Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ A Place In Time ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4
 
As the flames darkened, signifying a floo arrival, Quatre stopped. The three he had been talking to looked uneasy and quite green as they watched the fireplace.
 
As the swirling flames died away they left behind a young Chinese man, he was dressed in tight black jeans and a blue shirt, hair pulled back tightly, into a severe knot at the back of his head, black eyes surveyed the hall, glittering coldly, as he ran his eyes over the three Professors, clearly recognising them from the descriptions given by Heero and Quatre.
 
The weapon he'd had raised since he arrived was pointed unwaveringly at the three and didn't move as he flickered his eyes towards the blonde who was watching him with a grin on his face.
 
Relaxing slightly at the unspoken pronouncement that everything was alright he stepped out of the fire and sheathed the katana. Almost instantly he was nearly smothered by the Sandrock pilot who had just barrelled into him, hugging him tightly.
 
He spluttered slightly and then hugged the blonde back, pushing him away after a few seconds with an `alright, get off me Winner!'
 
Letting him go after a couple of seconds Quatre stepped back slightly and gestured to the Professors who were watching the reunion silently, “Wufei this is Professor Severus Snape, Headmaster Albus Dumbledore and Professor Minerva McGonagall respectively.” He gestured to each as he spoke and when he had finished Wufei surveyed them, eyes narrowed before nodding slightly, Quatre turned back to his teachers, “Professors this is Chang Wufei… I don't think I'm going to introduce you to everyone each time because, social correctness be damned, it's late and I can't be bothered so you'll have to wait until everyone else arrives.”
 
Wufei fought the slight twitch of lips that those words inspired. From what he'd heard about the Slytherin whose personality had joined with his friend's, that little pronouncement was definitely Draco's influence.
 
Quatre turned back to him and, catching the nearly invisible smile, he beamed back in response. “Did anyone have a problem with making it here?”
 
As a response Wufei shook his head “There weren't any…”
 
“…Problems Quat, everyone said that they'd be here within ten minutes and probably sooner, they were all pretty worried despite what I told them.” The answer to Quatre's question was finished by Duo as he exited the fire.
 
Minerva jumped as the voice came from the fireplace and she found herself staring down the barrel of, yet another, weapon as a teenager with a meter long braid exited the fire. She felt her colleagues jump beside her and belatedly noticed that neither teen had jumped, they'd both clearly noticed the newcomer before even Severus had.
 
Quatre moved forward to hug the brunette too but moved back quite quickly as Wufei intercepted them and wrapped his arms tightly and proprietarily around the braided boy.
 
“Mission?”
 
“Fine, “Duo sighed, clearly happy to be back with the other teenager, “no problems, not even a scratch on me, target dead, no bother.”
 
Quatre smiled happily at the two, catching sight of the bemused and shocked expressions on the faces of the three adults. Their looks of surprise caused him to roll his eyes, he had warned them, they weren't exactly normal.
 
Then the flames burned brightly again and his face turned hopefully back to the fire. His silent wishes were granted when the flames died away to reveal a tall young man, he was dressed in tight jeans and a turtleneck and had a fall of hair obscuring one eye, the other, a piercing jade green watched the blonde silently, clearly waiting for his move.
 
Instead of rushing forwards as the others had no doubt expected Quatre stepped forward slowly and allowed Trowa to exit before he wrapped his arms round the other's neck and kissed him deeply.
 
They broke off at the astonished cries of the Professors and the disgruntled mutterings of Duo Maxwell as he dove into his pocket and pulled out a wad of notes, peeling a couple off he handed them to his lover who smirked and pocketed them.
 
Quatre rolled his eyes, his arms still round the taller boy's neck, “You were betting on our love life? Again?!”
 
“Needed to do something to keep my mind off what could be happening to you,” the braided teen shot back, “not like you were generous with the info Q-man.”
“What was the bet?” the green eyed pilot asked quietly but curiously.
 
“Duo bet that Winner would tackle you before you made it out the fireplace, I said he'd at least let you clear the grate.” Duo hmphed again and Quatre laughed softly.
 
All three teachers watched the changes in their student in astonishment, was this really the arrogant, smirking, taunting teenager that they'd seen earlier that day? It would appear that it wasn't just Harry Potter they'd misjudged.
 
Slowly the hall began to feel fuller as others started to arrive, each shooting curious looks at the three Professors who were starting to look and, obviously, feel very out of place in a hall with some of the deadliest people in existence.
 
Finally, when Lady Une arrived, with sincere apologies for her lateness, Quatre began the introductions.
 
“These are some of mine and Heero's Professors, this is Minerva McGonagall, head of Gryffindor, Harry's house and Transfiguration Professor, this is Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster of Hogwarts and lastly that's Severus Snape, head of Slytherin, Draco's house and Potions master.”
 
The three nodded at the newest arrivals to their school and were gratified when most nodded back, they hadn't been expecting this, despite Quatre's warnings. They had, still, half been expecting innocents, it was clear that these were anything but. Nearly every one had stepped out of the fire with a weapon of some sort pointed at them and none had really let their guard down, all tensed and ready for action no matter how relaxed they looked.
 
“Professors,” Quatre continued, “Left to right, this is gundam pilot Wufei Chang, his fiancé, gundam pilot Duo Maxwell, my lover, gundam pilot, Trowa Barton. Preventer medical officer Sally Po, Vice Foreign Minister Relena Peacecraft Darlian, her lover and political advisor Dorothy Catalonia, Preventer officer and bodyguard to Relena Lucrezia Noin and, finally, Lady Une, head of the Preventers.”
 
“Quatre,” The one that the Slytherin had labelled as being Relena Peacecraft stepped forwards, flanked protectively by her girlfriend and bodyguard, “what is this about? What's happened?”
 
Quatre sighed and braced himself for their reactions, “Treize and Zechs are alive.”