Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ An Old World Drowning in Blood ❯ Errands To Run ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

An Old World Drowning in Blood

Part V

By Jared T.

By Jared T.

Acknowledgements: As always I guess, you, the reader, my parents, friends, internet, YTV, Bandai, Sunrise…yah. Thanks to you all. The AOWDIB series should only be seen/read at these sites: http://www.geocities.com/j_tca and http://www.geocities.com/gundam_wing_colosseum/ If you see this anywhere else, then please notify me at charachu@hotmail.com or jared_t2001@hotmail.com Thanks again. P.S. If you steal my stuff without my permission, I will rip off your head, fingers, toes, tongue, and finger-NAILS, piece by piece, very very VERY slowly. DO NOT TAKE MY STUFF WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. THIS FANFIC IS PROPERTY OF CHARACHU CORP. AND THE CHARACTERS (SOME) BELONG TO BANDAI. THIS IS A WORK OF PURE FICTION. THIS IS YOUR FINAL WARNING. DO NOT STEAL MY STUFF. I KNOW WHO YOU ARE. YAH, THAT'S RIGHT, YOU! RIGHT THERE READING THIS. I WILL KILL YOU IF YOU STEAL MY STUFF. Have a nice day! =)
*Everything in this story is fictional. It does not relate to anyone, real, imaginary, alive or dead. This is a work of pure fiction. All aspects of Gundam, (except for this story series) is copyright of Sunrise Corp.

It is After Colony 300. In a world where peace once prevailed, war is a terrible thing. The Parsacle are a race of aliens. They have a tall, blue stature. Their eyes glisten in the dark, and they have the power of telepathy. The leader of this alien armada is one called Hylifar of Mentl. He is the commander of this operation. Against this threat, 5 teens have stood against the coming darkness. Meilluardo Dashim, the new Commander of the defence and also the leader of the pilots, Marcus Pearlain, a swift technology study, Edward Mitsaku, always polite, but strong in battle, Pike Langcaster, the youngest of all, and Marissa Hono. Her father was killed by Hylifar. She now seeks revenge. And now, back to the story…

Meilluardo sat at the table. A massive headache had begun to set in. He had been stuck in this mission planning meeting all day. They couldn't decide what the next target should be. Intelligence leaned heavily towards a full frontal assualt before the Parsacle could do anymore damage, engineering was having some problems with suit repairs, and the armory was running out of munitions. "I say that we shouldn't hold back any longer! We should rebuild the Magestic and launch a full frontal assualt with everything we've got against that base!" said the intelligence officer. He was a stout man, more used to being behing a desk than in the field. "We can't! We don't have the supplies or the munitions for that kind of operation! I say we do some more recon operations to find the other Parsacle hideouts. Worse comes to worse, we can nuke them all!" said the officer running the armory. He was a large man, muscle bound in more ways than one. His face had a large scar running down past his cheek, leaving a chasm in the man's face. His arms bulged with muscluar power, and his eyes hid the intense intelligence behind them. Meilluardo studied each of the officers in the room in turn, and finally came to his decision. "We shouldn't do any of those." He said in a quiet tone. The officer's faces were surprised at the fact that theirs wasn't chosen. "First of all," said Meilluardo, "A full frontal assualt wouldn't do us any good. Even if we could destroy that base, the Parsacle would just rebuild it again. Rebuilding the Magestic is a good idea, but not right now. We don't have the munitions for that. Besides, the other suits are being repaired and reloaded. And nuclear weapons would just put the other countries AGAINST us because of the Nuclear Decimation treaty. We can't nuke the base because all nuclear weapons were supposed to be destroyed decades ago. For now, there is nothing for us to do, but sit and wait. We must wait for the Parsacle to move before we strike." Said Meilluardo. One of the officers opened his mouth to contradict Meilluardo, but was quickly shot down by an angry look from the rest of the officers. "Alright. That's the end of this meeting. I want the rest of you to start cracking. We need munitions, supplies, and information. Go!" All the officers got up to leave. Soon, Meilluardo stood in an empty room, in a red chair that was too big. He sighed. This many problems can't be good for us. Since the city was evacuated, there have been very little ways for us to get supplies and munitions. That Parsacle base seemed to have a lot…and they seem to have stealth detection technology as well…That might be a problem…everyone is gone except Pike and me. I think it's time we go on a covert operation of our own….
Pike meandered down the hall with nothing to do. I'm soooo bored!…Everyone is out doing something…Edward is at a diplomatic something-or-other, Marcus is at a technology summit, and Marissa is at her mother's funeral. Meilluardo won't even talk to me… He's too busy he says. Pike thought as he walked around a corner. He kept walking and looking at his shoes, his big, brown sneakers. They squeaked as he walked, and left a trail of mud behind them. "Clean up that mess soldier!" cried a voice behind him. Pike turned around with a start. It was Meilluardo. "Oh…okay…" said Pike with a downcast expression. "Just kidding. Come on, remember? The floors are self-cleaning." Said Meilluardo with a smile as one of the cleaning droids came around the corner. "Pike, I need your help." Said Meilluardo, his face suddenly turning grim. "What is it Meilluardo?" asked Pike with a smile, happy not to be bored anymore. "We're going on a mission. Noone else knows. I need your help with this okay?" said Meilluardo, his voice low. "Umm…okay…I guess…" said Pike somewhat reluctantly. "Good. Come on, we gotta suit up." Said Meilluardo as the two ran down the hall to the hanger.
They arrived at the hanger, wearing black jumpsuits. They had hand held blasters holstered at their sides, and a utility belt with various pieces of equipment. They strode into the hangers and proceeded to board their mobile suits to the amazement of the techs working there. The group assigned to Temjin and Raidan signed a thumbs up, thinking that the two were just doing some test runs on the suits. Their faces suddenly melted into sudden surprise as the pilots ordered live ammuntion. The techs stood motionless as the two suits blasted out of the hanger.
"Alright Meilluardo, where are we headed?" asked Pike, happy to be out of the base. "Let's head back to that Parsacle base that we found a while ago.*" said Meilluardo, his face a stone tablet. "Yes sir." Said Pike, turning Raidan towards the Parsacle base.
*Refer to AOWDIB III*
They landed near the giant mole hill, and decided to proceed on foot, having their mobile suits on remote control. The ground was rocky, and covered in tiny cliffs and overhangs leading to the Parsacle base. They jumped out of the cockpits, and started the trek towards the base. They walked for about 20 minutes before reaching an overhanging cliff looking over the base. Meilluardo pulled out a pair of binoculars, and began to scan the base. "There are a pair of Parsacle guards standing watch outside the entrance…that eliminates us being able to get in the front door…" said Meilluardo, slightly discouraged. "Any other entrances? Like an air shaft or something?" asked Pike, eager to get moving. "Hmm….I don't see any around…wait! …There! That's our entrance, come on!" said Meilluardo as he rushed down the slope. "Hey! Wait for me!" said Pike after him.
They rushed down towards the entrance Meilluardo had discovered. They moved swiftly and stealthily. As they neared the entrance, Meilluardo began to move faster and faster, eager to avoid the guards and to get into the base. They soon reached the entrance. "This is it? Your awesome entrance?" asked Pike quietly, "It's just a sewage hole…" he said as he looked upon it with disgust. "So what? This will get us in and out with as little disturbance as possible. Besides, we don't want to cause a big disruption that would cause us to be discovered, now would we?" said Meilluardo, all-knowingly. "Yah, fine I guess." Said Pike as he slipped into the hole. After Pike had entered, Meilluardo slipped in as well, careful to put on his gas mask first.
In the tunnel, and after Pike had put on his gas mask, Meilluardo turned on his flashlight and swung the light around. It was just like a normal sewer, all except for the strange markings along the wall. Pike and Meilluardo each went to a different section of the wall, and examined the strange markings. "These seem to be some kind of…marker of some sort…" said Meilluardo quietly. "Creepy." Said Pike, shuddering slightly. "Come on, we need to get out of here fast." Meilluardo whispered, walking north. "How do you know this is the right way?" asked Pike, confused. "I don't. I'm just going with my gut instinct." Said Meilluardo, even further ahead. "Hey! Wait for me!" said Pike as he ran swiftly to Meilluardo's side.
After walking for some time in the tunnel, a light appeared at the end of the tunnel. "That must mean we're almost out. Let's be careful." Said Meilluardo, caution edging his voice. They both pulled out their blasters and turned off their lights. They walked as quietly as they could towards the light. They reached the light but stopped dead in their tracks. They were standing in an air vent above what seemed to be the control room for that base. They looked down at the Parsacle moving about the floor, slow, blue shapes moving from blinking light to blinking light. Meilluardo signaled Pike to follow. He crawled towards a crossnode for the air duct. He looked around and spotted what he was looking for. A ladder. Pike and Meilluardo climbed down the ladder, wary of the foes close by. They went as quietly as they could, and as quickly as they dared, down the ladder. They quickly ran towards the corridor across from the ladder, but they were too loud, as the Parsacle in the control room turned and fired upon them. They ducked behind a control station, with sparks flying into their hair like sparkling flames in the night. They shot from around the console, trying not to destroy their cover. A quick scan of the room showed 10 Parsacle firing at them. Meilluardo decided to try something different. "Okay Pike. This seems like a good time to do this. I need some cover fire. On my mark, 3, 2, 1, mark!" said Meilluardo as he suddenly jumped up, pulled another blaster from his breast pocket and let loose a hail of bullets upon his blue-skinned foes. As he slowly advanced towards the Parsacle, Pike was firing wildly, trying to hit anything that moved, aside from Meilluardo. Meilluardo walked into the fiery flames of the enemy bullets, fearlessly walking towards them. The shooting in the room suddenly stopped. Nothing moved. Pike moved from around his hiding spot to survey the scene. Meilluardo was on the floor, a large blue foot on his chest. Pike looked up in horror. "Hello little one. I believe you remember me. I am Hylifar." Said the sadistically smiling blue face above him. "Throw them in Prison Area 1. I will deal with them later." He said with a smile…

To be continued...
-Jared T. October 23, 2001