Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ As Fate Would Have It ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]




Hey jenn




Heya part people, what's happening? Nothing much, I guess that's cool. Hey, if you had something going on you wouldn't be here reading this, now would you? Hehe, you know, I can say whatever I want to here cuz no one's going to read it anyway!
Oh, and ~this thing~ means thinking. So if you see that, it's all in their heads.
Disclaimer: "Rehab is for quitters" (hehe, get it? …………oh, nvm.)

As Fate would have It- chapter 3
It was locked.
She stared at the knob, almost expecting it to spring open at any moment.
It didn't.
She grasped the doorknob again, and wrenched it roughly.
It still didn't open.
She panicked, racked her brain for any possible reason why it would be locked.
~ Were they all like this? What if they are… and we're locked in…together…alone…~ she paused, letting this all reel through her head.
Then, finding no other way to calm her nerves and solve her current dilemma, she did the only thing she could think of at the time.
"WUFEI!!!!!!"
Wufei was sitting in the kitchen, still sipping his coffee while the previous days events went through his head.
"WUFEI!!!!!!"
Startled, Wufei jumped, causing his coffee mug to drop and spill it's contents into his lap.
~ Kuso! ~ he swore ~ that woman better be in *some* kind of a life and death situation ~ he thought to himself as he ran down the halls to the source of the noise.
Upon reaching the obviously frightened woman staring at the doorknob as if it were a snake, he let out a breath he forgot he was holding and swore again, out loud this time. "What is it woman?!"
She looked at him and managed to stutter out a faint "It's…it's locked Wufei."
Something hurt at the sight of her alarmed face, but it was quickly pushed aside as the thought of what she was scared over registered in his mind.
"*So* what?!" he seethed, "Did it bite you?!" ~ All this for a stupid locked door…~
She glared at him. "*So*" she mimicked, " it wasn't locked before." Her controlled voice caught his attention.
"And…" he prompted, she was completely over reacting over a dumb locked door.
"And if I know Milliardo, he probably locked us in."
A moment of uneasy silence settled over the two, and all movement stopped.
Then in a flurry of motion they were both off in different directions, running for their lives…give or take.

They met up in the library, both heaving heavily.
"Find anything?" he gasped.
"No." she heaved back.
"Damn Milliardo." They swore at the same time.
She looked right up at him, straight in the eye, one eyebrow raised.
He raised an eyebrow to her in response.
Relena's gaze traveled, not really knowing what to do with this newfound information.
Suddenly something brown caught Relena's eye, something slowly drying on a certain solitary dragon's lap.
Suddenly it was very hard to contain giggles.
In a vain attempt to smother them, she quickly covered her mouth with her hand.

Wufei looked at her speculatively, seemingly annoyed with the peaceful woman's incessant giggling. He sighed, aggravated.
~ Women. They laugh at everything. ~ But as she continued her light laughter, he became uneasy.
"What is it woman!" he asked for the second time that evening.
"You're…you're pants!" she burst out, followed by gales of renewed laughter leaving her mouth full force.
He glared at her acutely before turning his attention on his aforementioned pants…and the brown stain currently staining on them.
Once again he glared at her, finding it excessively hard to fight the blush that was threatening to grace his cheeks.
Her laughter instantly stopped as she took in his angry and offended face.
With one last glare over his shoulder, Wufei stomped out of the room and down the hall, cursing with every step.
Relena stood there, watching his retreating back. Her face was stoic and free of any emotions.
The door clicked shut.
Her laughter echoed throughout the house.

Relena found herself sitting in the library, staring out of the high-up window in a trance-like state. Occasionally she would take a sip of her quickly cooling coffee that currently rested in her hands.
Wufei sat in a plush chair across from her, reading a book with seemingly no name. Occasionally he would flip a page and continue with his reading.
A page was turned.
Coffee was sipped.
All was silent.
Time passed.
A page was turned.
Coffee was sipped.
The phone rang.
Relena jumped at the sudden noise, causing her coffee mug to fly out of her hands and splatter the dark brown liquid all over a certain Gundam pilot.
Relena froze.
Wufei froze.
The phone rang.
"Um, terribly sorry about that, Wufei…" she mumbled, turning her gaze to the floor as she tried to fight down giggles.
Wufei grumbled something under his breath.
Relena sighed and walked towards the phone that was currently disturbing the quiet afternoon with his incessant ringing. Wufei followed after her obediently.
The phone screen flickered to life, revealing an uncharacteristically scared Milliardo Peacecraft.
Relena's anger flared immediately. "Milliardo" she said calmly.
Milliardo knew his sister well, and he knew *very* well that this was the calm before the storm. He visibly gulped.
"Relena."
Wufei, suddenly feeling left out, grumbled his hello.
Milliardo took notice of him then, remembered he had a *very* sharp Kantana, and gulped again.
"What the *hell* is all of this, dear brother." Relena spat through clenched teeth.
The defensive man looked somewhere off screen and nodded.
~ Probably Noin ~ she mused.
When he faced the screen again, his face was stern and commanding.
"Relena, you know this was done for your own good."
She grunted and stepped away from the screen, arms crossed in front of her chest.
"You know as well as I do you would bolt out of there at any chance you got."
Relena remained silent.
"So, for the next two weeks, you and Mr. Chang are *going* to get along."
She turned away from the screen, her slender back facing him.
Wufei took over and stepped in Milliardo's view.
"I think she's done now." He informed him.
Milliardo nodded to the man, and Wufei terminated the connection.

The Lightening baron sat back in his seat, as his wife strode over to him.
"You did well, Mr. Peacecraft." She told him, kissing his lips quickly.
"Mm, maybe I did, Mrs. Peacecraft, but I don't think that she was exactly ecstatic about the whole idea." He contradicted.
"Was it that obvious?" she teased him.
Milliardo looked at the woman who was presently sitting in his lap, and softened. She was giving him that look again, and she knew it all too well. He could almost hear his defenses crumbling, what little there was left of them anyway.
Only two women could do that to him, only two people could ever intimidate him like Relena just had. Those two people being his wife, and his aforementioned sister.
Boy, was he whipped.

"So, we're stuck here, together, alone, for the next two weeks." The slender back voiced from across the room.
Wufei grunted his answer. He could tell she wasn't exactly thrilled with all of this, as was he…almost.
She sighed sadly and decided to herself, "Well, I guess I'll go do… well, something now…"
Wufei watched her leave, something of a smile on his face.

Done for now…whatcha think????? Bad? I know, I know! Gee, my editor didn't really have anything bad to report, so I guess it can't be THAT bad…don't answer that.
-,-;