Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Bohemian Rhapsady ❯ Movement Fifteen ( Chapter 15 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Bohemian Rhapsody

By Devon Masterson

Movement Fifteen

Aoi37@hotmail.com

"Just hold on, hold on, I won't let you go…"

Heero walked into the Quatre's flat and sank into an empty chair. Everyone was looking as horrible as he felt and probably looked himself. Duo jumped up in angry tension. He wanted to avenge Trowa's death but got cut short the chance, they all did. "I just want to know who did it," he said finally as he started pacing the floor. "He deserved everything that he got and hope someone is kicking his ass in hell."

"I agree," Quatre replied angrily. They were all loss at what to do and how to channel their loss.

"Victoria took him out," Heero said simply as he lay back in the chair emotionally drained.

"How do you figure?" Wufei asked.

He thought back to that night. "Omega was found burned to death and staked to a chair by the shoulders," Heero commented. "That sounds like something that she would do."

"That's kind of over the top, don't you think?" Quatre asked.

"Remember Septum?" Heero asked. "She dropped him out of a plane and shot him."

"I see your point," Quatre replied.

"Remind me to never piss her off," Duo commented as he sat down on the floor indian-style. "I need to work off this tension."

The vid phone started to ring and Quatre motioned to Duo to answer it since he was closer. "Winner residence, Maxwell speaking," he greeted less than cheerful.

"Duo!" Sally's image appeared on the screen along with static. "Are all of the guys present."

"Yeah, what's up, Sally?"

"I'm in a remote sector of L-3 on colony AOI37, I just heard what happened," she answered. A look of sorrowed crossed her normally jovial expression. "How are you guy's holding up."

"We're holding," he answered after glancing back at the others. "It's pretty depressing over here. Tell me you have some news to cheer us up."

"Sorry I wish I did," she said sadly. "I wanted to check up on Victoria. How is she doing?"

"I wish I could tell you," Duo replied. "She wanted to be alone. Today, at the funeral, was the first time I had seen her since we found out what happened."

"You guys need to keep a close eye out for her. I am worried about what this kind of stress could do to her and the baby."

"Baby," they all said in unison as they sat up.

"She's two months pregnant. She was going to surprise Trowa for the anniversary, but…I know this has to be hard for her. I don't think she should be totally alone right now."

"Were right on it, Sally," Duo commented as he and the others stood.

"Good. Po out."

"Maxwell out," he said as he put on his coat. Before the connection was disabled on her side they were out the door to start looking.

%%%

Victoria stood outside a quaint bed-n-breakfast and sighed before opening the door.

"Madame Barton, how nice to see you again," a middle-aged woman greeted.

"Bon jour, Madame Bovary," she said half-heartedly.

The astute woman noted the sadness in the young woman's voice. "Is there something wrong, cherie?" she asked. She looked around. "Where is Monsieur Barton? I thought he would be with you."

"I'll be staying alone," she answered in a tone that told Madame that the subject was closed. "Is my room ready?"

Madame's heart saddened as she wondered what could have destroyed the happy couple. She had only seen them just last year, about this time. Perhaps it was merely a lover's a quarrel. "Of course it is, cherie. Here's the key and you can go right up. You look tired."

Victoria took the key and the woman's advice gratefully. "Exhausted is more like it," she thought as she watched the young woman.

"Thank you," Victoria said softly.

Once she was upstairs, the woman went to the vid phone to place a call. She was sure that Trowa would want to know where she was so they could talk. She had known him and Catherine every since he was in his middle teens. He always came here to settle his spirits and leave his troubles behind.

"Hello, Catherine Bloom speaking."

"Mademoiselle Bloom," she greeted. "How are you this evening?"

Catherine smirked grateful for the chance to lighten her mood. "I've had better weeks."

"It seems to be going around," Madame replied mostly to herself. "I am calling because I was wondering if you could reach Monsieur Barton. Madame Barton checked in her today and I'm worried…Oh dear, Mademoiselle, what's wrong?"

"Trowa passed away," she answered lowly. She could feel fresh tears threatening to fall.

"Mon dieu!" Madame exclaimed in shock. Her head lowered in grief and understanding. "I am so sorry, cherie. The pain you must be going through."

"I'll be fine," Cathy commented. "Look after Victoria please. She's trying to be strong but I know she needs someone."

"I will, cherie, I had no idea, the poor dear," Madame replied. "I'm going to look in on her now."

"Thank you, Madame," Catherine said gratefully.

"If there is anything I can do let me know," Madame remarked. "I must go now. I want to fix her something to eat the poor dear looked exhausted and she will need a good hot meal when she wakes up."

Catherine smiled for the first time in a couple of days then nodded. "I will check back with you in a couple of days, Madame."

"Until then," she replied softly before hanging up. "The poor dear, my asking about him did not help," she thought as she went up the stairs to check on Victoria. She reached the top of the stairs and walked softly to the end of the hall. She knocked softly on the door. "Madame Barton?" she called softly. She heard nothing, but wanted to make sure that the young woman was sleeping soundly. She pulled out her master key and cracked the door slightly. Victoria slept on the bed in a restless slumber. Madame opened the door further out of curiosity. Her heart went out to the young woman, as she looked at her the sad, tear stained face. Madame closed the door. She would do all that she could to help her.

%%%

Heero slammed his fist on the table in frustration. He could not find Victoria anywhere and the guys were not having much better luck. They had been searching for three days. He was very worried. He knew how intense Victoria could be when she was upset. He had to get to her and she was going to come with him or he would haunt her until she did. None of them were willing to compromise on the subject.

The vid phone started to ring and Heero pushed the answer button. "Lowe here," he said annoyed.

"Heero," Quatre greeted happily as his image appeared on the screen. "I traced her to Paris," he began.

"Where in Paris?" Heero asked his mood changing dramatically.

"I'm still working on that, but there's only but so many places she could be," he answered. "She wants to be alone so she's not going to be in the main part of the city."

Heero nodded in agreement. "Hmm."

"Hold on a minute, Heero," Quatre commented hearing his cell phone ringing. He answered it and spoke a few minutes. A larger smile spread across his face as he talked to the person and then hung up. "Heero, that was Catherine. She told me that she has been worried about Victoria and that's she staying at a bed-n-breakfast in the Parisian countryside. The owner has known Trowa and Catherine a long time and called when she showed up alone."

"I'm on my way," Heero replied.

Quatre nodded. "I'll catch up to you in Paris after I tell the others. Winner out."

"Lowe out." The screen went blank. Heero stood and walked out of the door.

"Heero-sama, if I may ask where are you going?" Shinji asked.

"Out," Heero answered as he opened the door. "Don't follow me."

Shinji nodded. Normally, he would have shadowed the young man and stayed out of sight, but something told him not to this time. This was something that his employer had to do on his own. He imagined it had something to do with the location of the young widow. He heard mention of Paris while passing by Heero's office. It was his business to know the details of Heero's life in order to protect him. Shinji knew the young man could handle himself quite well, but he also knew that Heero was reckless at times when it came to danger and other people's lives. Someone had to look out for him as well even if he did not think that his life mattered much. "He loves her very much. Perhaps her influence will help him to focus and settle down."

Heero passed through the estate gates and sped down the street. He was grateful that Shinji did not try and give him the third degree about going out alone. He did not have time to explain to his bodyguard the situation that had been playing out like an operatic tragedy over the last two years. Something like that would take at least fifteen parts just to get up to what was going on at the moment. "Wait for me, Victoria."

Father Figure by George Michael

© 2001 Devon Masterson

Another Bond Girl Production

I think we all know who belongs to who, Gundam Wing belongs to a whole bunch of rich influential people. I just do this for fun. Everybody knows med/grad school candidates don't have money so suing me if pointless.