Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Bohemian Rhapsady ❯ Movement Eleven ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Bohemian Rhapsody

By Devon Masterson

Movement Eleven

Aoi37@hotmail.com

"Whatever you ask for that's what I'll be…"

"Heero," Trowa called as he rushed to catch up with the quickly moving man.

Heero stopped and swung at Trowa in his anger. Trowa caught his fist and Heero punched him in the stomach making him double over. He stood breathing hard as he watched Trowa recover himself. "You betrayed me, Trowa!"

"You betrayed her," he replied as he sat up. He let Heero hit him in the stomach so that he would feel better, but he didn't realized that the shorter man punched so hard. Heero stared at him incredulously. "You picked up and left her for a year and expected her to be there for you as though her feelings didn't matter."

"I love her," Heero blurted out in his anger. "I wanted to protect her while I got my past straight."

"I love her too," Trowa retorted. He could feel his anger flaring as well. "And I loved her then. I watched as she fell in love with you and how it destroyed her as she got over you. She didn't even admit her feelings to me until we had been together six months."

Heero's eyes widened and he looked away. His mind flashed back to the look hurt in her soft brown eyes as she looked at him as though she was disgusted. "I thought I was protecting her."

"I did not intend for things to happen the way they did," Trowa said softly. "I didn't want to hurt you, Heero."

Angry Prussian eyes looked into sorrowful emerald ones. Part of him wanted to snap at him, but he knew he was as much to blame in this whole thing as Trowa was. He was not the victim, Victoria was. He should have made his intentions clearer to her before he left. The others warned him about it, including Trowa, but he did not listen believing that he was right. "But you did," he admitted lowly. He hated it when he felt vulnerable, but he also knew that he could not hide certain things from them, they knew him too well. He walked away. "I need some time," he said simply. "Take care of her or friend or not, I will kill you."

Trowa nodded at the forgiveness in disguise then walked in the opposite direction. As he started for the hall where the ball was being held, he saw Quatre, Wufei, and Duo leaned against the wall. They all looked various degrees of sorrowful but glad that the friendship between the two men was still intact though damaged.

"He took that much better than I thought he would," Wufei admitted.

"Yeah well, I'll give him a couple of days then we'll hit the hot spots," Duo remarked causally. He winked at Trowa. "I've got it covered."

"I'm sure after some time and Duo pestering him, he'll calm down," Quatre commented.

Trowa looked at his friends and smirked. Both he and Heero were lucky that they had them in their lives. He knew that they would get through this. Heero was a honorable man and could understand how they both could have handled things differently. He would have to earn the Japanese man's trust again, but then that was given.

"How did Heero find out anyway?" Duo asked curiously breaking into Trowa's thoughts.

Trowa smiled lightly at good part of the evening then his expression went back to normal. "I asked Victoria to marry me and he over heard us."

All of their eyes lowered in understanding. "What did she say?" Quatre finally asked.

"She said yes," he answered. He tried to sound totally emotionless as he announced his engagement out of respect for Heero, but the others could detect his pleasure at her response.

"Congratulations, Barton," Wufei commented.

"Yeah, Man," Duo agreed as he punched him in the shoulder playfully.

"I'm happy for you, Trowa," Quatre beamed. At least there was some good news this evening.

"So when's the wedding date?" Duo asked.

%%%

Heero sat at his desk going over paper work. Roger was perched at his usual place amongst the unruly chocolate locks of his master. Duo walked into the study and slouched in the chair in front of his desk. "Are you coming?"

"I have no place there," he answered simply.

"Bull shit, Heero!" Duo exclaimed letting his anger creep into in his voice. "It's been eight months and Trowa has been reaching and you've been slapping him in the face. I know it hurts…"

"He betrayed me."

"You and I both know that's not completely true," Duo remarked. "You refuse to face them because you made a mistake and you feel like by facing the situation you are owning up to that fact to them and yourself."

Heero looked up from his paperwork and looked at the American coldly. When the hell did he become so astute? "Drop it, Duo," he warned.

Duo shook his head and stood. "I never would have figured you for a coward." He shut the door behind him annoyed. He had plane to catch and a wedding to attend.

Inside Heero's study, papers flew in annoyance and anger. Roger huddled in the corner wading out the aftermath whimpering and Heero sank into his chair. He wondered, how things got like this? He should have been back to normal and starting to rebuild trust with Trowa. Trowa had been a friend to him the whole time. He should have noticed Trowa's feelings and told Victoria how he felt about her. If he had been just a little more honest and observant, he would be walking down the aisle with Victoria instead of her walking down the aisle to Trowa. He made a mistake. He was not accustomed to screwing up and when he thought about it, he didn't know what hurt more his heart or his pride.

He opened his drawer and saw a small picture of Victoria inside. He always looked at it from time to time. "I haven't done a single thing right by you," he whispered. "If I ever get another chance, even in some other parallel universe, I won't make the same mistake." He touched the picture tenderly then put it away. It was time to face his mistakes. "Every man has to make his own way. The baka always did give good advice."

%%%

Victoria sat in her old room looking out of the window. Her mother insisted that she and Trowa get married in Germany. They gave into that whim of her's but they insisted on doing the wedding how they wanted. The Countess pouted for a little while but she still found a way to get her ideas in here and there with respect for the young people's wishes. She was just excited that her youngest daughter was getting married.

Tomorrow she was getting married and she was ridiculously nervous. She had never been so nervous in her life. She wanted to talk with Trowa and see how he was holding up, but her mother hadn't let her near him for the last couple of hours. She thought that the tradition of not getting to see her fiancée right before the wedding was stupid, but he seemed to keeping with it as well. She sighed thinking it would be nice if he could wrap his arms around her.

The vid phone started to ring and she looked about strangely wondering how could be calling. `No visual connection' displayed across the screen as familiar voice greeted her. "How are you holding up, baby?" Trowa asked. A hint of nervousness could be detected in his voice.

"I could ask you the same thing," she smirked. Already she was greatly calmed. "I'm fine now that I'm talking to you."

"I feel the same," he remarked.

"Who disrupted the visual connection?" she asked curiously.

"I did," he admitted. "That was the only way they would let me call you."

"I see to them later," she said coolly then changed the subject. "Is Heero coming?"

"No," he answered. "Duo told me he's still upset and he refuses to talk to me other than one word phrases."

"I'm sorry Trowa. I came between the two of you."

"Victoria," he said sternly. "The two of us will work it out. What happened was not your fault, it was between us."

"I love you, sweetheart," she smiled. He was being strong when she knew it hurt him that he and Heero were fighting.

"I love you too, baby, sleep well."

"You too," she commented then they hung up.

~

Victoria stood in her wedding dress and looked into the mirror. In a few moments, Quatre would come for her and lead her down the aisle to the man she loved. She was nervous, but it was an excited type of nervous. Everyone she cared about would witness her happiness, well almost everyone. She had tried calling Heero and personally inviting him. It was something that she should have asked him earlier but she figured better late than never unfortunately looked like never, because she was informed that he was on a business trip.

A gentle knock signaled her that it was time. She took a deep breath and flipped her veil over face before opening the door. "I'm…Heero?"

"No, I'm Heero," he smiled. She looked breath taking in her gown. A twinge of sadness pulled at his heart at what could have been. She would have been his bride if he had not pissed away the chance, but at least she would be in the safe keeping of the only one who could love her as much as he could.

"You came." She hugged him. She was very glad to see him and she wanted to let him know that she was proud that he made such a big step.

"I needed to face some things," he answered truthfully. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you," she smiled then looked around. "Where's Quatre?"

Quatre walked slowly down the aisle and stood beside Trowa and the others. "Uh, Quatre, where's the bride?" Duo whispered. "She's supposed to come with you."

"I found a better escort," Quatre smiled.

They all looked at him curiously when they heard the first couple of bars of the Wedding March starting to play. They all looked towards the other end of the aisle and saw Victoria and Heero walking down to them.

"Well I'll be damned," Duo said lowly. Quatre poked him and gave him a `behave we're in church' look. Duo had a look of horror at thinking out loud and focused on the wedding.

"Who gives this woman away?" The minister asked.

"I do," Heero replied. He looked toward Trowa and shook his hand. Emerald eyes met with Prussian eyes in attempt to translate the meaning behind the act. Heero nodded and placed Victoria's hand inside of Trowa's then stepped aside.

"Thank you," Trowa said lowly so that only Heero could hear.

"Take care of her," Heero remarked then stood beside the other best men.

Duo put a hand on Heero's shoulder to let him know that they were all proud of him. Perhaps things would be getting back to normal after all.

AN: Just so you know I never intended for this to be this long. I was actually going to scrap this story all together until I got the love triangle idea. This was just supposed to be about Lady Une meeting Heero's mom…oh well. If you're still reading, more power to you and thanks

Father Figure by George Michael

© 2001 Devon Masterson

Another Bond Girl Production

I think we all know who belongs to who, Gundam Wing belongs to a whole bunch of rich influential people. I just do this for fun. Everybody knows med/grad school candidates don't have money so suing me if pointless.