Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Blame It on The Weatherman ❯ A Devil's Thoughts Are Never Revealed.... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blame It on the Weatherman

Warning: major angsting, shonen-ai w/ hints of yaoi, bad language (like you all care), Relena bashing (weatherman = Relena), and switches P.O.V.'s a couple of times at the end.

It's just one more day,

No one said

There would be rain again.

Won't blame it on myself,

I'll blame it on the weatherman.

The days passed slowly. The nights seemed twice as long as the days. And still I didn't understand what you saw in her. Was it because Relena was rich? Sure I didn't have money and power like her but I gave you more, Heero. Was it because she was pretty? You always said I was beautiful so where are you now? Or was it because she was a woman and if you had gone out in public no one stare as much like if it were us? Don't even tell me that was your reason. No, godammit…Tell me, was that it? Fuck it, Heero…I can't stand to hear you speak.

Get away for awhile,

Here I am out on my own again.

Won't blame it on myself,

I'll blame it on the weatherman.

And here I am, passing Main Street for about the 30th time. I have nowhere to go. You kicked me out of our apartment. Relena only wanted you to be happy so she'd live wherever you wanted. That little bitch! She isn't content with what she already has so she has to steal somebody else's little sunshine too, doesn't she? Fuck this….And yet, the more I try to forget you two, the more I remember our sweet promises. What happened to your love for me? It couldn't have disappeared overnight.

Standing on the shore,

Calling out your name,

I was here before,

I could see your face.

A place I often went to think w as the beach. It calmed me down just to sit there and stare up at the sky. Plus, nobody really came to the beach on rainy days which I found to be the perfect kind of days to be on the beach. On some of the days, it seemed my sanity was gone and I'd sit on the beach calling out your name. Just like the night you first showed me this beach. That was the night after we vowed to stay together forever. On that night, you showed me what love and passion really were.

Only clouds will see,

Tears are in my eyes,

Empty like my heart.

Why do ya say goodbye?

And only the rain clouds could see the battle on my face, the silent tears that were begging to fall. Slowly, they fell down my face and I could remember the smack as your hand connected with my cheek. At first, it didn't hurt cause I didn't want to believe that you could possibly do that to me. I had cradled my cheek and cried late into the night. That gad been the last night I saw you. True, I saw you all around the city but that had been the last time you had been with me.

The rain goes on (on and on again) (repeat x 3)

Alone I can hear,

Hear our song,

Playing for me again.

Won't blame it on myself,

I'll blame it on the weatherman.

Walking home from the beach, I heard a song flittering through a back alley. I stopped, my hands in my jean's pockets, and listened for a moment. How could the world be so cruel? Of all times this song had to pop its evil little head out, it had to be now. The radio's playing our song, Heero. Then I remember that you could care less and I begin walking. Soon, I come upon a familiar building. Our apartment complex. Every time I walk there, my feet moving of their own accord, I hope that when I look at your window, a face would be staring back. But it never happens.

I knew when you were there and when you weren't. Right now, you and Relena would probably be sitting on the couch, sipping hot cocoa and watching the rain as it fell. But that was just a lonely man's guess.

Standing on the shore,

Calling out your name,

I was here before,

I could see your face

And then the thing that seemed most impossible became reality when I saw your face peek through the curtains. You didn't know I was there, at least not yet and I prayed you wouldn't notice for a few moments. God, you are so beautiful! I had always wondered how it was that you fell in love with me. I didn't consider myself bad looking but I didn't feel like a piece of art that you had always treated me like. Suddenly, I noticed I've spaced out and prussian blue has met cobalt. I can see the shock on your face. It was a surprise for me too, Heero, but I won't let you know that. And just as suddenly as you've appeared, you've disappeared. I sighed and walked on.

Only clouds will see,

Tears are in my eyes,

Empty like my heart,

Why do ya say goodbye?

Suddenly the doors to the complex open and you came out. "Duo, wait. I owe you an explanation." You say simply. "Fuck it, Heero. I don't have time for your bullshit." I say still walking. "Duo, I love you!" you yell, probably in hopes that it'll stop me. And it works. I stop in my tracks confused. "No, Heero. I won't fall for that shit again. Goodbye, Heero." I say and start walking again.

Maybe it's too late,

Maybe it's too late to try again,

Maybe I can't pray,

Maybe I can't wait,

Maybe I can't blame the weatherman

(Heero's P.O.V.)

He walked away and I watched in surprise. I thought he still loved me. I guess I had just needed a break to figure out who I really loved. And the one I loved most was walking away. There was nothing I could tell him to make him come back. It was too late. If only there had been some kind of time machine I could go back to before. Before I started seeing Relena, before I had hit Duo, before I'd kicked him out, before all of this. But it was too late now.

(*Duo's P.O.V. again*)

Walking away from the complex, I was surprised in myself. I thought I still loved Heero. Maybe I did but now was not the time to think of that. I mean if he cheated on me once, who's to say he wouldn't go back to Relena again? So, for now I could only wait and wish that little bitch would fall off a cliff somewhere. I smiled at that and continued walking on. Walking off to a new life somewhere far away.