Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ As Fate Would Have It ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]




SIGH, alright let me explain myself




SIGH, alright let me explain myself. I know what you guys are thinking and saying, WHY THE HECK DID I TAKE SO LONG? Well, I'll tell you.



School sucks
Teachers suck
Homework sucks
Plus, my website is gradually expanding.
I've been drawing a LOT. :D I think you guys will like the stuff that's been keeping me busy.
Editing takes a lot out of a person


So, after sorting out all of the death threats, this is what I have to offer:
Disclaimer: What DOES cheese smell like?
Ok people, I have more than that!
****
As Fate Would Have It chapter 4
By alioop108
12-21-00
www.geocities.com/alioop108
alioop108@hotmai l.com
****

The next week and a half was spent in ritual. When morning came, they would wake, drink their morning coffee on opposite sides of he kitchen, then go their separate ways. Relena would hide herself in the library, reading random books or simply napping. Occasionally she would leave her sanctuary to check every nook and cranny of the large house, looking for any possible, and impossible escapes.
Of course she found none.
Wufei spent his precious time in the ballroom, and not dancing. Viscous battle cries were frequent and usual as he sparred with his imaginary partner. And from the sounds of it, he was winning.
It was one of these days when Relena was found in the library, obviously reading a book. The woman appeared deep in thought as she scanned the pages, flipping the papers at random intervals. It shouldn't have been unusual for the dictator, to scrutinize over documents. But on this vacation, without any contact to the outside world, or any humans not locked in this house as she was, she had no reason to. That man was hardly considered human.
The familiar silence that settled over the room was broken quite abruptly, as another Chinese war cry echoed through the house. Relena sighed at the person who couldn't hear her, and tried to focus back on her reading.
"YA, HO HEY"
Relena looked up angrily at the door, the one-man battle cries making it impossible for her to finish her book. Instead of doing anything about it, she sighed again, closing her book in aggravation and submission.
The woman's outlook on this while situation was simple: She didn't like it, but she didn't have a choice.
Only one more day, she kept telling herself, and tomorrow you can go home. Thinking about this caused her to sigh again. Wasn't she supposed to enjoy being here? Wasn't this supposed to be a vacation?
A loud "YA!" echoed from downstairs, reminding her once again of her… friend.
She hadn't spoken to him since they were so graciously locked in this wonderful house. In fact, she hadn't talked to anyone. Mutely she wondered if her voice still worked. The only time it was actually used was to yell at the phone for not giving her an outside connection, distancing her further from actual people. The man she was forced to live with was simply not normal, she kidded after hearing another "HI-YA!" from through the walls.
Bored, Relena shifted her gaze to her hands, which currently rested on her closed book. Her gaze fell on her middle finger, on which rested a ring. It was her mothers, given to her from Mrs. Darlain when Relena found out about her heritage. It was simple, gold wrapped smoothly around her finger to encase a small diamond in the center. She loved it. Not only because it was the only thing she actually owned from her mother, but it was because it was their wedding ring.
Wedding.
Marriage.
Love.
How she wished she could have any of that. Her brother and Noin only made her realize even more how much she didn't have it.
Noin.
The woman was the closest sister she could ever hope to have. She was literally family, seeing as she married Milliardo. She had always been there for her. When she was seventeen and wanted a normal life, Noin was there to show her just how much she meant to her people. When Heero never came back to her. When she realized he-
Heero.
The man invaded her thoughts for so many years. For too many. She was always there for him; simply because she loved him. Noin was there when she realized just what she was for in his life. Every time he called out to her, it was because he was slipping back into un human, the remembrance of her made him live. She was his mother, so to speak. She guided him to the point where he could live for himself. Sure he loved her, just not in the way she wanted him to-the way she loved him.
Unconsciously a tear slipped from her eye, making it's way to the tip of her chin, only to fall to the book in her lap.
But she was over him, she told herself angrily, wiping the tear away. He didn't love her, it doesn't matter anymore. Move on.
And she was, slowly and surely, she was getting over Heero Yuy.
With all of this thinking weighing down on her, she did the only thing she could think of doing, and what relieved her stress for every meeting, argument and document that tormented her personal peace.
She took a shower.
Relena left her discarded clothes on the floor, and stepped in the shower for what should be a very relaxing half-hour.
The hot water pelted her body, soaking her hair to her back and shoulders. Hot rolling waves washed over her, relaxing her tight muscles. She closed her eyes tiredly in appreciation. The woman wrung her hands unconsciously in the man-made rain, taking pleasure in the padding on her digits.
Cling.
The clatter of metal caused her eyes to spring open, looking for the source of the noise through the steam.
Suddenly she caught sight of her middle finger, and the bareness of it.
She had dropped her ring!
In a furious attempt to find the precious heirloom, her feet roamed the plastic floor. Toes felt metal, as she found the drain.
The drain!
Relena stuck her toe in the unusually small drain, poking to the best of her ability for a clue. Some brush of a small, priceless circular object.
She found none.
Sighing in defeat and relief, she brung her toe out of the drain.
Or at least tried to.
Her foot refused to move, however, and she found herself in quite a predicament. She wiggled her toe and wrenched her ankle, turning and swiveling in a mad attempt to free herself from her foot's prison. In confusion, she slammed off the water, trying in vain to free herself.
Panting from the short workout, she ran out of ideas. Her toe wasn't moving. She refused to give up, however, and in one ditch effort, she put all her strength in one more try. In a rush of movement, she wrenched her foot with all her might.
CRACK.
The sickening sound of twisting bone echoed through the house, and she could almost hear the battle cries stop from down the stairs.
Quite naturally, she let out a piercing scream of pure agony.
Relena collapsed on the floor of the shower, gripping her ankle in extreme pain. Her fingers went unnoticeably white, as tears pooled at the corners of her clenched eyes.
And they say women have a high tolerance to pain.
SLAM.
The bathroom door was swung open, causing her eyes to pop open.
Wufei slid to a stop in front of the clear shower curtain, panting from what seemed to be a long and fast run. His face was frightened, eyes wild with fear, only beginning to focus on her, eh-hem, naked body.
But Relena didn't care. The pain was shooting up her leg, and all she could do was look at him in her pained state. She knew her condition was reflected in her watering eyes. The thought that she was nude barely registered in her mind. Wufei, even in his panicked state, was able to grab a towel and offer it to her.
Relena looked at the towel, knowing too well that she would never be able to wrap it around herself.
Wufei noticed this, and instead of persisting that she make herself decent, let it drop to the floor and tentatively picked her up in his arms.
Wufei gently lifted her into his arms, trying to push the image of her out of his mind, and desperately trying not to look. The woman was beautiful, there was no doubt about that. Her legs were long and slim, the silky skin rubbed against his arms. Her stomach was strong and firm, her shoulders slender and dainty.
He growled at himself under his breath, berating himself for getting so poetic.
How he got to her bedroom he could never tell, for he himself had no idea. All he knew was that the next thing he knew he was slowly lowering her out of his arms and onto the downy bedspread.
Relena's slim fingers clung to his shirt, begging him to stay by her with her whimpers. Gently he pried her fingers off his shirt, softly saying that he had to get medical supplies. She looked at him sadly, but let him go, if only for a minute.
He returned in thirty seconds flat, settling himself onto the bed in front of her and taking her wounded ankle into his lap. She had somehow managed to wrap a blanket around herself, and he was able to half focus o his task. A bandage was wrapped around her ankle, and he rested ice on her sprained limb. Her whimpers quieted, and they sat there in uncomfortable silence.
Wufei simply sat there, not tearing his eyes off of the foot in front of him, almost sad the job was done. He was afraid of what he would find when he looked up, the woman in her blanket which barely covered herself…he didn't think he could control himself.
Relena could only look at her bandaged foot, almost sad the job was done. So that was it. Her last day here, and… and then…
What was she expecting?
She daintily removed her foot from his grasp, causing Wufei to look up into her eyes.
"Thank you" she told him in an almost inaudible whisper, but somehow she knew that he heard.
He didn't respond, and they could only sit and stare into each other's eyes, neither knowing what to do to stay, neither wanting to leave the presence of the other. It had been so long. The avoided situations, the silence… in a moment they would go back to being lonely.
Wufei mentally slapped himself, and shook his head to remove the thoughts and fantasies plaguing his mind. What was this woman doing to him? All he knew from his shambled thoughts was that he couldn't stay any longer. He didn't know what would happen if those luminous blue eyes continued to search his soul. Or if his thoughts kept returning to the way she felt pressed up to his body.
Making his decision, he stood from the bed, making his way to the door.
Relena eyes went wide when she saw him leave. What she was doing or feeling or thinking was beyond her, as all her thoughts focused on the man about to leave her room, and tomorrow leave her life. His hand touched the doorknob.
"Wait!" she called to him, not knowing why she had just said that. He stopped moving all together, and silence settled on the room once more.
Then he turned around, and their eyes met once more.
"stay" she could only mouth, as her voice had somehow left her.
Wufei looked at the woman who just asked him to stay with her. Why should he stay? There was no place for him here, no place for him in her life. He didn't have a reason to stay, and it wouldn't matter if he did. Tomorrow he would leave her forever, would go back to the job he had led for six years. He would leave her forever. He shouldn't stay; it would only hurt them both.
The why his feet carried himself to her side he'll never be able to explain.
He crossed the room quickly, coming to stand in front of her. And without preamble, he took her chin in his hand and kissed her lush lips.
The blanket fell, and their bodies collided.

The room was bathed in darkness, the incessant moon shining down on the two lovers. Together they lay in each other's arms, one fast asleep, her head laying peacefully on the others firm chest. A content smile played on her lips.
The other, however, was wide-awake, but chose not to make any sort of movement except to gently stroke the others hair. The other arm wrapped snuggly around the woman's slender waist.
"I love you" he confessed to they empty room, and to ears who would never hear the words.

Sunlight pored into the extravagant bedroom, shining in all its brilliance onto the bed in the middle of the room.
A single figure lay in the middle of the bed, comforters and blankets strewn on the floor.
A single sheet protected the figure in the bed, and it rose and fell with the person's quiet breathing. A warm and lazy silence bathed the room, making everything seem to be in a peaceful sleep.
The figure in the bed stirred in the sunny room, stretching her arms and legs tiredly. A soft sigh escaped her lips, and she smiled happily in remembrance to the previous night's events. She reached out to her lover, hoping to seek his warmth.
She found nothing but air.
Her eyes opened suddenly, and she sat up in bed with a start, one hand holding the sheet to her chest in a lame attempt to cover herself.
And suddenly the harsh truth came crashing down on her while she scanned the room. A tear slid down her cheek, and she made no attempt to wipe it away.
Relena was alone in the room, and Wufei was gone.


AN: it said that "brung" is not a word. Stupid people. It should be!
Welsh, that's all folks! I REALLY hope it was worth the wait! Sorry if some of it was written terribly, I wasn't really paying attention, just trying to get it all out on time. Well, blew the time thing, but it was a long chapter!
Next time on As the world turns….wait, scratch that. Nvm, wrong show.
Next time on…As Fate Would have It: Heero confronts Relena, and they talk! Relena comes to a startling discovery!