Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Angel of Death ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Heero watched as Duo paced through the garden. He was a little worried. Duo wasn't acting like his usual self. Something was wrong, and Heero was positive it had something to do with the news report. He just didn't know how it was related to Duo. He watched the braided boy as he finally stopped pacing and dropped down onto the ground. He sighed loudly before flopping onto his back. He starred up at the sky. "Why me, huh? Why me?" He almost jumped out of his skin as Heero sat down next to him. "Geez, Heero. You nearly gave me a heart attack." Heero tried to hide his smile. "Sorry." His smile faded. "Duo, what's wrong? I know something's wrong, so don't tell me that nothing's wrong. If you do, I just might have to kill you." Duo gulped. "Heero, I...I... I wish I could tell you. But, I...I can't." He looked like he really wanted to tell Heero, but was restraining himself. Heero wondered why, but didn't push it. He nodded his acceptance of Duo's answer. "That's fine. But, when you feel like you can tell somebody, you know you can always talk to me." Duo was a little startled by how understanding Heero was being. He nodded. "Yeah. I know I can always talk to you." Heero nodded, then stood up and headed back towards the house. Duo sighed. He had really wanted to tell Heero, but he couldn't. If Heero found out about him, he would probably think Duo was some kind of freak. He would hate him. And Duo didn't want to lose his relationship with Heero. They had finally made it this far. Heero thought of Duo as his friend. And to Duo, Heero was a best friend. The only best friend he'd had since Solo had died. And having a good friend, especially one as understanding as Heero, was very important to him. He didn't want to lose that. He sighed as he stood up. He needed something to distract him, so he went to work on Deathscythe.




As he entered the hangar, he noticed that Sandrock was gone. He went back inside. "Hey, Trowa," he said as he entered the living room. Trowa looked up. "Quatre go on a mission?" Trowa nodded. "Yeah, he'll be gone until tomorrow afternoon." Duo decided against going back to work on his gundam. It didn't need any repairs anyway. Instead, he went up to his room. "Maybe I should get a shower. My hair could use a good washing." He nodded. "Yeah. That would relax me." He grabbed a towel and headed into the bathroom. He smiled as the hot water hit his body. It felt good. And it was helping to relax him. He finally decided that he should get out before he turned into a prune. He was just finishing brushing his hair out, when their was a knock on his door. "Door's open." he called. The door opened and Heero came in. "It's almost time for the mission." Duo looked at the clock. Heero was right. He hadn't realized how long he had been in the shower. He hurriedly braided his hair. "Okay. Ready." He followed Heero to the hangar. "Let's go," he said. He and Heero got into their gundams and they were off. The mission had begun.




Author's Notes: Okay, I know this chapter is pretty short too, but it's the best I could do. Please read and review. Let me know what you think so far. RurouniGirl