Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Bohemian Rhapsady ❯ Movement Twelve ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Bohemian Rhapsody

By Devon Masterson

Movement Twelve

Aoi37@hotmail.com

"And love can't lie…"

Victoria kissed Trowa on the forehead as he lay in the bed sleeping then picked up her attaché case. She was going into the office early to take care of a few things before she left for her various meetings. The various boards that she had to report to, always some how got into their heads that she could be everywhere at once and nothing better to do. She knew that some of them did think that the Preventers were a waste of funding, but no one was willing to test that theory. The organization under her guidance managed to keep the peace and safety of the people for the last five years. People almost forgot what the threat of war felt like.

Even if the parliament did not appreciate the work she did, she knew the importance of it. She did not like, however; having to get up three hours earlier and leaving her warm bed and husband for people who did not appreciate her. Victoria looked back to Trowa as he turned in his sleep. It was much harder to leave him this year then it was last year. Last year when she had to make her yearly report they were not married yet and he was on a mission. This year he looked so cute under the covers his wonderful bare chest showing. Part of her wanted to crawl back under the covers, into his arms, and rest her head on his chest as she drifted off to sleep.

"Sleep well sweetheart," she said softly as she turned to leave their bedroom.

"Have a good day, baby," he mumbled in his sleep.

"Ever the light sleeper," she thought as she walked across the living room. She opened the door and sighed as soft chilly breeze blew past her. "Another wonderful morning," she commented knowing that her morning would be anything but.

~

"Colonel Barton, as always we are impressed with your progress for the year," President Michael complimented, "but we have a concern about the Ocean Group. Are they still threat?"

"That is a valid question," she commented. "Their activity has been nearly non-existent with the take over of their main financial backers. While their potential threat status is something that can not be over looked, I do not feel that that we should be concerned at this time. We are keeping a close eye on them."

"Very good, Colonel Barton, keep up the good work," the president said dismissing her. She nodded respectfully and left the hall as they started on their next issue. She leaned against the wall and took a deep breath. She was glad that was the last meeting of the day. She had been feeling nauseated ever since lunch. She was going straight home instead of back to the office. She finished everything that had to be done this morning the rest would wait.

"You did well in there," Heero said as he walked up to her.

"Thank you," she smiled.

"Are you okay?" he asked in concern.

"Lunch didn't agree with me," she answered. She changed the subject. "What brings you by today, Heero?"

"I like to stay on top of things," he said simply.

She shook her head. He always seemed a mystery to her especially the last couple of years when she thought she had figured him out. "Useful in our trade," she replied. She covered her mouth and quickly exited. She made it to a stall just in time as she retched and released the lunch that did not agree with her. She felt twenty times better as she stood to wash her hands and face. She closed her eyes in front of the sink and exhaled slowly as she gathered her composure.

"You should go home, Victoria," Heero said from behind her.

Victoria opened her yes and turned around. "This is a women's restroom, Mr. Lowe," she said coldly.

Heero looked at her as though he didn't care where he was right now. "It served my purpose to be here now."

"I'm fine now," she commented reading his expression. To an outsider his expression looked blank and cold, but her keen eyes could see the look of concern in his eyes. He would not violate the sanctity of the women's restroom just for the heck of it.

"Go home, Victoria," he replied before leaving the bathroom. "I'm calling Trowa to let him know."

She narrowed her eyes, picked up her attaché and shook her head. She had planned to go home anyway, but she did not like the idea of being told to what to do. Using Trowa against her, was a low blow as well. He would come home and make her go to bed. She was not tired; she wanted to lie low for a couple of hours. She would get to Heero later.

%%%

Quatre lifted his head slowly as Duo came in and flopped beside him. "Duo, you look terrible as terrible as I feel," he noted.

"Thanks, Q-man," he replied sarcastically.

"I feel like I'm going to die," Quatre sighed as he put his head back down.

"And I'm going to lead us there," Duo said miserably. "I have never upchucked so much in my life."

"Me neither," Quatre groaned. He just wanted to stay in that spot. His head and stomach hurt so much.

Trowa wrinkled his nose in disgust. He felt perfectly fine, but something told him not to get too close to the others. Wufei was on a mission so he had nothing to worry about, but his other comrades he had to admit did look like they were knocking on death's door. "I called Sally and she's coming to get you."

"Bless you, Trowa," Duo sighed as he put his head down as well.

"You're welcome," he said gently as he looked at his two friends in concern. He would have to inform Victoria of this as soon as she came in. He looked at his watch casually. She was running a little late. "The meeting must have run late," he thought.

Sally walked into the office followed by some of her personnel. She immediately went to Quatre and Duo and felt their heads. "They have fevers," she commented. She then looked toward Trowa. "I want everyone to go to the infirmary."

Trowa shook his head. "I feel fine there is no need for me to go."

"I'm not so sure yet," Sally replied. "Twenty-five percent of the personnel is passing around the stomach flu or is out sick with it. I want to observe you just to make sure." Trowa sighed then thought of Victoria. He dismissed the idea from his mind. She was fine this morning when she left. "Where's the Colonel?" she asked looking around.

"She had several meetings with the parliament and various colony officials," he answered. "She's been out most of the day."

"Good, she probably hasn't been effected," Sally smiled. Something was finally looking up today. "Come down to the infirmary and I will do some blood work. If it's clear then you're free to go."

Trowa nodded. He was confident that he was fine. It was not often that he got sick anyway. If he were sick, he probably out like Quatre and Duo. He started down the hall after Sally when his phone rang. "Barton, here," he answered.

"This is Heero," he greeted in his usual way. "Victoria got sick in the bathroom at the conference. I sent her home, I thought you should know."

"Did you follow her to make sure?" Trowa asked.

"Yes," he answered. "Sally should have a look at her in the morning."

"She must have caught the stomach flu that's going around. Quatre and Duo have it as well. They are being carried off to the infirmary as we speak."

"Hmm."

"Thank you for telling me, Heero, I'm on my way to check on her. Barton out."

"Yuy out."

Trowa hit the `end' button on his phone then looked toward Sally who had stopped in concern. "Go home and take care of your wife, Commander," she smiled. "If you start to have symptoms get some rest. Let her know that I expect to see her in my office when she feels better."

He nodded and walked away. "Yes, ma'am," he said politely.

Sally continued to grin as she watched him walked away. It must be nice to find someone that wanted to spend the rest of their life with you and admitted that they did. It had been almost a year for the Bartons and she wished them many more

%%%

Victoria laid half-way on the bed exhausted with a bucket near her. In the last hour the need for its presence had been imperative. She looked at the clock miserably. She imagined Trowa would come home any minute. There was no doubt that her invisible warden called her husband to tell on her so that she would not go to the office. Little did he know that she had no intention of going back to the office. She felt like she was going to die. Queasiness was never her thing, but today it was hanging around. "Oh god," she moaned as she leaned over the side of the bed again to reach for the bucket. She wiped her mouth and rolled all the way onto the bed. She felt better for now, of course she put everything that she ate the last year in the bucket.

The front door closed and Victoria looked pitifully toward it. She felt too horrible to go and greet her husband. "Victoria," he called softly in case she was sleeping.

"I'm in here," she croaked. She put her hand to her throat it burned a little from the past hour's activities and it made her sound ten times worse than she felt.

Trowa appeared in the room instantly. He sat down on the bed gently and looked at her with concern in his eyes. He smoothed back her hair as he noted her condition. She did not have a fever but she had the same look of misery that Duo and Quatre had. "I'm here now," he said gently.

"He called you," she sighed. He nodded. "Just as well. I don't know what it was in particular that I ate, but I won't eat it again."

"You have the stomach flu," he said lowly as pulled her into his arms. "Quite a few people are out with it including Quatre and Duo."

"I don't think you want to hold me right now. I don't want to get sick on you."

Trowa considered this but held her anyway. "I'll be fine, besides I don't think you have much left." He looked towards the bucket. He would empty it once he got her to sleep. "I want you to rest." She snuggled closer to him as she felt her lids starting to droop. "Sally wants you to see her when you feel better."

"That's…" her sentence trailed as she slipped into a restful slumber.

Father Figure by George Michael

© 2001 Devon Masterson

Another Bond Girl Production

I think we all know who belongs to who, Gundam Wing belongs to a whole bunch of rich influential people. I just do this for fun. Everybody knows med/grad school candidates don't have money so suing me if pointless.