold on."

Relena eyebrows rose, but she did as she was told, wrapping her arms lightly around his waist. The bike suddenly jerked forward, and sped down the road. She was glad she had followed Heero's instructions. Relena heard Duo's yell, and smiled to herself. Glancing back, she saw Duo speeding to catch up with them. Just then, Heero pulled a sharp right turn, and Relena tightened her grip on him, and squeezed her eyes shut.

Heero only smiled when Relena tightened her grip. He hadn't meant to scare her, but it was too late to take that turn slower. He just went on, making sure Duo kept up. Somehow, he didn't mind that Relena was squeezing the life out of him.

After a short while, they turned onto the freeway, and Relena relaxed a little, and lifted her head from Heero's back. Looking around, she gasped. They were going right by the ocean, and it was beautiful. Heero noticed, and yelled back at her "They call this Pacific Coast Highway for a reason."

She leaned forward, and whispered in his ear "I want to go swimming later."

"No you don't."

"What?" she blinked.

"This is California. The water is cold. Very cold." he said, then went back to concentrating on the road.

"Oh." she said to herself, disappointed.

By the time the sun had reached the water, they got off the freeway. Heero pulled over into parking lot, and sat there, waiting.

"Umm...now what? You lost?" Duo asked, as he pulled up beside them.

"Nope."

"Then why are we waiting here?" he asked.

"I don't know which way to go."

"Oh. I thought you said we weren't lost."

"We aren't."

"OK." Duo responded, dubious.

A yellow school bus drove by, sending huge clouds of exhaust their way.

"Let's go." Heero drove off, following the bus.

As soon as they reached a red light, Duo pulled up beside him again.

"And why are we following the school bus?"

"Because the driver knows where to go, and I don't."

"Oh." Duo decided to drop it. He peered into the bus, and saw it crammed full of half-dressed girls, putting on drill team uniforms.

"Come on, Uncle Duo, the light's green!!" A voice called out from behind him.

"What? Oh, yeah, uhh...." Duo tore his gaze away from the bus and sped down the road after Heero and Relena.

Before long, they pulled into a high school. They explored for a little bit, looking around the parking lots where hundreds of yellow busses were, from dozens of different schools. Heero saw a group of four busses, with a large white truck next to them. On the side of the truck was a brown logo with a Indian in the middle, and the words: West High Entertainment Unit.

"That's us." Heero said, and parked his bike next to the truck. Relena reluctantly released him from his grasp and they both got off.

"Daddy!!" A speeding blur attached itself to Heero's leg.

"Hello, Ayame." he picked her up, and hugged her.

"Hi, Heero!" Heero looked up, at the girl who was approaching him. She was wearing overalls, and had short, curly, sandy blond hair.

"Hi, Mommie."

* * * * *

Yay!! We finally meet Mommie!! MWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

* * * * *

-Ayanami_Chan
ayanami_rei@softhome.net