Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Afterthoughts of Discourse ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Gundam Wing is not mine, the situations, original characters and anything else NOT original to the GW Universe is mine. not for profit, just for fun.

Started September 11th 2004



Title: Afterthoughts of Discourse

Author: Vega-Lume

Disclaimer: nope not mine and never will be.

Warnings: Angst, MPREG, harsh language, Yaoi, Het, limey? Lemony? Mountain Dew? (Lets just say there are some citrusy parts, k?)

Beta: Hymie *wink*

Pairings: 2x1, 2xH, OMCx1



a/n okay as you might have noticed I started this thing a long time ago and I tried not to post it until it was complete but, oh well, maybe some feedback will help. I would like to thank Mya who gave me the title even though he hates yaoi and will never read this story *grins*



I would also like to thank Titan Goddess who let me bounce ideas off or her for the past few years, my big sister who at several points had to smack me to keep going and I could never forget my beloved Hymie who betaed this monster through no less then six revisions.



Lastly, I would like to thank you, the reader. If not for you, I would have never made over the writer's block. Love ya!





Afterthoughts of Discourse

Chapter 1

By Vel





Early June a.c. 197



“Hello little brother!” Hilde called throwing her arm around the slightly shorter boys’ shoulders then pulled him into a headlock, giving him a noogie.



Heero sighed, showing as much dignity as a teenage boy receiving a noogie from a girl, in the middle of a busy office could muster.



“Aw, what’s with the face, I’m starting to think you didn’t miss me at all.” Hilde pouted after she released the Japanese youth.



“Of course I missed you,” Heero replied as he tried and failed to right his hair. “I just haven’t been feeling quite well lately.”



Instantly worried the young woman looked over the boy whom she considered a brother and noted that he did seem thinner and a little pale.



“What’s wrong?” she asked quietly, as she pressed a hand to his forehead, it felt cool and clammy.



“Duo thinks it may be the stomach flu.” Heero told her as he led the way to his office.



“Really, you don’t have a fever, what are the other symptoms?” She closed the office door and sat in the guest chair situated in front of Heero’s desk.



“Honestly, there’s nothing to worry about. I have been a touch nauseous and tired. Duo’s not worried and neither am I.”



“Okay, so anything exciting happen while I was away?”



“Hil, you’ve only been gone ten days, when has anything exciting ever happened here?” Heero asked with a slight grin.



“Duo trying to dismantle a damaged old Leo without checking if the power was charged first was exciting.”



“No it wasn’t!” Heero protested. “He panicked when the cell popped and sparked, he thought his hair was on fire!”



“You’re right it wasn’t exciting, it was freaking hilarious! He screamed like a little girl and ran around like a chicken!”



“Well, he did go a bit overboard, didn’t he?”



“Is it out?! Is it out?!” Hilde called her arms waving in the air. Heero laughed.



A loud whistle blew outside singling the end of the workday for the yards’ hired help.



Heero glanced at the window briefly before turning back to the woman sitting before him.



“Are you coming over for dinner tonight?” Heero asked whilst shutting down his computer.



“Oh, you just reminded me!” Hilde exclaimed, “I just found out that the landlord is fumigating my apartment building, you mind if I crash at your place for a night or two?”



“Yes I mind, go get a hotel room.” The Japanese youth teased.



“Brat.” The young woman grinned, snatching a Kleenex box off of the desk to throw at the Japanese youth. She missed by a mile but she really hadn’t planned on hitting him anyway.



“Want to come over now?” the blue-eyed boy asked, picking up the tissues and placing them back on the desk, she nodded in reply. “Let’s go dig the baka out of the scrap pile then we can head home.” Hilde beamed and followed the former wing pilot out into the yard.



Hilde had been pleasantly surprised when Heero had shown up at the scrap yard just a few weeks after the war had ended. Duo had been ecstatic and his reaction to seeing his friend was more then enough for Hilde as she cared deeply for the braided American so any friend of his was already a friend of hers.



Heero readily accepted the job she had offered him, and moved into Duo’s tiny studio apartment before finding a larger two bedroom that they could share. That was five months ago, and Hilde could not be happier.



She still enjoyed her on again-off again flings with Duo and loved Heero like a brother. He had turned out to be one of the sweetest most compassionate people she had ever met. There wasn’t a single mean bone in his body and he had a wicked sense of humor that at times had even made Duo blush.



The pair strolled through the yard, the bright artificial colony sun glairing overhead. They found Duo; just where Heero said he would be. Half buried up to his knees in scrap wire trying the shovel the pile into a holding bin.



“Hey, Dork. The whistle blew ten minutes ago.” Hilde called out to the preoccupied American.



Duo started then spun around, bits of plastic covered wire clinging to his clothes. “Heya Hill-dee!”



“Hurry up,” She demanded in a teasing tone “I’m tired after my flight I wanna eat and take a shower.”



“What does that have to do with me?” the braided youth asked whilst picking a few bits of wire from his hair.



“Cause, I’m crashing on your couch, that’s what.”



“Great!” Duo beamed “You can make dinner.”



“The hell I am! I’m your guest Duo Maxwell you should cook for me.” Duo sighed and turned to look at Heero who was smirking at their exchange.



“Don’t look at me.” Heero warned as he raised his hands in defense and took a step back.



Duo pouted, he was tired and didn’t want to cook but the warning in Heero’s voice had reminded him that the Japanese youth couldn’t make an edible meal if his life depended on it.



“Take out?” he asked trying his best puppy look on Heero, knowing that the other boy wasn’t fond of the idea of some unknown stranger preparing his food.



“Alright.” Heero agreed causing Duo to smile brightly.



“Lemme grab my coat and lock up, I’ll be right back.” The braided youth left the dark haired pair and dashed off to take care of the last minute details of running a business.



* * *



“So how was the junk convention?” Duo asked from the front passenger seat while Hilde drove them to the nearest Chinese food place, Heero and Duo lived close enough to the yard that they walked to work each day.



“Surprisingly, it wasn’t as boring as I thought it would be.” The dark-haired girl replied as she paused at a stop sign.



“You get the estimates for the metal compactor yet?” Heero inquired for the backseat, as the car rolled through the intersection.



“I sure did, we can actually afford two with the amount we allotted for the purchase.” She replied whilst pulling into the parking lot for Canton Village {1}



The three walked into the tiny restaurant and Heero, suddenly overcome by a wave of nausea mumbled a quiet “Excuse me,” then hurriedly walked to the men’s room locking the door behind him.

.

Duo sighed, “He’s been like that for three days now.” Duo explained. “He’ll be able to eat later after his stomach settles.”



Hilde frowned but Duo didn’t seem worried so she shrugged it off and turned to look at the large menu hanging on the wall.



Heero had emerged from the restroom several moments later looking ill, he was paler then he had been before and his damp hair indicated that he had washed his face, Hilde was ordering but he bypassed the pair at the counter and went to sit in the car.



Duo had ordered for him knowing what Heero’s tastes were, then snagged a coke from the cooler and took it out to Heero who gladly accepted it.



“Sorry to be such a bother.” Heero said softly after taking few sips of the cold soda.



“Don’t worry, you can make it up to me later,” the braided one grinned and wagged his eyebrows. Heero smiled back weakly. He really didn’t feel up to having a romp with Duo tonight. Duo beamed, then leaned in to give the other boy a soft kiss on the cheek.



Heero smiled back, returning the kiss then watched as Duo returned to the restaurant to help Hilde carry the food.



“Feeling better?” The woman asked as she slid behind the wheel and fastened her seatbelt.



“A little, I think I’m going to lie down for a while when we get home.”



“No problem, I got you those big crispy lemon shrimp that you like and the paper wrapped chicken, they should keep for a few hours.” Duo told him whilst trying to juggle one of the bags of food and fasten his seatbelt at the same time.



Heero nodded, that was one of the reasons he liked those particular dishes. They made a good breakfast. And he never ordered more then that because there were always leftover noodles, vegetables and rice from Duo’s cartons.



The ride back to the apartment quiet; when they arrived, the boys went to their rooms to change while Hilde did the same in the bathroom. Duo laughed as he entered the kitchen and noticed that both he and Hilde had changed into their M&S salvage t-shirts.



“That stains’ new.” The woman said as she noticed Duo’s shirt.



“Huh?” he asked, looking down at his clothes. Hilde stepped forward and ran the tip of her finger up the middle of his chest then flicked his nose.



“Gotcha!” she grinned then turned back to the table where most of the food had already been laid out.



“Har har,” Duo replied and sat in his usual seat. Knowing that Heero was resting they decided to start with out him and conversed about the convention, the scrap yard and many other insignificant things while they ate.



When they were done with their meal, Hilde gathered up the leftovers and popped them in the fridge for later while Duo rinsed the few dishes that they had used.



Once everything was tidy, the young woman announced that she wanted to take a shower and disappeared into the bathroom. Alone and bored Duo went in search of his boyfriend. He found Heero lying in his side snuggled beneath a warm blanket in his dim bedroom.



“Hey, feeling better?”



“A bit.” Heero replied rolling over so that he was now facing the other boy.



Duo smiled and climbed onto the bed snuggling up beside the boy. The Japanese youth smiled but his contentment was short lived as Duo’s hands began to wander.



“Duo, not tonight. Please?”



“Not tonight.” Duo repeated suddenly angry. “I’ve heard ‘not tonight’ every night for the past week. When will you let me make love to you again?”



“I don’t know.” Heero sighed “When I’m feeling better.”



Duo inaudibly grumbled something under his breath and climbed from the bed.



“When you’re feeling better you can find me in my room, until them you can sleep alone.” He announced then left the room closing the door behind him.



Still grumbling he wandered not to his bedroom but back into the lounge. Hilde was still in the shower so Duo took the time to grab some extra linens from the closet and made up the couch. Once the ‘guest bed’ was done, he plopped down into his favorite chair and turned on the t.v.



He was so involved in his choice of movies that he jumped when a pair of slender arms wrapped around his shoulders.



“Is Heero sleeping?” Hilde asked quietly, her mouth close enough to his ear that he felt her warm breath on this face.



“Most likely.” Duo whispered back then fully turned to her, lips hungrily seeking hers. He rose from the chair, still kissing and nibbling her lips and neck as they groped their way to the sofa.



Clothes were shed and both were barely dressed as they tumbled onto the soft cushions.



They were so involved with each other that neither noticed another presence in the room until it was too late. There was a sharp gasp from the hallway and the two on the couch turned in unison.



Heero was there, staring at them with such and intense took of pain on his face that it caused Hilde’s stomach to clench.



“Hee…” Before she could finish the Japanese boy turned back into his bedroom, closing the door behind him.



“Oops.” She grinned sheepishly, embarrassed that her ‘little brother’ had seen her in such a reveling position.



The mood now spoiled, Hilde looked down at Duo who still lay mostly nude beneath her and froze in shock. The look on his face was filled with guilt.



// what would he have to be guilty about, it’s not as if Heero and I are together or anything. It’s almost as if… oh my god!//



“Duo, are you and Heero a couple?” She asked glairing down at him. He nodded slowly.



“You fucking bastard, how could you do this to me, to him!” she shouted climbing off of the American. She grabbed her discarded t-shirt and pulled it on angrily.



“How could you not tell me?! And my god how could you hurt Heero like that! Didn’t you realize that one of us would find out! Gods he’s like my brother, he trusts me! Did you even stop to consider the kind of damage this could cause?!”



Fuming, she pulled on her sleeping shorts, stalked down the hall to Heero’s room, and knocked on the door.



“Little brother? Can I come in?” She called gently; then opened the door when she received no reply. The room was empty, the curtain billowing gently from the cool breeze blowing in through the open window.



“Fuck!” she snarled stomping back to the lounge, cramming her feet into her shoes as she snatched up her overnight bag and purse.



“Are you leaving?” Duo asked weakly from the sofa.



“Prick!” she snapped grabbing her keys off the coffee table.



“Hilde, please don’t leave. I’ll go get Heero and we’ll talk okay?”



“Fuck you, Duo Maxwell. Heero left and so am I.” With that she yanked open the front door, stepped through it then slammed it in Duo’s face as he rose to stop her.



Through the closed door, the braided youth could hear Hilde slam her car door a moment before the vehicle started.



“Fuck.” Duo shouted into the empty room, then suddenly Hilde’s parting words resurfaced and he darted to Heero’s bedroom, only to find it empty.



“Oh gods no…” he trembled as his eyes scanned the room; it was obvious that Heero had packed before he left; the open drawers and barren closet were a bold testament that Heero had not intended to return.



“What have I done?” he whispered sitting on the foot of the Japanese boys’ bed.



His only reply was the fluttering of curtains caught in the late spring breeze.



t.b.c.



{1} Canton Village is real, with yummy food, descent prices, typo’s on the menu and NO parking lot *grin*