Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Angel of Death ❯ Chapter ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Duo sighed. He knew that if he told Heero, he would probably lose his best friend. But, he had to tell him. He had wanted to tell him for a such a long time, but he had held back. Now he was determined to tell Heero what he really was. Even if it meant losing his friendship. He had to tell somebody, and right now, Heero was the only one who seemed to know how he felt. He was the only one who knew that Duo's cheerfulness was just a cover up for how he really felt. Yes, he was going to tell Heero, no matter what the outcome. "It will be easier if I show you." Duo stood up and went into the bathroom. A moment later he reappeared holding a razor. Before Heero had time to say anything, he slashed the blade of the razor across his arm. Heero jumped. "What the hell?" Duo held out his hand, forcing Heero to stop. "Wait." he said. He held his arm up so Heero could see. As he watched the cut gradually closed and the blood disappeared. It looked like he had never cut himself. There wasn't even a scar. Heero starred in astonishment. "But how?" Duo sighed, and Heero could see the sorrow in the violet eyes. "Because, I...I'm Shinigami." Heero was a little confused. 'What was Duo talking about. Sure, Shinigami is what Duo called himself. That was only because of what he did. He killed.' "What...what do you mean," he asked. Duo could see how confused Heero was. He sighed and hung his head. "I'll show you." he said, sounding a little more than nervous. "You'll understand better." He took a step back and closed his eyes. Suddenly, it got pitch black outside and lightning streaked across the sky. Thunder crashed loudly. Heero watched as a pair of black wings arched from Duo's back. His hair came out of the braid and hung loosely aroung his shoulders. In his hand, a glowing green scythe appeared. He looked up at Heero and a single tear slid down his cheek. "You see, Heero. I am Shinigami." Heero was silent. 'Oh, great,' Duo thought. 'He thinks I'm a freak. He probably hates me now.'




Heero looked Duo straight in the eyes. He could see all the pain and sorrow he kept burried inside in those violet orbs. 'Poor Duo,' he thought. 'He's had to deal with this his whole life.' He watched as a single tear trailed down Duo's cheek. He knew he should have been more freaked about this, but for some strange reason he wasn't. It was like he had always known about it, deep down inside. Heero took a step toward Duo, but Duo backed away. Heero tried to look him straight in the eye, but Duo refused to look at him. Finally, Heero gave up on trying. He simply did it. The next moment, he had his arms around Duo. Duo was shocked. Tears streamed down his face. Heero could feel Duo's shoulders shaking with each sob. He tried his best to comfort his friend, but wasn't sure if it was working. Duo finally stopped crying and just stood there, clinging to Heero as if he was going to disappear the next moment. Finally, Heero pulled away from Duo and looked him straight in the eyes. "Are you okay?" he asked worriedly. Duo nodded and wiped his eyes with the back of his hand. "Yeah, I'm okay." He looked at Heero, confusion written all over his face. "You...you don't think I'm a freak?" Heero shook his head. "No. I would never think of you as freak. I told you, you're the only friend I've ever had, and I don't want to lose that friendship." "But...but I'm...I'm a...a freak." Heero took Duo by the shoulders and forced him to look straight at him. "Duo, you are not a freak. No matter what, you will never be a freak. Never." Duo wasn't sure how to react to this. He had expected Heero to run out of the room calling him a freak. He hadn't expected this. He slowly sank down onto the ground. Heero sat next to him. "It must be really hard," he said. Duo nodded and sighed. "It's hell." For a minute he was quiet. "Every morning I wake up and ask 'Why me? Why did it have to be me?' I finally excepted it, but, then I met you. After that, It was back to 'Why me?' I thought that if you knew, you would hate me, so I kept it a secret." Heero smiled. "Duo, I already told you. You're my best friend. When you told me, it was like I knew I should have been freaked, but I wasn't. It's kind of like I've always known. I don't know how, but that's what it felt like." Duo smiled as he looked over at Heero. "Hey, Heero?" Heero turned toward him. "Yeah?" "Thanks for being my friend." Heero smiled and put his arm around Duo's shoulder. "Anytime," he said, grinning. "And, Duo." Duo looked up. "Thank you for being my friend." For a second, they just sat there looking at each other. Then, a loud grumbling echoed through the room. Duo burst out laughing. "Man, I'm hungry. I haven't eaten all day." Heero starred at him in shock. "Wow. No food for a whole day? What an accomplishment." He stood up and held his hand out to help Duo up. Once they were both standing another grumble errupted. This time from Heero's stomach. Duo looked at him suspiciously. "And when was the last time you ate, Mr. Yuy?" Heero thought for a minute. "Well, Mr. Maxwell. I think it was last night." Duo and Heero both started laughing again. When they finally managed to stop laughing, they both looked at each other, eyes locking. "Kitchen?" Duo asked. Heero nodded. "Kitchen."



Author's Notes: Okay, really stupid right? I couldn't think of anything else. So, please read and review. Let me know what you think.

RurouniGirl