Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Angel of Death ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Duo ran down the hall. He had finished setting the explosives and all he had to do now was get outside and in his gundam. Then he could set them off and he could get back to the safehouse and sleep. As he rounded the corner, he nearly collided with an officer. "Hey, what are you doing in here?" The soldier tried to grab Duo, but Duo managed to avoid him. He turned and started to run in the opposite direction. The soldier pulled out a gun and ran after him. "Hey, get back here." He continued to chase Duo and shouting out for him to stop. When Duo didn't listen, he started to shoot at Duo. "Shit!" Duo said. 'Why did he always have to get into this kind of mess?' He stumbled and fell as a bullet caught him in the leg. Before he could stand up, the soldier was in front of him and hawling him to his feet by his braid. Duo hissed in pain as the soldier yanked hard on his braid. The man was taking his time, trying to put Duo in as much pain as he could. By now, Duo was frustrated. He lashed out with his foot, catching the soldier in the thigh. It wasn't as hard as he had hoped it would be, but he had been off balance and it didn't have enough force to cause as much pain as he wanted. It did, however, serve a purpose. As his foot connected with the soldier's thigh, the soldier let go of him, allowing him to get away. Then he lashed out again. This time, his foot connected solidly with the soldier's stomach, causing him to double over. That's when he noticed that the leg Duo had used to kick him, was the leg that he had shot. He could see the blood stains and the hole where the bullet had hit. "How...How?" Duo laughed. "The bullet didn't do anything but make me lose my balance." He bent down and pulled his pants leg up. There was nothing. It was like Duo had never been shot. The soldier starred up at him, a look of pure terror on his face. "What...what are you? Some kind of freak?" Duo looked him straight in the eyes. "I'm your worst nightmare." His voice held a sorrowful tone. "I'm death."




As soon as they we're back from the mission, Duo headed straight for his room. Heero knew something had happened to upset him, but he didn't want to ask the braided pilot. It would just make him angry. He just wished Duo would tell him what was wrong instead of keeping it bottled up inside. He knew that Duo's cheerful attitude was usually just to cover up how he really felt. It was like he was wearing a mask. Duo was his best friend. He had been the first real friend Heero had ever had, and it hurt him when Duo was upset about something. He just wished the other pilot would tell him what was wrong. Or at least tell him what had happened on their mission that night. He sighed. He needed something to take his mind off of everthing, so he went to make some minor repairs on Wing Zero. Hopefully that would distract him for a little while. And maybe it would give him some time to think.




Duo starred up at his ceiling. Tears flowed down his cheeks. 'Why him? Why did it have to be him?' He sighed loudly and closed his eyes. There was a knock on his door, but he didn't answer it. He heard the door handle turn, but nobody could enter. He had made sure nobody would come in. The door was locked. He didn't want to talk to anyone right now. He just wanted to be left alone. "Duo? Duo, are you all right?" He tried to ignore it. "Duo, I know you can hear me. And I know you're not asleep, so answer me. Are you all right?" Duo cursed under his breath. "Go away, Heero. I don't want to talk to anyone right now." Heero didn't answer. Then he heard a soft scraping noise and a small clicking sound. The door swung open and Heero walked in. "I said, go away." Heero closed the door and walked over to Duo. "No. I'm not gonna leave." Duo gave Heero what he hoped was a menacing glare, but Heero didn't move. "Duo, I know something is wrong, and I know you're hurting. But, you're not the only one who's suffering. I am too." Duo was a little surprised by this last remark. "But, why are you suffering?" Heero sat down next to Duo. "You're the first real friend I've had. In fact your the first friend I've ever had. I never had any friends until I met you. When I see you in pain, it hurts me too." A tear slid down Duo's cheek. "I...I really want to tell you what's wrong, but i'm afraid to." Heero put his arm around Duo's shoulder. "Why are you afraid to tell me?" Duo sighed. "Because, I'm afraid that if you know what I really am, you'll hate me and think I'm some kind of freak or something."




Author's Notes: okay, I know this probably really sucks, but I wrote it at 1 o'clock in the morning. Again, sorry it's kinda short. Please read and review. Let me know what you think. RurouniGirl