Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ A Painful Destiny ❯ Mixed Emotions ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter Two: Mixed Emotions

Hello again! Glad you're back reading this! ^_~ So I thank the people who reviewed! ^^ I'm going to stop talking and write now. =)

Dedication: This story is dedicated to a great author, PrincessVenus, enjoy Bekki!

Special Thanks To: Little Cozmical-chan for always helping me out!

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or Gundam Wing! I love them though! =)
~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~` ~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

Minako had gone home feeling odd. Pluto did mention that she'd feel daze, but it was like she was emotionless almost. Sure, Pluto had said she'd feel dazed, but this was beyond dazed. It made her feel almost ill, since there was such a change from extreme depression to normal. In fact, she did feel light headed, and had a stomachache. She had a couple hours of complete rest, her parents gone at work, silence was nice. She sat there gazing at the book she had been reading, but wasn't really reading it. A phone call interrupted her peace and she answered to see who it was.
"Hello?"
"Mina, are you okay?" Usagi's voice came through.
"Oh hi, Usagi, yeah, I'm fine, why do you ask." Minako answered.
"Uh-your-okay...Then do you wanna come to the senshi meeting?"
"Huh? Oh, the senshi meeting, I forgot!" Minako said, but not as surprised as she'd normally be. "I'll be right over, Usagi. Ja ne."
"Ja ne, Minako."
::click:: The phones hung up at the same time.
Minako walked to the meeting, not really caring if she was extremely late or not.
Rei greeted the blonde, but she didn't yell, for what she felt earlier was horrifying of how emotional she was. Everyone looked at Minako worried for their friend.
Minako sat against the wall, taking in deep breaths every now and then.
"Uh, Mina, are you feeling okay?" Usagi spoke up.
"Uh, yeah, sure, fine. Why?" Minako replied wearily.
"Mmm, you look really pale and sick." Ami answered.
"I do? Well now that you mention it, I do feel a bit sick."
"Lay down, it'll make you feel better." Makoto suggested. And Minako did so.
Rei, on the other hand, couldn't say anything, worried that if she said anything, that it'd make Minako upset.
Placing tea and cake in front of the group, Rei silently took her spot again. Artemis sat by Minako trying to make her feel better by rubbing his fur against her. Luna sat next to Usagi worried about Minako, but at the same time, wanted to go on with the meeting. But soon Minako fell asleep. Rei, curious if Minako was still scared when she slept, wanted to try out her new power again.
"Guys, like I said when I called you all you I got a new power and I told you about it. Well, I want to know how's Minako is feeling. So we can help." Rei explained, she sat next to Minako, closed her eyes, and placed a hand on Minako's forehead. Once again the Mars symbol shown on Rei and the Venus symbol on Minako. But as she tried to feel for any emotion in Minako, all she could feel was the urge to vomit. Letting go from Minako's forehead, Rei explained that she couldn't feel anything but sickness.
"That's very strange, don't you think, I mean from being totally sad to nothing. Nothing at all, emptiness." Makoto replied.
Usagi couldn't say anything, knowing that Rei was only telling the truth, worried eyes glanced at Minako. Usagi just couldn't understand why she'd be sad, one day happy and cheerful as always, then the next gloomy and depressed. Why? Usagi kept asking herself. *My god, she looks dead.*
Ami looked over to the 'dead' girl with concerned eyes. "A person cannot take change in emotion that fast, from happy, and cheerful, to sad, beyond sad, to nothing, that's why she's ill, I hope, if not, I think we have a horrible problem. Guys, let's just try to make her feel better. If she's tired let her sleep, she's going to feel sick if I'm right."
Several nods came by. Usagi slowly nodded, thinking another conclusion for Minako's odd emotions. "But Ames, could it be an enemy, an enemy that makes the person feel horrible then get them sick and then tries to take over the city?"
"I...I don't know. Maybe, but there's no way telling. But what ever it might be, just don't say anything bad around her." Ami instructed.
"We won't. I still don't think you could actually know what I felt, when I felt that pain, it was immense. I can't describe it. Now there's nothing, a big blank spot." Rei explained.
But Usagi understood what Minako and Rei felt, she could sense it in Minako's eyes at the battle, and now she couldn't feel anything, but see the light headed girl. Usagi's eye's fell on Minako's new topaz ring. *Where did Mina get that, when did Mina get that? I'll ask later. I hope she'll be alright, I know what I said was wrong, there's no new enemy, I felt true emotion before. Minako, please, please be alright...*
Artemis glanced over at his partner, feeling guilty. *I'm suppose to protect Venus, not hurt her, now what? This don't look good, she looked so bad earlier that it was as if she could have died in the spot...*
The aura of the room was too dark and gloomy to tell that these girls usually are happy, hyper, and cheerful. But in the corner of the room, where Usagi sat, was hope, hope and determination. Nobody said much, too confused and worried to say anything. The time passed slowly, and in twenty minutes Minako slowly aroused to see relieved friends surrounding her. Confusion now went to Minako. "Uh, oops, did I fall asleep? Sorry. I know I should pay attention in a meeting." Minako said, her head hung down in shame.
"Hey, girl," Usagi said in her best cheerful voice for the moment, "It's okay, you know I do that all the time." Minako smiled at this.
"Yeah, nobody can beat Usagi in laziness, and you looked tired, we had nothing much to talk about anyway, since there's no enemy at the moment." Rei pointed out, Usagi actually let this fight be won by Rei this time, not caring to fight, but make her friend comfortable.
"Oh well, usually I'm tired too." Usagi laughed. Minako smiled and the, without any reason, she thought, her heart felt hard in pain, frowning again, Minako put her head on the pillow and, with a hand underneath it, grasped it, not showing anyone that she felt horrible.
*I know...I know why I'm in pain. I have such wonderful friends, I don't want to loose them. Or him...but isn't it too late? Kami, I need help...Don't let them die...*
"Hey guys, if the meeting's over, then, can I go home I'm still tired, it took me a long time to get to sleep last night." Minako asked wearily, but not tired.
"Yea, sure. Go ahead. Mina, I know it took you a long time to sleep, I woke up at four and you were still up." Artemis replied.
*FOUR!* Everybody's mind (except Artemis and Minako's mind) screamed in shock.
After Minako left, the group broke up and went their ways. But Usagi went to Minako's house, having a feeling that she was awake. Instead of going to her door to knock at, Usagi heaved herself up on the balcony to Minako's bedroom. Looking through, Usagi was able to tell that Minako was sitting wide awake, sitting on her bed, thinking deeply, for her radio was on, playing her favorite song (doesn't it play a lot?) and she wasn't singing to it. From Usagi's point, it looked like Minako was in a trance, but Usagi knew better. Tapping at her window, Usagi, finally got Minako out of her thoughts and over to the window. Minako's mind, however, wasn't working fast, glancing at the window, it took Mina a while before actually being surprised by Usagi. (Have you ever felt like that, your mind just wasn't working right? You're to deep into your thoughts and all.)
"Oh, Usagi!" Minako jolted up in surprise. "How long have you been out there?! I'm sorry I didn't let you in!"
"Hey it's alright." Usagi answered as she was brought inside. "I've only been out there for a few seconds."
"What are you doing here anyway?"
"You know."
"No I don't." Minako tried to force Usagi to go home but she lost, Usagi knowing that Minako was acting strangely.
"Hey, Minako, where'd you get that ring?" Usagi asked.
"Oh, this? Oh, I just got it, I thought it looked so pretty, I know I usually don't buy rings, but I had to get this one." Minako felt guilty for lieing to her best friend. She took off the ring and handed it to Usagi for her to see it beter.
"Okay. Hey girl, what's wrong, you're so blue lately and usually you're as happy as me. But after that battle, I felt your pain. What's wrong?"
"Nothing." Minako plainly replied.
"Minako, you know what, I know you may not want to say it, but something is bothering you so bad that you can't even stand yourself that you fall asleep to get away from it. Now I know you, there's something terribly wrong and it's getting to you more then anything else. You're avoiding everyone to go here and think about it, making you feel worse yet. If you don't want to talk about it, then at least, try to have fun and forget about it."
Minako felt like a knife had gone through her heart. She felt as if Usagi, her best friend, had betrayed her. "How can you say that! Usagi, you know nothing of what I feel! I couldn't stand it when I fell asleep at the meeting, it hurts! If I had a choice, I would never sleep again in my life! But it calls to me, it attacks my heart! I know I have a horrible heart now! That's why I had to try to have a pure heart crystal before, 'cause I knew I wouldn't have a pure heart crystal if I hadn't acted all wonderful, like you and the girls had pure hearts without acting! That's what I am! An actress! No wonder why I was able to be a star in London, I'm so fake! So fake and selfish! If I wouldn't have been so selfish, there would be no problems, but that's the way I am! Right!?" Minako cried away. "If I wouldn't be so selfish (thinking about the past) then there couldn't be any problems, but I caused it! I caused horrible events! I'm a selfish, fake, coward!" Minako shivered violently, her shoulders shaking, silent tears poured down her face.
Usagi felt like she said something horrible that set Minako off. And she felt awful for even coming there to try to comfort Minako. "Mina...You're not selfish, fake, or a coward, you have no reason to say that. Mina, you're a really nice person who's always there for people. There's no point to make yourself think that. Really..."
"No, no your wrong Usa-chan. (Sometimes I'll use chan, kun, san, ect.) I thought you knew...but you don't. And I don't know if I can tell you either, I can't tell you, not yet, forgive me. Please forgive me, I know that's asking for a lot, but.....Usagi, I value our friendship so much, I don't want mistakes to happen again..."
"Well Mina-chan, I cherish are friendship so much, you as my head senshi have to keep strong...I don't know what mistakes your talking about..but if you don't want to tell me its ok, I just don't want you to feel any pain...It tears me apart" Usagi replied, truthfully.
"Usa-chan, I'm sorry Usagi, but I can't tell you, I'm so sorry!" Minako cried, confused.
Minako put back on her ring and soon calmed down. But after that, from being depressed to nothing, can, like Ami said, make a person feel ill. Minako became somewhat pale, Usagi noticed this.
"Mina-chan, are you feeling okay? You look, well, pale." Usagi inquired.
"Usa-chan...You're right, I don't feel good, I have a headache and a stomachache, and I feel like I'm ready to throw up at any moment. Usa-chan, you should leave, I could be sick..."
"That's okay Minako, remember, when we were all sick from Emerald's Injector enemy and you helped us out, then you had to fight Injector by yourself, but we became better, it was because of you. Know I'm going to help you. But don't worry, I won't be as bad as last time!" Usagi confidently said.
Minako gave a weak smile and said, "Thanks, Usagi, you're a great friend."
*Ami said that this was a side effect of a quite emotional change, so she's not really sick, but the way she looks right now, she sure seems sick. But that's strange...she just became very sad then back to...nothing..Strange. And does she know that this is a side effect? Man, poor Mina-chan.* "Sure Minako, I'm glad to help out." Usagi worriedly, yet smiling, replied.
After several minutes, Minako became worse, she felt like a fever had hit her hard. Thankfully, for Usagi, she had fallen asleep, moaning every now and then. Usagi put a warm cloth on Mina's head, and left to make some soup for when she'd wake up.
~*Minako's dream*~
Mina floated around. Nothing surrounded her, except an golden orange light. She floated for several minutes, into the think air/light. A bright white light escaped from nowhere, making her cover her eyes with her hands, that's when she noticed that she still had on her topaz ring, but different clothes. She was wearing a pale orange, almost golden, silk dress that fell down past her ankles. A locket necklace lay on her chest. Her dress was sleeveless, but had straps that lead to a v-neck.
Looking back to where the light came from, she suddenly floated, slowly down to a water-like ground. In front of her was a lady that she had thought she had never seen.
"Princess Minako, hello. I've waited a long time to speak to you." The lady spoke.
"Princess? How do you know, who are you?" Minako asked surprised. "Where am I?"
The lady laughed a bit at how fast Minako was asking questions.*She never changed.* But then she frowned, looking disapointed. "Minako, I fingered you wouldn't understand, but I wanted you to know by now..." At this time another woman came out from the shadows.
Minako gasped, then fell to a curtsey, "Queen Serenity, I didn't know you were here."
Queen Serenity smiled slightly and replied, "Princess Minako, there is no need for you that."
Minako gave a confused look, but didn't question Queen Serenity. *Why did she call me Princess Minako? There is no need for her to be formal.* Minako slowly nodded and watched Queen Serenity faced the other woman. They began a conversation that was in a wisper, Minako couldn't here them.
"Serenity... she's almost there, almost to that point, but I don't know if he can wait."
"I know, that's why we're here. Can you handle this? Without telling her?"
"I don't know... Can you help me? It's so hard, I just wish I could tell her everything and give her back her life."
"I know, I know, remember I have my daughter too. Sister, you can do this, I'll be here to help."
"Thank you so much, you know I could never do this without your support. Well how do you think I should tell her? I can't just go 'I am your mother, Minako.' No I wouldn't do that, let's make it easy for her."
"Yes, I understand that." Serenity looked to Minako again. "Minako, do you understand why you are here, why we have brought you here?"
"No, I do not, but I have a guess. Queen Serenity, I am so very sorry, I never meant anything bad to happen, I never meant to hurt anyone! I can understand if you punish me, and forbid be to be a senshi any longer." Minako cried out, her tears falling freely to the ground.
"Oh, Minako, no, no don't cry, dear. Chibi Love, don't cry, things will improve." The unknown lady spoke with a kind of love that a mother would have for her child.
Minako gasped, and looked over to the concerned lady before a flashback stroke her hard.
~*Flashback*~
A Minako of the age of five cried as another warrior died against Beryal's men. She shivered in a woman's arms. "Mommy, mommy, I don't want this. I'm scared, mommy, make it all go away." The child wished.
"Oh, poor Chibi Love, you shouldn't have to know this evil at such a young age. It'll be okay, don't worry. We'll get through this."
"Mommy, don't go, I don't want you to get hurt. Please Mommy, please don't go!" Minko pleaded.
"I'm sorry, my dear darling, but it's my job, and it'll be better once it's over, I'll be fine."

"But, please Mommy, you got hurt last time, I don't want that again!" Minako cried harder.
"Chibi Love, please don't cry, I'll be fine, things will improve, in the name of Venus." And with that Minako watched her 'mommy' run off as a sailor senshi, Sailor Venus.
~*End Flashback*~
Minako suddenly got a horrible headache, her hand trembled as she put it on her forehead and fell to the ground, and another flashback overtook her.
~*Flashback*~
Minako, now twelve years of age and laid on a bed, rather sad. A knock came at the door.
"Come in." She answered, the door opened. "Oh hello, mother. What are you doing here, don't you have to be at a meeting?" Minako asked?
"Chibi Love, it was over hours ago, the girls told me that you weren't feeling well and needed to be alone, so I didn't come here, but you know a mother must comfort her child. I assume your upset about becoming a Sailor Senshi?"
"You could say that, it's just that, when you were one, you were hurt so much, and it took so much energy for you. You were very strong, I don't know if I can be that strong, I don't know if I can survive. Plus, you had father's love inside of you, but I don't think I'll be like you, mother. I don't think I'll be so strong without love, without the friendship you and the other senshi have. I'm suppose to be a new senshi, along with other girls, and we don't know each other. Mother, I don't think I'm ready, I'm sorry, when Queen Serenity told me I was to fight as a new senshi along with three other girls I don't know, I was afraid, startled, and shocked. Mother, do you think I'm ready? I've had no training or anything, I don't think I'm ready..." Minako explained sadly.
"Chibi Love, what I think is all you need is your own confidence, you're ready to fight, if you weren't ready, then Serenity wouldn't have let you be a senshi. She, as well as I, know you have what you need to make a good leader for the new senshi. When I give you this ring and pen, I will no longer be of help to the team, except, I can help you, only you. Darling you are a Venusian (is that right?), but you will be on the Moon, so you have to look into your heart and feel out your power from Venus, and use that power to overcome any evil. You have Venus Power in you, but if there comes a battle so horrible that you need more power then what you already have, look to Venus, feel with your heart, and call to me, I can help you gather power from Venus. But you must understand, if you use Venus's power for an emergency in a battle, you'll loose strength and be weak for some time. It's like Queen Serenity when she used the Imperium Silver Crystal (I would use Ginzinshu but that's the wrong spelling, right?) You're strong, and that's a fact, now be strong with Ami, Rei, and Makoto, they're the other girls that'll be joining you."
"Mother, I can do this. I'll be strong for the Moon, for Venus, and, for most of all, you, mother. I accept my destiny, I just hope that Ami, Rei, and Makoto will be strong too. I hope that we become friends, like you and the other senshi became friends easily."
"I have a feeling you will be friends, very good friends. Now take this ring, it is a topaz ring, your gemstone, but also, it has a connection between us. While your at the Moon, you'll be able feel me and feel Venus's energy. This ring is the way you can use me to guide you with battle. It has pieces of Venus's rock around the Topaz diamond, so you have a better connection with me and Venus. And this pen, your transformation pen, it'll give you the power you need during battle, with a fuku. It'll give you the strength from Venus and an inner power you'll find out later. As the new Sailor Venus, you must have these items at all times, incase of an unexcepted battle." Minako's 'Mother' explained.
"Yes, I understand, I will wear this ring on a necklace, so it's close to my heart. And I'll always carry my pen. Thank you, Mother."
"Chibi Love, hmm...did I ever tell you how I got that nickname?..No? Oh, I thought I had told you before. Well, you're my daughter a 'chibi' version of me, and you have my love and Venus's love always in your heart. (I can't say goddess of love, it just don't work) You can inflict the most powerful love ever and are now, the senshi of love and beauty, Sailor Venus. So you are Chibi Love. Now my dear Minako, things may not be at the best lately, with the formal senshi becoming 'ill' and with you suddenly becoming a sailor senshi, but I promise you, things will improve, in the name of Venus."
~*End Flashback*~
Opening her eyes, Minako saw Queen Serenity and the other lady hovering over her with concerned expressions.
"Oh, Minako, are you okay?" Queen Serenity asked.
Minako, over thinking these new memories, couldn't answer Queen Serenity's question. She looked at the unknown lady and saw that she was the woman in her visions that she called 'mother'.
Minako slowly got up, trembling constantly. "A-are-are-are y-you m-m" Minako nervously tried speaking, but failed.
The lady nodded, and spoke, "Yes, Chibi Love, I'm your mother, Aphrodite."
Minako didn't know if she should run up and hug her, or gracefully say hello, she didn't know her mother. All she could remember was that her mother was the old Sailor Venus and she was protective and loving. Right now, Minako felt like fainting, the only thing wrong was, she was already asleep. She stayed quiet, standing still.
"Minako, what's wrong?" Queen Serenity asked, smiling for the two to be finally reunited.
"Mmmom..." Minako whispered unsurely.
Aphrodite raised her arms to hug her daughter. At that very same moment, Minako dashed into her mother's arms hugging her with all her might. Minako felt safe for once, she felt comforted, loved, cared for, sheltered, joy filled her heart and she felt relieved.
"Mother. I've missed you." Minako smiled a true smile for the first time in seventeen hours.
"Honey, I have come here to guide you. I am so sorry that you have to have all this pain in your life."
"Oh, mom..Wait, what do you mean 'guide me', guide me with what?"
At this, Aphrodite let go of her daughter and looked at Queen Serenity for support.
"No, sister, you have to tell her." Queen Serenity said.
"Uh...Okay." Aphrodite startd, "Minako, this ring is not a ring that takes depression away, but instead, me and Serenity store it, for it is impossible just to rid emotions, they slip out one time or another... Sailor Pluto meant to give you a different ring, but we switched them, so we'd be in connection with you and so you'd have this Venus Ring."
"I remember, on Venus you gave me this, I remember you telling me what it's capabilities are. I just had that flashback when you called me Chibi Love."
"Yes, well this Venus Ring is now able to store your depression, but it will some time slip out of you and you will so many emotions mixed you will think unsurely. I am warning you, Chibi Love, that when this happens you will become so fragile that you will feel like dying would be better then living. Minako, just try to remember this, I know it'll be hard for you when your emotions slip to remember this, but please try to think to look to the sky thinking of our home planet, and use Venus's power warm you. Use it wisely, you will know what I mean if you remember what I say when this time comes. Then there's another thing I wish to tell you. It's about your Venus Ring-"
"Aphrodite! You know Pluto said never to tell destiny away. Remember what you can and can't say, be strong and don't tell her!" Queen Serenity said, cutting off Aphrodite.
A sad face overtook Aphrodite and a sigh came from her mouth. "Oh, but sister," she sighed again, "You're right. Pluto's right. Chibi Love, I'm so sorry, if only I could tell you....Minako."
~*End Dream*~
"Minako, Minako, Minako!"

The girl known as Chibi Love to her (past) mother gasped as she sat up and looked over around. She sighed as she felt the headache again and realized that she had fallen asleep and was now awake.
~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~` ~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`
Mwahahahaha! Nice place to leave off, ne? So are you confused? You should be! Did you like it? Did you hate it? Was it so-so? Well please tell me, and please review! I'm sorry my chapters were so long. But they had reasons to be that long! And I'm very very sorry that I haven't gotten to the Gundam dimension yet. But I needed all that stuff in and the chapter was getting long. ^^;; Well ja ne till next time friends!
~Stephanie