Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ As A Girl ❯ As A Girl pt2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: A special thanks goes out to Karina for reviewing on this. I really appreciate it. Something that I didn't mention in the last chapter, White Flag is property of Dido and in this chapter My Immortal - Evanesence

* * * * * * * * * * * *

She walked over to the cliff that she once shared with her thoughts as a child. She glanced back over her shoulder to see Zechs following not far behind her. Concern was etched into his angelic features while pain and depression were mirrored in her eyes. He stopped behind her and ran his hands up and down her arms as she leaned back into his comforting embrace. Tilting her head to the sky she watched the grey clouds roll away being replaced by the brightly shinning sun of spring. She stayed like that for a while, not wanting to move, to remember, to sense, to do anything.

I'm so tired of being here
Suppressed by all my childish fears
And if you have to leave
I wish that you would just leave
'Cause your presence still lingers here
And it won't leave me alone

The girl raced through the school grounds to greet her friend Hilde, but when she reached their meeting place Hilde was nowhere to be seen. The girl searched high and low for her friend to no avail.

"Karin? Who are you looking for?" asked the kindergarten teacher.

"Hilde, but I can't find her." The girl answered saddened.

"Sweetie, Hilde moved on Sunday."

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

That had been her favorite teacher growing up. In fact, that was the only time Noin could remember the teacher with flowing auburn hair and bright blue eyes. They always seemed to dance, even in the saddest of times; those eyes always assured her that there was something to look forward to. That was the one memory she had of the teacher and no matter how hard she tried, no matter how sad the moment, she couldn't get rid of it. The day she found out her best friend had moved away. That was the same day that she had decided that things needed to change in her life.

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have
All of me

The words shook her to the core. People never used her full name unless it was important, she was in trouble, or something had happened that would upset her; they usually just called her `Rin'. Hearing her teacher she ran, further and further away from the school. Away from her teacher, away from everything that she knew. She ran to her so called home and threw some clothes into her backpack. Walking down the hallway from her room she took a quick glance around for her mother or uncle, neither were in the house that she could see of. Tiptoeing into her mother's room she grabbed the discarded wallet off the dresser and shoved into her stuffed bag and left the house.

You used to captivate me
By your resonating life
Now I'm bound by the life you left behind
Your face it haunts
My once pleasant dreams
Your voice it chased away
All the sanity in me

"Do you want to stay a bit longer or go home?" the blonde asked, still behind her.

"Home." Noin answered. If he hadn't been listening for her answer he never would have heard it, she spoke so softly. They started to walk back to the office in silence. The rain had stopped, that much was true, but it was still pouring buckets inside her heart. She wanted to cry but for some reason the tears just wouldn't come. They remained un-fallen in her heart. Her mind was pulling up these memories and she didn't want them today. To tell the truth, she didn't want to remember anything at all, ever. She stayed silent as he walked along side her.

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

She ran down the street, never looking back at what she was leaving behind. She ran to the nearest train station and with her last stretch of courage she boarded, promising that this was the end. She stared out the window not really seeing anything that was flashing by but a dark void getting smaller and smaller as the train carried her further away from it. A woman; with her son entered the compartment but she paid them no head. The train stopped somewhere in Italy and the three of them got off. However, the girl didn't stay with the woman, instead she started off on her own in the market place where she met a nice family that had agreed to take her in as their own.

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have
All of me

By the time the pair had reached the Preventer office building Noin lack of even a word had begun to disturb Zechs and she knew it. If she didn't speak at all he would insist on coming over to check on her in the morning or else she would end up staying at the mansion with him, Relena and Heero. She sighed at the thought. She didn't want someone to be babying her but she knew she was going to need someone to rely on tonight. Someone who wouldn't mind just being there for her.

I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone
But though you're still with me
I've been alone all along

She had become known as Lucrezia Trinity Noin but most called her Lucy. It wasn't a luxurious and expensive life like most dreamed of but a simple one. Just a normal life without having to look over her shoulder to see if anyone that would want to hurt her was coming. This was her dream. A life that didn't involve running and hiding every five minutes. The Noin's were accepting her as if she were their daughter. She never asked for anything and always got a few coins as an allowance for her work around the house and at the market. She felt that this was the perfect life.

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have
All of me

"LTN," Noin said the letters as if they were of some bizarre importance. Laughing silently to herself while Zechs gave her a quizzical look. "My initials, LTN, Lucrezia Trinity Noin. It's funny; those same initials also stood for Lieutenant Noin." She explained to him. He smiled back at her softly as they approached his car and climbed in. "You're right, it is kind of funny." He agreed.

They drove in silence with the stereo playing until they reached the tall building of White Oaks apartments. A shadow loomed in the doorway, and as quietly as he had come, he was gone. The two walked up to Noin's apartment and entered to the living room.

"Are you going to be okay or do you want me stay a while?" Zechs asked her sitting down on the large sofa facing the sliding glass doors to her balcony.

"Stay, please." She answered curling up next to him. The last thing she was conscious of was his arm draping over her as she fell asleep.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

A/N: So how did you all like it? I might write some more but I need a few ideas first, if you have any don't hesitate to let me know.